2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

X-Seti

[REL] Adopting Kams Scripts

deltaCJ

You get word from DENISka? He fell off of GTA Forums and his Russian GTA Forum a while back...

As far I know, he left GTA modding.

I wouldn't be surprised.

I just wish he left some of his secrets behind with him.

Anderius, City of Lost Heaven, and Mushroomia were all great mods.

-Paradocx-

uhmm why i can't see the textures in the viewport :blink: , but the render is fine

Untitled.jpg

deltaCJ

uhmm why i can't see the textures in the viewport :blink: , but the render is fine

Untitled.jpg

make sure in the material editor this little box is clicked:

AylINlT.png

-Paradocx-

AylINlT.png

"show standart map in viewport ? " already click that but nothing happens

2e1d39543675584.jpg

i pretty sure my problem is there's no texture in my material editor :miranda:

Edited by -Paradocx-

deltaCJ

AylINlT.png

"show standart map in viewport ? " already click that but nothing happens

2e1d39543675584.jpg

i pretty sure my problem is there's no texture in my material editor :miranda:

Yeah might be

guard3

Views > Shaded matelias with maps (or something like that) will fix that.

Gmer

After using this for a while I noticed your X-Seti adopted version has trouble preserving normals, models often end up too bright and lighting on both vehicles and map/object DFF's can get messed up.

But, the original Kams scripts don't have this problems, so although I like your improved version, I need to fall back on the original.

I am using 3DS Max 2017 if that's relevant, and for now I am using the default Kams that works for 3DS 2017. (http://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/other/104922-kam-s-scripts-for-3ds-max-2017)

X-Seti

Thank you for letting me know, I will get onto that soon after I fix my PC.

But I do have this laptop, so maybe I can tweak stuff here but I would be unable to test the changes. also I need to remove Bully support as this could create issues given that OpenIV has been sent a C&A order.

Edit; I also posted in the improved kams script topic, Later versions of 3dsmax 2015+ kams will not work like it should if at all on 3dsmax 2017.

I use 3dsmax2014, I am thinking of writing everything from scratch but again later versions of 3dsmax are always going to be an issue.

Edited by X-Seti

Vadim M.

I need to remove Bully support as this could create issues given that OpenIV has been sent a C&A order.

If I recall correctly, their new rules apply to games on RAGE engine only.

~~~

By they way, there is a problem with Vice City ped models. If I want to use IFP animations, the model doesn't load up, because the tool gives an error. To fix that I have to convert PC model to PC (or PS2 to PC, i can't remember). Is it possible to fix that?

Jinx.

Yep, this only applies to their engine.

cj2000

Thank you for letting me know, I will get onto that soon after I fix my PC.

But I do have this laptop, so maybe I can tweak stuff here but I would be unable to test the changes. also I need to remove Bully support as this could create issues given that OpenIV has been sent a C&A order.

Edit; I also posted in the improved kams script topic, Later versions of 3dsmax 2015+ kams will not work like it should if at all on 3dsmax 2017.

I use 3dsmax2014, I am thinking of writing everything from scratch but again later versions of 3dsmax are always going to be an issue.

What you mean by bully suport?

Also what that sh*t abut forbiding OpenIV? It's really to late forbiding RAGE modding.

X-Seti

I had plans to add full bully export / import via the max scripts however now due to current events I have decided not to.

Rockstar aren't fans of mods that port maps between IP's. I know this mostly covers the Rage Engine right now. but if someone plans to port Bully to SA for example (And I know a group of people doing this) with all the missions and game play intact this would be a mod soon to get a D&A.

Porting a full game to another game engine is classed pretty much as warez.

Cj2000, if you think I'm talking sh*t and you haven't read all the news posts over OpenIV and Take2 on this forum. Just carry on and ignore this post.

cj2000

@Xsety that openIV isue was already solved, you should read that thread. Your Information about that was outdated so I looked like fool when tallking about that. Modding is still legal. Script that can import and/or export models has nothing to do with warez. I really don't want to argue with you about that. It's your decision to suport Bully or not, but it'll be really cool if you share your knowledge about Bully format.

Stierlitz

I had plans to add full bully export / import via the max scripts however now due to current events I have decided not to.

Rockstar aren't fans of mods that port maps between IP's. I know this mostly covers the Rage Engine right now. but if someone plans to port Bully to SA for example (And I know a group of people doing this) with all the missions and game play intact this would be a mod soon to get a D&A.

Cj2000, if you think I'm talking sh*t and you haven't read all the news posts over OpenIV and Take2 on this forum. Just carry on and ignore this post.

Dude the only reason they closed OpenIV down was because it infringed GTA Online (their claim). GTA Online is a big source of their revenue so they're very defensive about it. I doubt they care about singleplayer games like Bully or GTA SA since they're both more than a decade old.

Even then as CJ2000 mentioned, the entire thing was solved and Take2 said as long as it doesn't affect Online they don't care. And as long as you don't redistribute the original files and just make tools around them, it's not really warez.

It would be a shame to drop Bully support since there are virtually no proper 3dsmax tools to import Bully assets with. Looking into the animation files (.cat I think) would be another amazing thing too. We could see a properly animated skateboard mod for GTA SA...

cj2000

It would be a shame to drop Bully support since there are virtually no proper 3dsmax tools to import Bully assets with. Looking into the animation files (.cat I think) would be another amazing thing too. We could see a properly animated skateboard mod for GTA SA...

At least, like I said, he could share his knowledge about Bully format, so other people could implement Bully suport.

Mr.Arrow

The new modding policy only applies for newer RAGE games. Otherwise, they would have taken down popular total conversion like GTA Underground.

cj2000

Found this on this web.

Junior_Djjr

It's possible to use solvers to create anims for Kam's Max Script? Using conversions, make kam's max script accept etc, somehow.

Solvers make it easy to create animations in an incredible way and they told me it is currently impossible to use for GTA. As well as all GTA animations tutorials use the archaic way of animating: rotating bones.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

deltaCJ

It's possible to use solvers to create anims for Kam's Max Script? Using conversions, make kam's max script accept etc, somehow.

Solvers make it easy to create animations in an incredible way and they told me it is currently impossible to use for GTA. As well as all GTA animations tutorials use the archaic way of animating: rotating bones.

This sounds interesting, could you show an example of such "solvers"???

Junior_Djjr

This sounds interesting, could you show an example of such "solvers"???

26:30

Is arguably the best for creating animations manually. Rotating bones to create animations is cave age thing.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

deltaCJ

Ah yes, but wouldn't you have to edit the animating hierarchy?

Junior_Djjr

Ah yes, but wouldn't you have to edit the animating hierarchy?

I don't know; I don't have 3DS Max to test such a function.
The idea of the solver came from a guy who does animations and we wanted to do some mods for GTA, but when he saw that it was not possible to use solvers, he totally discouraged.

Gmer

I am sorry for my late reply on your investigative comment for bugs, well in the meanwhile I tried older 3DS versions like 2014 you mentioned.

Turns out the trouble with normals remain, also it seems like certain materials are more affected, like custom vehicles with non-GTAMaterial looking surfaces.

I mean, for example materials that can only be matte. Like Beagle plane, its interior will be bright white that burns your eyes out when exported using your improved Kams, when exporting with old Kams it wont.

And the weird thing is for that example only happens with its interior. Because its an odd material/surface..