1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Extreme Lag

BADMAN500

Has anyone else been experiencing severe lag on the Xbox one recently? I'm talking really severe lag!?

I've noticed that since the yacht update, the game has felt less stable. This stability has got progressively worse and has culminated in me turning the game off tonight - due to the severe lag I, and others whom I play with, am experiencing. I was killing this crew of 3, almost 60 times each! And then had to turn the game off due to the lag! Its not on.

Before the responses blaming the internet. I have 100mbs internet speeds, am the only one online in my house, and don't have it on any other games. So its not that.

As I've said above, I've experience slight lag and game issues since the yacht update, and up until the most recent update the lag has been, although bad, bearable. Now, however, its completely ridiculous!

I believe that all these big updates (containing new coding) is conflicting with the old code in the game - thus causing errors and problems? I wonder if thats why the supposeded biker update has been delayed? to fix it? Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing massive lag?

Edited by BADMAN500

2013 • Rockstar servers are unavailable. Try again later.
2014 • Cannot connect to the Rockstar servers. Try again later.

2015 • Your session has timed out unexpectedly. Try again later.
2016 • Player left. Player left. Player left. Player left. You are alone in this session...

Lag is not really a new issue, but yes, I have noticed it more than normal.

Maybe 2017 will bring, "You've got lag. Try again later."

Who knows?

Edited by fw3

I had disgusting lag earlier, kept disconnecting too. Really annoying stuff.

I had disgusting lag earlier, kept disconnecting too. Really annoying stuff.

I wish I'd used the word "disgusting." lol!! :)

And to think R* has earned billions jsut to set up dedicated servers for NG and PC...

...when they're too focused on pointless 2x events and upcoming DLCs that's guaranteed to bring more of a chore than fun times.

For me, The lag doesnt starting hitting until about 7 or 8pm EST, I've noticed. But Last night I played until about 8, everything was going smooth. That was until I started a Fleeca, and had some dude with the Invisible chest join, then My whole rest of the night was just Lag City... Actually all of This past week where Ive hosted and joined 6 different Jobs, had at least one person with Invisible body parts join.

I wish a couple of my friends would get away from COD for a bit LOL and play GTA. I wouldnt have to rely on Randoms as much to play Heists. I would play Collect Crates, but those are boring for me for some reason. Maybe its because i have to spend money to make money just like in Heist, I'd rather spend none or very little money to make money.

2016 • Player left. Player left. Player left. Player left. You are alone in this session...

Who knows?

2017 - Want to hear a funny joke?...This server. Try again later.

I'm not having too many problems with lag, but I'm finding weird inconsistencies between my two characters. My main character constantly finds a room with 16+ players, but my female character finds herself on her own over and over again. I have switched between the two characters several times, even changing the aiming preference, and it's the same thing. Highly populated lobbies for one character, nobody for the other.

And I'm getting "disconnected from GTA online due to unknown error, returning to GTA V" more than ever before.

Edited by Jenkiiii

Yup, I've had terrible lag according to my crew mates. I thought it could be ping related, but we're not that far away from each other, and I also have 200Mb DS/US. Any other game works just fine.

The Battlefield beta reminded me what an online game is like when idiots aren't building it. So good, pity not really my kind of game but hell yes to dedicated servers, not this sh*t.

• Like 2

I just assume most lag is caused by the players with sh*t connection...

Like this guy in a jet...

http://xboxclips.com/Vooodu/da15fdf0-e454-45fb-9a58-d048568e605e

Just being around him.. cause issues. I think most player do it on purpose as the game tries to compensate for them causing lag for others.

Edited by .Vooodu.

The Battlefield beta reminded me what an online game is like when idiots aren't building it. So good, pity not really my kind of game but hell yes to dedicated servers, not this sh*t.

You are the first person I've heard say that. Me and my friends all had issues with that game, so I didn't even think they had dedicated servers. And my internet connection is good and I think my friends connection is good to

On topic I had some real lag I little while ago, but haven't had it lately. Did some races yesterday and one guy was allover the place, all of us saw it except him

Edit: lately players have been next to me on the mini map and a couple of seconds later they are several blocks away or halfway across the city

Edited by kenmy13999

I just assume most lag is caused by the players with sh*t connection...

Like this guy in a jet...

http://xboxclips.com/Vooodu/da15fdf0-e454-45fb-9a58-d048568e605e

Just being around him.. cause issues. I think most player do it on purpose as the game tries to compensate for them causing lag for others.

Not the past two days. I'm on fiber and alone in session and it's lagging every few seconds. I've not seen it this bad since last gen. Edited by TreFacTor

Ive seen more people doing glitches recently (clothes, walls, car duping etc) and i think this bugs the game right out causing into lag like mad. When ever im in a session and people are playing legit then 95% of the time ts lag free. Unless of course you got a group of people from outer mongolia or somewhere using cups on a string for their connection lol, then its bound to lag.

• Like 1

SaltyGTAFMember

Who knows?

2017 - Want to hear a funny joke?...PSN Try again later.

Who knows?

2017 - Want to hear a funny joke?...PSN Try again later.

lol, it's actually funny to see the different versions of it.

• Like 2

afriendlyreddot

Yeah, it sucks when you're trying to run away from a hydra and your character starts walking a frame per second -___-

For me, The lag doesnt starting hitting until about 7 or 8pm EST, I've noticed. But Last night I played until about 8, everything was going smooth. That was until I started a Fleeca, and had some dude with the Invisible chest join, then My whole rest of the night was just Lag City... Actually all of This past week where Ive hosted and joined 6 different Jobs, had at least one person with Invisible body parts join.

I wish a couple of my friends would get away from COD for a bit LOL and play GTA. I wouldnt have to rely on Randoms as much to play Heists. I would play Collect Crates, but those are boring for me for some reason. Maybe its because i have to spend money to make money just like in Heist, I'd rather spend none or very little money to make money.

That lag would have been probably caused by the glitched outfit. I know a few GCCC events where they won't allow glitched clothing to be worn during the playlist because of the lag it causes.

On ps4 I've not seen it any worse than in recent past, and I race quite a lot so it's something I'd notice. I'm not sure about others, but being a day one player the current state is bliss compared to 2014/2014.

Just thought I'd chime in here. I've experienced lag before, like cars popping up, players jumping all over the place and the delays in the game registering a kill etc. but recently it has become something else, and I'm not sure if it is a coincidence but i purchased a yacht last week and ever since then i get weird lag where the game briefly freezes and/or stutters every 30 seconds and their is an input delay. Fortunately, this seems to be a random occurrence and not something that plagues every session yet when it does happen can ruin game-play entirely and is something i have never experienced before. Then i visit the forums, subreddits and other various boards and see that i am seemingly not alone in experiencing this. I hope GTA isn't becoming overloaded.

As a side note, lately i have also noticed EXTREME fog, and i don't mean the usual fog, I am talking like, Silent Hill levels. Could be a coincidence, but i have never experienced either of these two thing before the past week.

This extreme lag is going on right now and it's ridiculous. When was the last time the servers received some serious maintenance? Any code junkies in here know how much space is left in GTA Online's memory?? I really do think Online has surpassed the threshold for optimum performance. Every new DLC after heists seems like it puts a strain on the game's stability. It's practically unplayable right now.