4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Star Trek Online

AlienTwo

f59263b5557ce4f9ff418a566ab2b6fc14698134

Star Trek Online Free-to-Play boasts extraordinary features and lets Star Trek fans both new and old experience unparalleled adventures. Players have the opportunity to become high-ranking Starfleet officers and participate in missions that take them into the depths of space and across exotic planets.

In Star Trek Online, the Star Trek universe appears for the first time on a truly massive scale. Begin your career as a Captain fresh out of Starfleet Academy and explore the stars, or aspire to become a Klingon Warlord and expand the Empire to the reaches of the galaxy. Visit iconic locations from the TV series and movies or reach out to unexplored star systems and make contact with new alien species. With Episode Missions, every moment you're playing Star Trek Online will feel like you're living a moment of a new Star Trek episode in which you're the star. Immerse yourself in the future of the Trek universe as it moves into the 25th century: a time of shifting alliances and new discoveries.

Formerly a PC only game, several upgrades have been made to Star Trek Online in preparation for the game’s launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. A full list of features includes:

· New Control Scheme – Controls for the full-scale 92-key keyboard MMORPG have been condensed into a 16-button controller, while retaining the speed and fun of the original PC version.

· Updated Lighting and Graphics - Modern lighting technologies have been incorporated to improve the overall visual quality of the game, bringing Star Trek Online fully into the latest generation consoles. These changes will eventually be incorporated into the PC version as well. · Improved UI – Star Trek Online’ s console UI has been updated for easy access to skills, inventory and more features at a glance.

Star Trek Online launched for consoles on September 6th, 2016, a day before the 50th Anniversary of the Star Trek franchise. And thus I was, for the second time, thrust in the Captain's chair and began my own mission to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations. To Boldy Go.

Here is my current ship, the Akira Class starship, the U.S.S. Little Crow, on her shakedown cruise around sector 0.0.1 before I headed off to Nimbus III, the "Planet of Galactic Peace." Btw, Nimbus is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. You must be cautious. And leave A.S.A.P.

PS_Messages_20160911_140051_zpsnj9clsub.

Who else is with me on this grand journey of a million or more light-years? I can't be alone in the quadrant...

b0ed047d-3923-44d2-a912-aebc14f526f8_zps

• Like 7

Good lord, just had my feed infiltrated with this.... get your STO Ships 3d printed. I want, but I bet it costs an arm and a leg;

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/star-trek-online/news/detail/10142383-new-shipyards-are-coming-online

ed5a731e12abaf4b2b4abb14114c771e14726994

Edited by AlienTwo

I just started on this weekend I have 2 characters created so far my 1st is from Starfleet level 6 lol I also started a second from romulan level 4 its amazing starting from different stories.

Oooh, do tell about the Romulans! I played this for 2 months when it first came out in 2010(I'm just not a PC gamer, so I eventually gave up), I started both a Klingon and a Human, so I'm familiar with the Klingon beginnings, but back then there was no playable Romulan faction... I'd love to hear how it compares.

I used to love it but I haven't played in a year or two. I'll install it right now to see how much has changed.

Edited by The Yokel

Playable Romulans came out after I drifted away (...and then couldn't get back into it, because the new download client refused to work on my PC :facedesk: ) - although I did pick up a couple of Reman defectors as limited-time mission rewards for some of the early Episode missions.

I do like the authentic 'Balance of Terror'-style Romulan outfits - kinda makes me want to try playing as a bunch of eccentric anachronistic types, who are to the Romulans what the Byzantine Empire was to Rome, just to make use of them (and yeah, because I always did prefer Romulans who were visually-identical to Vulcans, and had that much more martial, Roman-esque aspect to them).

...and those 3D-printed ships are darn tempting! Even just the option to get a regular Trek ship like a Defiant or Luna with a custom name and registry would be pretty spiffy - particularly for folks like me who are too cack-handed to attempt painting a regular model kit...

...and those 3D-printed ships are darn tempting! Even just the option to get a regular Trek ship like a Defiant or Luna with a custom name and registry would be pretty spiffy - particularly for folks like me who are too cack-handed to attempt painting a regular model kit...

My thoughts exactly.... I bought a 200$ light up Sovereign, swapped the batteries for a plug and fell asleep the first night, burning out all the lights. Now I want an Akira, my beaut from STO.

I used to love it but I haven't played in a year or two though. I'll install it right now to see how much has changed.

It's free. It'd be a crime NOT to at least try it.

I know it's free. I have a very high level Vulkan character. But I never leveled up completely. I'm installing it now. It will be nice to see my old squad again.

Edited by The Yokel

Unfortunately they don't let you link your old characters. I had a level 42 from waaaay back when. Now I'm a 27.

Unfortunately they don't let you link your old characters. I had a level 42 from waaaay back when. Now I'm a 27.

I'm on PC. Why would my character be gone?

I guess I assumed you were going to download on a console.

Ha! Just found an old recruitment poster I made up for my old fleet;

StarfleetSurvival.png

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly.... I bought a 200$ light up Sovereign, swapped the batteries for a plug and fell asleep the first night, burning out all the lights. Now I want an Akira, my beaut from STO.

Heh - if I got a model of one of my original PC STO ships, I'd be in a bind just trying to figure out which ships to fork out for! :pp Had three characters (2 UFP, 1 KDF), with a whole bunch of ships each - NX, Miranda, Nova, Luna, Nebula, Prometheus, Constitution, Excelsior, Defiant, etc.

On that note, I'm unsure whether to try to do a 'definitive' character that takes all the best things from my older characters, such as ship types/names (now with more appropriate registries! ;) ), or just start from scratch and try to avoid doing the same things as last time(s!). Thinking the former, just because I really have a hankering to go full DS9 and get a Defiant again (best custom interior in the game, for one thing!)...

I love going to these awesome set peices. Recently visited DS9, and damn, the station looks awesome. Better even than on the show as that's just SD!

Downloaded it Tuesday night while I slept, and have been playing since Wednesday. Finally made Captain after playing way too long with a buddy yesterday. Got a Defiant class ship and had some fun before shutting it down. Need to get where I can train my bridge officers, but it looks like I can't even get the manuals I need for that until I'm level 50. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On board the U.S.S. Insurgent

3CFD3B4D-153B-4CE9-9C91-07C05CE2D024.jpg

EA9828AF-B017-4785-AAA0-DF5F8F3A7372.jpg

Edited by bigraj

I love going to these awesome set peices. Recently visited DS9, and damn, the station looks awesome. Better even than on the show as that's just SD!

The memorial at Wolf 359 is a nice touch.

Oh, I need to check that out. I went to Cardassia yesterday and was disappointed I couldn't beam down...

More info on those cool ship models, looks like around a 99$ price point...

http://www.blastr.com/2016-9-12/command-mini-armada-these-striking-star-trek-spaceship-models

Oh, I need to check that out. I went to Cardassia yesterday and was disappointed I couldn't beam down...

More info on those cool ship models, looks like around a 99$ price point...

http://www.blastr.com/2016-9-12/command-mini-armada-these-striking-star-trek-spaceship-models

Those look great, but I wish they were in scale with each other.

Indeed, but they are a perfect 8". ;)

I've downloaded it. But don't feel like playing it yet. I'm at that stage where I play only a few games or can't be arsed playing games but watch YouTube gaming videos instead. Currently switching between Elite Dangerous and GTA Online. I hate being a casual.

Not sure if this is the case for Xbox, but on the PS4 the "Romulan Mystery" mission "Diplomacy," where you go to meet Empress Sela, is bugged. It just force quits, then I couldn't log back in. But just wait 10 minutes before trying to log in, drop and skip the mission. It's the only option right now...

Not sure if this is the case for Xbox, but on the PS4 the "Romulan Mystery" mission "Diplomacy," where you go to meet Empress Sela, is bugged. It just force quits, then I couldn't log back in. But just wait 10 minutes before trying to log in, drop and skip the mission. It's the only option right now...

Yeah, I ran into that on Sunday. Took several restarts of the game before it finally spawned me outside of the system the mission takes place in so that I could skip it.

I think it's a time issue, it was happening to me and I was freaking out thinking I lost my account. But after a liberating poop on the space john, it plopped me outside and I skipped it.

Then I had to fight a D'Deridex class warbird, damn those are tough ships.

1366830075506.jpg

I like this game. It isnt like wow which I have played for many years earlier, but its doable on ps4. Also, without knowing endgame content, it isnt as timetaking as wow is right now at least. Just level 38 tho.

When you get the first part of that diplomacy quests "Empress Sela" just skip right away, it will pop up as an option everytime you get a new quest in the romulan quest line but just be careful to drop it or not take it when it shows up.

Edited by FrikkenZz

Indeed, I hope there is a lot of fun endgame stuff, at this rate we'll all be there in a week or so.

Davo the Assassin

Used to play. This post has encouraged me to redownload my old account.

God I love Star Trek.

Part of me wants to download this again for ps4 and start again gotta get my defiant ship again that one is a pure attack ship!

Haven't done many missions in the last couple of days. Been too busy doing the "Deep Space Encounters" and having a lot of fun. Even leveled up a few times. Up to lvl 36 after fighting the Borg last night. Most fun one of those fights so far has been against the Terran fleet from the Mirror Universe. Felt a little wrong firing on vessels that look so much like Starfleet ships, but I got over that pretty quickly. Did a couple of races on GTA (1st and 3rd place), then got the urge to get back in the captain's chair. STO is just must more fun right now.

Edited by bigraj

Part of me wants to download this again for ps4 and start again gotta get my defiant ship again that one is a pure attack ship!

I just got mine 2 night ago, but I love the Akira class so much I haven't even taken her out of space dock once!

Haven't done many missions in the last couple of days. Been too busy doing the "Deep Space Encounters" and having a lot of fun. Even leveled up a few times. Up to lvl 36 after fighting the Borg last night. Most fun one of those fights so far has been against the Terran fleet from the Mirror Universe. Felt a little wrong firing on vessels that look so much like Starfleet ships, but I got over that pretty quickly. Did a couple of races on GTA (1st and 3rd place), then got the urge to get back in the captain's chair. STO is just must more fun right now.

Wow, I forgot about those. Where do you find the deep space encounters?

Well sh*t. I actually don't have my old character anymore. I didn't play the game since they migrated it from Cryptic to Arc and now I can't get it back. I don't really feel like starting a new character now. I had a beautiful Voyager class cruise ship and a ton of Refind Dilithium among other stuff. And my crew. My damn crew is gone. I can't be arsed to play for dozens of hours now to get to where I used to be. Not now at least.

Wow, I forgot about those. Where do you find the deep space encounters?

They pop up randomly all over the map, sometimes disappearing before you get there. Look like a red gash in space as you're flying.