Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,008 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

err5

'Sayonara Salvatore' curiosities.

err5

uIxxHa6.png

Hello there, Ladies and Gentlemen. I hope everyone reading this thread knows the game's plot as this thread contains spoilers. Leave it if necessary.

I've seen people beating the mission mentioned in the title with several techniques: sniping Salvatore from a rooftop, from the street or throwing explosives to the back door of the club. These are all I've managed to observe. Obviously I couldn't let an opportunity to try something new just pass. So my initial idea was to cause such an accident I wouldn't be blamed for the Don's death. I stole a Coach, tried to position it in such a way the drivers would fall down to the sea, drowning themselves. Turned out to be too hard to realize, so I blocked the garage with the Coach to see, what would happen. No moving thing could get inside.
I managed to wreck the cars enough to make everyone exit, killed the Mafia members, but left Sal alive. Apparently there was a M16 in the car Salvatore got in, just in case of something bad happening. Now, about this car, it
the 'aggressive driver' property is applied to it after Sal gets in - the driver has no importance whatsoever, the car can even drive on its own !
I just wanted to talk to Salvatore to explain that I'm innocent and don't want any bad to him. But it just couldn't be done. He wanted to turn me into Swiss cheese no matter what.

It's possible to get close to him to make him target me without firing - this is as far I could get away from that face-to-face position.
AJEuddX.png

When I was behind an obstacle, such as the mansion, Sal was shouting taunting texts. The interesting thing is that they aren't just some randoms said by pedestrians - they were recored exclusively for this by Salvatore's original voice actor ! I managed to count 6 texts:

You wanna come ?
Come on, hot shot.
Come on.
You dumb punk.
Let it go.
I wanna batter your being.

If there's a good soul who can and wants to inspect the audio files (or the script, perhaps ?) to see, whether these are all, please do so. Let's just hope this isn't a PS2 exclusive as most inspector tools are for PC version.

This car with a Mafia member as a passenger spawned twice here. Notice that it's positioned as if it was parked on a flat land. Every other Mafia Sentinel created exclusively for this mission has been destroyed before noticing this.
Z1uLBsT.png

As I returned there with my all-proof Cheetah, I learned that Salvatore steals the nearest vehicle and chases me if I flee far enough !
He accidently managed to hit a wandering Mafia member with his gunfire. That one took his revenge. So much for his loyalty to the family...
3X1TX5K.png
0kZAxKL.png
6K1WzCg.png

Salvatore didn't want to give up - my death was his greatest desire. This is an example that he can chase me anywhere. And you don't have to worry about his weapon, I can dodge bullets.
FRTvHXr.png
F2RGyPil.png

Feel free to suggest, what should I do with him next. Naturally no cheats and no mods were used.

Vanzant

Glad you found this on your own, but it's all been discovered by older members here before. :)

Inadequate

Whoa, very very cool find, also I didn't know that. Is awesome how detailed GTA III is.

PhillBellic

Glad you found this on your own, but it's all been discovered by older members here before. :)

I didn't know about this, and I'm an 'Older' Member.

Good find OP. :^:

ScottleeSV

If only I had the patience for this stuff.

I've only ever sniped him from the top of the building, and I enjoy that moment so much I can't imagine using any alternate strategies in future plays . I think I sniped him from street level once (from the Pay n Spray direction), but that's about as close as I've come to 'mixing it up'.

Nice research, mind.

gts.

Great find OP, I never thought this was possible.

I didn't know about this, and I'm an 'Older' Member.

Good find OP. :^:

I think you need to be more "older". :p
Anyway I didn't see this before, I don't know where are those "old discoveries" here, even on GameFAQs there is nothing related to this.

spaceeinstein

Sal's audio are already known at least by anyone who listened to the sound effects file. Other special characters that have unique dialogue are 8-Ball, Misty, and Catalina.

ermaccer

Maria has own voicepack iirc. At least shooting at her.

Voit Turyv

The art of disassembling software. :D

gts.

ftd4er3.png

Nothing was disassembled. He is playing on PS2 and yes you can disassemble a PS2 game too but this isn't the case. He's showing one of the alternative programmed behaviours for this mission on this game on a clean state and normal gameplay, so the game was not disassembled or mods, cheats, hex editing or hacks were used.

Helegad

Apparently a few of Sal's quotes were used in that alpha trailer, but you didn't list any of them. Interesting. There must be more.

PhillBellic

Nothing was disassembled. He is playing on PS2 and yes you can disassemble a PS2 game too but this isn't the case. He's showing one of the alternative programmed behaviours for this mission on this game on a clean state and normal gameplay, so the game was not disassembled or mods, cheats, hex editing or hacks were used.

Perhaps Shao was actually speaking about 'Decompiling' the Software.

Helegad

I can provide the SFX SDT/RAW files from the very first Australian release of the game (DeadDodo path over the city, "... and you can have this overused puta back", etc. version) if somebody knows how to decompile the PS2 SFX archives; I've tried three tools that work fine for the PC version but not the PS2 version.

Gummy 

Is there any videos of this or salvatore's speech lines?

gts.

Perhaps Shao was actually speaking about 'Decompiling' the Software.

I don't think so.

Apparently a few of Sal's quotes were used in that alpha trailer, but you didn't list any of them. Interesting. There must be more.

Can you share a link to the alpha trailer?

Sergiu

Mr.Kurowski

lol who have thought salvatore would do anything to shoot you down. this game's such awesome even after 15 years since it's release!

Doctor Dollars

I think it would be easier to just contact Frank Vincent (voice actor) and ask him about it.

Curtis

I think it would be easier to just contact Frank Vincent (voice actor) and ask him about it.

It's definitely easier to contact Frank Vincent.

Helegad

You're asking a man that old about singular lines he read off a script fifteen years ago? Good luck.

Doctor Dollars

I was waiting for an incredibly long download to finish and I decided to browse through the sfx.SDT and found some Salvatore dialogue that wasn't listed above and uploaded a

for them I also found some dialogue that I'm pretty sure was voiced by Lazlow. I was really just looking for the cartel quotes and I added a few I thought were great into the video. One thing I found out that I thought was interesting is some of the dialogue from Marty Chonks' victims is just standard ped audio but mixed with some sound effects.

Jeansowaty

I think that the second ped, he's the blue suited guy from Staunton, "B_MAN1". Nice work on finding out the Sal quotes :p

Doctor Dollars

Super late but I just found out Frank Vincent died last fall and remembered this thread RIP

Evil empire

Nice finding, I didn't know it at all and I bought this game 8 years and a half ago.

I killed Salvatore using a rocket launcher from the roof, I was disappointed the corpse remained entire.

Jack Lupino

Great research there haha.

I also used multiple techniques to kill Sal one of which involves killing all his bodyguards leaving him alone.

Then I get 4 star wanted level and one of the police enforcer squeezes him on the road to catch me.

Naroon

Never knew about the recorded dialogue taunts and that he could chase you. I always thought he'd only flee.

I did used to mix it up when killing him. You can duck into the theater entrance across the street and snipe him from there without being spotted.