1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Moving our yacht should be free

Adeel007

Really ridiculous how we have to pay $25,000 to move it then if we change server it spawns at the top of the map. I've tried server jumping like 20 times now and every single time it has spawned at the top of the map.

What is the point in paying $25,000 when the space we want might be full and it will move again if we change server.

My yacht still keeps spawning at the top even after 20 jumps

Yes, if they're asking 25K then it should at least remember it as your preferred position and move it there when it's available. I've never paid it out of principle.

SoDank_ItPainsMe

Adeel007 the type of nigga to spend 8 million on a yacht and complain about the costs of running it.

For real though, I think it costs to discourage abuse/using it as a teleport in free roam/CEO works/events.

Adeel007 the type of nigga to spend 8 million on a yacht and complain about the costs of running it.

For real though, I think it costs to discourage abuse/using it as a teleport in free roam/CEO works/events.

^ pretty much this. :)

/B!tch & Moan material.

Edited by fw3

If you paid 8 million for a floating apartment then it might as well let you teleport around the map for free, it would've made its purchase more valuable to a lot of players.

Just play a Job at a Different locale and you'll spawn near that place and so will your Yacht. So yeah I don't really see the point in paying for a yacht move.

Well i agree it's silly to complain about the price of moving it after spending so much on a boat.

I don't see how it could be abused. it would be just as inconvenient to go to yacht, enter, pick location, watch cutscene, load, exit yacht as it would be to just fly to where you need to go.

On another note... wait until OP sees how much it costs to change your organizations name. (I've made a costly mistake by forgetting a capital letter. Oops!)

Disable it for them then and have a lengthy cooldown for it and that'd cut that out.

I don't agree with the idea that if you can afford a yacht then you must obviously have unlimited money to waste on whatever. If you play the game as intended and don't glitch any money then it takes a lot of time and effort to get the money to buy a yacht. The only thing people have to say about it is a sort of douchey "if you have to ask the price..." sort of thing which isn't much better than nonsense.

• Like 3

SkynetOnlineID

My yacht remembers my preferred position and never changes. I know this because I have my spawn location set to my yacht for a long time now. If it can't load into that position it usually loads in on a spot next to it.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

The yacht is a total rip off.

8 million bucks for some sh*t you can't even customize on the inside with about 2000 square feet of useless detail. And then you can't even drive it or have it move because limitations or some sh*t. And then they have the nerve to charge you 25K every time you move it and then have it respawn at the top of the map.

Glad I never bought this piece of sh*t.

• Like 2

I'd be fine with the price if the damned Yacht stayed in the f*cking place you moved it to.

Just bought my yacht last night. I am loving it.

This whole thing about "If you can afford the yacht, you can afford to pay to move" is kind of BS. I mean, even if that was true, that's still kind of irrelevant - I mean, what does that have to do with whether or not you should be able to move for free?

It would be a bit like paying $100k every time you call the gold Luxor - "Well you could afford to buy it?" Just no. Big no. That's BS.

As for teleporting, we can already do that on the spot via invites.

I vote to free the yacht.

Okay but what's the difference between the Pisces and aquarius yacht.

Pisces comes with the Dhingy and Swift.

Has a more accessible, you can climp on top of the yacht where your helicopter spawns, you can go to the front on the top level.

Has the open roof closed.

Pisces is THE model if you compare the front roof windows with the windows when you're inside the bar.

Aquarius has the Toro as boat And SuperVolito as helicopter.

All in all the most expensive yacht is a downgrade in my opinion.

Pisces is also way better for Piracy Prevention.

• Like 2

That's not the cost of running it, we already pay like 1-2k an hour for maintenance and sh*t. That's 25k to squeeze out of players.

It wouldn't help in most ceo missions

Disabled in PP

Exec search one area

Haulage needs to move a truck

Airfreigght needs to move a truck

And besides if it did have some unfair advantage where in ceo work just disable it, it doesn't justify a 25k price tag.

Changing our organisation name should be free too.

Honestly, I don't understand why it isn't free, at first it only lasted four hours and there was no sign on the wall, I can kinda understand it now but then no and even now it's too expensive

The prices we pay for luxury eh.

On another note does anyone know what happens when you own a yacht and can't pay the bill?

Edited by Skycam

Bought a yacht six months ago, still waiting to see what was worth it.

Terrible purchase. Even the defenses are crap. I can switch them on and watch someone fly right overhead.

• Like 1

This has already been discussed before many times. If your yacht stayed in the same place, you would never find a full GTA: O server again, or you would have randoms using the same boat you are. If you don't want to pay 25k to move it, then don't move it? Some common sense goes a long way.

There was a week when moving the yacht was free. I moved it north of Chumash at that time, and it has never been moved from there since.

Shadowfennekin

If you paid 8 million for a floating apartment then it might as well let you teleport around the map for free, it would've made its purchase more valuable to a lot of players.

This. It's annoying have to pay to move cause the game wants to put it in a sh*tty spot.

• Like 1

I moved mine once and it's always where I left it - it's moored off the coast of Mount Gordo.

I keep it there because it's quiet and gives me another safehouse in the north, which is always a good thing. Protects me from the wildlings.

Winter is coming

jon_snow.jpg

KornbreadMaf1a

The only place I've ever had my yacht moved from is when it was set to spawn at Vespucci beach and every time it was moved it spawned at either LSIA or Pacific Bluffs and those are the two spawn points on the direct left and right so I don't think it spawns "at the top of the map" as often as players claim it to. Now that I don't have it set to spawn at Vespucci beach but I haven't had it moved now that I don't spawn there.

Rockstar probably figured if you're stupid enough to waste millions on a yacht, you're more likely to pay to move it!

I need to quit playing B.U. III and figure out what Missions up north are best to play. Every one of my Yachts (4) are always sitting near the Docks every time I spawn into a session.

A little bit of research will tell you how expensive it is to move a super yacht. Its certainly not free. They'll burn through over $2000 worth of fuel per hour.