Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,156 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

KingD19

Which City Do You Enjoy Most

KingD19

Right now not being in Los Santos everyday I enjoy liberty City (HD)Its So much to do bowling darts getting drunk with your friends or cousin roman driving down star junction looking at all the scenery going to different parts of the city seeing each part have their own style or fashion or the way they act its always something to do in LC going to see Katt Williams at a comedy club its just so much to do

Edited by KingD19

Femme Fatale

Libert City(HD era), I love how closely it resembles NYC...

The7thOne

Liberty City. It has everything anyone would need from a video game depiction of NYC, and is incredibly diverse.

Sweet Bellic

Liberty City ofc but Vice City is close 2nd.

Hodgey.

Vice City, hands down.

Pastry

HD era LC. It's ridiculous how accurate it is to the real thing and the vibe it gives off.

Algonquin Assassin

HD Liberty City/Alderney (Of course). IMO it's the best representation of NYC in a video game and hasn't been surpassed since.

Next would be Vice City. I know the map's always got a lot of sh*t from people, but It's still my favourite from the 3D era. I don't know it just feels "warm and cosy".

Osho

Oh man, such an easy question to answer.

Its obviously Vice city and San Andreas ( entire state ). These are the only two games which feature cities that I can "enjoy" the most without getting bored, seconds after starting the game.

DERGaming

I enjoyed Liberity city and Vice city the most great cities in the GTA universe

--Vega--

San Andreas (3D 'Version'). Probably the best open free environment ever in a video game. The whole vibe the game gives off is complete freedom and expansion, which sets it right at the top for me.

Second would be VCS' Vice City, though being a PSP-port with glitches and sometimes low traffic/peds can kind of hurt the vibe.

Third, probably V's Los Santos. The lack of enterable buildings and general 'rushed' feeling the game gives off hurts the vibe.

eCola

HD Liberty City and Alderney, hands down. It feels alive at any time of the day.

3D San Andreas would be second on my list. It's a big enough map.

Brian Grey

I like Liberty City (Both 3D/HD) even though they are both different maps its always had a darker vibe, even darker in HD definitely Broker and Bohan

Efreet

IV's Liberty City is what I enjoyed the most. The least goes for V's Los Santos. The latter, despite running on R*'s most recent graphics engine, lacked a soul and an identity that can make it stand out from the rest. The story that we went through and the characters that we met don't help either, but rather they make the city an even duller place to live in and explore.

PhillBellic

Alderney City. It's the place I call Home.

Osho

For me, Vs Los Santos is a massive improvement in many ways ( and a great map to have fun ) over IVs Liberty city, only let down by bringing to the previous console generation that just couldn't work for the ambitious game like GTA V for reaching far greater heights without any downgrades.

Liberty city was lucky to not feature a bigger map nor packed with more content, thus allowing more detailed rendition of the city, even though it still featured many copy pasted and poorly designed interiors, not much interactivity within the game world and pretty much nothing interesting in terms of things to do.

The graphics look horribly dated.

Los Santos is absolutely a stunner!! It still packs a punch over LC in terms of many interesting areas to explore, variety into the pedestrians on streets, random shootouts, and a much more believable urban environment and it's surrounding areas instead of copy/pasting three islands that look no different in Liberty City.

Whatever it lacks, the mods have a fix and the final result after modding simply leaves me shocked ( in a wonderful way ) at times.

Los Santos is just brilliant and best experienced on PC because its a pity that it didn't get as lucky nor any particular advantage as Liberty City did.

universetwisters

Ludendorff by far.

SeroH

I enjoy Liberty City, both 3D and HD universe.

Skayz

Vice City absolutely!

KingD19

Vice City absolutely!

vice city for me to mainly because of the nostalgic feeling you get

The Rockstar Gamer 108

In my opinion, Vice City (3D Era) and Liberty City (HD Era) are the best.

Vice city is unique coz of its Neon Lightings and green atmosphere while Liberty City is known for its diversity of land and people.

Gettin up

Los Santos

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

LC 3d era

Edited by CoolMods

Keano

In the HD Era, Liberty City. Nothing against Los Santos, just a mark for New York.

In the 3D Universe, well I honestly can't decide because of how special every map was. GTA III Liberty City holds a special place because of it being my first title all those years ago. It's dark, gritty and sometimes due to everyone wanting to kill you: Manhunt levels of tense. Then there's days when the in game weather is sunny with the right song playing on the radio and you don't think things could be any better.

And then there's Vice City and San Andreas. Vice City has the Malibu Club, North Point Mall and Washington Beach which is simply breathtaking. San Andreas had not one but 3 different cities each having it's own identity and reason for being so good. Grove Street, Las Venturas Strip, and the highway leading up to San Fierro after driving what seemed like forever from Los Santos is just an awesome experience.

gtafaninwest

Las Venturas and Fort Carson

DeathMachine15

I love the 3d era liberty city as the bleak and industrial atmosphere was very strong. Even more so than the hd era version, although it was also very dark and immersive.

Hmmm nice bike

Honestly, for me, it's a tough pick between Vice City, the 3D-era Liberty City and the HD-era Liberty City.

Vice City had a sunny, warm 80s vibe to it, and I always thought that it both looked and felt amazing during any time of the day or weather event. Blue skies and a bright sun in the daytime, neon at night, the storms turning everything grey temporarily. I do think the city could have been a little bigger, and I feel like the beach was WAY too big, but it was overall an amazing city nonetheless. They really captured the Scarface and Miami Vice styles, and I feel like the overall bright nature of the game reflected the "working your way up" style of the story and the optimism of making more money and controlling more properties and businesses.

The 3D-era Liberty City captured a very dark, gritty and dreary atmosphere very well. Even when it was sunny, everything still maintained a darkness to it (offset by much of the cheerful pop music on the radio), and like VC's sunny setting, 3D LC's almost-depressing setting felt like the right place for the events of the story to take place.

HD-era Liberty City is probably one of the few cities in an open-world game that actually feels 'alive.' Each neighborhood had its own distinct feel to it, some were gritty and some were the polar opposite (much like any real life major metropolitan area), and there were even different types of pedestrians for these areas. The city also managed to feel different between each protagonist in IV and EFLC. When you're playing as Niko and you first arrive in Hove Beach, you actually feel like an immigrant in a strange new place. From Johnny's point of view in Alderney, the setting is darker, grungier and generally depressing. And from Luis' point of view, things are brighter, more colorful, and reflect the nightlife in the city and how BOGT's story is in general.

jaljax

Vice City (3D Era)

Liberty City (3D & HD)