3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Apple's September 7th event; iPhone 7.

Not A Nice Person

What strikes me as really funny is how they removed the jack, but they still do give you an adapter. If they truly believed people don't need the jack, they wouldn't be bundling the adapter. Similarly, if they claim that removing the jack saves some space in the phone, that's rendered moot since the adapter takes up even more extra space.

And if someone uses some quality headphones, of course they won't give them up just like that, thus forcing those people to use the adapter all the time, which is massively inconvenient and creates a risk to the lighting connector both in the phone and in the adapter.

Speaking of quality, iPhones always had pretty decent sound quality of their headphones output. Since the lightning connector is digital only, that means the adapter contains an extra D/A converter and amplifier. It remains to be seen whether it's any good. There already are a lot of crappy lightning > 3.5mm adapters on the market.

Edited by RogerWho
  • Like 2

inb4 people use knockoff lightning adapters/chargers and murk the u2 ic chip

• Like 1

Seriously, I'm losing my faith in Apple. They had a great core competency to know what the market wanted before the market even knew what it wanted. Ever since Jobs' passing, the fears of losing him as an organizational visionary are starting to become more and more evident over time.

Personally, i wouldn't be really affected by this. I rarely use the audio jack anyway. For my car, there's bluetooth. The only time i use headphones is on planes.

For longer trips like trains, flights or in a car, i guess the adapter is ok, for shorter trips wireless headphones would be sufficient and the battery life would last a few days without charging.

Apple has a very special place. They're willing to scrap backwards compatibility and at the same time, are big enough to have an impact with the act, so i'm quite interested about how we'll look on the the iPhone7 in a few years in retroperspective.

still using the iphone 4 and that is cuz it was a business gift to my company a couple years ago..

such a bad experience with it, i wouldnt see myself using any of apple products let alone spend money on one.

it was free, and it does make phone calls so ill keep it until it stops working...

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

still using the iphone 4 and that is cuz it was a business gift to my company a couple years ago..

such a bad experience with it, i wouldnt see myself using any of apple products let alone spend money on one.

it was free, and it does make phone calls so ill keep it until it stops working...

Wells that's because it's an iPhone 4, what do you expect? Especially if you keep updating the iOS, it's just gonna get worse.

• Like 1

I am by no means a fanboy of any of these greedy ass companies but I thought Samsung was bad for removing the battery and SD card on the Galaxy S6. That's nothing compared to this sh*t.

You're paying more for basically the same sh*t that scratches easier, has a stupid waterproof feature that I couldn't care less about and sacrifices the headphone jack just to be skinnier. f*ck logic right? Let's get rid of one of the most important features so this piece of sh*t can slip out of your hands easier AND break easier. Yup. So we can make even more money when they have to buy a new one.

I'm glad I got a phone that I don't think I'll trade up til it breaks. The S7. Now we've got the Note 7 that burns down houses and the iPod phone that can't even use proper headphones. Pathetic. This industry is joke.

To be fair its only about 30 Note 7's that burned out of millions. No houses burnt.

The rest I agree with, I need waterproofing but after looking at the reviews the audio isn't improved much so what was a valid point of removal of the headphone jack, nothing...

Edited by Mion