1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How do I know if I am on a free aim lobby ?

GrungeNinja

I always play Free Aim, but sometimes I find myself fighting against some really "good ppl", I know they're not hackers because they dont behave like one, but their aim is kinda "too much" ? I know there are ppl out there really good with aiming, but Gtao is not like BF or CoD (blargh).

But the real question is, Can it be possible to play Free Aim on an Assisted/Auto Aim lobby ? or are they separated ? Sorry my ignorance on this matter ppl.

Edited by GrungeNinja

hmm....from what i heard from G , it may be because semi-auto aim preference ( i.e free-assisted on option ) also mixed up with free-aim sessions

though full aim in free aim session is only accessible by glitch or cheat device

Edited by Sky_Light12

They are separated. When you join a new session that uses a different targeting method, the game will prompt you and ask if you want to switch or join a new session.

Platform? It's easier to be good in freeaim at PC than with controller. Or is there auto-aim for pc? Or mouse for consoles?

Now i feel like a dumbass.

Platform? It's easier to be good in freeaim at PC than with controller. Or is there auto-aim for pc? Or mouse for consoles?

Now i feel like a dumbass.

You can get in assisted/auto aim lobbies on PC if you use a controller (f.e. a XBOX One/360). The game detects your input method. I bought one for racing. In the racing lobby screen, the input icon changes to controller once I press a button on the controller and changes back when I hit a key / press a mousebutton to mouse icon. When I use the controller to acess a new session through the pause menu I mostly land in assisted aim lobbies (less auto aim) and get dominated by controller-players because I use mouse/keys for moving - lol. If I enter pause menu with keyboard to switch session, I mostly enter a free aim lobby as its meant to be.

Edited by godtrams

hmm....from what i heard from G , it may be because semi-auto aim preference ( i.e free-assisted on option ) also mixed up with free-aim sessions

though full aim in free aim session is only accessible by glitch or cheat device

That's correct, in one of stupidest decisions Rockstar ever made free aim sessions are a mix of genuine free aim and free aim assisted. Anything more auto aim is in different sessions and you'll be prompted to change your aim type.

As far as I know the only way to tell if someone else is using free aim assisted is to run missions with them, they'll get slightly less RP then someone using actual free aim. If you want to check which aim type you're currently on it should show you in the options menu.

Aim at something. If it locks and stays locked, you're not in free aim.

• Like 2

You can see your aim settings in singleplayer under settings. If you set it to free aim and go to GTA Online, you'll end up in free aim lobbies.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

If most players in the lobby are above 100 and relatively keep to themselves.

Few weeks after CEO update, things weren't that rosey on PS4. It was a blissful heaven of co-operation for a week, a bit over, and after that a huge tidal wave of modded account-kill everything-explode all-type of players. Without bodies, their heads floating around. I need to actually check if free-aim has reverted back to it's former peaceful existence.

• Like 1

Sounds like bull shark spammers

free aim but on assisted aim

ceo menu

bull shark

kill kill kill

Easy Way Out

ceo menu

bull shark

kill kill kill

Easy Way Out

Rinse & Repeat

I always play Free Aim, but sometimes I find myself fighting against some really "good ppl", I know they're not hackers because they dont behave like one, but their aim is kinda "too much" ? I know there are ppl out there really good with aiming, but Gtao is not like BF or CoD (blargh).

But the real question is, Can it be possible to play Free Aim on an Assisted/Auto Aim lobby ? or are they separated ? Sorry my ignorance on this matter ppl.

hahha..

R* logic is this.

No you are NOT allowed to use Free aim in Auto aim lobbies.

But you are allowed to use Auto aim in Free Aim lobbies. ( Ya... that makes no f*ckin sense...)

The auto aim in free aim lobbies is called Free Aim assisted aim. It does not stay locked on. But you can press the lock on button really fast to compensate for its lack of staying locked on. So it works really well as auto aim.

Auto aim players have a tendency to want to get in auto aim range. Will always step up and spam lock on. And always tend to land the 1st shots while missing the rest, depending on how fast they spam lock on If you notice that, keep your distance and stay out of lock on range.

,,, Good luck. :D

Edited by .Vooodu.

Few weeks after CEO update, things weren't that rosey on PS4. It was a blissful heaven of co-operation for a week, a bit over, and after that a huge tidal wave of modded account-kill everything-explode all-type of players. Without bodies, their heads floating around. I need to actually check if free-aim has reverted back to it's former peaceful existence.

You're over exaggerating, there's never been an explode all on ps4, theres isn't even a glitch for that, they would need a mod menu, but since that doesn't exist yet..stop exaggerating.

FourFingersOfFun

You're over exaggerating, there's never been an explode all on ps4, theres isn't even a glitch for that, they would need a mod menu, but since that doesn't exist yet..stop exaggerating.He was talking about players with modded accounts that have tons of cash that just spam nothing but explosives in fights. Those are the "explode all" players.

Take out a gun

Aim

If it automatically aims at a pedestrian, you're in a Assisted Aim Lobby

If you aim directly ahead, you're in a free aim lobby

You know if there's little to no people.

People have been saying this for nearly 4 years now...and i always wonder if these people suffer from sort of mental condition. Sort of like people who think the worlds flat.. just because some other person said it.. It must be true.

In my 4 years of playing. Im always in packed free aim lobbies. Infact i prefer less players in lobbies because too many players cause extreme amounts of lag. And the inclusion of auto aim in free aim has attracted even more players, but the WRONG kind of players.. And thats players looking to have an advantage over people who use free aim.

Im not saying i always end up in packed lobbies. But alls i have to do is join a new game and Im right into a packed one. Same thing happens in auto aim. I;ve ended up in EMPTY auto aim lobbies when looking for races, doesn't mean I always think its empty..

Edited by .Vooodu.

Free aim assist just need to die. Stupidest thing ever next to auto aim being a thing to begin with.

I dont suppose there are any anti free aim assist petitions out there?

Free aim assist just need to die. Stupidest thing ever next to auto aim being a thing to begin with.

I've got no problem with auto aim but assisted free aim can f*ck off.

PeasantGaming > U

derp derp derp aim at npc, if it doesn't lock on there's your answer.

You know you're in free aim if people are actually driving.

You know you're in free aim if you kill someone who came after you twice and they instantly leave for AA.

You know you're in free aim of you're in a full lobby and no on comes after you during executive search or piracy prevention.

You know you're in free aim when no one participates in the headshot event.

Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 2

PeasantGaming > U

You know you're in free aim if people are actually driving cars other than Armored Kurumas

*fixed

You know you're in free aim when people arent ewoing every chance they get and spamming rpgs with bulletproof helmets on using bst.

Also the quality of most players in general is just better. Skill and attitude.

You know you're in free aim when people arent ewoing every chance they get and spamming rpgs with bulletproof helmets on using bst.

Also the quality of most players in general is just better. Skill and attitude.

I have to disagree with that.

I see this constantly in free aim... People are pussies, they will do what ever it takes.

Infact theres people in free aim who are only there because of Free Aim Assisted aim. And use that auto aim. in hopes that the people they attack are using pure free aim.

Ya.. there was a HUGE petition back when it 1st came to next gen to fix and remove that crap.

R* didn't give a sh*t.

PeasantGaming > U

I really do plan on doing 100% free aim and FPV for all my online and sp play on ps4. This assisted aim with free aim makes me rethink that idea however. Like, what's the point now?

I really do plan on doing 100% free aim and FPV for all my online and sp play on ps4. This assisted aim with free aim makes me rethink that idea however. Like, what's the point now?

There's no denying it, assisted mixed with free aim is a sh*tty situation. However it's not a deal breaker if you want to use free aim, I don't use assisted and neither do any of my friends apart from the odd one maybe.

I guess if you're in a PVP battle that you're not enjoying because you suspect they're locking on then you can just stick passive on and move on.