1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What is your opinion on GTA Online?

deltaCJ

I have been playing GTA Online lately, and EVERY lobby I've played with was either, a modder, or some 5 billion dollar prick who bought tanks and sh*t and blew me up every where I went.

GTA IV had multiplayer, and no one modded that sh*t. They made multiplayer maps instead!

I feel GTA Online was a disappointment coming from the ridiculous OP sh*t you can get with money.

You can literally never die if you buy a tank and just go through the streets ramming people with it.

I used to like GTA Online, but ever since 2014 it's been ass, and I have moved back to GTA IV and RenderWare Era.

What do you think about GTA Online, and it's current state?

You can literally never die if you buy a tank

You couldn't be more wrong.

some make me ui, some make me ai

but in the end we all gonna die

:lol:

Not From my experiences.

• Like 1

You can literally never die if you buy a tank and just go through the streets ramming people with it.

You think?

Anyway, my thoughts are that it needs dedicated servers, more helicopters and clothes, better matchmaking, nightclubs, and throw in some heists for the HeistsActivist guy. A map expansion would be nice too.

DarksunDaFirst

I have been playing GTA Online lately, and EVERY lobby I've played with was either, a modder, or some 5 billion dollar prick who bought tanks and sh*t and blew me up every where I went.

GTA IV had multiplayer, and no one modded that sh*t. They made multiplayer maps instead!

I feel GTA Online was a disappointment coming from the ridiculous OP sh*t you can get with money.

I used to like GTA Online, but ever since 2014 it's been ass, and I have moved back to GTA IV and RenderWare Era.

A tank? Pffhhh. A couple of stickies placed on a stolen car and then going off radar can make quick work of that tank. I personally though bring out the Savage and unleash a salvo of rockets on them. Costs me the same to bring that out as it does for them to bring out the tank.

No, the real issue is the Hydra.

Some modded account users are cool, usually just playing the game with everything unlocked. Most though like to use their limitless resources to disrupt people who are legitimately trying to play the game as it's intended to be played right now in Free Roam (which is CEO/VIP and Events to acquire money in a competitive setting).

I don't think it's ass, and I do believe for the most part it is better than what it was before. It was a lot easier to mod and glitch back on the PS3/X360, harder to do so on PS4. And it's real easy to change lobbies. (btw, I'm referencing the PS4/XB1 versions, as the current model of GTA Online is truly setup for that hardware). Invincibility glitches used to be rampant, but now the biggest thing is either people with modded accounts spamming Hydras or people trying to use the floating head clothing.

Both of those things, for the most part, I can handle. I snipe people just fine with just their head showing (which is funny because the other night, I was accused of having an Aimbot because I was sniping a floating head so well and I'm all like "I can see your head and that's all I need). As for the Hydra spammers, once I can get them out of the sky, I just usually fly between the usual spawn points for the Hydra and blow it up before they can get to it.

It is really split between the people who use modded account to play maliciously, and those who just play to have everything. In the latter, those guys should just go to private lobbies to play if they want to do that. For the former, they're assholes who need to be f*cked by a big dick (I enjoy being that dick).

• Like 2

Decent game

Scummy community

Inconsistent

Features abandoned as soon as they're released

If rockstar took about a month or two to patch glitches and change features and update old ones the game would be absolutely f*cking amazing.

• Like 14

A tank? Pffhhh. A couple of stickies placed on a stolen car and then going off radar can make quick work of that tank. I personally though bring out the Savage and unleash a salvo of rockets on them. Costs me the same to bring that out as it does for them to bring out the tank.

No, the real issue is the Hydra.

Some modded account users are cool, usually just playing the game with everything unlocked. Most though like to use their limitless resources to disrupt people who are legitimately trying to play the game as it's intended to be played right now in Free Roam (which is CEO/VIP and Events to acquire money in a competitive setting).

I don't think it's ass, and I do believe for the most part it is better than what it was before. It was a lot easier to mod and glitch back on the PS3/X360, harder to do so on PS4. And it's real easy to change lobbies. (btw, I'm referencing the PS4/XB1 versions, as the current model of GTA Online is truly setup for that hardware). Invincibility glitches used to be rampant, but now the biggest thing is either people with modded accounts spamming Hydras or people trying to use the floating head clothing.

Both of those things, for the most part, I can handle. I snipe people just fine with just their head showing (which is funny because the other night, I was accused of having an Aimbot because I was sniping a floating head so well and I'm all like "I can see your head and that's all I need). As for the Hydra spammers, once I can get them out of the sky, I just usually fly between the usual spawn points for the Hydra and blow it up before they can get to it.

It is really split between the people who use modded account to play maliciously, and those who just play to have everything. In the latter, those guys should just go to private lobbies to play if they want to do that. For the former, they're assholes who need to be f*cked by a big dick (I enjoy being that dick).

I would like to play online in a public lobbie, if I'm alone.

If i am playing with friends I'd go to a private lobby, of course, but I'm playing alone, and like you said Hydra's are a problem.

But let me remind you when a person with only 200,000 dollars, can't f*cking blow that asshole prick in the Rhino so easily.

I tried everything.

From getting a hydra,

To even getting the buzzard,

I just wish GTA Online had SOME constraints.

(BTW New Clothes would be nice :p)

GTA Online has its flaws, but is still a great game. At its core, it's addicting, and the level of support it's received for almost 3 years is unmatched by a lot of other games like it.

Sure, there's cheaters, but we still get free DLC, and as long as it continues to receive support, then Online will continue to be good. The problem is Rockstar desperately needs to tackle the cheating problem. We still don't have a fully-working anti-cheat, and all previous methods have failed and succumbed to cheaters.

Also - connectivity. This is arguably the biggest issue with Online, next to cheating. We haven't received a major framework upgrade at all, and there is no dedicated server support.

All of its problems aside however, I still keep coming back. I have thousands of hours logged and I can safely say it's the best multiplayer experience I've had.

• Like 3

DarksunDaFirst

-snip-

I would like to play online in a public lobbie, if I'm alone.

If i am playing with friends I'd go to a private lobby, of course, but I'm playing alone, and like you said Hydra's are a problem.

But let me remind you when a person with only 200,000 dollars, can't f*cking blow that asshole prick in the Rhino so easily.

I tried everything.

From getting a hydra,

To even getting the buzzard,

I just wish GTA Online had SOME constraints.

(BTW New Clothes would be nice :p)

Hydra's are a problem for everybody, but they're not as prevalent as the OP Rhino was a couple years ago. I can afford one and I still don't have one (I'm waiting for next DLC to drop or if I can accumulate a $10mil bankroll, whichever comes first...so maybe 2 weeks for me).

Well, you can always go into passive mode and run away. I do that sometimes when I'm overwhelmed (and I run as a CEO most times, so I have to Retire, then go Passive...only about a minute later do I Re-register as a CEO again). If someone calls me a wimp for doing so I simply reply "You obviously want to play that way, I don't." It's really that simple and no shame in it. It's your game too, and if you don't want to play with someone, you have the option to get away from them. Even more so than a person who runs as a VIP/CEO because you can now Ghost yourself to a particular player without going passive after dieing 3 times.

As I said, if you have access to Lester's Off Radar option, throw a couple stickies on a stolen car, drive up behind the tank with them on the hood, and detonate. You kill yourself but you eliminate the Tank. If someone is being a dick in a tank, they wouldn't be against suicide typically either...because they would be the type of person who commits suicide anytime they take damage, to avoid taking an official death.

I hear what you're saying about money. Everybody has been there. If you're on PS4 between 9P-12AM, if you want someone to roll with in a public lobby, send me a message. We'll roll a heist or two, raise that account a bit, and you can get some better stuff. Buy an armored car, you'll be able to take a tank hit and get away. (200k, you're not far off from getting one)

Edited by DarksunDaFirst
  • Like 2

It's the biggest mixed bag when it comes to multiplayer games, and it's because of the lousy community and Rockstar's weird decisions and terrible support site.

SkynetOnlineID

The tank has been seriously nerfed now for awhile. Since you haven't really played GTA online after 2014. The only way to make the tank indestructible is with mods.

In my opinion, most of the clothing in GTAO is pretty decent looking. Just wish we have more options to accessories or more clothing options. Also, for public lobby.. Yea not sure if I enjoy getting sniped for no reason.

• Like 1

It's a fantastic game, however it's beginning to feel a bit stale and I would like the opportunity to become someone else in this game other than a criminal.

I'm not saying I want to be a fully fledged cop, but a vigilante update or similar would be well recived.

• Like 2

After several years, it's still the game I play the most. Yeah, there are lots of sh*theads out there, but I manage to have fun despite them. Thanks to all the Shark card buyers, I get plenty of free content several times a year to hold my interest, and bring me back when I stray for a bit. I don't know what I'll do with my other games once the Skyrim remaster gets released, as all my time will be split between it and GTAO.

• Like 2

OfficialTwiggz

After several years, it's still the game I play the most. Yeah, there are lots of sh*theads out there, but I manage to have fun despite them. Thanks to all the Shark card buyers, I get plenty of free content several times a year to hold my interest, and bring me back when I stray for a bit. I don't know what I'll do with my other games once the Skyrim remaster gets released, as all my time will be split between it and GTAO.

Basically this. Mafia III will hold my attention for a bit, also (lol) watch dogs 2 looks promising (lol again) and of course Skyrim.

I love my GTA but there needs to be more of an option, a more (free roam mode) if you will.

• Like 1

For the tank you can just send a mugger. Laughs guaranteed

Main problem is the community in my opinion. I'm not saying everyone out there is a dumbass, but a large part of it consists of prepubescents kids that only complain about the game and other players

I play on Xbox One, so basically whenever R* adds something to the game there's a public message on the Xbox One wall (sort of like Facebook). I swear that 90% of the comments are "fix ur game", "I have no money" or "game's dead"

As I said in other topics, GTA:O is a great game, even with its flaws, but it seems like it's easier for people to focus on its bad sides

Oh, another problem: chromed cars

GTA IV had multiplayer, and no one modded that sh*t.

this line make me doubt you actually played IV multiplayer

modding, godmode, spontaneous combustion just to name a few, were the reasons why i retired from IV multiplayer in august 2012.

• Like 2

Short answer, nothing really exciting going on there anyway.

I don't know what I'll do with my other games once the Skyrim remaster gets released, as all my time will be split between it and GTAO.

lol, I'm more concerned about my mods if they ever will work again, because last time i heard it will be separate(64bit) which is good, but still.

Edited by GrizzJack

Theres nothing wrong with the game

The people is the one who sucks

*Matchmaking randomly breaks

*Disconnections for no apparent reasons

*Restrictions of gameplay

*Overpricing of DLC vehicles and clothing

*Artificial difficulty of the enemy NPCs

*Lowered contact mission payouts

*Priortization of money glitches and ignoring gamebreaking ones for eons

*Balance issues

*Terrible driver AI that is designed to screw you over

*so much more

Yeah, nothing wrong with this game at all, you're biased and ungrateful if you try to criticize anything or have your own opinion/experience that is different from mine, I am always right!

despite modders, noobs , GTA physics , loading time etc .... , GTA Online still remains , "fun factor-ish" , the best game ever , according to me

simple as that ....

Edited by nido997
  • Like 2

Not From my experiences.

When a tank shows up, it's literally a race between me and my friends to see who can get five stickies onto a stolen car, call Lester to go OTR, then go take it out in spectacular fashion. Tanks are only a threat if they're off radar and they don't fire a shot before they get to you...

-Too many cheaters

-Too many glitches

-Needs more baggy clothes

1/10 IGN

• Like 3