2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Crouching, an absolute must!

Simply Logic

We shouldn't need to tell Rockstar to make crouching, they should already know. I was left stranded walking/running around GTA V with no stealth abilities when I needed it. I'm tired of rolling around and getting shot in the head, it got old on release. A violent action franchise went mainstream when nobody could crouch around, it got very lame. If I don't want to be seen easily I crouch, simple as that.

YES WE NEED CROUCHING BACK!

It's a must

Adding to that, I loved the prone mechanics in MP 3. I don't think Shootdodge should be in the next GTA tho - that's a signature move of Max that should be kept in the MP series, but prone would be a welcome addition.

• Like 4

IDknKoL.gif

I never really felt the need to crouch in any GTA whatsoever. Let's face it, players tend to either keep moving away from the enemies/cops during a shootout, run to a safe spot and find cover behind objects to hide from gun fire, or try to escape in a vehicle than crouching which is still totally useless in my experience during the shootouts because the way missions are designed and scripted enemies react and shoot at you gives little to no opportunity for the crouching to be useful in any strategic/tactical way as opposed to some other games out there.

This is not by any way means that I'm against crouching, but from pure common sense approach, I really never found crouching "absolute must" in situations when its more needed but seems of no practical use in actual gameplay terms, especially, for console gaming I highly doubt players prefer crouching over fluid cover mechanic.

For PC, sure! But again, unless and until I mod the game, improve the AI and stuff that makes crouching essential over the vanilla experience the actual issue of crouching still stands.

The thing is, GTA games are designed with cover system in mind more than crouching in my personal experiences throughout every title released so far. The best fun comes from the havoc I wreak directly from running and gunning doing all the mayhem in the fast paced gameplay format than crouching like other games that implement the duck/drop feature much better because the AI isn't as retarded as seen in almost every GTA so far. I've tried crouching in IV and more often than not I found it useless in a shootout.

It'd be nice if they added crouching even just for the sake of having it, but I'd prefer significant improvements to the AI first and foremost, the way they react to the surroundings, proving more challenging for me, implement stealth as an alternative equally important and then I can think about crouching to return.

• Like 2

I never really felt the need to crouch in any GTA whatsoever. Let's face it, players tend to either keep moving away from the enemies/cops during a shootout, run to a safe spot and find cover behind objects to hide from gun fire, or try to escape in a vehicle than crouching which is still totally useless in my experience during the shootouts because the way missions are designed and scripted enemies react and shoot at you gives little to no opportunity for the crouching to be useful in any strategic/tactical way as opposed to some other games out there.

This is not by any way means that I'm against crouching, but from pure common sense approach, I really never found crouching "absolute must" in situations when its more needed but seems of no practical use in actual gameplay terms, especially, for console gaming I highly doubt players prefer crouching over fluid cover mechanic.

For PC, sure! But again, unless and until I mod the game, improve the AI and stuff that makes crouching essential over the vanilla experience the actual issue of crouching still stands.

The thing is, GTA games are designed with cover system in mind more than crouching in my personal experiences throughout every title released so far. The best fun comes from the havoc I wreak directly from running and gunning doing all the mayhem in the fast paced gameplay format than crouching like other games that implement the duck/drop feature much better because the AI isn't as retarded as seen in almost every GTA so far. I've tried crouching in IV and more often than not I found it useless in a shootout.

It'd be nice if they added crouching even just for the sake of having it, but I'd prefer significant improvements to the AI first and foremost, the way they react to the surroundings, proving more challenging for me, implement stealth as an alternative equally important and then I can think about crouching to return.

That's the easiest thing you can say. But honestly, with the right knowhow you can always make crouching work even if it proves the AI stupid. It's a fast maintainable way to use cover and to avoid enemies at all costs.

#MakeCrouchingEvenGreater

:^:

I'd take Crouching over 'Stealth Mode' any Time!

• Like 3

Crouching is essential. Just for kicks, start any random war movie and seek for any random scene where the soldiers spot an enemy. What's the first thing they do? Crouch. Duh. You're a smaller target that way and can still move quickly when needed (unlike when going prone).

Cover works only because these are 3rd person games. In reality if you stick your back to the wall you can't see sh*t so if you want to fire, you need to move your whole body. That's why you're more likely to crouch say, under a window than 'take cover' like in these games. No I'm not trying to turn GTAs into realistic war sims, but there's just no logic or sense in removing crouch.

As for stealth, nothing inherently wrong with the idea but it's always been combined with crouch and/or walking in games because it makes sense.

Edited by RogerWho

Crouching is in the game but just not activated. I think they left it out for their own balance/gameplay reasons/philosophies rather than just because it would share a button with stealth. Afterall, crouch could always just use douple tap, or have press for crouch/hold (briefly) for stealth.

I wouldn't expect it to be in VI, just because I don't think they want it in the game.

Edited by reform

Make the crouch come back, R*. AND MAKE IT BETTER.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm down with crouching. *ba dum tish*

Yeah I miss it. When I play other open-world games with crouching I realise how much I miss it. I appreciate Rockstar for making the effort with the stealth thing and wouldn't mind if that stayed too but I overall I definitely prefer crouching and wont miss the other stance (although I love stealth in games).

Some times crouching behind objects is more useful than latching on the object or sometimes you can crouch behind an object and don't want to latch on to it or can't because of the type of object it is, like a thrash-can or something.

Yeah, I'm down with crouching. *ba dum tish*

Yeah I miss it. When I play other open-world games with crouching I realise how much I miss it. I appreciate Rockstar for making the effort with the stealth thing and wouldn't mind if that stayed too but I overall I definitely prefer crouching and wont miss the other stance (although I love stealth in games).

Some times crouching behind objects is more useful than latching on the object or sometimes you can crouch behind an object and don't want to latch on to it or can't because of the type of object it is, like a thrash-can or something.

YEAH!

Thrash-Retro-Testament-TributeRESZ.jpg

You like Metal, huh? :p

Crouching also allows more choice of Cover Selection.

• Like 3

ClaudeSpeed1911

The whole movement need work. Yes it looks good but its not a good system.

MGS 5 looks good AND is smooth as hell.

HeySlickThatsMe

i want this:

Press once ctrl to sneak

press again to crouch

and press again to prone (<--- prone idea is concept)

• Like 1

I don't understand why they didn't simply combine crouching with stealth. They are basically the same thing in terms of movement speed and noise, except now in V you can't use it effectively in combat. I actually used crouching much more often in IV than the cover system, because the cover system sucked and crouching was much more effective in taking out enemies quickly, and improved your aim.

universetwisters

I'm still waiting to be able to go prone.

• Like 3

Stealth and crouch coexisted in San Andreas, but for some reason R* didn't bring back the ability to crouch in V/Online.

If you think about it, crouching is unnecessary with V's gun physics.

Stealth and crouch coexisted in San Andreas, but for some reason R* didn't bring back the ability to crouch in V/Online.

If you think about it, crouching is unnecessary with V's gun physics.

GTA V's gun physics are funny either way. Edited by und

Smoov_Operator

crouching and prone. yes. dare I say: a division style maneuvering around objects even. Would be nice to be combat effective instead of whatever the hell V gave us... maybe a side roll too, like when trevor was on the plane shooting.

• 2 weeks later...

Crounching all the way!

f*ck V'S "STEALTH" MODE!!!

If R* wants it back, just do it like it was in SA: Crounching makes you move silently and you can perform executions without attracting heat!

Best of both worlds.

TheHumanIsland

I don't need crouch or prone in gta. I would prefer stealth be a more viable option. Crouch is overrated these days to me, because the cover system replaces crouch in modern gaming, and this is well done in GTA V. they will crouch automatically in cover, and we can take cover on nearly anything you'd want to.

Edited by TheHumanIsland

F*ck crouching. I want sitting. You feel me?

Ooohhhh baby, you have no idea how much I do ;)

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

• Like 2

We shouldn't need to tell Rockstar to make crouching silenced pistols, they should already know. I was left stranded walking/running around GTA V with no stealth abilities when I needed it. I'm tired of rolling around and getting shot in the head, it got old on release. A violent action franchise went mainstream when nobody could crouch around, it got very lame. If I don't want to be seen easily I crouch, simple as that.

*fixed, fwiw

Not that I disagree with you,

Edited by aragond

Would be great, it would also be nice to be able to take snapmatic pictures while crouching, so you get a new and different perspective for a picture.

• Like 2

grope_4_that_date

Red Dead Redemption universally changed GTA multiplayer in my opinion. It's a shame that got rid of hardcore mode. Pretty much agree with all that's been said.

• Like 1

If crouching and prone would ever be added into the game or the next installment,

Hold R3 - Prone

R3 Twice - Crouch

Edited by Reptiles