Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,957 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Son of Zeus

Best and Worst Cops

Best and Worst Cops  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which GTA has the best Cops?

• GTA I
    • GTA II
    • GTA III
    • GTA VC
    • GTA SA
    • GTA LCS
    • GTA VCS
    • GTA IV
    • GTA TLaD
    • GTA CTW
    • GTA TBoGT
    • GTA V
    • GTA Online
    • GTA Advance
  2. 2. Which GTA has the worst cops?

• GTA I
    • GTA II
    • GTA III
    • GTA VC
    • GTA SA
    • GTA LCS
    • GTA VCS
    • GTA IV
    • GTA TLaD
    • GTA CTW
    • GTA TBoGT
    • GTA V
    • GTA Online
    • GTA Advance

Son of Zeus

Simple thread...which GTAs have the best and worst cops in your opinion?

For me SA has the best cops. They're funny, not too strong and not too weak either. You can have good chases and shootouts for a decently long time. IV cops are second, feel a bit too weak at times.

As for the worst, V has the worst cops without doubt. Extreme accuracy kills the fun in chases/shootouts.

Osho

I wouldn't say the best but quite better when compared to HD era cops - GTA SA cops!

SA cops have their own annoying issues as well, especially, escaping at and above 4 stars.

For the worst category - IV cops simply because they are easy to escape, a lot boring and their one liners are a big yawn!

V cops are actually a step up fitting for the modern GTA once I mod out the issues with them. They are awesomely challenging and quite fun as well. But I can understand the complaints regarding the experience s with the V cops on vanilla versions.

RogerWho

All the cops except IV+EFLC can be super annoying, but in Online they are the worst because they get in the way of everything the player does. At least SP is just SP, but in online they ruin everything all the time. It gets worse when we consider how weak some vehicles are so cops can easily shoot your helicopter or Hydra down using small arms fire. Simply retarded. As are their taunts.

SA and V also have a major problem with their ridiculous spawning on top of mountains, in the middle of the desert and everywhere else across the whole state even if you have just one or 2 stars. It's not that obvious in the other titles with their relatively compact cities.

The 3D era games have a problem with inconsistency. Does this one star mean I can just drive off for 10 seconds and be in the clear or will they keep hunting me down forever? On the other hand it's nice to have pay&spray that doesn't take in-game time and works even if cops can see you enter. I think the IV-era cops were made easier to compensate for this.

Edited by RogerWho

Jezus Holy Christ

This is somehow a hard question, and it depends on how one views the cops.

To me, III's cops were the best. Just for the fun of it. They didn't leave you after 5 seconds of escaping like in VC or SA, and were crazy as f*ck which made the chase funny. They did anything they could to stop you, although their attitude felt a bit weird like many other cartoonish things in III.

And the worst cops were the cops of Chinatown Wars. The officers failed to follow you if you leaped over a small wall, and the cop cars crashed at every corner so you'd get 3 stars and lose it in like 20 seconds.

Edited by Jezus Holy Christ

Fenton

SA Cops is the best and V cops is the worst.

SA cops quotes are quite funny to me. They're not strong and they're not even weak, I love the moment where a police helicopter filled with pilot and it's gunner arguing about shooting me, then I always make them chase me into the river then watching them drowning like an idiot and I fall in love with that SA SWAT guy's quotes. Oh man, I miss those old days.

V cops quotes sucks because they're always saying "COVER ME!", "I NEED SOME COVER!" and whatever they was saying. Seeing those V cops killing me makes me rage and seeking for revenge to said cop who killed me, and their Robocop ability, No more megaphone sound from Police Maverick anymore, It sucks ball however it's a great game nonetheless.

I seldom played GTA IV because it's always crashed my game, It's makes me have no experience fighting with those IV cops so IV cops was meh to me.

--Vega--

Best were SA. They were weird in III, overtuned in VC, and SA nailed it just right, not being OVERLY aggressive but still "onto you". + I like the cruisers in SA and that they changed them according to where you were at (Los Santos/Country-Desert/Las Venturas).

Worst was V by far. It's ridiculous that all I have to do is shoot a gun once and I can possibly endure a 10+ minute police chase. And they have a very f*cked up mechanic that can make them unrealistically speed up to ram you, which drags the chases out way longer.

Femme Fatale

The best cops are the ones from SA, and the worst are from V...

icecoldkilla1467

the best goes to san andreas mainly because of the nostalgia and the great dialogue i also loved the diversity of each region

the worst'll go to v for being a pain in the arse

Edited by icecoldkilla1467

RogerWho

^ Interesting. I looked up cop lines from V and they are pretty varied too. Why do they always scream just stupid crap like 'fuuuuuuuck yoooooooou' and soldiers 'I'm a f*cking marine' then?

Officer Ronson

^ Interesting. I looked up cop lines from V and they are pretty varied too. Why do they always scream just stupid crap like 'fuuuuuuuck yoooooooou' and soldiers 'I'm a f*cking marine' then?

Because most of the time we'll be hearing them is when they're in combat mode, so they'll resort to combat taunts and actions, you'll actually get some more better lines when you hear some conversations or you're just generally annoying them before getting them to shoot you.

I for one cannot possibly tell any best Cops in the whole series, my pick would be V because even if they're rubber-banding, they're actually ruthless and sadistic. In terms of Violent tactics the VCPD comes in second. The SAPD in GTA SA comes in a third, they're braindead at best but they got some pretty funny lines. The other cops for me are just, ''Eh''.

Edited by Officer Ronson

RogerWho

How do you get V cops to NOT shoot you? They shoot me even for just standing on one place :blink:

eCola

Best are GTA SA and GTA IV cops obviously.

Worst are GTA 1 and GTA 5 cops. GTA 1 cops are faster than the speed of light, and the GTA 5 cops are like accurate dinosaurs.

Officer Ronson

How do you get V cops to NOT shoot you? They shoot me even for just standing on one place :blink:

Leave the exaggeration for those memelords in the meme section. You just stand considerably away like a few feet from the cops, no need to invade their personal space.

slimeball supreme

Best: SA and maybe IV.

Maybe.

Worst: CTW and maybe VC.

Bamboozle

Best: SA , its the perfect blend. Not very aggressive but still a challenge.

Hardest: VCS, mainly because of turn on tune in bug out.

Most annoying: VC, because of spike strips.

Easiest : haven't determined one yet.

Worst: Nah.

GTA-Biker

Best-GTA SA cops,because they were not too hard or too easy to lose at lower wanted levels,and they were even somewhat realistic (if CJ didn´t hold a weapon at one star,they wouldn´t try to kill him,just chase and arrest him).I think GTA 4 cops are second best.

Worst-GTA 5 cops,because you get wanted levels for stuff that you shouldn´t (Why is it illegal to stand near someone for around 10 seconds?How do the cops see the protagonist do something illegal in the middle of the forest?),the cops are too aggressive (increasing wanted level from one to two stars even if the protagonist is not a theat,boosting into and ramming protagonist´s vehicle),and they are too dangerous (they can make a headshot with a pistol at 50 yards,but to be fair,so do all other NPCs).

SMACKED!

i never have cringed more for cops in gta iii, they f*cked me up during my gameplay so bad that i grown a hate for them

the cops in gta v are pathetic, you get a wanted level for doing absolutely nothing & they're strict asf

JosephStalin

The Best

ci2rwgR.jpg

Edited by JosephStalin

Algonquin Assassin

The Best

ci2rwgR.jpg

GTA IV's cops are the best because (along with EFLC) are the only cops in the GTA series who arrest other peds and place them into cop cars.

GTA V's cops went backwards going back to the brain dead "derp, derp we must kill everyone" mentality that plagued the cops from the 3D era.

Shadowfennekin

Best IV. I remember having a blast punching NPCs and running towards a cop just to have them see the NPC punch me then arrest them. lol

V is the definite worst. In Online, I don't even try to escape I just let them kill me so I can continue what I was doing.

Piggsy pls

Best-GTA SA cops,because they were not too hard or too easy to lose at lower wanted levels,and they were even somewhat realistic (if CJ didn´t hold a weapon at one star,they wouldn´t try to kill him,just chase and arrest him).

CJ's black, that's not realistic.

Osho

I know there are people who have issues with CJs skin color and probably the main reason SA is so strongly disliked but by your logic just because CJs black you thought it was unrealistic for the cops to just chase and arrest him and not kill CJ even when he's not holding the gun???

Are you okay or what?

I mean, CJ isn't holding a weapon so I don't think back then in reality the cops would shoot any black person unless they are threatened by him in some way or the other, and in this case, at 1 star.

Unless you have some kind of strong factual evidence to support your claim of being "unrealistic", I really can't help but find your claim utter nonsense and silly.

Vanzant

I have played all of these games and to me the answer to the question is obscure.

No doubt in GTAIII and Vice City at five stars in open territory you are f*cked. In Vice City the FBI will take you out with full armor and health in mere seconds.

In San Andreas you have more health and armor than any other game in the series. This makes the cops seem easier, but honestly they are the same as any other f*cking game.

I think ranking GTAV as the worst is simply because the health is 1/5th of what we're used to. The police in GTAV are not tougher, they just kill you faster.

With that being said, there's no best or worse to me at all. It's the same sh*t with each game you just have different health ranges.

PJR_4015

I know there are people who have issues with CJs skin color and probably the main reason SA is so strongly disliked but by your logic just because CJs black you thought it was unrealistic for the cops to just chase and arrest him and not kill CJ even when he's not holding the gun???

Are you okay or what?

I mean, CJ isn't holding a weapon so I don't think back then in reality the cops would shoot any black person unless they are threatened by him in some way or the other, and in this case, at 1 star.

Unless you have some kind of strong factual evidence to support your claim of being "unrealistic", I really can't help but find your claim utter nonsense and silly.

He was obviously joking about the stereotype that American cops rather shoot a black person than arrest him.

Piggsy pls

Are you okay or what?

Do you live in a fantasy world or what? It was obvious what I was implying with that. Edited by Piggsy pls

JosephStalin

I know there are people who have issues with CJs skin color and probably the main reason SA is so strongly disliked

KSdDYbl.gif

That's absolute nonsense that's like me claiming the main reason IV is disliked is because Niko is Eastern European.

I'm not the biggest fan of SA myself but how is it strongly disliked? it's one of the most universally loved games of all time.

You utter some extremely asinine statements Osho.

Edited by JosephStalin

Sunrise Driver

Why do you have TLAD and TBOGT cops if they're the same as GTA IV?

Misunderstood

IV and SA's cops are the best. SA's cops are somewhat difficult and IV's cops are the best cops to f*ck around with, so much fun there.

V's cops are the worst because of the terrible rubberbanding, 100% accuracy and the blandness of the wanted levels in general.

Lol @SA is strongly disliked. U wat

Edited by Misunderstood

Jeansowaty

IV's cops are the best imo, they're just too funny, fights with them are always crazy :p second best are the SA ones, especially the SFPD and their crazy quotes. I ain't having a problem or anything, but whenever I hear "When I'll beat your ass, I'm gonna f*ck it..." I just choke from laughter. The only problem the SA cops have is that they're snooping around way too much - this is especially a problem when I'm playing on DYOM and I'm killing pre-scripted chars, the cops come from everywhere!

Worst cops... I guess GTA5 ones from what I've seen. They only got one target - kill you ASAP. Yeah, very realistic. To make matters worse, their quotes are NOT having any humor at all (to start off, where's the humor in V anyway? lol). Same goes for the Vice City cops. Maybe to a lesser degree, but they're still quite unfunny (I just lol at their weird "don't make me ruuuun") and their spawning rate is incredible. I can't do anything, I fire a shot, I nick a car (hell even one spawning under my safehouse), I punch the air - that fool comes up and chases me around with his big-ass nighstick. Derp.

Edited by Jeansowaty

B Dawg

It's a bit hard to pick between SA and IV for best.

In SA, you can fistfight cops at 1 star and the FBI/Army have high accuracy with their weapons so that they're deadly even at range. There's also biker cops. One retarded feature is the fact that the SWAT use Uzis and hold them like gangsters.

In IV, cops no longer spawn out of thin air around you. Cops finally acknowledge crimes caused by pedestrians and not just the player (in 3D era games, someone attacking you or someone else? No f*cks given. They also always target you upon seeing you even though there are homies around you shooting at them. I can't remember if they ever target your homies). On the other hand, NOOSE and the FIB are lacking in IV when it comes to on-foot engagements, having the same sh*tty accuracy as any generic ped/enemy with their weapons, only being a threat at close range.

I guess I'll vote for IV.

The vote for worst obviously goes to V. Rubberbanding, overly accurate regular police officers, overly aggressive and sensitive, you know what they're like.

Edited by B Dawg