1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Insurgent Pick-up good for CEO work?

gnifa7cat

Was thinking of getting the Insurgent Pick-up while on sale.

Like that I can use it exiting the office. If I run some CEO missions solo, can I opt to stop it and operate the gun instead of driving?

And when I hire associates, do they use their own vehicles or what I provide for them?

Was thinking of getting the Insurgent Pick-up while on sale.

Like that I can use it exiting the office. If I run some CEO missions solo, can I opt to stop it and operate the gun instead of driving?

And when I hire associates, do they use their own vehicles or what I provide for them?

You can operate the gun, but not while in the driver's seat. You'd have to exit the vehicle to access it, which may be a disadvantage.

As for associates, they can use all vehicles available, since associates have a similar number of vehicles to use as the CEOs.

You can stop and shoot, but you can't shoot and drive - need another player for that.

It can't be ordered from the Securoserv menu I don't think, so associates won't be able to hog it.

It can be quite effective against people on foot, but only if you keep your distance - you'll just get auto aimed out otherwise. It's effective against Buzzards too, nearly all Savage pilots, though I would say a Valkyrie is bad news for it. Jets are also going to win most of the time, though you might take down some who aren't so great.

Edited by Icantthinkofonew
  • Like 2

Blasterman4EVER

Oh yeah. It'll get the job done and take some rocket impacts. Arguably the best CEO work vehicle.

But the regular Insurgent might be better because of the upgrades, even without the gun.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER
  • Like 2

May stick with standard Insurgent then.

Can a lot of the CEO work be done solo using the Insurgent and Buzzard?

I assume at some point I will be stuck just driving the delivery truck unprotected right?

TaylorTheCreator

Yep, it can hold 5 people and 1 person operating the gun. It can be deadly to your enemies.

I prefer the hydra buzzard combo. I use my Hydra and whoever I'm working with can use the company buzzard.

Shadowfennekin

I'd recommend it if you don't do it solely by yourself. It's great for guarding slow vans carrying goods or carrying your crate carriers.

Though I prefer using my Hydra to protect my goods.

Someone on the forums mentioned the Insurgent got buffed and now has bullet-resistant Windows like the newer VIP vehicles. Any truth to that?

May stick with standard Insurgent then.

Can a lot of the CEO work be done solo using the Insurgent and Buzzard?

I assume at some point I will be stuck just driving the delivery truck unprotected right?

I use Buzzard for solo grinding money in Sightseer and Headhunter. It is faster than Insurgent Pick-Up, its' guns can be used from the pilot seat and have missiles with the homing system, it's small and maneuverable so can land almost anywhere. I don't see how using Insurgent Pick-Up solo can be any good, especially if you have normal Insurgent in your garage.

Edited by dasgluk

For CEO work, I would recommend:

Buzzard... and that's pretty much it.

Having a an armored vehicle like the regular Insurgent or Kuruma, or even the mid-armored vehicles like the V12 Shafter is a good idea because there are a few times where the Buzzard isn't the best tool for the job, but I'd urge PVs over other Pegasus vehicles.

You can have PVs and Securoserve vehicles out at the same time with non-conflicting cooldown timers. Keep the Pegasus vehicle option open because you may need another Buzzard (or Hydra or armed Insurgent or something else) if both the other cooldown timers are locking you out.

Back to the original question: The armed Insurgent can't be driven and fired from by the same player, unless they stop, get out, and get back in the rear doors. If you always have friends, then that's a useful vehicle, but otherwise it's not much better than the Valkyrie. I still haven't bought an armed Insurgent because its benefit (at any price) isn't worth the space in my Pegasus list.

Edited by ash-274

BigStickMama

IDK what I'm doing but I have only had like a couple people try to stop me doing CEO stuff today, and I gave them the biz with the Special Carbine.

I tend to just use a bike or fast car to get around quickly, I also do most of my CEO stuff solo in lonely/sparse lobbies.

TheFroggmann

Someone on the forums mentioned the Insurgent got buffed and now has bullet-resistant Windows like the newer VIP vehicles. Any truth to that?

They've always had bullet resistant glass but anybody with an MG can remove it for you in 0.32 seconds.

As for the OP, really the only tool you need is the Buzzard. THe insurgent PU is a fun F around vehicle but the aimbot T-1000s you see are going to take you out faster than a player with a Combat MG.

Get the Insurgent PV, if you need to shoot, use an AP Pistol.

By the time you got out of your Insurgent to main the machine gun, the AI will have made quick work of you.

It's nice to have an armored car and a Buzzard as a CEO just in case....

I mean, if you ever get some really low level players you can be a real CEO and summon all the tools they need and then chill in your office while they do the grunt work. It can be really fun to coordinate them all.

'You summon the Buzzard'

'You get in the Kuruma/Insurgent at my office'

'You go to the docks helipad and get in my Buzzard'

Then if say someone gets stranded you could have whoever's in the company vehicle ditch it somewhere and switch to another vehicle so the stranded person can summon the company vehicle right next to them and get right back into the fight. Meanwhile you're just chilling in the office watching them all move around on your map, occasionally going outside for a "smoke break" to start Headhunter missions and such.

So yeah, your company vehicle and Pegasus vehicle are better off being used for Buzzards

technical = agile , light and cheap

turreted limo = bullet-resistant glass , minigun , increased mass , can be spawned via securoserv at will , 80% armor & tanking single-explosive hit

insurgent = nearly equal mass to tank , 9 player max , extremely explosive-resistant , impossibility deformation & hanging passenger uses 2-handed weapon

Turret Limo > Pickup Insurgy

In terms of speed, stability and rate of fire perhaps.

On defence, accuracy, durability not so much.

And you can duck behind the MG as well, in addition of armored plate behind your back.

Edited by Alvarez

SecuroServ spawn counts for a *lot* (especially in this thread's context)

More bulletproof/less explosive resistance = a draw (although taking 1 RPG is sufficient in most cases)

Gun does more damage

You can "duck" back into the limo but not a quick duck like you mean, true.

Overall - especially if you have an Insurgent PV - I'd always recommend the TL.

ETA - no special map icon for the limo either, IIRC.

Edited by Gridl0k

You will need three vehicles, and none of them are Insurgents or Pick-Ups.

1) Armored Kuruma

2) Buzzard

3) Schafter V12 (Armored)

Switch up between the Kuruma and V12 from time to time, the former focuses on total ballistic protection from enemy NPCs, the latter exells in getting away from players with high speed to your advantage.

The Buzzard is your trump card as a CEO, it can be spawned next to you for free if you bought it, it also helps take down the eventual triple helicopter or the dreaded Merryweather Valkyrie that you'll encounter later on. It also is helpful during Headhunter as well as the Kuruma, it's advised to play a VIP mission after every crate delivery.

The Inusrgent puck-up would be a complete waste of money imo. Your best vehicle options would be the V12 armored, Kuruma armored, Buzzard, Regular Insurgent and Hydra. Everything else is obsolete.