3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Stuttering

Mak

So i just bought GTA V the game runs fine, Online works well although i have no idea what to do but theres this annoying problem after about half an hour or an hour it's pretty random the game starts to stutter. my specs are GTX 750 1gb, Core 2 Quad Q9400 and 8gb of ram. any help?

HaRdSTyLe_83

Never experienced performance decrease with any of my gpus gtx750 2gb / gtx970 4gb / gtx1080 8gb.

Some people talk abour memory leaks, but i personaly never experienced that.

They can either run my settings or just cant, but they dont just start to stutter over time

Edit. Also i would watch your gpu temps, if they are going to high it can thermal throttle

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

The game is very, very CPU intensive. My i5 reaches 100% very frequently. If you have population density options up, turn them to minimum, but I don't think that's gonna solve it in your case. You might need to upgrade. Even I get random stutters sometimes with my i5, task manager shows the CPU usage at 100% very often. Other than that, I'd watch for video memory too. Exceeding 1 GB, especially on Windows 10, will cause stutter.

Edited by Spider-Vice

It's really random sometimes, i'd play Online or Off without any stutter for an hour sometimes half an hour in it would start stuttering, usually a restart of the game from the desktop fixes it on rare occasions i've had to reboot my system. I've heard about some memory leak issue? is there such a thing?

Edited by Mak

It happens on some configurations, it seems to be an issue that's very hard to track. Try monitoring your memory usage as you play, either using the Task Manager or an app like MSI Afterburner.

Smoov_Operator

100% on an i5? wow.... is it older or something?

sounds like thermal throttling OP. time for an upgrade.

your pc doesn't meet the minimum specs....otherwise known as junk

I will report you for trolling. The Q9400 is a bit better than the Q6600, I have a Xeon with about the same performance and it runs the game fine. 8gb of ram is well above 4gb and the GTX 750 card is a lot better than the 9800 GT. But with just 1gb of video ram, OP should lower his graphic settings. I would use everything on normal if I were him, while checking the memory usage with a program like afterburner (what Spider said). I play with 6gb of ram, a 9 year old Xeon processor, and an extremely weak gpu but the game runs good (it doens't go over 5gb).

Minimum specifications:

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz

Memory: 4GB

Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)

Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible

HDD Space: 65GB

DVD Drive

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203428177-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-PC-System-Specs

Edited by Suprix

My specs aren't great but there decent enough to run this game and all other AAA games which came out lately (RoTR, The Witcher 3, MGS V) the stuttering issue is there even with lowering the graphics settings, earlier i played single player for an hour and half and had no issues so like i said it's random. how do i monitor the memory usage? heck how do i use afterburner?

LazlowsucksiloveslutS

So i just bought GTA V the game runs fine, Online works well although i have no idea what to do but theres this annoying problem after about half an hour or an hour it's pretty random the game starts to stutter. my specs are GTX 750 1gb, Core 2 Quad Q9400 and 8gb of ram. any help?

GTAV for PC is a waste of money. Pirated version runs much better. f*ck, I bought it when Steam had special offer, now I can never get my money back. Piece of sh*t game. If you don't have recommended requirements, don't even bother buying GTAV, unless you want to hone Stoic philosophy and put to test your ability to endure pain and hardship.

Dollar, even the minimum settings are ok if you use normal options (lowest).The pirated version runs better (uses less ram, a lot less) but people should buy the game if they want it.

OP, look here and follow the steps:

09lPElL.jpg

LazlowsucksiloveslutS

Dollar, even the minimum settings are ok if you use normal options (lowest).The pirated version runs better (uses less ram, a lot less) but people should buy the game if they want it.

09lPElL.jpg

Normal options ok? Are you f*cking kidding me? I got blue screen error three times when playing with normal settings. Hell. it's unplayable. A waste of money. Makes me suicidal when I consider that Rockstar Games uses my money to develop some online bullsh*t.

09lPElL.jpg

Normal options ok? Are you f*cking kidding me? I got blue screen error three times when playing with normal settings. Hell. it's unplayable. A waste of money. Makes me suicidal when I consider that Rockstar Games uses my money to develop some online bullsh*t.

Something is wrong with your computer.

LazlowsucksiloveslutS

Damn right. I'm responsible for my financial situation and I shall not blame anyone else. Still, I'm pissed that Rockstar uses my money to develop content for GTA Online.

Edited by Dollarhide

So i used Afterburner to check and my RAM usage was only 4 gigs and everything seemed fine with a stable 37fps all around on high settings, i had to do a fresh windows install which has seemed to fix the stuttering which is weird, i'm running on High settings and the game isn't stuttering anymore.

I have some stutter on an i5 6600k at times, believe it or not it's a slight bottleneck to newer gpu's