3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Assassin's Creed Series

acmilano

Played origins again last night. Just realized the camera isn't my favorite and you can't change it.

Edited by Zello

12 hours ago, Zello said:

Played origins again last night. Just realized the camera isn't my favorite and you can't change it.

Is it the field of view?

16 hours ago, Dryspace said:

Is it the field of view?

Zooming out like in GTA. I don't like how it's too close to Bayek.

Edited by Zello

3 hours ago, Zello said:

Zooming out like in GTA. I don't like how it's too close to Bayek.

I don't have Origins yet, but I did some research a while ago and on the PC version the FOV can apparently be adjusted in the settings. But more importantly, it can be increased beyond the in-game maximum by editing the config file 'ACO.ini'.

The good thing about increasing FOV in third-person games is that it not only increases your peripheral vision, but it makes the player character appear farther away, and take up less of the screen.

I finally got around to finishing Origins yesterday. 68 hours of gameplay and I still have tonnes to do (side quests, achievements to mop up). 

That is what kept me away from it for so long, the sheer amount I needed to do. Excellent game, different from any other AC game (at the time) but excellent.

And visually it is superb. The amount of time I just thought "wow" was insane. 

Story was never my favourite, Bayek is okay but I never really grew attached to him in the same way I did as Ezio or Altair. The gameplay and RPG elements though, along with how stunning the game looks, will allow me to always look at this with an incredibly positive viewpoint. 

SIG-2.jpg

AC: 3 definitely an all time favorite, but Black Flag was pretty bad ass too, jacking ships on the high seas (Who doesn't want to be a pirate?). Its like GTA 1700's edition lol

One thing I hope they tone down in Valhalla is the amount of animals in the world that can't mind their own damn business. It's been a couple of years since I played Origins, so my memory is fuzzy, but I don't remember being attacked half as much in that game as I was in Odyssey.

Odyssey is gorgeous, so it'd be nice to appreciate some of that scenery without a pack of wild animals trying to ambush me.

9 hours ago, Laker23 said:

One thing I hope they tone down in Valhalla is the amount of animals in the world that can't mind their own damn business. It's been a couple of years since I played Origins, so my memory is fuzzy, but I don't remember being attacked half as much in that game as I was in Odyssey.

I'm a bit biased towards Origins but I remember seeing a crocodile attacking someone in Origins and seeing them die and watching the blood spread in the water it was beautiful.

Edited by Zello

Ubisoft "So we have this part of the map with deadspace between locations, that's fine right?" "Nah man lets put groups of aggressive boars and wolves there. ez"

Literally adds nothing to the world or the gameplay but game devs still do it.

I'm not sure how Valhalla will handle the story of the Assassins. Regardless of that, I hope after this they go back to a game really focused on the actual "Assassins Creed" And I don't mean loosely tied in or finding out about it at the end, I'm talking in the thick of it, student to master and all the trimmings. 

I personally still believe the story of Altair has some legs. Or his son could be the main guy in a new game. Did you know Altair's son assassinated Genghis Khan? Now that is a story arc I can get behind. 

By the year 1217, the Mentor of the Levantine Brotherhood of Assassins, Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, correctly suspected that Genghis Khan's rise to power was due in part to a Sword of Eden. Thus, Altaïr, his wife Maria, and his son Darim traveled to Mongolia intending to assassinate Khan and retrieve the Piece of Eden. In 1227, they located Genghis Khan in Xingqing around the time his forces were besieging the city; the Mongolian Assassin Qulan Gal shot Genghis Khan's horse with an arrow, dismounting the Mongol Emperor and providing Darim the chance to kill him with a crossbow bolt.

Imagine being the son of Altair, having his wisdom and ideas to rely on. Would be f*cking epic. 

Add in some Brotherhood/Revelations elements where you can recruit assassins, send them on missions and call them in to help you eliminate targets, and I'm sold. 

Edited by LittleBlueTroll
  • Like 2

SIG-2.jpg

• 1 year later...
guerilla_man

Just to let you all know.

I been playing Assassins creed odyssey for 111 hours over the course of 4 months.

I played as Alexious. I am currently up to level 56 and I feel overpowered and over bulked with resources which I spent hundreds and thousands of resources upgrading my ship and character.

I have almost 400,000 drachmae in total and the game resources and quests I have maybe done thousands of different quests in this game.

If not thousands of quests hundreds of quests completed!

I have slaughtered 6 different types of bosses who almost killed me.

Including the minotaur,cyclop monster 2 of them. and medusa which was hard and I mean very difficult.

Not to forget I completed almost all the legendary animal hunts.

I got all DLC for this game in which I have not done yet the DLC quests.

I love Assassins creed games and always played them.

Assassins creed the black flag was completed and mastered 99% and all I needed was to complete the treasure in which was the last treasure in the game before hitting 100% Assassins creed black flag completion. I could not find that treasure at all.

So , I am yapping on about Assassins creed progression. How is your progression in Assassins creed games?

What have you completed so far in your experience in playing Assassins creed games?

I don't know what is happening there with further Assassins creed games? might be discontinued for now.

I was playing Valhalla and stopped well they fix bugs with it like the Ostara Festival,  it got a support update recently and I'm waiting on the  Paris dlc to be released this summer for Valhalla

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

guerilla_man
On 7/7/2021 at 6:44 AM, Craigsters said:

I was playing Valhalla and stopped well they fix bugs with it like the Ostara Festival,  it got a support update recently and I'm waiting on the  Paris dlc to be released this summer for Valhalla

I played Valhalla but did not enjoy it.

I send it back and got odyssey. I enjoy Odyssey a lot more.

I have Origins and syndicate.

Origins is cool. But I have not played it often recently.

I only played the original Assassin's Creed and Black Flag on PS3, the only one of the modern ones that interested me is Origins.

Posted (edited)

here's all the AC games I own and most of the time I buy the deluxe versions

Assassin's Creed -director's edition
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag <-- couldn't stir the ship
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - gold
Assassin's Creed Valhalla - gold

I have Origins on my wishlist, had to buy  new game controllers this month and fans to sit in comfort

steam has the full game of Origins on sale for $25.99 CAD during the steam summer sale tell July 8th

Edited by Craigsters
  • Like 1

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

- The Man -

I bought Assasin's Creed II years ago to see if it was my type of game. I played a few hours, but I couldn't get into it. Maybe I'd like the others better. I don't play many games, so I probably won't find out.

guerilla_man

I played the hidden blades DLC for odyssey.

I watched the movie cinematics of the Persian king getting his neck stabbed by a hidden blade.

I think the story is really Good in odyssey.

I am level 57 now.

All I seem to want now is legendary gear and weapons.

This game odyssey has a great exploration line and story and it all makes sense.

innocents were getting burned alive and it makes you want to get those village raiders and put a blade through them to save the innocents.

Some how the spartans are getting ordered by a secret society with the persians and something very bad is going on here. crazy stuff!

So it is up to eagle bearer Alexious to be the hero and kill these scum bags. and save the innocents.

Cutter De Blanc
Posted (edited)

I played the third one for awhile until I had a sudden revelation while I was jumping from roof to to roof with my other guys killing people below me, that the fun I was having was the most fun I could be having in it, and that there wasn't going to be anything different or special to keep me motivated to continue playing. Like, I got all the special abilities and that was it. The fun in that game stopped there at that exact point and could not ever get better. 

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

guerilla_man
Posted (edited)

anyone played origins at all?

Edited by guerilla_man
deleting last message sent twice.

• 3 weeks later...
guerilla_man

I am actually doing the heir of memories mission in odyssey. I have done now 127 hours of gameplay. Alexious is now famous and well known across the greek world.

I am really starting to adventure into this game.

I have completed loads of different quests and the quests keep popping up.

I am right now trying to assassinate all the cult members. and get those artefacts for the spear upgrades.

I am spear level 5 going onto spear level 6 real soon!

I got so far and I have all the memories and pics of what I done! my Journey in assassins creed odyssey is epic!

Shadowfennekin

"It's raiding season and I'm chasing pigs through the mud, maybe Dag was right."

Okay this line for the new festival quest was actually pretty funny lmao

The Siege of Paris dlc release date has been leaked and reported to be  released August 12th 2021

black box infiltration missions are supposed to returning in the Siege  of Paris the E3 video reports

guerilla_man

still after march,april,may,june ,July and August I put in a massive amount of time in assassins creed odyssey 139 hours until now.

By the time I update you it will be 200 hours!

This game never let's up quests are everlasting!

I completed the Elysium quests and DLC quests for the blades DLC.

Too much stuff to do in this game! Not to forget all the side quests like shark hunting and bandit hunting and cultist marking and hunting.have not been to the underworld yet.

I defeated medusa ,cyclops 2 of them beasts. minotaur and the other lightening bringer. completed all legendary animals.

and the list of activities Just keeps going on and on. Love this game. That's what I am playing now.

20 hours ago, guerilla_man said:

still after march,april,may,june ,July and August I put in a massive amount of time in assassins creed odyssey 139 hours until now.

The other day I continued playing with my save file from 2019 (started in December of 2018). I had around 100h of playtime before the DLC. I just finished The Legacy of the First Blade for the first (and only) time.

What a piece of sh*t this DLC this was. I bought it on sale and I still feel ripped off. The worst written piece of garbage that I have ever had the displeasure of playing, and absolutely terrible missions. Nothing about this DLC felt authentic or like it was created by people who were passionate about making it. And from what I hear, it was even worse at some point and Ubisoft apparently changed some things. I can't imagine it being any worse than it is, though.

Hopefully the Atlantis DLC will be better.

Ubisoft should really reconsider going back to the original Assassin's Creed formula because this sh*t is overwhelming in a bad way. They are too massive for their own good and there's no replay value here. It took me more than two years to get to the DLC for this game because I got bored of it and I couldn't wait to be done with the main story when I first got the game. Completing AC Odyssey literally felt like a chore more than it was fun. I didn't want to play it after a certain point. I just don't know how to quit. So, since I don't want to quit, my best bet is to never play another AC. And that's fine with me. I don't want to experience something like AC Odyssey ever again.

Edited by Yokelsson
  • Like 1
BTC: 1JwbWprhZDLhBbLr4rRvQZGUrLSQyrDxnC
ETH: 0x2a406c192db9bf950d717c370b07abc07bd6286c

IzJXMQZ.png

guerilla_man
On 8/3/2021 at 3:05 AM, Yokelsson said:

The other day I continued playing with my save file from 2019 (started in December of 2018). I had around 100h of playtime before the DLC. I just finished The Legacy of the First Blade for the first (and only) time.

What a piece of sh*t this DLC this was. I bought it on sale and I still feel ripped off. The worst written piece of garbage that I have ever had the displeasure of playing, and absolutely terrible missions. Nothing about this DLC felt authentic or like it was created by people who were passionate about making it. And from what I hear, it was even worse at some point and Ubisoft apparently changed some things. I can't imagine it being any worse than it is, though.

Hopefully the Atlantis DLC will be better.

Ubisoft should really reconsider going back to the original Assassin's Creed formula because this sh*t is overwhelming in a bad way. They are too massive for their own good and there's no replay value here. It took me more than two years to get to the DLC for this game because I got bored of it and I couldn't wait to be done with the main story when I first got the game. Completing AC Odyssey literally felt like a chore more than it was fun. I didn't want to play it after a certain point. I just don't know how to quit. So, since I don't want to quit, my best bet is to never play another AC. And that's fine with me. I don't want to experience something like AC Odyssey ever again.

I find the quests in this game are massive but 38 $ it costs to install a DLC for odyssey is a complete rip off.

They should make it cheaper. players feel like they are getting ripped off. it is ridiculous . no game DLC can cost that much! correct me if I am wrong!

BigGoldberg
On 8/4/2021 at 1:11 AM, guerilla_man said:

I find the quests in this game are massive but 38 $ it costs to install a DLC for odyssey is a complete rip off.

They should make it cheaper. players feel like they are getting ripped off. it is ridiculous . no game DLC can cost that much! correct me if I am wrong!

Just wait to a sale and then buy the season pass :)

guerilla_man
Just now, BigGoldberg said:

Just wait to a sale and then buy the season pass :)

I got it cheaper on my other account. playing as Kassandra.

18 $.

for each DLC.

I already purchased All DLC on my main other account.

I played A.C. Odyssey for a few hours or more today,  and fault I missed some quests on the start out island, only had my Experience up to level 6 and some  story missions required level 7 or higher to complete, I was only at level 6 when I went to sea to start ramming ship battles at sea and

Spoiler

find the father

Edited by Craigsters