Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,778 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

acmilano

Assassin's Creed Series

HaRdSTyLe_83

Why is Ubisoft still milking Origins? Ancient Egypt is the most boring setting for an Assassin's Creed ever, Bayek is as interesting as Connor's left thumb, the story is disappointing and messes the general lore of the series (The Order of the Anicents, really?), combat is disappointing and the graphics suck. Origins is the GTA V of the Assassin's Creed series. This makes Syndicate feel like a masterpiece.

Announce the next game, goddammit.

that is just your oppinion, and it seems to go against the majority of players, after Black flag they just gone downhill, at least they comeback with a great title

"We are concentrating at the moment on AC:O, for which we are going to launch a few other DLCs. So you will be amazed by what will come on AC:O. That's the only thing we can say now."

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

K0ol-G-R4P

You forgot to add that that's your personal view and opinion. Imo, it's the best game in the series.

Origins is EASILY the best game in the franchise since BF but not sure about crowning it the best in the series.

I enjoyed BF the most but that's because I'm a big naval combat fan and love piracy.

I will say this though, UNITY was not a train wreck like some like to brand it, I honestly enjoyed UNITY especially the coop.

Syndicate on the other-hand was the most forgettable game in the series.

Edited by K0ol-G-R4P

It's my personal favorite. I can crown it as the best AC game ever without a single doubt. I spend 122 hours in the main game + dlc and have played Discovery mode for around 4 hours so far. I'll easily get 10+ hours out of it. I already want to start a NG+ but I'm holding myself back for after the 2nd dlc. I could never finish a 2nd playthrough of any AC game before. I'll top those 200 hours easily.

It's not just the playtime of course. It's everything. I just f*cking love it.

Players have split opinions regarding the story but I enjoyed it a lot, can even kick Ezio out of his throne and place Bayek on top. Bayek is incredibly well written, has a dope voice actor, he's emotional, relatable and simply very likeable and characteristic. I cannot wait to play through his story again.

Napoleon's times never interested me as much as the Egyptian culture and history, so there's massive bonus points for Origins. Egypt is mysterious, exciting and looks incredible. I loved Egypt since my school days.

This game just scratches my nuts in the right places lol.

jpm1

BF was just graphical for me. incredibly disappointing in term of exploration/open world stuff. but this is my point of view, my 2c like you say. just popping in to tell that there are promotional offers on some shop items right now. bought myself the hispanic armor, as well as few other stuff

MostWantedMVP

Currenty playing Origins, I'm pleasently surprised how good it is.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Leftist Bastard

Why is Ubisoft still milking Origins? Ancient Egypt is the most boring setting for an Assassin's Creed ever, Bayek is as interesting as Connor's left thumb, the story is disappointing and messes the general lore of the series (The Order of the Anicents, really?), combat is disappointing and the graphics suck. Origins is the GTA V of the Assassin's Creed series. This makes Syndicate feel like a masterpiece.

Announce the next game, goddammit.

that is just your oppinion, and it seems to go against the majority of players, after Black flag they just gone downhill, at least they comeback with a great title

"We are concentrating at the moment on AC:O, for which we are going to launch a few other DLCs. So you will be amazed by what will come on AC:O. That's the only thing we can say now."

rule of the majority is meaningless especially when concerning a group as fickle as ACs fanbase

Curse of Osiris DLC is released or will be released later today. I'll wait a bit before picking it up. Playing some other games right now. There are some new unique areas that I won't spoil, but they talked about it in their blog if you're interested. The main map itself however still reuses the same buildings and aesthetics. I was hoping for a bit less recycled map for the 2nd dlc.

HaRdSTyLe_83

^^ you mean curse of the pharaohs :p i have the season pass but still at work :( . im excited about that dlc, more then the first one.. c'mon a hidden assassin league.. how original that was

NeonDolphin
Posted (edited)

You forgot to add that that's your personal view and opinion. Imo, it's the best game in the series.

You haven't played anything before Chronicles, haven't you?

AC Altair and Ezio games are objectively the best and the only ones which are true to Assassin's Creed name.

Edited by NeonDolphin

Dbzk1999

AC Altair and Ezio games are objectively the best and the only ones which are true to Assassin's Creed name.

No offence, but thats complete and utter bullcrap

NeonDolphin
Posted (edited)

AC3 onwards are basically separate historical action games which had Assassins vs Templars content forced upon them. You take away that storyline element and you still have the game, with just a slightly tweaked plot. You take away that in AC1, 2 and you don't have a game.

Edited by NeonDolphin

Posted (edited)

I played every main game in the series. AC2 was great back then but it had it's fair amount of issues. The antagonists, with the exception of the final ones, were lackluster.

In Origins, every single target is memorable, fleshed out and unique. They come in a fairly lengthy questline and additional side quest to truly show what they're doing to the people around.

I also enjoyed Bayek's story a bit more than Ezio's.

It's the refreshment the series needed and in a way better than your usual assassins vs templar conflict. They tried it in Unity, which I thought was incredibly dull.

I'm also a Syndicate and Black Flag fan, which tuned down the AvT tone aswell.

Edited by fashion

Dbzk1999
Posted (edited)

AC3 onwards are basically separate historical action games which had Assassins vs Templars content forced upon them. You take away that storyline element and you still have the game, with just a slightly tweaked plot. You take away that in AC1, 2 and you don't have a game.

Oh please, you take that away in AC2, you still have a story about revenge. The ONLY time where you take that away and you wouldnt have a game is the first one, and thats cause it took place in a time where the assassins and knights. Templar where active Edited by Dbzk1999

Leftist Bastard
Posted (edited)

Oh please, you take that away in AC2, you still have a story about revenge. The ONLY time where you take that away and you wouldnt have a game is the first one, and thats cause it took place in a time where the assassins and knights. Templar where active

100% correct. AC2 was honestly incredibly shallow compared to AC1 and AC3's philosophical musings and exploration of the Assassin/Templar dichotomy.

Edited by Leftist Bastard

Laker23
Part of the fun of the Assassin’s Creed series is guessing where and when the next title may be set. If recent rumors are anything to go by the next installment could take players to ancient Greece in 2019.
In a report on Comicbook, Liam Robertson has said that several sources close to Ubisoft have told him the next Assassin’s Creed game is to follow the Egyptian setting of Origins with Greece and is scheduled for a fall 2019 release. The game apparently entered full production in early 2017, well before the release of Origins.
Robertson says his sources have previously provided accurate Assassin’s Creed information, giving him scoops on the setting and name of Origins. He also points to the fact that Ubisoft art director Raphael Lacoste posted an image of Meteora from a holiday to Greece on Instagram in 2017. This is, of course, tenuous but given Meteora is a UNESCO World Heritage site and its caves were known to be inhabited continuously 5,000 years ago, it's a trip still worth noting.

Pinch of salt needed, a lot of websites have now picked this story up.

Posted (edited)

I'm fine with both Japan or Greece. If they do Japan next, I hope they'll continue the Bayek/Aya storyline in the game after.

Greece would be great to bring more naval combat and island exploration from Black Flag back. If my geography is right, Athens isn't too far from the coast either. A video game version of Athens, surrounding land, coast and islands would work well. Of course not in 1:1 scale but neither was Egypt.

Edited by fashion

Leftist Bastard

It'd be interesting to see how receptive people are to annual releases possibly coming back; I am still like 80% convinced that a lot of the hate post-AC2 games is entirely preconceived because people would refuse to see all the changes the series was undergoing because of the annual release hate bandwagon.

Zello
Posted (edited)

I'm disappointed that the Rogue remaster is digital here in the US won't have a physical release if you buy all your games digital you probably don't care but I buy all my games physical.

Edited by Zello

Zello

So I'm playing Unity for the first time and I just love that opening

The medieval setting everything about it now I'm craving for a AC game set during the middle ages.

Dbzk1999

Basically, the first AC? XD just kidding (overall)

jpm1
Posted (edited)

1st try of Hidden ones. is the pharaos thing map nice. is it possible to roam the map without having fantasy stuff around

on the road to Sinaî

Z6KwD2K.jpg

tejznt9.jpg

4eJJChp.jpg

iaZeyCK.jpg

ZZjrhEH.jpg

arriving in Memphis, to take onboard the barge

GNdwkKY.jpg

oZ8WbJZ.jpg

Sinaî

Zu7UfyD.jpg

AyiNcgr.jpg

ZI2WB7X.jpg

pT6y6Hd.jpg

Necropolis disturbed

2TngYa2.jpg

Edited by jpm1

Zello

Basically, the first AC? XD just kidding (overall)

Been so long since I played the first one. I hardly remember much except for it being set during the crusades.

I bought Curse of the Pharaohs last night out of my frustration with GR Wildlands. Can't wait to play it. I feel similar to when Witcher 3: Blood and Wine released, knowing it's the last piece of content for an excellent game. It's not quite as bad since there will be more AC games incoming.

jpm1
Posted (edited)

while playing ACO, i was thinking to myself. video games have made a long way since the 80s. nowadays games worlds are so huge

N8Y1iKW.jpg

Edited by jpm1

Posted (edited)

WHY THE f*ck IS THIS PC ONLY?!!!!

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=XwcrQT1zvew

It's exactly what I always wanted. Why are they leaving console players in the dirt?

Consoles could handle it if you removed the movement speed option perhaps. Ffs, there's nothing stopping them from letting us play as any character we want at the very least.

Edited by fashion

ARTHUR.

All I would have truly wanted from that was one hit assassinations as that was the essence of the series and to remove it is pure sacrilege.

Darth Yokel

WHY THE f*ck IS THIS PC ONLY?!!!!

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=XwcrQT1zvew

It's exactly what I always wanted. Why are they leaving console players in the dirt?

Consoles could handle it if you removed the movement speed option perhaps. Ffs, there's nothing stopping them from letting us play as any character we want at the very least.

They'll probably find a way to bring some of it to the consoles.

This is totally dope btw.

Posted (edited)

They really should do a lite version for consoles of that. I understand why some, if not the most of the stuff wouldn't work on consoles, especially the day 1/slim versions. But not everything requires any additional power. Hopefully enough people are whining about it on Ubi forums. They've shown great support throughout the game's lifetime. I hope they'll listen to this too.

Edited by fashion

jpm1
Posted (edited)

did you discover all ACO regions. i still have the 2 southern to discover, after 137h. and btw, i found Moïse :lol:

4hPdlio.jpg

Edited by jpm1

jpm1

found a cool easter egg in ACO. You can enter Bayek house. and even if there's a bit creepy cinematic, it's pretty cool. you can stay there, and light the fires. i'm really under the charm of that game

9JIGa0f.jpg