Assassin's Creed Series (Ubisoft)

acmilano

chronic lumbago

Reserve now for a 20 minute mission that convinces you it's totally worth a pre order!

No thanks. While I was really interested in Egypt and like the sound of an AC game set there, I'll wait for user feedback first. If it's the same old formula with a few new features then I don't think I'll pay a full price. I'd like to play it even if it's the same old AC but I rather wait.

Lol I just saw this post again. What a hypocrite I am.

Edited by fashion
  • Like 1

BenMitchell90

Aw man... you can only assume so much from a game cover, but this looks like everything I've been hoping for since the first rumors of an Egyptian game. I'm trying not to get too hyped (I really don't need a repeat of the GTA V situation), but... I am loving everything I've seen and heard about this game, and if I enjoy it at least as much as I have the others, I'll be happy. I'm actually more excited about this than I am RDR 2. I've just always wanted an awesome game set in Ancient Egypt ever since exploring the Egypt levels in Tomb Raider and TR: The Last Revelation (oh, and The Mummy on PS1), and I'm finally getting it. It's also worth noting that this will be my first Assassin's Creed game that'll be a day-one purchase (I didn't have an XB1 or PS4 yet when Unity and Syndicate launched, and money was too tight at the time for me to get Rogue for a while), so that's fun.

One thing I've noticed about the protagonist is that his main weapons appear to be the bow and the shield. I'm sure you'll be able to buy and use swords, daggers, etc., and it's probably a pretty safe bet that the Hidden Blade will be there, but it might be interesting utilizing a shield as the main weapon, using it to both block attacks and bash people over the head. Like this badass motherf*cker!

• Like 3

Alpha Demigod

Okay, so here's my 2 cents.

- Origins was not a working title. It's the actual title. And what sh*tty, generic, title it is. It's like they plucked it from the "subtitles archive for movies/games".

- As much as I love AssCreed games, in Ubisoft games the pre-order bonus is always bullsh*t. It's literally just some pointless weapon that you don't even need, or a 15-minute mission. I never pre-order games, ever. And then I decided to give Ubisoft a chance with Watch Dogs 2 for that "Zodiac Killer" mission. And I got burned. It was boring as sh*t.

- Cautiously hyped for this. I have LOTS I could say. LOTS. I've played every AC, I've been a long time fan. But I'm too old to get hyped for games now and analyze the sh*t out of them pre-release. I've done that already and now it's done.

I have my expectations for what I want to see from the gameplay, the story, the UI. I have an endless wishlist. An analysis. Everything. But why write it out? The game is already made, and when I post my hope on here...it won't magically come into the game.

That's what we all do, isn't it? When we discuss games, we are going purely based on EMOTION because its fun. We like to fantasize about games because it makes us feel good. But rationally, it means nothing. Those guys in the RDR2 forum discussing stuff and wishing for X or analyzing Y...their words don't mean anything to Rockstar and will not change the game in anyway. A game is constructed 100% before you even begin to wish for it.

• Like 2

HaythamKenway

I remain cautiously optimistic with a healthy dose of skepticism. I have complete trust in Ismail and his team to deliver the best work they possibly can, but what I've heard from the higher-ups at Ubisoft about what they want to do with the series and the generally troubling, reactionary position the series as a whole has been forced into following Unity and Syndicate (in sales and audience reception terms, not so much quality itself, to be clear) doesn't instil much confidence.

I call this The Force Awakens Stance. Before TFA came out, the marketing, the way Abrams approached the film, some of the decisions LFL made, what we've been able to piece together from the leaks; much of it rubbed me the wrong way. At the height of the hype frenzy in November and December, I became so tired of it all that I actually bought the tickets more out of a sense of obligation than real anticipation - I said to myself that I'm a Star Wars fan and this will be an important movie for the franchise, so I just have to get it out of my system. And lo an behold, experiencing the hype backlash before the movie even came out tempered me enough to make me actually love it, in spite of its expected flaws, for everything else that it did so right. It got to the point where I turned the other way around completely, where I considered the problems completely negligible and thought people were unfairly too hard on the movie.

I hope I'll be able to do the same with Origins. I'm positive about the game and think it'll most likely be a good one and a return to form in the eyes of most people. The jury's out, however, whether it'll be a great one for me, personally. I'm looking forward to it and I'll be there buying it day one, but I'm keeping my expectations realistic.

• Like 3

Info starting to leak from the next GameInformer issue, release date is apparently 27th of October.

Early deets are sounding really f*cking good and that's coming from someone who is not a big fan of the series.

Edited by Jason

My favorite games in the series are AC1, AC2, AC4 and the one I've recently played: Syndicate.

Even though each of these games improved one after another, they still couldn't get some things right. Most notably the combat and leveling system. Neither of those ever felt satisfying to me in any AC game. If they can finally nail those aspects in Origins I would be very happy.

And from the looks of things, it seems they did. Looks like Origins is going to be the most ARPG-ish Assassins Creed game ever. Completely new combat system with a more in-depth leveling system. Yes please!

ClaudeSpeed1911

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388529

All new info: • Started working on game before unity • Brand new fighting system • New A.I. • No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top • No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick • Crouching is back • Story is being kept a secret • Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies • Takes place during the ascent and reign of cleopatra • You can climb everything in the game • Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria • The controllable eagle leak was true • NPC's have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and "answer the call of nature" • Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger • A.I. does not take turns to attack • New combat system is more hit-box driven • As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed • Left shoulder button is lock on • There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins) • Stat element of customization is removed • New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials • Leveling system that has a level cap of 40 • Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret • There are legendary items to loot in the game • You can add blocked arrows to your inventory • You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade • Buttons for free-running up and down are removed • Puzzles are back but more challenging and less switches • Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter) • There are gladiator battles in arenas"

This is the most hyped I got for a game from Ubisoft, please don't f*ck this up.

• Like 4

I just really, really want to scale the great pyramids at Giza and explore their inner chambers.

epic.

• Like 4

Leftist Bastard

No more sprinting button? honest to god sounds terrible but otherwise this sounds super, super great. Especially revamped combat.

• Like 1

ShadowPerson

I have a random doubt about a possible future AC´s game.

In a near future the next game will be during or just mere months before World War I. How will be responsable of the murder of the Archduke? Who will be who?

Franz Ferdinand will be a secret templar and the Black Hand are part of the Assassin´s group? or viceversa?

HaythamKenway

Good. Very good. Late Ptolemaic era confirmed, thankfully.

The changes to sprinting and remapping fighting controls will take some time to get used to, I guess. How is freerunning supposed to work now that the dedicated buttons are removed? Does Bayek just run into a wall and start climbing? How does climbing down work? I hope we're not in for another streamline of climbing, god knows they've dumbed it down enough already. Free customization without stats - that's another place where the leaks contradict themselves, because upgrading and legendary loot were also confirmed. Does all gear start with the same base level and you have to upgrade it a certain way yourself then, kinda like in AC IV? I like the idea. I hope the customization is also as broad and extensive as Unity's. Syndicate's outfits were an unfortunate downgrade.

Hidden blade is not a 1HKO - on one hand, it looks like it feeds into the devs' increased focus on the predatory strategic play (really curious about the mentions of taming animals, laying traps and bait etc.), on the other I wish they kept it as it is. It's a trademark weapon, no need to marginalize it further. Maybe that upgrade system will fix it. By the way, the character upgrading system seems to be lifted from Far Cry. If they really need to be doing it again, I just wish it'll finally have a purpose and not feel tacked on (Syndicate) or restrictive (Unity). AC shouldn't bother with the RPG character building at all, in my opinion, and be more mechanically driven, but if they are doing it, then they should go full RPG and actually do something with it and not just waste time with this wishy washy not-here-nor-there attitude. That does nothing but add more redundant systems on top of an already overstretched game that doesn't need them.

Digging the Eagle Vision nerf and the changes to the minimap. I'll probably just turn it off altogether again, but it's a step in the right direction. I'll wait to see the combat in action before judging, but from the leak, it does sound like a hodgepodge of TES, Arkham and Dark Souls... okay, why not. TOMBS ARE BACK, FINALLY, SIX YEARS, SIX YEARS UBISOFT! The rest I like and don't really feel like commenting on too much. NPCs tuned into the day/night cycle, ridable camels, strong focus on archery, plenty of animals (lions and hippos!) with better AI... all good stuff.

The leaks did confirm my expectations of The Elder Scrolls: Assassin Edition, with the preview mostly focusing on the exploration aspect of the game. And I quite like the sound of it all. It's the story, stealth, the mission design, the side content, those are the crucial questions hanging in the air. Looking forward to more information.

Edited by HaythamKenway
  • Like 3

Nice details I'm reading from the GI cover story. It looks like that the game has been revamped from the core. It will be the first AC game since Brotherhood that I will put my eyes on, hoping for an experience worth playing especially since RDR2 has slipped from this year to 2018.

Edited by Jabalous

Adam Jensen

All of that info actually sounds promising. Good job, Ubi. Now if you don't f*ck it up we can do business.

• Like 1

Sonny_Black

Yeah, lets wait the e3 demo! Sounds good anyways

Edited by anthony

BenMitchell90

Wow... it's everything I wanted. Everything. And all the new gameplay changes and adjustments sound promising too, so long as they don't f*ck it up. Ubi has a... shaky history when it comes to introducing brand new things (AC I, Watch Dogs 1, Far Cry 2, AC III, AC Unity - and I like all those games, but they all have problems), so it could go either way I guess. Fingers crossed that they knock it out of the park (I mean, it's the AC IV guys, after all), but even if they fumble, I'll still absolutely love exploring Egypt.

EDIT - How could I forget this? I love how the trailer just seems like typical AC territory, and then at the end SURPRISE GIANT F*CKING SNAKE. Which... doesn't seem terribly historically accurate. Maybe it's a vision or something? I dunno. Either way, I'm fine with it. A big-ass snake isn't really that much more fantastical than all the First Civilization stuff IMO. And after all, there was that giant squid Ezio found in the catacombs of Venice. :p

Anyway, I beat Brotherhood and its DLC, and I think I finally love it as much as most other people do. I mean, I've always liked it, but with reservations (I still have some, the introduction of optional objectives and those damn shop quests), but this time it really clicked and I embraced it wholeheartedly. I do think it's kinda funny how AC III, probably the most polarizing game in the series, is a game I pretty much loved since I first played through it, while Brotherhood, a fan favorite, was a grower for me. Funny how things work out sometimes.

So now I'm on Revelations, and I've forgotten how amazing Constantinople is. It's just such an awesome and unique setting, and playing Ezio as a badass older guy is so cool. I'm still fairly early in, but I can't wait to experience the rest. It's been so long since I've played it that it's almost like a brand new game.

Edited by Wu-Tang Forever
  • Like 4

It annoys me how the protagonist has a ring finger and a hidden blade

cec1e2dbaa639d5010549ec2e57d57b6.png

You had to have your finger removed in order to use the hidden blade until Altair changed its design after the events of AC1.

Ubisoft doesn't even know their lore lol

• Like 2

VPIctxw.png

Leftist Bastard

I like the concept behind the combat i'm just hoping they refine the way enemy AI reacts to being hit. That big guy just tanking through our main character's attack really threw me off. It really takes away the weight off those hits but i'm glad they're trying something new with the combat.

chronic lumbago

Egypt looked sexy and the gameplay changes are more than welcome. It has more of a RPG feel to it, I think.

The voice actor sounds a little lame though.

ClaudeSpeed1911

It annoys me how the protagonist has a ring finger and a hidden blade

cec1e2dbaa639d5010549ec2e57d57b6.png

You had to have your finger removed in order to use the hidden blade until Altair changed its design after the events of AC1.

Ubisoft doesn't even know their lore lol

Could be he cuts it after he fully upgrades it.

Looks amazing, everything I wanted them to do and I really love the way Egypt looks. According to the rumors we will get 2 games with Bayek that has him go to Greece and Rome so I could see them using this formula for 2 more games atleast. Hopefully Japan or China is next.

Sunrise Driver

Extra 2 games in ancient times? Pls no.

Edited by Street Mix

the more ancient settings the better.

most mainstream games on the market are post-1900.

Assassin's Creed is one of only a handful of series which isn't afraid to tackle exotic locations deep into human history.

if it were up to me, AC games wouldn't even have the modern-day elements. there would be no Desmond. there would be no dicking around in white polished laboratories hacking through people's emails. I don't even need the stupid plot about the stupid 'ones who came before' or the stupid animus machines. I just want to roam around in the past and explore civilizations that haven't existed for centuries. that's all I want to do lol.

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 5

Adam Jensen

It looks amazing. But this being a Ubisoft game, I take every pixel with a grain of salt. They don't just downgrade graphics, they tend to do the same with every aspect of their games by the time they hit the shelves. But I am cautiously optimistic.

chronic lumbago

Agreed with El Diablo. Syndicate's London was almost the limit and I wouldn't want the series to go much further in time than that. While the short WW1 segment was nice, everyone knows about WW1 and 2 and I wouldn't like a full AC game based on those. Going back to history, learning about the wars, huge personalities and other struggles is what makes AC games great.

Modern day AC plot is bad and boring.

All I know about Egypt's history is the acient Egypt stuff so I'm happy I'm going to learn something new and exciting in Origins.

most mainstream games on the market are post-1900.

Assassin's Creed is one of only a handful of series which isn't afraid to tackle exotic locations deep into human history.

if it were up to me, AC games wouldn't even have the modern-day elements. there would be no Desmond. there would be no dicking around in white polished laboratories hacking through people's emails. I don't even need the stupid plot about the stupid 'ones who came before' or the stupid animus machines. I just want to roam around in the past and explore civilizations that haven't existed for centuries. that's all I want to do lol.

Agreed.

Me personally, I could of done without Desmond or the Animus from day one. I never gave a sh*t about Desmond or why he was chosen, I just wanted to be a bad ass assassin. I understand it fleshed out the story more, but I could of done without it.

Edited by LittleBlueTroll
  • Like 1

SIG-2.jpg

Sunrise Driver

I don't want AC: Primal. I don't mind Greece or Rome but not right after Egypt. They should mix them. To have China/Korea/Japan/India as mentioned.

Adam Jensen

I don't want AC: Primal. I don't mind Greece or Rome but not right after Egypt. They should mix them. To have China/Korea/Japan/India as mentioned.

Rome and Greece would be freakin' amazing. Just imagine having Athens, Corinth and Sparta in a single game. The only problem is that the Assassins didn't exist back then. And the problem with Rome is that a lot of historically fun stuff that players would want to witness happened before and during Cleopatra's reign. And once again, no Assassin brotherhood. There's still plenty of good stuff to do in the Roman Empire later on, though.

• Like 2

chronic lumbago

Rome and Greece would be freakin' amazing. Just imagine having Athens, Corinth and Sparta in a single game. The only problem is that the Assassins didn't exist back then. And the problem with Rome is that a lot of historically fun stuff that players would want to witness happened before and during Cleopatra's reign. And once again, no Assassin brotherhood. There's still plenty of good stuff to do in the Roman Empire later on, though.I wouldn't mind an AC without the actual AC brotherhood. They could easily go to the Caesar/Cleopatra timeline and give us an early prototype to a similar organization.

The Bortherhood became somewhat restricting in some of the titles. I mean, Syndicate did a decent job with the brother/sister conflict whether to stay true to the order or not, but the game could've done well without it. In Black Flag, you're a pirate and the Brotherhood thing is secondary.

I love the idea of Sparta, Rome and hell, throw Egypt in as well. It would be nice how Egypt has evolved when looking back to Origins Egypt. The franchise has still unlimited potential but restricts itself too much with it's brotherhood lore. The only limit is history itself.

Edit: I got an idea. How about current day era gets replaced with a Brotherhood assassin of the past, who tries to discover an ancestors past? That way, the brotherhood is still there, in the past-future.

Edit2: Obviously there's no Animus so how about the future assassin finds a hidden libary to uncover the truth of the past, way before the Brotherhood even existed? These books will be the doors to the sequences is the Cleopatra era, written by the main protag himself.

Good reason to finally get rid off the futuristic HUD.

Edited by fashion
  • Like 1

HaythamKenway

I enjoyed this ViDoc far more than the actual demo last night. I think they kind of undersold the game with a barebones infiltration/assassination scenario, when the presentation should have had more oomph and showcase the open world aspect of the game better, since that's what the game's focus lies. It didn't have all the novelty of AC III's or Unity's demos in 2012 and 2015, respectively. Hopefully we'll get something more comprehensive and indicative of the game's true scope tonight.

As for the sequels, according to the early leak for then-Empire (which was confirmed to be legit) Ubisoft are planning two direct sequels to Origins, in Greece and Rome. I can see them starting off here with Bayek and then following through the years, as the codified Brotherhood spreads through Mediterranean, all the way to Caesar's assassination and the battle of Philippi in retelling of the Brutus side story from Brotherhood. I'd like an exploration of the theme touched upon in Black Flag, how there were movements in the New World following similar philosophies as the Assassins before the Europeans arrived. It would be neat if we got to meet the Greek proto-Assassins and the Roman Liberalis Circulum and see just how different they were from whatever Bayek's Brotherhood was and to see them all come together and form the unified Assassins as we know them today.

One minor nitpick I have is that I don't think the Brotherhood should use the Assassin moniker already. That should have started with the Levantines, period. Come up with a different name for the organization, we'd get it. As it is, it just feels thrown in for brand reasons. I also wonder how they are going to handle things like the "invention" of the hidden blade, the understanding and mastery of the Eagle sense and everything else, since that was all a thing way before the events of this game. Who knows. They've been playing fast and loose with the lore for a fair couple of years now and while I like consistency, I prefer having a good story first and foremost. If they want to erase the canon, they can. Just make sure the replacement is worth it.

Edited by HaythamKenway
  • Like 3

Leftist Bastard

Direct sequels with Bayek or sequels akin to the Kenway trilogy is the question for me, right now. Will we follow interconnected events with different characters or a singular journey akin to Ezio?

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.