1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Quick question about Savage Helicopter

ThaBirdCoot

Hey guys, just wanted to know if this is new. I've recently acquired a Savage from Pegasus but been using it only on a few occasions. So, to my question. When you hold down the fire button ( example: X for PS4) and at the same time switch from missiles to cannons it would appear that the missile timer is skipped and you can fire relentlessly.

New feature or as old as grand-ma's socks ?

Edit: It is not exactly handy as you loose a lot of precision in an already heavy chopper, but can be nice against big groups of enemies. I usually only use the cannons just so you know, so excuse me for my ignorance if this is totally normal.

Edited by SmellyFishBarrel

CaptainMental

Its a flying coffin imo...just slightly better than the joke called Annihilator.

But yea, I read before on this forum that Savage has no cooldown time for its missiles. I recently lost an air battle because of that feature, I was in a Buzzard.

God, I wish there was a way to get rid of worthless Pegasus stuff from the billionaire days...whenever I want my Hydra I have to browse through the most worthless crap this gamer ever saw... And while Im bitchin and moaning - homing rockets should only lock on to armed aircrafts, as much as fun as it is to blow two yokels doing a leisure trip in a rusty ol' Duster to smithereens I dont think Rockstar put the homing launcher for that purpose.

Hey guys, just wanted to know if this is new. I've recently acquired a Savage from Pegasus but been using it only on a few occasions. So, to my question. When you hold down the fire button ( example: X for PS4) and at the same time switch from missiles to cannons it would appear that the missile timer is skipped and you can fire relentlessly.

New feature or as old as grand-ma's socks ?

That would be an interesting question with regards to the Buzzard, but the Savage's missiles don't have a cooldown whatsoever and fire all the time. Or have I missed something?

So like firing really fast or firing like the buzzard without a cool down in between each two rockets? Because it's already like that.

But yea, I read before on this forum that Savage has no cooldown time for its missiles.

Oh, so it is toally normal feature I guess. I didn't know that since I've only ever used the Buzzard.

So like firing really fast or firing like the buzzard without a cool down in between each two rockets? Because it's already like that.

Slightly faster it would appear but I haven't run a timer on it to be honest with ya.

But yea, I read before on this forum that Savage has no cooldown time for its missiles.

Oh, so it is toally normal feature I guess. I didn't know that since I've only ever used the Buzzard.

Slightly faster it would appear but I haven't run a timer on it to be honest with ya.

I'll go test.

I'll go test.

Tried it on the Buzzard now because I was curious, but it doesn't produce the same results. So maybe it is just like Captain_Mental suggested and has to do with the cooldown period.

Sorry if this is a confusing topic but I am a total rookie as far as helis go.

I'll go test.

Tried it on the Buzzard now because I was curious, but it doesn't produce the same results. So maybe it is just like Captain_Mental suggested and has to do with the cooldown period.

Sorry if this is a confusing topic but I am a total rookie as far as helis go.

Yeah it doesn't effect it, you can fire just as fast by just using missiles and not switching between rapidly.

Edited by Mr_Zombly
  • Like 1

CarimboHanky

notice no difference

he just used to the buzzard cooldown

Edited by CarimboHanky
  • Like 2

notice no difference

he just used to the buzzard cooldown

Yeah, maybe it is just me. Like I said I'm kind of a newb with these things.

No worries, discovering a new helicopter can be a daunting task. I was so used to the Buzzard myself that when I first flew the Savage I would swoop down like I always do (gaining speed) only to crash in the ground due to how heavy it is. Now I can land it wherever it can fit and able to reduce the chance of flipping it over whenever the blade catches a tree or pole. The Savage has always had insta-fire rockets; just hold down the fire button and you'll be a one-man army. You can switch between rockets and cannon at will but I THINK you may need to press the fire button again but doubtful. Downside is the Savage doesn't have that great of an armor. The Buzzard takes on enemy weapon fire better, to be honest (against AI, have not tested against real players).

Still, I'd recommend the Savage if you like explosions and action movies.

• Like 3

Anyways, looks like my question's been answered, thank you for the replies. Mods can lock this topic now if they please.