4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Cruising just to drive

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Gnocchi Flip Flops

We're all car enthusiasts here, at least I think so. Most of the time I play GTA I'm driving. Recently I've been "grinding" to buy sh*t and all of that crap. I bought my Lynx amongst the chaos and used it during missions and heists. But today I finally had everything I wanted and a stable net worth and had nothing to do or worry about or want for. So I just drove around. No purpose, just driving and taking everything in.

Anybody here drive just to drive. I'm not talking speeding all over the place, just genuine cruising. Some might say I take it too far because I literally follow most of the rules of the road all of the way down to how to merge and stopping at (some!) stoplights. When I cruise I like to take things in and there are moments where it just feels surreal and you just get sucked into the world and it all feels real from the music to the car to the sights you're looking at. I had one of those taking the freeway up to the Great Ocean Highway today and it was pretty great. It's a great combination to love cars, driving, architecture and nature because they all kind of blend together when you cruise.

Anybody else here do that? And if so, what's your favorite cruising vehicle?

I favor the Lynx and the Contender. The Contender is an odd one because it's kind of a do all vehicle and yet it feels so at home when cruising. The Lynx is my main car, I can't stop driving it because it's so fun but strangely, despite its brash attitude, it is my favorite cruising car.

Edited by Scaglietti
  • Like 5

I drive around just to drive around. It makes me procrastinate, but I just drive around more than half the time I'm on until I'm bored and get off. Then most if the time I get back on in 10 minutes or so and do it again. Which sometimes ends in a war since douches feel like they want to kill me.

I do the stopping every so often, just stop and take it all in, but mostly I just drive. From slow to fast, I drive every way possible. Even driving on wrong side of the road. I'll drive from Los Santos International Airport to Paleto Bay, to the swamp neighboring the Fort Zancudo military base, all while listening to Imagine Dragons, Shinedown, Sam Hunt, Toby Keith, and a little VanLadyLove from my phone. Something about driving on GTA and listening to my phone makes things relaxing for me.

I usually drive my Phoenix:

C9b7ide.jpg

My Schwartzer:

JpNJsqn.jpg

My Zentorno (high risk sessions)( no pic yet),

My Tornado:

QjFwX1J.jpg

Every so often my Sabre GT:

ypxmg1S.jpg

and my Hakachou. (No pic either yet).

May seem a lot, but I like to just drive around a lot. It probably consists about 65% of my gaming time on GTA Online recently.

I'll be editing the post most likely Monday when I have access to the game.

Edited by wyanwn

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Pics of my cruising car:

28632620650_a4335b0da9_b.jpg

I've started playing in public lobbies and mostly stay in passive mode. It's interesting because you get to see what people are doing while safe in your car. I've never seen a car attract so much attention though. Nobody else drives a Lynx though it seems.

Los Santos has a totally different vibe at night. I can't tell you how amazing it is to go for night drives around town. All of the different lights and vibes. Just nice.

Edited by Scaglietti

The Lynx and 770 have been my go to drivers as of late with the Tyrus making an occasional appearance when I want to blast around at top speed.

Driving around is one of the things I enjoy most in the game but also one of the things I fall back on when I have nothing specific I want or need to do in the game at the moment.

I never bother to attempt to abide by the rules of the road but can't fault anyone else for enjoying it, especially now that we have FP mode as well which really enhances the feeling of being in the place (the setting of the game) and not just controlling a thing within this space.

The roads in this game are just not technical or interesting enough to follow speed limits and rules. I like to drive around the hills with the fancy houses but compared to the real canyons there is hard anything to slow you down in the game.

One of my new favorites for cruising is the Lynx.

Others include Furore GT, Pigalle, Bestia GTS, Buccaneer Custom, Seven-70, Stirling GT, Dubsta II, just off the top of my head.

• Like 2

Gnocchi Flip Flops

The roads in this game are just not technical or interesting enough to follow speed limits and rules. I like to drive around the hills with the fancy houses but compared to the real canyons there is hard anything to slow you down in the game.

Well I don't drive slow, that's for sure. That's one road rule I rarely ever follow. I drive kind of realistic but like somebody who drives like an asshole with a fast car irl. Tailgating, speeding, sharp turns, etc.

Before going on holiday, I've been cruising a lot on my choppers around the entire map - mostly Paleto Bay and Blaine County. Mainly the Cliffhanger (since buying a house in Paleto Bay) and the Hexer. Hopefully with the speculated Biker DLC we'll get the larger variety of choppers from TLAD, I'd be more than happy to cruise around on either the Angel or Diabolous.

• Like 1

Before going on holiday, I've been cruising a lot on my choppers around the entire map - mostly Paleto Bay and Blaine County. Mainly the Cliffhanger (since buying a house in Paleto Bay) and the Hexer. Hopefully with the speculated Biker DLC we'll get the larger variety of choppers from TLAD, I'd be more than happy to cruise around on either the Angel or Diabolous.

I tend to forget about the bikes as I enjoy sport bikes primarily and have felt completely underwhelmed with the representation of those in the game so far. The Bati is great but the lack of customization (how do they make separate exhaust for the livery version but not allow you to apply it to the standard?!) kills it for me for cruising. Another example is the Ruffian, you can mod the sh*t out of that bike compared to the Bati, why can't you do that for all of the bikes?

This Cliffhanger is the only non sport bike (outside of the Enduro) I own and I enjoy cruising around on that but even then it should have had the foot controls placed further back lol.

I guess as someone that owns a motorcycle I'm a bit more critical of them in the game than I am of the cars.

One last gripe, not a specific bike but bike specific. Since the CS update I noticed my dude sits weirdly when on a bike a lot of the time, like one arm is held slightly higher than the other (left arm), really bugs me.

Back on topic, the Warrener is another one of my fav (although neglected I admit) cruisers, really love the way you can save it from almost any potential fishtail or spinout.

StuntCurry707

bro I've been cruisin with Claude since GTA3 haha..I just logged in and I don't feel like doing anything..gonna play some music and drive my purple Tropos around. Usually my sessions are grind VIP stuff..hotlap some racetracks, cruise to my nearest crib, shower, lie in bed then log off..rinse and repeat. My favorite cars are my Ruiner, Schwartzer, Oracle, and my Marty McFly Rebel 👍

my Marty McFly Rebel 👍

Lucky you. I regret not duping the one with the exact same body mods when it was possible. Edited by iamcornholio

I do grind much , but I cruise from time to time , too , and I like it , especially when I buy a new car , just to get the feeling. I love the map , too , so cuising is definitely enjoyable !

I do enjoy cruising especially with my 811, it s a bit too fast for cruising but I do love the whole vibe of the car !

rB690kxuFUiOCiEnLASh1w_0_0.jpg

Edited by nido997
  • Like 2

Yep, I take a cruise every once in a while. The biggest problem though is the actions of other players who try to kill you over and over. As long as I'm not in the city I am usually pretty safe. The city also feels much more alive to me if I am playing in story mode. I think this is mainly down to the inclusion of animals.

Thought I wad the only one who did this in the violent world that is GTA Online :) I have a house up in Paleto, and cruising to and from that house and the city is one of my favourite ways to pass time in the game. Also enjoy taking my cars and bikes up to the vineyard every once in a while, which has such beautiful views and details.

My current cruising fleet consists of the following:

-Shafter V12 (Can't hate that V12 sound)

-Bestia GTS (A practical Grotti, what's not to love?)

-Baller LWB (Non-armoured, like the feel & looks)

-Grotti Carbon (Sound is orgasmic xD)

-Windsor Drophead (Nice to have a luxurious boat)

-Dinka Thrust (Perfect cruising bike)

-Pegassi Ruffian (Perfect all-around bike imo)

Also used to have a Cog Cabrio + Exemplar which I loved to cruise around in. As soon as I get back from vacation, I plan to buy a Massacro as my newest daily/cruiser. (Apologies about the blandness of this post, can't post any pics)

• Like 1

Arrows to Athens

The Brawler is a gorgeous car to cruise in. Quick acceleration, especially with the rev boost, very good top speed, aggressive look, and unique sound. The brakes are atrocious, and you get some under-steer here and there, but they can be manageable once you get used to the car's driving style. A lot of the time, players, even in super cars, struggle to keep up. Oh, and it's the fastest off-roader in the game, so whenever I'm off-road, nobody's catching me any time soon, unless they have a Sanchez or the Brawler themselves. Mine has a clean look to it; it has the spare wheel at the back and a front bumper modification, which is just about it. It has a matte grey paint job, and I've kept the stock wheels. I personally hate how many people overdo the customisation on the Brawler.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Yep, I take a cruise every once in a while. The biggest problem though is the actions of other players who try to kill you over and over. As long as I'm not in the city I am usually pretty safe. The city also feels much more alive to me if I am playing in story mode. I think this is mainly down to the inclusion of animals.

That's why I go passive most of the time. I don't mind cruising Online because I hate traffic AI anyway. The less, the better. Plus night time feels more real because there are less cars on the road. It annoys me to see a lot of traffic at 3AM in the morning, it should be near empty.

I agree with you, the traffic is definitely not spawning at the most appropriate times. The repetitive traffic is also not helping it feel realistic. I think that newer DLC cars should be added to increase the variety.

Some of my favourite cruising vehicles:

Buccaneer - First personal vehicle, sounds great, quick, an uncommon choice.

Sultan RS - Looks good, quick, handles well.

811 - Performs well, looks great.

Fränken Stange - Sounds fantastic, quick, handles well, quite a rare sight.

Edited by JGA_Gaming

I cruise around too,almost all the time.I get in invite only,make at least $50000 (I usually do a few missions, steal and sell a car to LSC, maybe do daily challenges, deliver a vehicle to Simeon, rob a store or do some solo races...),and then when I made enough money for a day I just take one of my vehicles (usually a motorcycle,but sometimes a car instead) and cruise around the map.One of my favorite places for cruising is Route 68,especially if I'm riding a chopper bike or driving a classic car.

Smooth Longsack

I love driving the whole highway circuit in anything from my chrome faggio to the etr1. Speaking of the etr, that is the most insanely fun car to drive in freemode. Nothing handles the crazy los santos npc traffic like that sucker. I also derive great pleasure from choosing an oddball vehicle and doing my usual stuff.

I love cruising in the Furore GT;

But also love cruising in the Stirling GT and the Vacca.

Barring the race cars and the two armored cars, all of my cars are for cruising in one form or another.

I don't necessarily follow road rules, but basically every non-workhorse/race/collection car that stayed in my garage for long are still there because they're fun to cruise around in.

Here are my recent (or not-so-recent) favorites: (Pic heavy)

xacP1d1.jpg

irUMnv8.jpg

f9Tdx1q.jpg

ldLDU7u.jpg

X3CrO8Y.jpg

CNpGDE7.jpg

gANa7cL.jpg

le7XX3v.jpg

Edited by Mattoropael
  • Like 2

l Marksman God l

I cruise a lot and I only buy cool cars to drive around, I've never bought a car just because it's a good racer, couldn't care less about races. Also, the coolest vehicles to drive around are normally not good at racing, which makes them kinda unique in freemode, not overused like the T20 or the ETR1.

I cruise a lot and I only buy cool cars to drive around, I've never bought a car just because it's a good racer, couldn't care less about races. Also, the coolest vehicles to drive around are normally not good at racing, which makes them kinda unique in freemode, not overused like the T20 or the ETR1.

Couldn't agree more. Most of my cruisers are slow, and that's what make them great cars to ride around the map in! You take everything in, appreciate the "nature", stuff like that. Out of all of my cars, I've only really considered how the car performs in races as an actual factor once - with my Tyrus. Most of my cars won't be found in Johnny Ricer's garage (aka the majority of GTA:O), simply because they don't win races. I love that about them, because in the rarest occasion that I see another player in the same "rare" car I'm in, it's almost like we instantly become buddies! Assuming neither of us pulls a sticky bomb on the other..

Eg. By the time I had bought a Vapid Bullet, I had only seen one other Bullet owned by someone else - sure it's the slowest super, and sure you can get faster cars for the price, but till this day it still remains one of the best cruisers you can buy.

• Like 1

Gnocchi Flip Flops

^ Yeah my favorite types of cars are usually GT's - though the T20 is definitely my second favorite cruiser right behind the Lynx. GT cars usually are misunderstood. Gamers criticize them because they're not made to be track cars, even sportier "track" versions aren't that good on the track. What they are made for is style and cruising. The Lynx, Rapid GT, Bestia GTS. These cars are perfect for cruising. They're not racers but they are still very fun to drive, kind of fast at least and comfortable for speeding and cruising.

I don't cruise very often, but when I do I love to drive my Akuma in first person, especially on those hill roads.

It's incredibly fun, even though I don't like bikes in this game at all. Actually stopping at traffic lights too occasionally and only speeding and overtaking when it's safe.

• Like 2

I'm cruising in my Cognoscenti LWB quite often. It's one of my favorite cars since GTA 4 and so much fun to drive atleast for me. I don't think I have ever seen any other non armored Cognoscenti LWB besides mine, only armored ones from time to time or the 55, what gives it a unique and special feel if you drive one around. If you enter it in first person view you can hear the startup chime and not to forget it has noise-cancelling glass. It's also a very good choice to drive your CEO around. I would say, that it don't need to be a fast car to enjoy cruising around in, if you drive a car not everyone else drives, it can be the same fun.

Edited by Cognoscenti

l Marksman God l

Couldn't agree more. Most of my cruisers are slow, and that's what make them great cars to ride around the map in! You take everything in, appreciate the "nature", stuff like that. Out of all of my cars, I've only really considered how the car performs in races as an actual factor once - with my Tyrus. Most of my cars won't be found in Johnny Ricer's garage (aka the majority of GTA:O), simply because they don't win races. I love that about them, because in the rarest occasion that I see another player in the same "rare" car I'm in, it's almost like we instantly become buddies! Assuming neither of us pulls a sticky bomb on the other..

Eg. By the time I had bought a Vapid Bullet, I had only seen one other Bullet owned by someone else - sure it's the slowest super, and sure you can get faster cars for the price, but till this day it still remains one of the best cruisers you can buy.

True that, it's not that I don't buy a car that is good at racing; if I like it, I'll buy it. The Lynx is one of my favorites atm, and I've never seen one in freemode due to it being a sh*tty racer. Cars like the Warrener, Rat-Truck, Slamvan, Blackfin, Verlierer, Bullet are hella fun to drive around, and being unique.

• Like 2

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Yeah. I'm a bit addicted to the Lynx right now. It's like the Maseratis. Everybody hates on it for not being a racer and some even claim that it's not that unique. As an avid car lover and someone who tests all cars out often, I can't say any of that is true.

In a way it's great though. In free roam I am the only Lynx and cruising I do attract attention.

• Like 1

Stallion, Nightshade, Phoenix, Lurcher, Mamba. All freakin mint ! Edit forgot the Bison.

Edited by elfoam
  • Like 1