3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Neodymium

[WIP|V] MetaTool (ymt, ymap, ytyp)

Yard1

Hey guys, I have a problem. I tried to do something which seemed easy, but is not (at least for me). I wanted to replace what kind of car model spawns in a zone. I found the right ymap file, replaced the model name and recompiled it. However, the old vehicle model still spawns. When I remove the whole item, it doesn't spawn. Am I missing something?

ap1_03_strm_0.ymap

Pastebins (though idk if they help lol):

Original: http://pastebin.com/kSH6gEnJ

Edited: http://pastebin.com/kreMbUDw(police to police3)

NTAuthority

I also wonder how to put levels.ymt in gta5.meta or in content.xml (if possible), because it has to be done to load custom map.

Try loading one of these entries in your content.xml that is to be enabled during GROUP_STARTUP:

<Item>			<filename>dlc_liberty:/mounts.meta</filename>			<fileType>EXTRA_TITLE_UPDATE_DATA</fileType>			<disabled value="false" />					</Item>
And then have this mounts.meta in your DLC:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SExtraTitleUpdateData>	<Mounts>		<Item type="SExtraTitleUpdateMount">			<deviceName>platform:/</deviceName>			<path>dlc_liberty:/update_x64/</path>		</Item>		<Item type="SExtraTitleUpdateMount">			<deviceName>platformcrc:/</deviceName>			<path>dlc_liberty:/update_x64/</path>		</Item>	</Mounts>	</SExtraTitleUpdateData>
... and then have a dlc_liberty:/update_x64/data/levels.ymt.

I have no idea if the loading order for this makes any sense, but with a li'l luck it'll load this early enough to take effect.

Of course, if you need to modify dlclist.xml to load this DLC (did you?) you can also just put levels.ymt in the update:/x64/ folder, but I still believe that the game will load any DLC that it finds if placed in the right folder, but I'm just not sure if this folder is mounted to a disk location too. (EDIT: it doesn't seem to be, but x64w contains solely DLC packs - theoretically one could dump those into update/x64/dlcpacks/ - as they're already encrypted - and have x64w be replaced by people with a bootstrap RPF that sets up additional data to be loaded - to be investigated :) it'd be nice to load things without any plugins at all, just for purity and giving OIV crew a bit of a 'hah, it can be different anyway')

(EDIT2: of course x64/ is still mounted as the LOWER level folder in platform:/, so any files that don't exist in there will be redirected to game/x64/ as a folder - but of course as x64w contains platform:/dlcPacks/ this will be the first one returned for that purpose. so, theoretically we could corrupt/dummy out x64w to force the game to load x64/dlcpacks/ in the game folder, and put DLC there to be auto-loaded, including the STANDARD last-gen DLC and any repacked properly-encrypted new DLC.)

Edited by NTAuthority

_CP_

OK, I'll try it today, I'm investigating why lower entry is working and why upper one is invalid.

http://pastebin.com/eJUHAkcu

caseSensitive, f*ck

Edited by _CP_

nkjellman

-With add on maps, you can try and make them the way Rockstar adds maps to GTA Online. This way would require the user to be playing with the Online maps enabled though, which I think most people who have mods in SP are doing anyways. Though its worth pointing out that the Online maps do have more data, so they may fit less custom map data. In this case, the user would install it similar to installing an add on car. They would edit the dlclist.xml, and quite likely have to install a custom gameconfig.xml (ultimately making their game unstable).

no it wouldn't require such? there's GROUP_MAP_SP as well for SP-only maps.

-With maps that replace the entire SA map, I suppose the gta.meta and images.meta would have to be included.

override levels.ymt from a extraupdate mount to override platform:/

-With maps that replace parts of GTA V's map, obviously those would just replace existing files that are being modified along with any additional files. For example, a map mod which improves North Yankton.

actually possible using the DLC system as well

Also, on a side note, I'm hoping for add on maps if we are talking about Liberty City from IV or Bullworth from Bully. But if we are speaking of adding maps from the 3D era or the Red Dead Redemption map, I would rather have those be replace maps. (Unless there is a RDR map that is modified to be in modern times with paved roads, modern buildings, and modern bridges, it could be combined.) But for LC, it would be better if the whole mod was an expansion to the normal game. But there may be limitations that must be cracked. I feel like GTA V has hard coded limitations that need cracking to have it be stable with custom gameconfig.xml files.

make sure to manage the heap size, at most, have a plugin that reallocates the heap.

it's possible to do this w/o openiv.asi even as there is presumably a way to re-encrypt RPF files given some computation to precalculate tables for reverse AES - the source repository for this tool has a proof-of-concept for this, but it'd need to work without depending on update.rpf to be modified.

I'm not sure how and if game could load custom maps via DLC, heists are mostly patching map on the fly, and firstly, it requires a native to load MP map.

MP map bits are GROUP_MAP_MP, the game by default loads GROUP_MAP_SP, which is normally empty as SP DLC never came out.

What you're saying sounds very interesting. It just gave me an idea.

Would it be possible to modify this so we can swap cities? So GROUP_MAP_MP would have Los Santos (from Online), and GROUP_MAP_SP would have Liberty City from GTA IV. So everything in LS would be invalidated when GROUP_MAP_SP is loaded, so we could essentially swap cities. Then we would have a script where we can simulate travel between the two locations. There is only 1 problem with this idea. We can swap out the map, paths, and so on, but what we don't know is if we can swap out the water. I suppose a work around would be to have one surface of water covering the whole map, but that would flood anything below sea level, and pools and lakes above sea level would be empty. But back when I was making IV TC's compatible with EFLC, when IV SA had the GTA III Rage demo, I found out that I could have different water.dat files by making the stock one have no water, and loading the one I need via the DLC files. Also, a few moths back, I found a cheat engine table that was able to remove most of the water. If it can be done with cheat engine, I'm sure it can be done here. It is sorta like how in GTA Underground, they swap the timecyc for different cities.

BlackScout

It sounds more logical to me to load everything on the same region and stuff...

(I don't know how possible because of limits)

EncryptedReality

Seems that i can't get LOD's working fully correct, objects just stack on top of each other, don't know what's wrong, i believe my parentIndex is correct and linking is fine but also they don't reflect on cars, only on water... but without any LOD's nothing reflects.

I took aircraft carrier as an example because it's a most simple map part with LOD's and they reflect, but my replication failed to take effect in-game even though everything is fine... maybe something in YMAP or YTYP gets converted wrong... SLOD2 in hei_carrier is the one that reflects

This is important because we won't have decently streamed maps without those SLOD's and it will lag like this and perhaps even crash like this: https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/grand-theft-auto-v-liberty-city-gta-iv

Edited by GTARandom

_CP_

Yeah, reflections are tricky, maybe it depends in other parameters in YTYP that we don't know? Or lodDist in YMAP is used for refs? Interesting.

Did you try to put a map via DLC? Maybe we should think about cooperation or so?

Edited by _CP_

EncryptedReality

Yeah, reflections are tricky, maybe it depends in other parameters in YTYP that we don't know? Or lodDist in YMAP is used for refs? Interesting.

Did you try to put a map via DLC? Maybe we should think about cooperation or so?

I have tried to put it via DLC and yeah, i'd be down to cooperate.

Edited by GTARandom

NTAuthority

you can decompile the original map files as always. alpha testing I also still don't know how to enable, I had to patch something in Cfx to allow the flag to work at all (one of them should be '31', the other should have a flag set, but even if doing both alphatesting doesn't work due to something ingrained deeply into the render system, though not related to the model file at all)

EncryptedReality

Tutorial about how to run a map via DLC

1) Edit levels.ymt like so:

Hhdbvcn.png

Add your own path to your own folder on the disk, just make sure that the byte count is the same as original and that you don't overwrite any bytes not intended for the path which is 37 bytes

2) Add your DLC to the list in dlclist.xml(the update version) like so:

<Item>dlcpacks:\yourdlcname\</Item>

3) In extratitleupdatedata.meta add this:

<Item type="SExtraTitleUpdateMount"> <deviceName>yourdlcname:/</deviceName><path>D:/development/temp/</path>  <!--This line is a path to your DLC folder to mount, do not include this in your meta file--></Item>

4) Make a new folder in update/x64/dlcpacks/yourdlcname

5) Make a new RPF archive in yourdlcname folder and add put setup2.xml and in it add this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SSetupData>  <type>EXTRACONTENT_TU_PACK</type>  <deviceName>TitleUpdateDLC</deviceName>  <datFile>content.xml</datFile>  <nameHash>TitleUpdate</nameHash>  <contentChangeSetGroups>	<Item>		<NameHash>GROUP_STARTUP</NameHash>		<ContentChangeSets>			<item>CCS_TITLE_UPDATE_DLC_PATCH</item>		</ContentChangeSets>		</Item>  	<Item>		<NameHash>GROUP_ON_DEMAND</NameHash>				<ContentChangeSets>			<item>CCS_TITLE_UPDATE_STARTUP</item>			<item>CCS_TITLE_UPDATE_STREAMING</item>			<item>CCS_TITLE_UPDATE_TEXT</item>			<item>CCS_TITLE_UPDATE_DLC_PATCH</item>			<item>CCS_TITLE_UPDATE_DLC_METADATA</item>			<item>CCS_TITLE_UPDATE_WEAPON_PATCH</item>					</ContentChangeSets>			</Item>  </contentChangeSetGroups>  </SSetupData>

6) At this step you must decide if you want to load original map from V or an empty scene in-game, if you want it empty just use the meta file which you must put in your dlc folder on the disk and if not then you should extract images to the same folder as dlc(recommended) and then set the path to your images.meta in your levelname.meta in this tutorial it's isl.meta

<Item> <xi:include href="D:/development/temp/dlc_meow/images.meta" xpointer="xpointer(/dataFiles)"/> <!--path to your images.txt--></Item>

7) Add your permanent ityp path that corresponds to ytyp(this is for levels without a ymap is my guess as it was in IV with just IDE and IMG):

<Item>   <filename>dlc_meow:/levels/yourytypname.ityp</filename>   <fileType>PERMANENT_ITYP_FILE</fileType>   <contents>CONTENTS_MAP</contents>   <installPartition>PARTITION_2</installPartition> </Item>

Also add RPF path in levelname.meta(if you don't intend to load your map with no original map):

<Item>  <filename>D:/development/temp/yourdlcname/levels/yourrpfname.rpf</filename>  <contents>CONTENTS_MAP</contents>  <fileType>RPF_FILE</fileType> <installPartition>PARTITION_2</installPartition></Item>	

Alternatively, this should work too if your folder is actually mounted properly by extratitleupdate.meta :

<Item>  <filename>yourdlcname:/yourdlcname/levels/yourrpfname.rpf</filename>  <contents>CONTENTS_MAP</contents>  <fileType>RPF_FILE</fileType> <installPartition>PARTITION_2</installPartition></Item>	

8) Test your new map in-game!

Do know though that this extends the loading time in the game, but in the end result is fine and it works for me!

And, as promised, some goodies:

Fix for dissappearing shadows in some areas and even perhaps objects i hex-edited and emptied heightmap.dat and fixed up some other files as well:

Download

MrGTAmodsgerman

@GTARandom

Is it possible to load the dlc like R* made mplowrider dlc map modification? This hard drive path comes not handy for downloaders.

Anyway to make a easier way like the mplowrider dlc?

6) At this step you must decide if you want to load original map from V or an empty scene in-game, if you want it empty just use the meta file which you must put in your dlc folder on the disk and if not then you should extract images to the same folder as dlc(recommended) and then set the path to your images.meta in your levelname.meta in this tutorial it's isl.meta

I am not getting it, extract the images to the folder of the dlc? So without to load it as RPF file?

then set the path to your images.meta in your levelname.meta in this tutorial it's isl.meta

Where do i have to create the levelname.meta?

<Item>
<xi:include href="D:/development/temp/dlc_meow/images.meta" xpointer="xpointer(/dataFiles)"/> <!--path to your images.txt-->
</Item>

Where it have to be? Which file? its confusing!

:monocle:

Anyways thank you for writing it

_CP_

@GTARandom
Local path? That's weird and complicated for distributing.
Anyway, message on skype is waiting for you.

MrGTAmodsgerman

:( I am still [email protected]_CP_ did he was go online on skype?

@GTARandom
Anyway, message on skype is waiting for you.

Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman

_CP_

Don't do it as DLC, it's not working for me.

MrGTAmodsgerman

But there is no other way i could try, everthing you tell me does'nt work and this tutorial here seems legit but its not handy and needs some edits, kinda confusing, some missing information

BlackScout

What am I supposed to do with the converted YMAP's and YTYP's from IV?

(And what kind of entry ARCHETYPE or ITYP for which?)

This is confuse. Also part 6 is kinda like "?".

@MrGTAmodsgerman

This! It's lacking a lot...

Edited by BlackScout

EncryptedReality

In part 6 i'm trying to say that if you want to build a map with original map intact(to ADD it to existing original LS/Blaine County map) use images.txt with levelname.meta and if not just use levelname.meta alone and don't even have images.txt in your folder in that case because levelname.meta loads rpf's too

Edited by GTARandom

MrGTAmodsgerman

In part 6 i'm trying to say that if you want to build a map with original map intact(to ADD it to existing original LS/Blaine County map) use images.txt with levelname.meta and if not just use levelname.meta alone and don't even have images.txt in your folder in that case because levelname.meta loads rpf's too

I try to do these steps again. Now i was getting this

RHruXOv.png

z3rTvNF.png

And just a pixelated minimap?! Wtf?

I haven't choose the complete new map way!

Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman

NTAuthority

@GTARandom

It's for development purposes, clearly. It should be possible to not specify a full HDD path as well as fiDeviceLocal uses the game root as base for those, or user:/ for Documents/Rockstar Games/GTA V/ - or a subfolder of it, unsure.

That's because the 'DLC-only' meta replacement was kind of an untested experiment - I seem to have missed you on Skype, so we couldn't do some further direct experimentation with it.

(And what kind of entry ARCHETYPE or ITYP for which?)

ARCHETYPE_FILE is a custom entry from Cfx, PERMANENT_ITYP_FILE seems to tag some #typ file to be loaded during load-time (and doesn't actually load the file at the path! it seems to strip the prefix and mark any .#typ with the same name as mentioned in a streaming RPF - or meta-based streaming registration from pgRawStreamer - to be loaded directly) as seems to be needed when mixing drawables and map files in the same streaming pack. Edited by NTAuthority

_CP_

How the SLODs are done?

For LC I did it as close as R*. Three files are needed to do this - areaname_metadata_number.YTYP, areaname.YMAP and areaname_strm_number.YMAP.

In areaname_metadata_number.YTYP (in my case - manhat_metadata_001.YTYP) you have to put an entry to LOD model:

<Item type="CBaseArchetypeDef">      <lodDist value="2000.0" />      <flags value="536870912" />      <specialAttribute value="0" />      <bbMin x="-23.4109" y="-20.2708" z="-104.795" />      <bbMax x="23.4109" y="20.4109" z="104.71" />      <bsCentre x="-2.09808e-005" y="0.00231552" z="-0.0424118" />      <bsRadius value="109.235" />      <hash_AD5D5B4C value="375.0" />      <name>lod_20a_mh1</name>      <textureDictionary>lod6_mh1</textureDictionary>      <hash_19471791 />      <drawableDictionary></drawableDictionary>      <hash_D3C717FC />      <hash_069004B2>enum_hash_5E2F6A14</hash_069004B2>      <assetName>lod_20a_mh1</assetName>      <extensions />    </Item>
In areaname.YMAP put your LOD model placement:

<Item type="CEntityDef">    <hash_A023A02C>lod_20a_mh1</hash_A023A02C>    <position x="-93.71191" y="-743.2771" z="107.0508" />    <rotation x="0" y="0" z="0" w="1" />    <flags value="1572888" />    <guid value="3800200077" />    <hash_9CA32637 value="1.0" />    <hash_10FB7C42 value="1.0" />    <parentIndex value="-1" />    <lodDist value="-1.0" />    <hash_CA974BCD value="250.0" />    <hash_6C8F1715>LODTYPES_DEPTH_SLOD1</hash_6C8F1715>    <hash_A687AC89 value="0" />    <hash_2691F019></hash_2691F019>    <extensions />    <hash_18C1D587 value="255" />    <hash_23C0E543 value="255" />    <hash_3C852527 value="0" />  </Item>
In areaname_strm_0.YMAP find a detailed model, and link it via parentIndex (first entry in areaname.YMAP is 0, second - 1, etc.)

<Item type="CEntityDef">    <hash_A023A02C>20a_mh1</hash_A023A02C>    <position x="-93.71191" y="-743.2771" z="107.0508" />    <rotation x="0" y="0" z="0" w="1" />    <flags value="1572868" />    <guid value="3800200077" />    <hash_9CA32637 value="1.0" />    <hash_10FB7C42 value="1.0" />    <parentIndex value="0" />    <lodDist value="-1.0" />    <hash_CA974BCD value="0.0" />    <hash_6C8F1715>LODTYPES_DEPTH_HD</hash_6C8F1715>    <hash_A687AC89 value="0" />    <hash_2691F019>enum_hash_73D556CB</hash_2691F019>    <extensions />    <hash_18C1D587 value="255" />    <hash_23C0E543 value="255" />    <hash_3C852527 value="0" />  </Item>
Don't forget to link a LOD YMAP at top of the areaname_strm_0.YMAP file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><CMapData>  <name>manhat01_strm_0</name>  <parent>manhat01</parent>
Finally, in _manifest.ymf link an YTYP file to a YMAP file.

<Item>      <hash_31AF439F>manhat01</hash_31AF439F>      <hash_6452A05B>hex_00000000</hash_6452A05B>      <hash_8FB42AE6>        <Item>manhat_metadata_001</Item>      </hash_8FB42AE6>    </Item>

EncryptedReality

Reflection and SLOD mystery resolved, now we can finally map V properly and SLOD2 is also included in this research outcome, that means it works properly too, so 3 sets of LOD's are already done :)

R* have used dummy reflection objects(which can be just a invisible box or merely just a polygon along with some specific flags).

For you guys i give you 2 revealed hashes, one is in ymap:

<hash_A687AC89 value="0" />where A687AC89 means drawableDictionary count in ydd files(how many objects are in ydd)

and the other in ytyp:

<hash_FC1FB6FB>sm_lod_slod3_children</hash_FC1FB6FB>where FC1FB6FB means drawableDictionary name that the object entry is located in

and finally, as was already pointed out by lunchxbles

<hash_75D215A1>sm_lod_slod2</hash_75D215A1>where 75D215A1 is textureDictionary entry

Anyway, enough of this boring research mumbo-jumbo, here're some pics:

gt1FEXm.png

qgDLtqE.png

27drYez.png

Edited by GTARandom

MrGTAmodsgerman

Wow nice dude, now please rework your tutorial here!

@GTARandom

_CP_

Works fine with YDR too?
These hashes for YTYP has to be added? I don't have them.

EDIT
Update your tool, entries for these hashes are named correctly.

Edited by _CP_

Neodymium

I uploaded a new version of the tool.

The changes are:

- Added names for fields that were unknown in ymf files

- You can now convert RBF xxx.ymt files to xxx.ymt.rbf.xml, but you cannot convert it back to RBF yet.

gtxd.ymt is an example of an RBF file. You can just rename the xml file to ymt and replace the RBF of your game by the xml file the same way it works for carcols.ymt. I only tested this for gtxd, it will probably not work for all RBF files.

MrGTAmodsgerman

The changes are:

- You can now convert RBF xxx.ymt files to xxx.ymt.rbf.xml, but you cannot convert it back to RBF yet.

gtxd.ymt is an example of an RBF file. You can just rename the xml file to ymt and replace the RBF of your game by the xml file the same way it works for carcols.ymt. I only tested this for gtxd, it will probably not work for all RBF files.

NICe dude! Keep it up!

nkjellman

The changes are:

Keep up the good work. By any chance, would you know when PSO will be included?

Neodymium

The changes are:

I dont know yet when I will have time to implement full pso support. In which pso files are you interested?

NTAuthority

it will probably not work for all RBF files.

I'm wondering - what other RBF files even existed in the game?

nkjellman

The changes are:

I dont know yet when I will have time to implement full pso support. In which pso files are you interested?

The two that I'm interested in are peds.ymt and pedpersonality.ymt.

If pedpersonality.ymt is cracked, I can fix the broken action mode and stealth animations correctly for all peds without modifying their personality parameter. If peds.ymt is cracked, I can fix it for peds, but I need to change their personality. That would affect how AI behave, so I would just do it for the Freemode Male.

I am not sure about which of the two files it is, but I believe that one of them may contain a flag that will make the vehicle's headlights cast shadows when that ped is driving it. Right now, the headlight shadows only work on vehicles that the player is in, or vehicles that Michael, Trevor, and Franklin sit in. I believe that this flag also is related to weapon flashlights too as I noticed the flashlights on weapons don't cast shadows when AI have them. So, I may be able to apply this flag to all of the peds. That way all of the vehicles will cast shadows from their headlights thus making the game look much nicer. It may need a more powerful graphics card though. I am not sure how the draw distance for these shadows works seeing as by default, they only work for the three protagonists and the player.

If these two files were cracked, I feel like the people working on AI improvement mods like Crime/Enforcement Re Balance and Enhancement could also improve their mods further.

If you did implment PSO support for these two files, it would be absolutely fantastic.

Edited by nkjellman