3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Neodymium

[WIP|V] MetaTool (ymt, ymap, ytyp)

NTAuthority

Surprisingly, FiveM's converted collisions crashed the game.

yeah they don't have BVHs generated as I controlled the loader anyway and that was a future concern - normally I'd export/import with OpenIV but somehow that corrupts a bunch of Cfx ybn files even though Cfx wbn files round-tripped fine. contacted GooD but he seems too salty to reply as to why OIV f*cks up reading Cfx collision files.

(Cfx generates BVHs at load-time OH AND THAT'S WHY COLLISIONS TAKE AGES TO LOAD FOR PEOPLE LIKE AVAIL AND SUCH AS THAT HAPPENS ON THE MAIN THREAD AND SUCH AND NORMALLY PEOPLE USED OIV-PROCESSED FILES)

Edited by NTAuthority

_CP_

Oh, and still models are flickering under certain angles, I swear I removed all occluders, but it's happening.

lunchxbles

Oh, and still models are flickering under certain angles, I swear I removed all occluders, but it's happening.

If you only converted the models through FiveM there could be an issue inside the model. You can always open it in zmodeler and re-export it and it should fix that.

NTAuthority

oddly this doesn't happen for any of the converts I've tried, neither in Cfx itself or the actual game - but those might be heavily conservative rwtool converts.

If you only converted the models through FiveM there could be an issue inside the model. You can always open it in zmodeler and re-export it and it should fix that.

if zmod reexport quality is the same as IV that'll just break more sh*t; rather use OIV and batch-process boundaries in the drawables

_CP_

Zmodeler's YDR exported files has a problem with bugged shadow, it's somehow related to player's movement.

@NTA

Try to put a model here:

<position x="-283,7387" y="-100,4345" z="55,02703" />
EDIT

Did you use all files from "stripped" level?

Damn, it's still flickering, occluders aren't the reason. Maybe show us your gta5.meta and images.meta?

Better now, but still something is making all models disappear.

Edited by _CP_

BlackScout

@NTAuthority I wonder why NTS keeps looking this thread (he's been checking this, checked at least two times) and yet doesn't give help to anybody...

@_CP_ :O, that LC looks interesting!

If only we had GIMS V Export... ;-;

Edited by BlackScout

BlackScout

Drawables though... YDRs...

GooD-NTS

@NTAuthority I wonder why NTS keeps looking this thread (he's been checking this, checked at least two times) and yet doesn't give help to anybody...

And how exactly I mustcan help you?

(I've checked this thread and many others because OpenIV is mentioned here, and I can find it by keyword)

_CP_

yeah they don't have BVHs generated as I controlled the loader anyway and that was a future concern - normally I'd export/import with OpenIV but somehow that corrupts a bunch of Cfx ybn files even though Cfx wbn files round-tripped fine. contacted GooD but he seems too salty to reply as to why OIV f*cks up reading Cfx collision files.

nkjellman

And how exactly I mustcan help you?

(I've checked this thread and many others because OpenIV is mentioned here, and I can find it by keyword)

Out of curiosity, might what has been done here speed up ytyp and ymap support in OpenIV?

GooD-NTS

I did replied NTA's message when I got home.

We looked at collision he sent, but it wasn't clear why it works that way and requires more detailed investigation.

Out of curiosity, might what has been done here speed up ytyp and ymap support in OpenIV?

Unless this tool can write specific OpenIV code - no.

But, I guess this is useful for users who can work with map files.

Claude_Lib

Just got home and what I see? This is amazing!

nkjellman

@_CP_: Maybe try checking the DLC Packs.

_CP_

DLC? I'm not sure that game will load it as it should be.

NTAuthority

Even with unloaded map, farthest LOD is still visible while using certain timecycle modificators.

Rename the MO_* name in platform:/data/levels.ymt (use a hex editor?) so the matches in DLC don't load any level-specific data.

NTAuthority
my levels.ymt is better, it loads the whole world and inner RPFs from a folder on my HDD outside of any packfiles lol (with a little help from some entries loaded by update.rpf's DLC setup)

still wondering how this can be optimized, hoping on using the unfinished key lookup thing the author of this tool has in his code to make RPFs that the unmodified game can load to make self-loading DLC (if scanning non-dlclist items even works still? 'd be nice to not need openiv.asi) that adds a smallish map next to the base game world in the default gap... maybe one could even add an extra thing to platform:/ to make whole replacement levels as self-loading DLC that you just rename to remove... hmm

Edited by NTAuthority

Claude_Lib

my levels.ymt is better, it loads the whole world and inner RPFs from a folder on my HDD outside of any packfiles lol (with a little help from some entries loaded by update.rpf's DLC setup)

You mean this is possible to unpack everything from "common" and "x64" archives and load it the way GTA IV did? Wow, that's lovely.

_CP_

That's curious. How can we distribute map replacements?
1) add to update.rpf
2) add to one of the x64 archives (my retarded LC works in this way)
3) add as DLC
4) add as any other way (if exists).

gtxd.meta works fine, so <txdRelationships> are possible without gtxd.ymt.

or not, again

Edited by _CP_

Saunders420

83c69ebf16da3d040c252a25e6dda6fd.png

Am I the only one?

nope. same boat I noobed out. make sure you use the correct files. It Will work

Edited by Saunders420

_CP_

Read first post again.

nkjellman

1) add to update.rpf

3) add as DLC

or not, again

DLC is your best bet. I should let you know that the x64 archives have files overridden by the dlc packs, including the patchDayNg files. Even though you removed everything, the patch files could be messing you up.

-With add on maps, you can try and make them the way Rockstar adds maps to GTA Online. This way would require the user to be playing with the Online maps enabled though, which I think most people who have mods in SP are doing anyways. Though its worth pointing out that the Online maps do have more data, so they may fit less custom map data. In this case, the user would install it similar to installing an add on car. They would edit the dlclist.xml, and quite likely have to install a custom gameconfig.xml (ultimately making their game unstable).

-With maps that replace the entire SA map, I suppose the gta.meta and images.meta would have to be included.

-With maps that replace parts of GTA V's map, obviously those would just replace existing files that are being modified along with any additional files. For example, a map mod which improves North Yankton.

Also, on a side note, I'm hoping for add on maps if we are talking about Liberty City from IV or Bullworth from Bully. But if we are speaking of adding maps from the 3D era or the Red Dead Redemption map, I would rather have those be replace maps. (Unless there is a RDR map that is modified to be in modern times with paved roads, modern buildings, and modern bridges, it could be combined.) But for LC, it would be better if the whole mod was an expansion to the normal game. But there may be limitations that must be cracked. I feel like GTA V has hard coded limitations that need cracking to have it be stable with custom gameconfig.xml files.

_CP_

I'm not sure how and if game could load custom maps via DLC, heists are mostly patching map on the fly, and firstly, it requires a native to load MP map.

nkjellman

I'm not sure how and if game could load custom maps via DLC, heists are mostly patching map on the fly, and firstly, it requires a native to load MP map.

All of the added interiors, yacht, and carrier from Heists, Low Riders, Executive and Other Criminals, and Finance and Felony are added.

Also, when I did Heist Map Updates, I was able to add the yacht and carrier to the patchDay2NG file.

NTAuthority

-With add on maps, you can try and make them the way Rockstar adds maps to GTA Online. This way would require the user to be playing with the Online maps enabled though, which I think most people who have mods in SP are doing anyways. Though its worth pointing out that the Online maps do have more data, so they may fit less custom map data. In this case, the user would install it similar to installing an add on car. They would edit the dlclist.xml, and quite likely have to install a custom gameconfig.xml (ultimately making their game unstable).

no it wouldn't require such? there's GROUP_MAP_SP as well for SP-only maps.

-With maps that replace the entire SA map, I suppose the gta.meta and images.meta would have to be included.

override levels.ymt from a extraupdate mount to override platform:/

-With maps that replace parts of GTA V's map, obviously those would just replace existing files that are being modified along with any additional files. For example, a map mod which improves North Yankton.

actually possible using the DLC system as well

Also, on a side note, I'm hoping for add on maps if we are talking about Liberty City from IV or Bullworth from Bully. But if we are speaking of adding maps from the 3D era or the Red Dead Redemption map, I would rather have those be replace maps. (Unless there is a RDR map that is modified to be in modern times with paved roads, modern buildings, and modern bridges, it could be combined.) But for LC, it would be better if the whole mod was an expansion to the normal game. But there may be limitations that must be cracked. I feel like GTA V has hard coded limitations that need cracking to have it be stable with custom gameconfig.xml files.

make sure to manage the heap size, at most, have a plugin that reallocates the heap.

it's possible to do this w/o openiv.asi even as there is presumably a way to re-encrypt RPF files given some computation to precalculate tables for reverse AES - the source repository for this tool has a proof-of-concept for this, but it'd need to work without depending on update.rpf to be modified.

MP map bits are GROUP_MAP_MP, the game by default loads GROUP_MAP_SP, which is normally empty as SP DLC never came out.

1) add to update.rpf

3) add as DLC

as long as you can replace platform:/data/levels.ymt before it reads it, any way works. Filip (GTARandom) and I actually load maps nowadays by loading almost everything off a hardcoded on-disk folder, so far only modifying levels.ymt and in my case making a fake DLC to add a mountpoint.

or not, again

gtxd.#mt is actually not always even a PSO but just a RBF which is a lot closer to a real XML.

You mean this is possible to unpack everything from "common" and "x64" archives and load it the way GTA IV did? Wow, that's lovely.

yeah of course it is? only streaming files 'need' to be in RPFs like they 'needed' to be in IMGs back in IV. the only issue is the game by default only mounts RPF files under common:/ and platform:/, though there's some leftover parts of classical on-disk mounts.

I'll go and run some more experiments once I have some free time, I'm mostly busy with IRL sh*t lately - we have one shot to set precedent to do things the right way, or we'll be condemned with the wrong way forever.

_CP_

override levels.ymt from a extraupdate mount to override platform:/

extratitleupdatedata.meta and one entry about levels.ymt in dlc_patch/lovely/dlc.rpf?

gtxd.meta was used in mpheist, if R* put it there, probably works, but only via DLC.

Now the main problem is LOD linking [and .ydd files, (fivem converter don't touch them)] and converting IDE/OPL to YTYP/YMAP. indirivacua is working on this, but it's in a very early stage, maybe someone could help?

Edited by _CP_

NTAuthority

extratitleupdatedata.meta and one entry about levels.ymt in dlc_patch/lovely/dlc.rpf?

if the DLC pack folder scanning actually loads setup2 one could add an extratitleupdate-style meta to mount a folder on top of platform:/ so it'd load your levels.ymt instead

gtxd.meta was used in mpheist, if R* put it there, probably works, but only via DLC.

both are the same meta entry and they all aprse to the same structs

Now the main problem is LOD linking [and .ydd files, (fivem converter don't touch them)] and converting IDE/OPL to YTYP/YMAP. indirivacua is working on this, but it's in a very early stage, maybe someone could help?

drawable dictionaries aren't really needed to work, you can just put them on-disk as separate .#dr temporarily if you manage to split them first (or modify the converter code - all the structs are there already :p )

LOD linking works the same except this time the parent map file is explicitly named in the global fwMapData

_CP_

I was surprised when I saw LODs in YDR, good to know that could be used.

I also wonder how to put levels.ymt in gta5.meta or in content.xml (if possible), because it has to be done to load custom map.

test content.xml & setup2.xml

http://pastebin.com/2dt7y7NM

http://pastebin.com/ZzRC57wQ

Edited by _CP_