2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Does size matter? Preference of crew #

Cubanoking99

Does size matter? Preference of crew #  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer big crews (n>100) or do you prefer small crews (n<100)

• Bigger crews. N>100
    • Smaller crews. N<100
    • No preference. Crew size is irrelevant.

Cubanoking99

Recently we've had issues removing trouble makers in our crew and thanks to the social club's poor management of crew members we had to kick a massive number of crew members. Because of this we went from a crew over 900 to a crew of 32 members, essentially the core that play and communicate daily (with a least 60 other core members being kicked by accident but slowly they've been re-invited or messaged to return).

But to be honest, having a crew that is less then 100 is surprisingly pleasant. It feels like the equivalent of moving from a busy city to a quiet rural area. But I do miss having the fact that there were literally hundreds of folks to play the game with. If we eventuality become a big crew again it would be okay though as well; as long as everyone in the crew is treating each other with respect the size is irrelevant.

They both have their pros and cons but what do you prefer a big crew (n>100) or a small crew (n<100).

FACT! 9 out of every 10 players is an asshole. If you are in a crew of 1000 members thats 900 assholes you share your crew tag with.

Quality over Quantity wins every time for me.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to be in a crew filled with just random members used to boost the numbers. I'd much rather be in a crew with fewer members and ones who share my interests and style of game play. That's the thing I notice quite often about crews when I receive an invite--very little is posted in regards to what the crew actually does or how they play the game. No offence, but I also wouldn't want to join a crew filled with immature children; dirty racers; cheaters; ridiculous rules in regards to clothing, cars, and/or stats; free roam only players; ones that demand that I play every single day and never alone (or without crew members); etc, etc.

I like crews that are mature, fairly relaxed, and have ethical standards. In a crew of more than say 200, you honestly will likely never game with half the members and will never truly know who these people are or how they play.

So, yes, my vote goes for a smaller crew with quality members. I'm currently in the process of trying to organise and create my own.

I'm in a crew by myself. :turn:

Me too,I just made a crew to have an emblem I made on my vehicles and clothes.

Cubanoking99

FACT! 9 out of every 10 players is an asshole. If you are in a crew of 1000 members thats 900 assholes you share your crew tag with.

I don't know about 9 out of 10 but yeah I get what you are saying...maybe 4 out of 10 lol. I feel like in general the gta community's "moral alignment" or whatever you want to call it, is more neutral than anything.

I've met more "decent" folks than arseholes on the game, but it sure does has a good number of aholes. Mind you I said "decent" not kind or alturistic, ya know like the average person you'd met in person who would live in an Suburbia or Metropolis.

Done both, and prefer a larger crew. I liked the small crew I was with in the PS3 days, but an active larger crew (much larger in this case with around 1,000 members between all the formats) holds many more advantages. There are always people around when I need help, want to chat, heists and other jobs, etc. When it's time for a freemode rumble, we roll deep and get the job done. There are, of course, more headaches (being a commissioner, I have to put out a lot of fires) and responsibilities but the pros outweigh the cons for me.

My crew size is 1, but I really only use the crew to set user-defined crew colors to apply to my cars.

• Like 2

Cubanoking99

Quality over Quantity wins every time for me.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to be in a crew filled with just random members used to boost the numbers. I'd much rather be in a crew with fewer members and ones who share my interests and style of game play. That's the thing I notice quite often about crews when I receive an invite--very little is posted in regards to what the crew actually does or how they play the game. No offence, but I also wouldn't want to join a crew filled with immature children; dirty racers; cheaters; ridiculous rules in regards to clothing, cars, and/or stats; free roam only players; ones that demand that I play every single day and never alone (or without crew members); etc, etc.

I like crews that are mature, fairly relaxed, and have ethical standards. In a crew of more than say 200, you honestly will likely never game with half the members and will never truly know who these people are or how they play.

So, yes, my vote goes for a smaller crew with quality members. I'm currently in the process of trying to organise and create my own.

I agree, Quality over Quantity is preferable.

The main goal of the crew has always been to act as a "hub" to meet cool people and play the game in a respectful manner. The larger our crew got the more complaints we would get of crew on crew violence and so forth, so we had to put out a lot of fires and kick many folks.

At the end of the day people don't understand we are just trying to play a game with friends and have a good time doing it, but there are always people joining crews just to troll and mess it up.

Edited by Cubanoking99

Me too,I just made a crew to have an emblem I made on my vehicles and clothes.I did the same lol

Everytime I encounter big crews, there are mostly assholes with no balls. People get stupid when regrouping up to 10, I think.

Edited by BulletFly
  • Like 2

Yep, quality trumps quantity - small crew. Actually two small german crews here, one with 60 and the other with 14 members. Hm, maybe I should try to unite them :D

• Like 3

Me too,I just made a crew to have an emblem I made on my vehicles and clothes.

Ok, another thing I just found out about GTAO.

I thought you needed at least two people before you could have a crew. Solo crew it is then, thx for that. :colgate:

afriendlyreddot

I run with about 6 heads that are my primary cronies, and then we all have our little followers that hop in and out of our sessions. It's real nice and has changed the dynamic of the game entirely for me. For a long time I played solo and was content in my belief that every single person playing GTAO was a social retard incapable of having any sort of a moral compass. Luckily I stumbled upon some folks that play similarly to me and it's been history ever since.

I strongly prefer a smaller crew as you get to see how each member shines with regards to a certain skill in the game. Everyone comes together in times of need and we always end up on top because of that, communication is a must for success though. I couldn't imagine having to be forced to share a crew tag with the general population of GTAO as that would drain me of my patience rather rapidly.

Edited by AbeePoo89
  • Like 2

Coming from someone what has lead a large crew(300+) and a small crew(10+).

Smaller crews are the way to go BY FAR.

Easier to manage/organize. Easier to communicate. Easier to establish a crew "culture." Easier to train members.

If you have active players that are willing to work with you, smaller crews are absolutely the way to go. I would even recommend to not go over the member count of 20, maybe even 15.

I have seen plenty of large 100+ member crews. Unless its something competitive like a racing community where its centered around a dedicated sport.... you're guaranteed to encounter/have ownership of a crappy crew every single time.

With 100+ member crews over half of them are certain to not be active at all, hell they might not even know the crew leader.

Another thing i'd like to ad since its on the same subject.... having a multi-console crew is a disaster waiting to happen. Don't try it.

• Like 2

lll-H-I-M-lll

Does it f*ck

IGN crew get dealt with they come with numbers not skill #holdmyhandcarebears

Edited by HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST

afriendlyreddot

I feel like the IGN crew and some others are akin to the cannon fodder enemies from old school Power Rangers. You know the dudes you could just slap in the chest piece and they'd keel over into cardiac arrest....

• Like 8

Who cares how big your crew is? As long as the people in it are good people nobody gives a damn about the size.

DominusTaranis

I've got a crew of 16 and most don't even like gta, just joined because they were my friend or whatever and were playing during the "everyone plays gta" hype.

The few I have that stick around, though, are the best I could ask for. Like minded and capable. That's all I need.

• Like 1

A smaller crew is more organised and feels friendlier. Everyone knows each other and that's what's special in my opinion

If you take a 1000+ crew most likely at least 200-300 members are inactive but no one does anything about it since it's too hard to control everything

I see what you did with the title OP ;)

Edited by Yukinoshita
  • Like 1

I've played in both large and small crews. Ign for the sheer numbers alone. I don't care how good they are or how friendly, as long as I can fill a job.

I've played in a smaller crew as well but didn't really feel like part of the team, plus I felt pressured into doing things I didn't want to do.

Currently I'm in a medium size crew but in reality i rarely play with any of them. There is about 10-20 out of almost 300 that I interact with but not very often. Last I checked I'm number 2 or 3 in rp earned at a crew rank of well over 300

I prefer the solo life anyway. I have nothing to say to anyone. Most of the time I play at a very low volume. All I need/want to hear is that lock-on beeping. Bunch of sh!t talkers anyway that have nothing nice to say other then insults, profanity and racist abusive garbage that I've had enough of a long long time ago.

Edited by Skycam
  • Like 2

MadPterodactyl-

Smaller crews by far. I don't have much experience with GTA, but I've been in clans of other games a few years ago. One with quite a lot of members (maybe around 100) and another with around 15-20 members. In the bigger clan, I did not feel like I was part of it, I felt like I could hardly contribute. On the smaller clan, which I managed, along with a friend, obviously I felt like a part of it because I was it, but the community overall was much much better, especially to the newest members.

• Like 1

Being in crews that have been featured on the Newswire, both my main crews have had to make decisions in the past about how large to let the crews grow.

My racing crew, after an initial test race or two, pretty much let everyone join. We got so many that we had to start up a separate twin crew for the overflow.

My photography crew, was originally intented to band together some of the most talented snappers in GTA. Always meant to be small, to produce one amazing crew gallery.

The race crew, while still has a few active members, has more or less dissolved into nothing. Ended up kicking almost all the people out for inactivity.

The snap crew however, has bonded into a family, and support each others passion and help each other out all the time. We stay around 40 members. We didnt accept the flood of requests that came.

Lessons to be learned. More doesn't mean better.

• Like 4

I made a crew for myself. Ironically, I've had three other players join it. Why? I have no idea.

I never see them online anyway, which is even funnier.

I perfer small crews where mostly everyone knows each other, though I have seen a couple crews that became larger where everyone still helps each other out and communicates. Anything has to be better than that ign crew.

I wonder who it is in my crew. It could be John, Oliver, xXx_420HydraBoner_xXx or Thomas, but I don't know. Probably Oliver.

I'm certainly a size queen of sorts, but I don't do well in crowds.

My crew has like nine people in it, tops, a few of them my friends, and two of them more than likely seen my dick. I'd rather have a few people close to me than a lot of people I don't know.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

size does not matter....but thats an other subject ;)

really, the smaller the crew, sometimes the better

though the most correct way is, when the goddamn crew leader is actually removing all assholes and if the limit is reached, removes some inactive players

maintained crew>crew that exepts every sh*thead there is

edit:

edgy opinion: i feel like there are to many crews on all platforms and, some crews, especialy on old gen, would benefit from it if they merged together seeing as the active player count in general so far i know, has been dwindling for nearly a year, and it is not getting better

Edited by goldadderXD

It is generally better for a crew to remain small in a manageable size. Unless the crew leader has enough charisma to stop crew members from drifting apart, having the crew grow like weed is pure poison.

Goofy The Scot

My crew size is 1, but I really only use the crew to set user-defined crew colors to apply to my cars.

Ditto :)

Most all of the big crews are filled with mostly dead/inactive accounts. If they cut it down to active players, they'd be 1/5th the size. Active members are all that matters.

That said, been crewless for months now. The freedom is intoxicating and no filthy decal messing up my cars