1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

False Bans from GTA Online

Snowej

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FalseBanGTAO

Hey guys, I haven't seen much talk about it here, but within the past couple of months, many people have been hit with false bans.

For some of you it may be hard to believe. I understand that. A lot of people I've encountered seem to get a high off the fact that we have been banned. Finally it's a win against the cheaters we've all encountered and been griefed by.

I've noticed you lose all credibility once you're branded as a cheater. Guilty until proven innocent.

Problem is, we have no way to prove out innocence. Rockstar Online Support auto-solves our tickets with an automated response.

Rockstar Phone support won't look into it, and will literally hang up on you.

I have even been banned from Rockstar Support Community.

I have been hit 4 times, yesterday was my final, and permanent ban. Usually you only get 3 chances, but 1 of my bans was overturned.

And that's my first piece of proof. Their anti-cheat is, in fact, fallible. It is not perfect.

Anyway, as I mentioned, trying to get any support is a mammoth task for an individual, so I'm creating a Steam Group for everyone effected.

My plan is to create as much noise as possible, until Rockstar have no choice but to look into it. Obviously not everyone that joins will be innocent, but there's really nothing else I can think of doing.

1 post on a random forum isn't going to do much, but if we channel all our voices in the same direction, we'll have a chance at fixing this.

So please join this group, and if you know of anyone else effected, tell them too.

Thanks. Wish me luck.

Edited by Snowej

I'm gonna go off on a limb and say you modified a game file and tried to go online even though you're clearly warned any and all mods on GTA will result in a ban. The only noise you're creating is a nuisance to people who aren't rockstar. At the very least you could've posted this in the help and support forum or used the search function for one of the hundreds of threads you practically duplicated.

• Like 5

I'm gonna go off on a limb and say you modified a game file and tried to go online even though you're clearly warned any and all mods on GTA will result in a ban. The only noise you're creating is a nuisance to people who aren't rockstar. At the very least you could've posted this in the help and support forum or used the search function for one of the hundreds of threads you practically duplicated.

I would appreciate it if you didn't go off on a limb and make accusations. Let me ask you a simple question. Do you believe Rockstar's anti-cheat is infallible? Is any piece of software is infallible?

And to put it into perspective, it's 1 post. Out of the countless that exist on this forum. And you don't even have to click it. Stop actively trying to be irritated, then wonder why you're irritated.

And if you read the post, I'm asking people to come join a group so we don't have to come onto forums and offend the likes of you.

Well, if I read rightly back in the day, peeps were getting banned for having stuff running on their PCs that didn't have anything to do with the game.

So certainly some people out there are getting false positives. Make some noise, I guess.

Well, if I read rightly back in the day, peeps were getting banned for having stuff running on their PCs that didn't have anything to do with the game.

So certainly some people out there are getting false positives. Make some noise, I guess.

Yeah, I had 1 ban overturned which occurred around that time. Problem is, since then I've been banned continuously one after the other.

1001 hours played over the years, no cheating infractions until 2 months ago. Then they all hit. Right around the time Rockstar updates their ant-cheat software to be more aggressive.

Really makes you think.

I would appreciate it if you didn't go off on a limb and make accusations. Let me ask you a simple question. Do you believe Rockstar's anti-cheat is infallible? Is any piece of software is infallible?

And to put it into perspective, it's 1 post. Out of the countless that exist on this forum. And you don't even have to click it. Stop actively trying to be irritated, then wonder why you're irritated.

And if you read the post, I'm asking people to come join a group so we don't have to come onto forums and offend the likes of you.

Just annoying to see the front page of the forums filled with threads that are kicking a dead horse. Anyway you probably should've done something after the first ban to see what may have been an issue installed on your computer, probably reinstalled the game, and then called rockstar. Now that you're permabanned you're basically sh*t out of luck. I'm definitely not one for defending rockstar in most situations, but if I were at R* I'd push you away too seeing as you've been banned multiple times.

Only thing I can tell you is to keep pushing at R*. They're going to ignore big movements because people that most definitely cheat are going to be the first to back you up.

• Like 1

You keep making assumptions.

I have been fighting this for over 2 months, since my first ban. Yesterday was my 4th, and final ban. I have spoken to Rockstar countless times, online and via phone.

Now I am asking people who were effected (of which there are many) to come together. Trust me, I already get plenty of people who weren't effected, and have no idea wha they're talking about, telling me to give up and go home.

No thanks.

Edited by lil weasel
removed huge quote train

Sorry but I think you're fighting a losing battle here:

"Licensor may limit, suspend, or terminate the license granted hereunder and access to the Software, including, but not limited to, any related services and products, at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever".

- Rockstar Games EULA

PC Master Race, huh?

I was under the impression that you guys were more computer savvy than most of us Console Plebs. All we have to do is plug in, hit start and away we go. You guys have slightly more to deal with, unless I'm mistaken.

Point is, you should know by now what you can and can't run while you're playing, maybe get a console and start again. R* are under no obligation to help you, it's a free-to-play service, there's no subscription, so no explanation is neccessary.

I'm not going to accuse you of cheating because I don't know if you were and being falsely accused of something must be a total brain-fu*k, but the only way you can realistically prove your innocence is to take your PC to the nearest R* office and get them to strip it down and take a look. Obviously that's never going to happen.

Buy a console, start again. Use your time more effectively than fighting an uphill battle that you'll never win. Read Sun Tzu, peace.

• Like 2

This was me when I got falsely banned and un banned couple days later

886cb68861005474e9884e0415e6ee09.png

Edited by lil weasel
removing useless reference.

ClareXoBearrx3R9

There are people getting falsely banned. I know a couple of people who were truly innocent, yet banned on a new account within a few hours of play.

aaronBLUEeyes

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FalseBanGTAO

Hey guys, I haven't seen much talk about it here, but within the past couple of months, many people have been hit with false bans.

For some of you it may be hard to believe. I understand that. A lot of people I've encountered seem to get a high off the fact that we have been banned. Finally it's a win against the cheaters we've all encountered and been griefed by.

I've noticed you lose all credibility once you're branded as a cheater. Guilty until proven innocent.

Problem is, we have no way to prove out innocence. Rockstar Online Support auto-solves our tickets with an automated response.

Rockstar Phone support won't look into it, and will literally hang up on you.

I have even been banned from Rockstar Support Community.

I have been hit 4 times, yesterday was my final, and permanent ban. Usually you only get 3 chances, but 1 of my bans was overturned.

And that's my first piece of proof. Their anti-cheat is, in fact, fallible. It is not perfect.

Anyway, as I mentioned, trying to get any support is a mammoth task for an individual, so I'm creating a Steam Group for everyone effected.

My plan is to create as much noise as possible, until Rockstar have no choice but to look into it. Obviously not everyone that joins will be innocent, but there's really nothing else I can think of doing.

1 post on a random forum isn't going to do much, but if we channel all our voices in the same direction, we'll have a chance at fixing this.

So please join this group, and if you know of anyone else effected, tell them too.

Thanks. Wish me luck.

I've been playing since Day 1 as many others have and we've never been banned, you have to violate the terms of use agreement in some way to get banned. From a mod menu, to DNS lobbies and so forth.

For you to have banned 3 times, well twice since 1 was over-turned you're prob doing something to deserve the ban.

• Like 2

[<removed> huge quotes

I have over 1,000 hours ingame, with no cheating infractions until 2 months ago, when they updated their anti-cheat. When the first massive false-ban wave hit many people. Since then I've been banned within weeks of being unbanned, and even had one of those overturned.

I have been banned 4 times btw.

If it's more believable to you that I suddenly started cheating AT THE SAME TIME I got falsely banned, instead of the false-bans continuing... I don't know what to tell you. The facts speak for themselves, you can choose to accept them, or keep believing the story you created in your head, based on your feelings.

Edited by lil weasel

ClareXoBearrx3R9

People simply put too much faith in Rockstar. Their anti-cheat system is flawed, and not only do they refuse to investigate, they simply hang up on innocent people who attempt to inquire about it. At least other companies such as EA and DICE whose anti-cheat software have detected false positives are man enough to publicly admit such incidents and then overturn those affected.

I know there are plenty of people who are guilty, but not everyone is. I would think more people would be a bit more cautious in putting Rockstar on such a pedestal assuming that their software is so perfect when we all know it's not in many ways...

People simply put too much faith in Rockstar. Their anti-cheat system is flawed, and not only do they refuse to investigate, they simply hang up on innocent people who attempt to inquire about it. At least other companies such as EA and DICE whose anti-cheat software have detected false positives are man enough to publicly admit such incidents and then overturn those affected.

I know there are plenty of people who are guilty, but not everyone is. I would think more people would be a bit more cautious in putting Rockstar on such a pedestal assuming that their software is so perfect when we all know it's not in many ways...

I completely agree. But I do understand why people are so toxic towards anyone that's branded a cheater. Chances are everyone here has had their fun ruined by a cheater, likely countless times. So to see someone who's been branded a cheater (whether it's legitimate or not) looking for help on a forum, most the people seem to get a high from that sweet taste of revenge. And let's face it, it is far more likely to be a cheater that was banned.

But it's when they refuse to look at the evidence and experiences of people like me, and continue to troll and abuse us... It's just plain stupid. I have seen people on the Steam forums, literally making sh*t up, like "this guy is a cheater, he was in my lobby and i saw him using god mode and griefing. gtfo cheater hahaha". People were posting that in threads of people looking for help. Pretty sh*tty.

Edited by Snowej
  • Like 1

I dont know, but i think/hope that you can get banned for a lot of other stuff, too. Some land you in bad sport, some earn a ban and some are tolerated. Hate speak and -messages, grieving, duplicating cars, modded money (which you have addmitted earlier that you had), glitching clothes, taking advantage of games glitches...

modded money (which you have addmitted earlier that you had)

Do you have any proof that you get banned, or even in trouble for modded money?

Because I have proof that you don't, directly from Rockstar's mouth:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201617423--Updated-6-15-15-Update-on-GTA-Online-Cheaters-and-Modded-GTA-

hey snowej, me was reading much of your posts since i got tha same issue with been flagged false, the bans started june 18 and then came 3 times in a row, after playin 9 month clean and cursed all cheaters i saw:),

i dont even used a cheat in story mode, after first ban i guessed it was i program that hooked into game, so i removed that amd raptor, but second ban came, after that i reinstalled whole game, but perma ban was not avoidable... and i try to contact rstar, even by fone, but they dont give support and i cant solve the problem, i mean i love the game, but even buy a new copy and start from new will not avoid to get me banned again, maybe we have to look for an laywer that these guys see that we are serious, and maybe we have to reinstall our whole system, i guees you also experienced some unreasonable shutdown? coulnt change that with reinstall game, i mean its not often, but if i played for 5 hours with different people it surly happed once, no problems at private sessions with same guys(mastermind always were workin) cheers

modded money (which you have addmitted earlier that you had)

Do you have any proof that you get banned, or even in trouble for modded money?

Because I have proof that you don't, directly from Rockstar's mouth:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201617423--Updated-6-15-15-Update-on-GTA-Online-Cheaters-and-Modded-GTA-

Nope, and it probably wont. I was off-topic, but kind of stated it. Sorry for confusion.

(it should, though)