1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

RealityLS tackles the concept of online

RealityLS

Ok folks. Other LSreality thread. Where I break down what's to be broken down and expose what's vulnerable.

When we think about online, we think about owning apartments, doing missions, and calling pegasus. Now what if onlines concept was different?

Imagine if we earned money primarily through fm? There was no mission loading screen?

Or perhaps there wasn't a lobby load up' for anything?!

Catching my thrift?

Let's examinE

Would you guys adore this?

Edited by RealityLS

So basically you're asking what would happen if GTA Online was what GTA Online should've been? Or are you talking about stupid sh*t like the direction they're trying to go with CEO crate missions?

So basically you're asking what would happen if GTA Online was what GTA Online should've been? Or are you talking about stupid sh*t like the direction they're trying to go with CEO crate missions?

What gta should have been

What if the whole concept was changed into a whole different direction. Would you find it more fun? Or do you like the current setup?

Edited by RealityLS

I read your post as a Youtube video. Where do I subscribe?

So...no single player/loading screen/missions/heists/game modes? Just freeroam? I think you should buy a garbage can and put all bad ideas in that, to be honest. That's a horrible idea. No variety, let alone the fact freeroam has issues keeping players in them. You're also being extremely vague with statements like "What if the whole concept was changed into a whole different direction." What kind of direction? Give us some butter for our bread.

Edited by livejoker

So...no single player/loading screen/missions/heists/game modes? Just freeroam? I think you should buy a garbage can and put all bad ideas in that, to be honest. That's a horrible idea. No variety, let alone the fact freeroam has issues keeping players in them. You're also being extremely vague with statements like "What if the whole concept was changed into a whole different direction." What kind of direction? Give us some butter for our bread.

im not going to hold your hand and butter your bread for you, for starters.

Now, what if everything about online was different? Everything. The way we bought cars, used apartments, made our characters, EVERYTHING. would you like IT?

VanessaMagick

We've got the Pentagon's top cryptologists working 24/7 trying to figure out what the f*ck you're talking about.

We've got the Pentagon's top cryptologists working 24/7 trying to figure out what the f*ck you're talking about.

What if everything about the gta online was different? Like every thing. That's what im saying, we could walk into our apartments and even have shootouts and such. For example.

Pretty much if the way things worked were different

chef_archie

Now, what if everything about online was different? Everything. The way we bought cars, used apartments, made our characters, EVERYTHING. would you like IT?

What the hell are you talking about guy who joined 3 days ago? Different how? NO ONE knows what the hell you are going on about. Your question is so vague that it's laughable. Please crawl back under the chrome adder you came out of.

I wish this thread were different

Edited by chef_archie

Ok folks. Other LSreality thread.

Confused by your own nickname?

Also, yea I love when things are different! Doesn't even matter what they are actually like, just make them different!

Edited by RogerWho
  • Like 3

chef_archie

Ok folks. Other LSreality thread.

Confused by your own nickname?

Maybe he is trying something different

-snip-

Oh, I see what you mean.

Well, this thread is for simple-minded folks like yourself. What if GTA as a whole was different? I'm talking graphics that look like Borderlands, your character is a gay robot and the whole thing is an MMO where you control your character by clicking on the map where you want him to go. Click on enemies to attack them, pick up loot, exchange loot, missions are now raids, form parties, eat some frog legs, meet a girl and get married over the mic, move out of your parents, move in with girl, find out its your gay robot character, make a thread on how you wish GTA:Online was more like current GTA:Online.

Holy sh*t, this is too weird for me. I'm out.

• Like 6

I think he's imagining more something like Minecraft, livejoker.

• Like 3

chef_archie

-snip-

Oh, I see what you mean.

Well, this thread is for simple-minded folks like yourself. What if GTA as a whole was different? I'm talking graphics that look like Borderlands, your character is a gay robot and the whole thing is an MMO where you control your character by clicking on the map where you want him to go. Click on enemies to attack them, pick up loot, exchange loot, missions are now raids, form parties, eat some frog legs, meet a girl and get married over the mic, move out of your parents, move in with girl, find out its your gay robot character, make a thread on how you wish GTA:Online was more like current GTA:Online.

Holy sh*t, this is too weird for me. I'm out.

That's not different enough, I think he means is what if it were different?

Catching my thrift?

...what? Did you perhaps mean... drift?

• Like 4

CaliMeatWagon

I have tons of ideas for GTA: Online

1) All Missions/Heists/VIP Work/CEO crates would happen in Free-Mode, but without notifying players they are happening (races could happen like normal, or set up as a street race and happen in Free-Mode). Also any number of people would be able to run missions/VIP Work at the same time.

2) GTA:Online wouldn't be hosted by a P2P/Cloud Server hybrid. It would be on a dedicated server where everything that happens in game, happens on the server, and the only thing that player sends is control inputs. (WoT uses the same server set up and it's near impossible to cheat).

3) Police would get a complete re-work. You would get in trouble for speeding, running a red light, reckless driving, but only if you did so in front of the police. The police would also patrol the streets.

4) The Star system would get a complete rework. 1 Star would be for the above mentioned crimes and the police would be non hostile. Pulling over would result the in the potential to get a ticket (pay a fine). 2 Stars would be for running from the police, but would still be non-violent. 3 Stars would be for killing NPC's and players and result in the police being hostile. 4 Stars would be for killing a cop/soldier and police would be hostile. 5 Stars would be for continued violence and 6 Stars would be re-instituted and results in tanks/military getting involved.

5) A "Prison System" would be instituted in replace of bad sport and would be for continued violence. Players would be in prison for a short amount of time and the duration would increase each visit. Players could attempt to break out of prison, but would result in increased time for the prisoner and the people helping break out the prisoner would receive automatic jail time if caught.

6) Warrants would be instituted and would be for players who break out of prison, or consistently evaded the police. The warrant would result in prison time.

7) Additional, non-criminal, jobs would be added. Including, but not limited to: bounty hunter (hunting players with warrants), taxi driver (picking up NPC's and players), working for Merryweather (airstrikes, helicopter/boat pick-ups), EMT (players could call EMT's for health packs and would pick up NPC's), players could also play as police and go after players that are wanted.

8) Wildlife would be added to Online.

9) Vehicles would have fuel, gas stations would be functional, and the Jerry Can would have an additional purpose. This includes aircraft and boats.

10) Military vehicles would be not purchasable (jets, tanks, weaponized vehicles, armed helicopters), and could only be only stolen from the military base. The homing launcher, the grenade launcher, RPG, and throwable explosives would be removed.

11) Conversely, if the military vehicles were not removed, then all aircraft would have flares and chaff.

12) Everything in the game would be level locked, including DLC vehicles and weapons.

13) More things would be included for higher levels to unlock, and at certain levels (100, 200, 300, etc.) players would get a cash bonus.

14) Future GTA titles would have an Online that attaches to the current and future maps. Allowing you to travel between them through the airport.

15) Future GTA titles would have a story mode that is has an optional online co-op gameplay that allows you to use your current GTA:Online character. But without a minimal player requirement.

16) Would be able to visit car dealerships and buy cars there. Additionally, you would be able to purchase cars that other players have sold (used car lot).

17) A livery system would be added allowing us to fully customize the looks of our vehicles including a preset group of manufacture/company logos.

I have a lot of ideas, but this is what just comes to mind right now.

Edited by CaliMeatWagon
  • Like 3

Man someone really needs to take all Internet capable devices away from you when you get drunk and high.....seriously dude what's wrong with you...what's will all the nonsense threads...do you want attention....does your mommy not love you...

Mattoropael

Mattoropael tackles the concept of RealityLS threads:

ZPrN43o.gif

• Like 4

I thought my thread was pretty obvious at what I meant. Guess I'll have to hold you guys hand directly to what I mean.

What if the whole online concept was different? Like the way things operate. Like we got $ in freeroam, went to dealerships to buy cars, higher wanted levels, you could place couches in front of the door in your apartment when Cops intrude etc etc

Get my drift* ?

Everyone read CALIMEATWAGON post! He gets it! Good ideas California!

Edited by RealityLS

Please don't feed the troll guys cmon

Actually, there have been multiple "trolls" in here. So your post is quite to the contrary. The calimeat guy understood what I was saying.

Solving the Mount Chiliad mystery is easier than understanding your threads

US Marshal1911

Actually, there have been multiple "trolls" in here. So your post is quite to the contrary. The calimeat guy understood what I was saying.

You're not the alpha here. You need to setup your topic better. Telling us what you are thinking is not 'holding our hand and guiding us'. You won't be around long if you can't figure that out. The Mods won't deal with BS like this.

You're not the alpha here. You need to setup your topic better. Telling us what you are thinking is not 'holding our hand and guiding us'. You won't be around long if you can't figure that out. The Mods won't deal with BS like this. I'm sure you're definitely the one to give advice right? Coming into this thread ignoring the op and coming in just to further the offtopic-ness.

Thanks but no thanks

This could be an interesting discussion, albeit that it's been done many times before. However, the OPs attitude is certainly headed for this, and a lock.

16titanic.gif

Edited by zoso80
  • Like 2

This could be an interesting discussion, albeit that it's been done many times before. However, the OPs attitude is certainly headed for this, and a lock.

16titanic.gif

I didn't mean to give that impression. I care about this thread just as much as you.

Ok to get back on topic - Do you like the way (the whole way) online is set?

streetx1xracer

No loading time between missions? So CEO and VIP.

No loading time between missions? So CEO and VIP.

not quite buddy, im talking about races included

Boooooo.

Put some effort into the thread.

• Like 5