4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

DERGaming

★ GTA SA Xbox 360 remastered official topic★

Femme Fatale

Just the story...

D9fred95

Minor thing, but I'm disappointed you can properly use the siren in an emergency vehicle. You can turn the siren on but you can't get it to wail since clicking Left Stick does nothing.

DetectivePhelps

I've had no problems. You just have to know how to trick this.

Vanzant

Trick what? I have the disc copy of SA for 360 and it...

1. Bugs out during radio stations.

2. Crashes during cut scenes

3. Plays Radio over cut scenes ...sometimes causes the game to crash.

4. Crashing during Air Field Training.

5. On screen prompts disappear during missions such as Beach Party...

What tricks are you talking about?

DetectivePhelps

Trick what? I have the disc copy of SA for 360 and it...

1. Bugs out during radio stations.

2. Crashes during cut scenes

3. Plays Radio over cut scenes ...sometimes causes the game to crash.

4. Crashing during Air Field Training.

5. On screen prompts disappear during missions such as Beach Party...

What tricks are you talking about?

Look homie, The game isn't perfect but it works!!

All those bugs 🐜 is fixable. The flying part, (FOR ME) I tap A fast so it won't freeze and I get gold while in the process I get my hunter. Sure the station gets jacked here and there but it don't bother me none man!

Save and save allot so if something go wrong on your end you could reload. I would never in my life play this on pad, moble. Hell nah!!

I'm no tech or claim to know all my dude but I found my loophole sorta speak. This game of mine on this classic console works.

Maybe someone can answer & help you.

I really wish things good for you as you & I know this game is the sh!t and rules. Goodluck. CV

Mastah

Ah, yes, the famous trick of reloading save. It doesn't matter all these bugs just suck out all fun from the game, simply reload after seeing something like this

Ho9PuTL.jpg

and everything will be fine.... for few minutes until you again run into skipping radio stations or another annoying bug. Screw that "trick".

Is disc version any better than digital? I plan to buy it anyway, but I would wait with finishing my playthrough if there's improvement over sh*tty digital version.

Big_Smiley

Ah, yes, the famous trick of reloading save. It doesn't matter all these bugs just suck out all fun from the game, simply reload after seeing something like this

http://i.imgur.com/Ho9PuTL.jpg

and everything will be fine.... for few minutes until you again run into skipping radio stations or another annoying bug. Screw that "trick".

Is disc version any better than digital? I plan to buy it anyway, but I would wait with finishing my playthrough if there's improvement over sh*tty digital version.

The dics versions have all the same bugs like the digital version. Only difference though is that the bugs rarely happen compared to the download version. It's what i noticed my friends digital copy over my hard disc copy. Edited by lil weasel
edited imag.

Mastah

Thanks for answer. I'll wait for disc then.

Vanzant

I really wish things good for you as you & I know this game is the sh!t and rules. Goodluck. CV

Snipped the quote...

I just wanted to say, you are one of the nicest members I have come across in a minute. :^:

I don't have any personal underlying issues with GTA: San Andreas as I've shown many times I own about Sixteen copies spanning all consoles.

So...just to summarize the purpose of this topic and why it's been pinned, is because out of all the versions / rehashes ect...this one is by far the worst. I have beaten this game on the Ipad which is a f*cking draaaaag, but I didn't have half the headache I have had with the Xbox hard disc retail copy. The problem with the Xbox remaster is it should be dead on accurate with the PS3 remaster. It isn't. The PS3 runs perfectly fine without any issues. I THINK the Xbox copy had some audio files messed up, which is causing the freezing and crashing. No matter how many times the community reports this to RockStar, there's NO fix and NO breakpoint as far as continued sales goes.

The reason why I take this subject to heart is because this is one of my favorite games of all time and with the support of RockStar, this game can be ( Should be ) enjoyed by many of the newer players to the series. But with the Xbox version in the shape that it is in and has been it creates a negative view toward the game overall for newer players.

Hunter

I played this 360 so-called remaster a while back. Granted, it has some nice reflections on cars, a few graphics things like that, etc. but it's far outweighed by all the bugs.

Radio stations stop, jump/skip, turn back, etc. There are problems freezing with some missions. As far as I know, they never patched any of this. Bicycles don't feel anything like they did back on PS2 as well.

It was good enough for a few Brown Thunder rampages (of course), but was pretty sloppy work, and I didn't get far enough in story mode to detail all the other bugs I'm sure it would've had.

Not compatible with Xbox One too, so, I'm kind of out of anything to play this gem of a game on (not sarcastic there, I love San Andreas).

Edited by Hunter

D9fred95

Finally figured out how to give gifts to girlfriends. It's Left D-Pad. On PS2 it was LB so they changed it for... reasons.

Toreno6901

Cheap trick , if xboxONE or 360 gameplay are the same.

For us MOB/Pocket gamers as well as PC gamers playing San Andreas Multiplayer co-op is

difficult using the current camera view we want an AUTO-Mission,AFK , easyAUTO game play

specially for REMASTERED San Andreas 2017.

D9fred95

I take Denise out on a date and she wants to go clubbing. We go there and start dancing. Then the song and button prompts just...end. Fantastic programming. I forcibly have to end the dance session but I didn't have a high score so it was a bad date.

I was close to 100% with her so I reloaded. THREE times she wanted to go clubbing and all three dates screwed up because of this nonsense. I got fed up and did a drive-by with her instead.

Toreno6901

I don't play x360 SA Remastered PC version. The SA UNDERGROUND/ San Andreas BETA are this released games for PC only?

Stoney0503

this remaster is probably why R* never remaster anything and just do ports.

D9fred95

Didn't they remaster GTA 3 and VC for PS4 though? I don't hear too many problems with those.

lil weasel

The game on my PlayStation 4 Pro is just too dark to enjoy playing. Doing Sub-Missions I cannot see the blue markers.

George Costanza

Didn't they remaster GTA 3 and VC for PS4 though? I don't hear too many problems with those.

no, it's just PS2 emulation

broken one

D9fred95

So, were the breakable trees near Santa Maria beach always deadly?

I was playing today and I went into the tunnel under the fairgrounds because there was an NPC "sunbathing" there. As I walked up to them, I heard a police chase above and the very next thing was one of the trees clipping through the ceiling of the tunnel and it landed on CJ killing him. I was at full health.

Possibly a regular glitch but still absurd since I never recall trees clipping through and insta-killing you all at once in all my years.

PyratRum

As someone who was looking into playing San Andreas again recently and considering playing the 360 HD version, the video below was helpful in noting the technical/graphical differences between the various versions available.

Compared are the PS2, PS3, and PS4 versions. The 360 and PS3 versions are identical as they are ports of the mobile version. The PS4 version is an emulated upscale of the PS2 version.

I ended up avoiding the 360 version as I feel like the removal of the post processing effects like the heat haze and orange glow detract from the atmosphere and feel of the game (as noted in the video).

Big_Smiley

As someone who was looking into playing San Andreas again recently and considering playing the 360 HD version, the video below was helpful in noting the technical/graphical differences between the various versions available.

Compared are the PS2, PS3, and PS4 versions. The 360 and PS3 versions are identical as they are ports of the mobile version. The PS4 version is an emulated upscale of the PS2 version.

I ended up avoiding the 360 version as I feel like the removal of the post processing effects like the heat haze and orange glow detract from the atmosphere and feel of the game (as noted in the video).

Actually that's not quite true. You have a point about no haze effects because they removed that from the mobile ports of SA. But the bright orange skys are still left over from the original ports of SA from Ps2,Xbox,PC. A few examples from the 360 version taken at exacly 21:00....

rsEGlQor.jpg

Downtown Los Santos.

wGc6y5sr.jpg

On top of building.

cvo263Kr.jpg

Flying through LS with Jetpack.

So as you see. The skys are bright orange as f*ck. A lot more than the PC version since the last update where R* f*cked up the resolution. Not too sure if they fixed now since the last update.

Edited by GTA_The_Series

Vanzant

Bah the Xbox 360 version will never be fixed. I opened support tickets and RockStar told me to update GTAV

Big_Smiley

Bah the Xbox 360 version will never be fixed. I opened support tickets and RockStar told me to update GTAV

R* are never going to fix an old ass game of theirs. So that's not happening. Even less if it's the disc version. Stick to the classic SA versions. I pop in my classic Ps2 version from time to time.

The 360 version is pretty all right in my book. Grate to pass time when i have it.

Edited by GTA_The_Series

Femme Fatale

That's funny, I got a notification that Vanzant quoted one of my posts here, but nothing. Anyway, I'll stick to my PS2 copy.

Edited by Femme Fatale

Big_Smiley

That's funny, I got a notification that Vanzant quoted one of my posts here, but nothing. Anyway, I'll stick to my PS2 copy.

Ps2's the best version out there fam :p Those copies are considered rare these days.

Simply_Wasted

R* are never going to fix an old ass game of theirs. So that's not happening. Even less if it's the disc version. Stick to the classic SA versions. I pop in my classic Ps2 version from time to time.

The 360 version is pretty all right in my book. Grate to pass time when i have it.

I go with my original Xbox copy playing on my 360 with the backwards compatible. I have my PS3 copy somewhere but i haven't played it in a while. I don't own the ps2 copy because i haven't had a ps2 since 2009 lol.

D9fred95

I don't even think cheats work on this version. Shame, cheats in SA were a blast. Riot + Peds with weapons + No wanted = fun for hours.

Big_Smiley

I don't even think cheats work on this version. Shame, cheats in SA were a blast. Riot + Peds with weapons + No wanted = fun for hours.

Actually they do work. Every single cheat from the original versions of SA work. Favorite one for me has always been Chaos in city and recruit anyone with guns cheat being my other. R* at least got cheats working on this version it's mainly the cut songs that were a downer for me. But like i said i have my good ol' Ps2 if i wanna bump 2Pac driving around Los Santos :p Edited by GTA_The_Series

Vanzant

*PS3 / Xbox 360 cheats NOTE- For cheats using L1 L2 R1 R2 input the codes opposite. So L1 will be L2 and R2 will be R1 and so forth....

Same for Xbox the buttons are backwards. They work.