3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Saving vehicles?

Foreknown777

Foreknown777

This probably already has a thread, but I can't find it and I've been looking around the Internet and cannot find a definitive answer.

Anyway, here is my question...

I'm currently saving gta money to buy an Osiris and it's customizations in offline story mode, however I heard that they often dissappear after a few sessions. Is there a way I can make the car available again even after it gets destroyed and/or lost??

Thanks

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

No, once you destroy it, it's gone unless you start a mission where there's a slight chance it might spawn as your vehicle in the mission but more than likely it would just spawn the character's personal vehicle. Another possible way is to switch characters, there may be a chance that the next time you switch to the character and it plays a cutscene, the car would be nearby but the chances of either happening is pretty rare.

If you lose it, the car will spawn at the impound lot but only if the game tells you that it has been impounded and you don't drive and abandon too many cars along the way.

As for saving, you can save them in bought 4 car garages, there they won't disappear, they only have a chance of disappearing when saving them at a safehouse garage.

Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • Like 1

Foreknown777

No, once you destroy it, it's gone unless you start a mission where there's a slight chance it might spawn as your vehicle in the mission but more than likely it would just spawn the character's personal vehicle. Another possible way is to switch characters, there may be a chance that the next time you switch to the character and it plays a cutscene, the car would be nearby but the chances of either happening is pretty rare.

If you lose it, the car will spawn at the impound lot but only if the game tells you that it has been impounded and you don't drive and abandon too many cars along the way.

As for saving, you can save them in bought 4 car garages, there they won't disappear, they only have a chance of disappearing when saving them at a safehouse garage.

Wow, how dissapointing. R* really dropped the ball on this imho. Why can't they just let you set a vehicle as a characters personal vehicle?? Smdh

Guess I'll wait to finish the game 100% before I purchase an Osiris and having to keep going back to a specific savepoint once I destroy it.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Wow, how dissapointing. R* really dropped the ball on this imho. Why can't they just let you set a vehicle as a characters personal vehicle?? Smdh

Guess I'll wait to finish the game 100% before I purchase an Osiris and having to keep going back to a specific savepoint once I destroy it.

I think it's because some missions and cutscenes have the character's default personal vehicles specially scripted and sometimes even motion captured plus unlike the Online protagonists, Michael, Franklin and Trevor have defined personalities and I guess Rockstar didn't want to deviate from that by having an out of placed vehicle during specific story beats, that's how I justify it at least.

i have tested it xbox 360, put car into michaels house garage then saving and after reloading that save and going there it is gone, continuously any car that is put there! BUT the car which was there before some bigger mission (and then saved game) is still there! Yet trevors and franklins house garages work fine!

Only difference is with modding in LS customs, after customizing the car is "owned" by player and it is being impounded instead of just deleting it from garage at michaels house!

Edited by Jaanus949

Don't bother buying a car in sp. Unless you just want to drive it around the map and then save it back in your garage afterwords. Painful tbh

if i lose singleplayer bought vehicle i just reload game, if i go to drive for fun i never save or do something that needs saving and autosave is off, in case i go doing something worth saving i never use special vehicle bought off of "internet", there is special vehicle list with fastest/coolest cars in game for 360 version (dlc's needed to install)

Edited by Jaanus949