2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

SophistiKat

Political Correctness

sivispacem

I'd be interested to see the contrast between the mission statement and the actual terms of service. Pretty sure there's a clause in the latter which basically says "we reserve the right to do effectively whatever we want with your account and its contents". 

Eutyphro
12 hours ago, sivispacem said:

Pretty sure there's a clause in the latter which basically says "we reserve the right to do effectively whatever we want with your account and its contents". 

Yeah, I think there's an almost certainty nearing probability that this is effectively the case.

Edited by Eutyphro

Clem Fandango

The content of the videos in the abstract didn't get him banned, the mass-sharing and wanking from right-wing gamers did.

Shirrako is a smirking c*nt who only posts raw gameplay footage with incredibly spoilery titles and thumbnails. f*ck him. 

Grotti Vigilante
5 hours ago, Clem Fandango said:

The content of the videos in the abstract didn't get him banned, the mass-sharing and wanking from right-wing gamers did.

That just makes the thing more ridiculous then. How is it on the YouTube user who uploaded the video if people began to share it? 

Eutyphro

It's a common smear tactic on the left to pretend that the makers of content they do not like are responsible for everything everyone engaging with that content says or does. It makes no sense at all, but this is common.

Edited by Eutyphro

Clem Fandango

It's common? How often are you discussing youtubers getting banned? 

I'm just explaining why it happened. I don't care. This- like almost all examples of PC gone mad- is some bureaucratic corporate knee jerk. 

make total destroy
6 hours ago, Eutyphro said:

It's a common smear tactic on the left to pretend that the makers of content they do not like are responsible for everything everyone engaging with that content says or does. 

I mean, it's pretty obvious the video was made just to pander to anti-feminist Gamergate types--or just self-described gamers in general, I guess. It was tailored specifically for the kind of people that send rape and death threats to women game developers and critics on Twitter, or who stab their roommates to death and then run people over with their car because no woman will willingly have sex with them. I'm not gonna shed a tear because some so-called content creator didn't get his adsense money from a video of him playing a f*cking video game. I don't really give a sh*t. At the end of the day, Google is a private company and they can more-or-less do what they want with their platforms. If you have a problem with that, blame capitalism, not 'the left'--which this has literally nothing to do with, as per usual. 

Eutyphro
10 hours ago, make total destroy said:

Google is a private company and they can more-or-less do what they want with their platforms. If you have a problem with that, blame capitalism, not 'the left'--which this has literally nothing to do with, as per usual. 

You're confusing several different arguments and pretending they are the same. I have never blamed 'the left' for censorship from Google, as that would be completely incoherent.

Grotti Vigilante
16 hours ago, make total destroy said:

I mean, it's pretty obvious the video was made just to pander to anti-feminist Gamergate types--or just self-described gamers in general, I guess. It was tailored specifically for the kind of people that send rape and death threats to women game developers and critics on Twitter, or who stab their roommates to death and then run people over with their car because no woman will willingly have sex with them. 

How do you know that? Is that just your personal take on the situation or has there been some leaked source confirming this was the context behind the video's creation? This very same user has a video of killing Ku Klux Klan members, so given this person seems to have "tailored" to the people you described alongside the ultra-extremists who think everyone who is to the right of Stalin is a racist, I'd say he's just a sh*tposter who likes things edgy, rather than someone who wants to cater to people who are nothing short of psychopaths.

16 hours ago, make total destroy said:

At the end of the day, Google is a private company and they can more-or-less do what they want with their platforms. If you have a problem with that, blame capitalism, not 'the left'--which this has literally nothing to do with, as per usual. 

Nothing to do with it? You do know that Vice News is a left-wing leaning news source that reported on this thing in the first place, right? I wouldn't expect anyone but the left to create such an outrage over someone abusing a suffragette in a video game, and nor would I expect anyone other than an overthinking left-winger to make out that the video is a reflection over how the people who liked the video and play the game somehow support violence against women. The article went as far as to say that gaming culture was ensconced in blatant misogyny.

So again, who but a left-winger would go as far as to make out that something as simple as someone uploading a video of them doing over-the-top things in a video game was a reflection over gaming culture as a whole? I've been a gamer for years, pretty much all my life even, and I really don't appreciate being tarnished with a brush by some self-righteous bleeding heart moral busybody whose never even met me, or in fact the majority of gamers. I've never attempted to murder a woman in my lifetime, nor have I ever tried to feed them to alligators or pigs. 

Eutyphro
3 hours ago, Grotti Vigilante said:

Is that just your personal take on the situation or has there been some leaked source confirming this was the context behind the video's creation?

He's already admitted on the previous page that intent and context don't really matter to him anyway, so then he might as well make it up.