1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Is "Did Somebody Say Yoga" the Worst Mission of the Series?

--Vega--

Would you consider "Did Somebody Say Yoga" in GTA 5 to be the worst mission in the whole GTA series? I've read many people online considering this the worst one that R* has put out, and being very non-GTA related in style.

• Like 2

That mission where you hallucinate? Funny one. Funnier then most of Vice City and San Andreas missions combined.

LarcenousUrsine

Yup, that's a bad mission. And boring. And why should I listen to Mike's family bitching during the trip? Jusr let me fly in peace (the bitching makes me want to crash into hpthe ground, and it fails the mission)

-_-

Only 2 missions I consider even more boring in the series are "Scouting The Port" and "Photo Opportunity" with that long ass drive in that awful Savanna.

Edited by LarcenousUrsine
  • Like 2

"Photo Opportunity" with that long ass drive in that awful Savanna.

I flipped that thing so many times back in the day.

Sweet Bellic

"Photo Opportunity" with that long ass drive in that awful Savanna.

I flipped that thing so many times back in the day.

Me too it was annoying back then.

I think it could be.The yoga itself is a boring side activity,the hallucination could be fun if the dialogue during the flight wasn't annoying,and because of it you lose Michael's car for a big part of the story and later get it back after Jimmy turned it into a ricer.

• Like 1

Yes both this and Scouting the port are the worst missions in the series but at least with Scouting the port at least it had something to do with crime even though it was pointless

• Like 1

Yes both this and Scouting the port are the worst missions in the series but at least with Scouting the port at least it had something to do with crime even though it was pointless

At least Scouting The Port had some funny dialog in it. Trevor going on about the guy's dead end job, people pitying him, etc.

• Like 1

PhillBellic

At least Scouting The Port had some funny dialog in it. Trevor going on about the guy's dead end job, people pitying him, etc.

Also you don't have to put up with an annoying French guy.

Femme Fatale

Not just the worst of GTA, the whole history of video games...

• Like 3

PhillBellic

Damn! So ET, or Superman 64 is better than V, according to you? :lol:

• Like 1

it's up there with scouting the port, and all of the missions in V where you just buy boiler suits and masks and that's it.

• Like 2

Sweet Bellic

Don´t forget Big Rigs :)

Edited by Sweet Bellic

PhillBellic

Don´t forget Big Rigs over the road racing :D

Or 'Plumbers Don't Wear Ties'. :p

Femme Fatale

Damn! So ET, or Superman 64 is better than V, according to you? :lol:Sweetie, I meant just the mission, not the whole franchise, you silly goose...

The Dedito Gae

That mission where you hallucinate? Funny one. Funnier then most of Vice City and San Andreas missions combined.

Are you f*cking serious?

Mission was garbage in every way.

That mission was ridiculous, I don't really want to construe a 40 year old man sad life or a boring psycho who takes out everyone on his way, I got Sims for that. The whole game was goofy.

GTA V's missions are full of bullsh*t, especially this boring and funny mission, the hallucination scene was freaking ridiculous, lmao

Eugene H. Krabs

This mission, along with Scouting the Port, was tedious. It feels like something out of a family issues simulator video game or something the writers of the Saints Row series would think of.

Edited by Cluckin' Bell
  • Like 2

Racecarlock

I enjoyed the hallucination, but that just brings up the question of why in the f*ck we needed to do yoga before it. Couldn't we just skip to the hallucination?

The hell of it is that I actually enjoy a bit of real yoga now and then, because some of the stretches can be very relaxing. But in a game, it's just testing thumb accuracy, and it's just not fun or even interesting.

Seriously, designers, why did you make me go through that yoga part? What in the hell was the logic? Why couldn't you just have a 35th wife argument cutscene followed by jimmy drugging you? I would have been fine with that. The yoga part was completely pointless and even a bit annoying. What was the logic there?

• Like 1

Not worst but found it quite boring. Interesting for the first time bit y'know the more you replay the first half of the mission ( i.e., yoga ), the more annoying it feels. Thankfully, V has very few such missions and overall they are all entertaining. If I've to make a list of some of the worst missions then GTA IV immediately comes to mind for various reasons.

it's up there with scouting the port, and all of the missions in V where you just buy boiler suits and masks and that's it.

I wouldn't consider the mask/suit buying parts to be "missions" personally, but it's w/e.

• Like 1

Dee-account-with-1kbans

'Scouting the port' would like a word with you..

• Like 4

MiamiViceCity1986

Yeah. I think that deserves the title a bit more. Whilst the yoga portion of "Did Somebody Say Yoga?" is obviously tedious as hell the drug induced hallucination (which is one of the more unique aspects of mission design) saves it from being a total disaster. Polarizing is more like it.

Scouting The Port on the other hand is mind numbingly boring from start to finish. "Drive to docks, drive around a handler to move around cargo containers, take some photos, drive to get the manifest, drive back to safehouse".

I would rather clear out dingy warehouses full of Russian gangsters in GTA IV any day.

• Like 4

Sweet Bellic

Yeah. I think that deserves the title a bit more. Whilst the yoga portion of "Did Somebody Say Yoga?" is obviously tedious as hell the drug induced hallucination (which is one of the more unique aspects of mission design) saves it from being a total disaster. Polarizing is more like it.

Scouting The Port on the other hand is mind numbingly boring from start to finish. "Drive to docks, drive around a handler to move around cargo containers, take some photos, drive to get the manifest, drive back to safehouse".

I would rather clear out dingy warehouses full of Russian gangsters in GTA IV any day.

Yeah Scouting the Port is the reason I almost quit playing GTA V story mode.

• Like 2

PhillBellic

I'd rather play 'Supply Lines' over 'Scouting The Port'. With SL, at least that's a non Story Line Mission.

• Like 1

Sweet Bellic

I'd rather play 'Supply Lines' over 'Scouting The Port'. With SL, at least that's a non Story Line Mission.

Yeah Supply Lines and all we had to do was follow the damn train CJ are alot funnier missions than Scouting The f*cking Port

Edited by Sweet Bellic
  • Like 1