4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Executive Search guide

TaylorTheCreator

TaylorTheCreator

Playing Executive Search can be a hassle with 20+ other people in your lobby,so i found some hiding spots that have helped me and will probably help you :lol: These aren't wallbreaches or any exploits just tunnel,systems, and subways

wtsv13.jpg

• This spot is located by Los Santos customs. It is a great spot for going under ground and hiding from players during your Executive search missions, only once have i been killed while doing this.

opcvw6.jpg

• When doing Executive search in the scrapyard I always go underneath the map.

op476f.jpg

• On the map it shows the tunnel and where executive search takes place, you can go in side and never be noticed by any players, it is a great location.

2v0d7if.jpg

• This tunnel is located in the heart of Los Santos, where all the shops are located at, this is also a great spot to hide from players while doing Executive search.

jzfofs.jpg

• This spot is located by the film set location and where the headquarters for the VIP is, this is another hiding location for Executive Search, you can go under here and never be noticed.

349cscy.jpg

• Tips and Tricks: while riding a bike during Executive Search, if you keep backing up on the bike you will always be invisible on the map regardless of how slow you're going.

I tried to look up topics of this particular mission and there wasn't any.This is my first guide, so i hope you find it helpful :lol: feel free to add any more locations or tips.

Edited by TaylorTheCreator
  • Like 5

Yeah Executive search is my favorite VIP work under the right circumstances (decent group of 3 or 4 looking for you, no jets or attack helicopters)

Metros are obviously the best bet since you don't have to worry about air vehicles, and even if someone does search the metro you can usually avoid them and hide in opposite tunnels or little nooks and crannies.

Rooftops have the issue of air units being able to bomb you, but they're still good most of the time. It's especially good if you can at least two sides of you covered that way no one flying by notices you . There's also the rather cheap tactic of jumping off the building if anyone does find you ( since suicides don't fail the mission.)

The most fun tactic however is to just put on some

NPC looking clothes, carjack a NPC and just try to drive around acting natural. I usually try to avoid the other players as much as possible but just drive slowly on by if we happen to converge. Extra points for placing a helicopter and your personal vehicle conspicuously around the areas you aren't at and if you do have body guards having them play defensively and hold out as long as they can somewhere else, of course when they die that gives the other players a big clue so I usually do it without body guards.

It'd be nice if they added like a covert ops version of CEO/VIP. Just go around pretending to be a NPC: hacking into other players bank accounts, planning raids people's warehouses, sabotaging personal vehicles/Pegasus vehicles, etc. release it around the same time as Watch Dogs 2 for maximum trolling. lol

• Like 4

TaylorTheCreator

Yeah Executive search is my favorite VIP work under the right circumstances (decent group of 3 or 4 looking for you, no jets or attack helicopters)

Metros are obviously the best bet since you don't have to worry about air vehicles, and even if someone does search the metro you can usually avoid them and hide in opposite tunnels or little nooks and crannies.

Rooftops have the issue of air units being able to bomb you, but they're still good most of the time. It's especially good if you can at least two sides of you covered that way no one flying by notices you . There's also the rather cheap tactic of jumping off the building if anyone does find you ( since suicides don't fail the mission.)

The most fun tactic however is to just put on some

NPC looking clothes, carjack a NPC and just try to drive around acting natural. I usually try to avoid the other players as much as possible but just drive slowly on by if we happen to converge. Extra points for placing a helicopter and your personal vehicle conspicuously around the areas you aren't at and if you do have body guards having them play defensively and hold out as long as they can somewhere else, of course when they die that gives the other players a big clue so I usually do it without body guards.

It'd be nice if they added like a covert ops version of CEO/VIP. Just go around pretending to be a NPC: hacking into other players bank accounts, planning raids people's warehouses, sabotaging personal vehicles/Pegasus vehicles, etc. release it around the same time as Watch Dogs 2 for maximum trolling. lol

i actually do try to act normal like an NPC and drive around hoping no one one noticed me lol but i always put a sticky bomb on the vehicle just in case lol.

I'm not sure what you mean by "underneath the map", but if you're 'breaching', you get reported for that. I've come across a few players who have done exactly that and I report every one of them for 'exploits'. Same with players who hide in shops, kill the cashier and essentially lock the doors.

As for using NPC vehicles, or any vehicle other than an Insurgent, one flyover in my Buzzard and I get a lock on your location, it's game over. :colgate:

• Like 1

TaylorTheCreator

Does lock on really still work when you're hidden?

if you mean auto aim yes it still does work.

I'm not sure what you mean by "underneath the map", but if you're 'breaching', you get reported for that. I've come across a few players who have done exactly that and I report every one of them for 'exploits'. Same with players who hide in shops, kill the cashier and essentially lock the doors.

As for using NPC vehicles, or any vehicle other than an Insurgent, one flyover in my Buzzard and I get a lock on your location, it's game over. :colgate:

i meant like hiding in the subway/metros underneath everyone

i meant like hiding in the subway/metros underneath everyone

Ok, wasn't sure :D . the hardest searches are definately when the player does it solo. If they don't give up their position or I can't get a lock I usually just leave them to it. Decent players are almost impossible to find.

• Like 2

if you mean auto aim yes it still does work. I mean the buzzard missle lock on. I think the homing launcher might lock on to everything but the buzzard lock on only targets enemy players and enemy NPCs. Auto aim is a pretty dangerous prospect too, but usually if they come across me when I'm driving in a car they're also in a car, so it's not possible for them to auto aim.. I'm just suprised they don't notice their controller vibrating as they drive past me. lol

And what's this about hiding in a convenince store and locking the doors? is it just that it's really hard to assault a store, or is there some glitch that stops you from being able to get in? I hid in a tattoo parlor once but the guy just kept on flying around in a savage shooting missiles everywhere. a few shots on the front door and a grenade or two should be enough to kill anyone hiding in the back of a store.

Edited by Phoenix7

TaylorTheCreator

if you mean auto aim yes it still does work.
I mean the buzzard missle lock on. I think the homing launcher might lock on to everything but the buzzard lock on only targets enemy players and enemy NPCs. Auto aim is a pretty dangerous prospect too, but usually if they come across me when I'm driving in a car they're also in a car, so it's not possible for them to auto aim.. I'm just suprised they don't notice their controller vibrating as they drive past me. lol

And what's this about hiding in a convenince store and locking the doors? is it just that it's really hard to assault a store, or is there some glitch that stops you from being able to get in? I hid in a tattoo parlor once but the guy just kept on flying around in a savage shooting missiles everywhere. a few shots on the front door and a grenade or two should be enough to kill anyone hiding in the back of a store.

you can only aim and shoot if your a passenger or if your settings are changed, and you can hide inside convenience stores and the bank just put proximity bombs at the entrance :colgate:

Rocket Skates

Good guide, nice work.

For most areas where there is a high enough roof I'll usually hide on top of it and keep moving around on it as to remain hidden. Parachuting out from my Buzzard so no one sees it and knows I'm hiding up there is my approach.

Also I never knew going underground like in the sewer or Subway tunnels could work so I'm glad this thread cleared that up for me.

Edited by Rocket Skates
  • Like 1

I've been playing this one a lot recently and i haven't been caught yet. Literally just dress and look like a npc then walk around on the side walk like a normal ped. When they run, you run. Follow them. I've have so many players just drive right past me it's hilarious.

• Like 1

HalfOfAKebab

Wow, that bike tip is really neat. Thanks for sharing.

El-Gaddafii

Nice thread OP, I've been using the tunnel systems of Los Santos for a while now and still havent been found. Its funny watching people circle over me but get quickly bored and leave, I don't even bother moving haha

Best advice I can give is to have your bodyguards position themselves outside the circle and attack anyone who comes near unless you're playing solo which makes it so much easier. When playing solo just leave your personal vehicle in an easy-to-spot location and grab an NPC vehicle to throw would be hunters off your tracks or even better blend in with pedestrians (no auto-lock from air vehicles).

• 2 weeks later...

How have the griefers not used this to mow down entire lobbies in broad daylight?

TaylorTheCreator

if you camouflage yourself as an NPC and other players see you, do they see your username?

Yes, people can still see you I've been caught numerous times doing that lol.

HalfOfAKebab

How have the griefers not used this to mow down entire lobbies in broad daylight?

What do you mean? How could you use the bike trick to "mow down an entire lobby"?

Edited by HalfOfAKebab

Executive Search hiding spots.

North.. nobody bothers me up north.. normally. That or rooftops, under ground, parking garage, train tunnels. All you need to do is walk in a circle. Sometimes up north you don't even need to move.

Side note I noticed a wall breach by the beach that if you go in it you die if you are working. I think this is amazing and wonder why rockstar can't make it like this all the time. How long has it been like this I wonder. . Wall breaches seem a bit rare nowadays, at least the player who do them but still it would be great if it was standard for you to die if you enter a wall breach.

North.. nobody bothers me up north.. normally. That or rooftops, under ground, parking garage, train tunnels. All you need to do is walk in a circle. Sometimes up north you don't even need to move.

Side note I noticed a wall breach by the beach that if you go in it you die if you are working. I think this is amazing and wonder why rockstar can't make it like this all the time. How long has it been like this I wonder. . Wall breaches seem a bit rare nowadays, at least the player who do them but still it would be great if it was standard for you to die if you enter a wall breach.

They just added that death feature when they did the Finance and Felony update. I also wondered why they didn't just patch the wall breach. Maybe they like that one?

DentureDynamite

I've been playing this one a lot recently and i haven't been caught yet. Literally just dress and look like a npc then walk around on the side walk like a normal ped. When they run, you run. Follow them. I've have so many players just drive right past me it's hilarious.

Would be a good idea to have a generic NPC-like saved outfit that you could quickly use. :)

Edited by DentureDynamite

DentureDynamite

Forgive my ignorance (only played Executive Search a couple times)--but am I right in assuming the location that's chosen when you launch it is completely random?

i.e. it's not like Headhunter, where the targets spawn around your location on launch?

Edited by DentureDynamite

Forgive my ignorance (only played Executive Search a couple times)--but am I right in assuming the location that's chosen when you launch it is completely random?

i.e. it's not like Headhunter, where the targets spawn around your location on launch?

It's kinda random.

If I start it north it will be a northern location.

Same with headhunter, if you start it at the top of the map the targets will spawn north of the city.

Sightseer if I start it in the city the packages usally spawn north and if I start it north the packages usally spawn south close to or in the city.

Headhunter and executive search with spawn the target or objective in your general area but sightseer will do the opposite and spawn the objective far away from you.

That's my experience.

What do you mean? How could you use the bike trick to "mow down an entire lobby"?What bike tip are we referring to exactly lol? As I understood it you could ride a bike backwards and be bulletproof?

Tips and Tricks: while riding a bike during Executive Search, if you keep backing up on the bike you will always be invincible on the map regardless of how slow you're going.

Edited by nicky9499