1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Help watching streaming from Cambodia

AlexCambo

• 2 months later...

VPN.

Just to clarify-- a VPN is a virtual private connection to a host computer somewhere-- you "virtually" become part of that computers network and if there is something in your connection that is limiting the connection, but not to the VPN, this can sometimes help in issues like this... this can also help if you have slow download connections for game servers (ie Rockstar Warehouse) when downloading game files for games you legally have purchased...

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=VPN+services

• Like 1

My family lives in Belize, and they use a VPN for everything. From my understanding is there were a lot of websites they could not get on, and now using a VPN like 'Private Internet Access' they are able to watch netflix and prime video, check certain websites that they use for their property bills in the US, etc etc... I just recently became familiar with them myself, but they have also been very useful to me in the US. Especially as easy as it is for an ISP to monitor all your traffic and essentially spy on you. *takes off tin foil hat*

I apologize for not specifying what it does. You should research them and see if this is right for you, but they are pretty easy to use.

Edited by Smoov_Operator

My family lives in Belize, and they use a VPN for everything. From my understanding is there were a lot of websites they could not get on, and now using a VPN like 'Private Internet Access' they are able to watch netflix and prime video, check certain websites that they use for their property bills in the US, etc etc... I just recently became familiar with them myself, but they have also been very useful to me in the US. Especially as easy as it is for an ISP to monitor all your traffic and essentially spy on you. *takes off tin foil hat*

I apologize for not specifying what it does. You should research them and see if this is right for you, but they are pretty easy to use.

Careful though, you basically are putting your trust that the VPN service you choose isn't actually spying on you as well. Most claim to use encrypted traffic ( and that's pretty easily confirmed ) but they can still log things like what websites you're viewing and when you're viewing them.

The downside to VPNs is that you have to pay for them and some ISPs have blocked access to them. Luckily, most of them have a good refund service that allows you to get a full refund within a day or two if you have issues with their service.

There are some free ones out there, and for streaming services I think you'll likely be able to take advantage of them. Check out VPNGate

http://www.vpngate.net/en/

Just find one in the U.S. (or the country where the event is taking place) and most should have enough bandwidth and probably won't block any streaming services.

Careful though, you basically are putting your trust that the VPN service you choose isn't actually spying on you as well. Most claim to use encrypted traffic ( and that's pretty easily confirmed ) but they can still log things like what websites you're viewing and when you're viewing them.

Totally understandable. This is where things like Tor browser come in handy, and proxies as well. Using a VPN is no excuse for lax in personal security.