3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA Tiki Islands [REL/FINAL]

BlackStallionDX

What did you want , bro? Now it is much easier to make SA-style from faeces than to "clean each polygon with a fork" separately. This is much easier and more understandable to most , the SA-style can be done by anyone, even if they do not have outstanding abilities. It's very mundane, mediocre characters score modding with mediocre projects. A truly unusual and fresh project will not break through in such conditions. Take a spoon and eat feces along with the rest of the forum, there is nothing to show off with HQ-modifications.

-----
Не, ну серьезно. Почему не используешь текстуру грязи? Почему так много полигонов в моделях? Компьютер же не выдержит такой детализации!
А вообще - на какое-то время забей на моддинг. Пусть без тебя взвоют от безысходности. После этого уже "на белом коне" въедешь в моддинг.

6 hours ago, BlackStallionDX said:

Feeding old sh*t proper deal! Making remake in high qullity, who's cares, this is not and oldy stuff, yeah,yeah.

And if it's really what's forum likes, i don't have any reasons why, i must post screens or links here.

You really seem to be hung up on how people here view your mods, you realise most people are here these days for fixes right? TC mods that go crazy rarely gain attention unless it's something really unique. As for feedback, I checked out the mod, there are parts that are good and parts that were very broken and amateur like, my main complaint being the textures, they are all over the place, it's like you've been slapping things around each change you've had a change of mind, there's oddly textures here that are worse quality than original VC/SA and then textures that are way beyond what's needed for specific models/effect.

13 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

You really seem to be hung up on how people here view your mods, you realise most people are here these days for fixes right? TC mods that go crazy rarely gain attention unless it's something really unique. As for feedback, I checked out the mod, there are parts that are good and parts that were very broken and amateur like, my main complaint being the textures, they are all over the place, it's like you've been slapping things around each change you've had a change of mind, there's oddly textures here that are worse quality than original VC/SA and then textures that are way beyond what's needed for specific models/effect.

Show where is it "textures here that are worse quality than original VC/SA"?

And i can't understand what's you mean "they are all over the place, it's like you've been slapping things around each change"?

• Like 2

Why don't you use a better upload site like Imgur?

So, actual realese is final cut i think, story have logical end and map is totally done, so...waitin foks for new thread, i have some content for Tiki Islands 2

Edited by BlackStallionDX
  • Like 4

Tiki Islands is a breath of fresh air. Perfect? No, but fun and interesting. I won't spoil the plot or the background but it's a pretty ambitious approach to creating a new storyline and characters from scratch. So far I've found the missions to be a challenge but possible with strategy and patience. As the MC you're taken on a wild ride of violent aggression, action packed car chases, and drug deals gone awry. In this tropical paradise you have everything from different clothing options, restaurants, bars, and a good selection of vehicles for your daily commute.

The cutscenes are really cinematic but some are a bit glitched and pass through the characters or can appear to be a bit awkward (but perhaps this is done on purpose and is the author's artistic perspective). I'm currently in the midst of playing (but decided to take a break while my controller charges). I'm looking forward to getting to the conclusion and seeing what the sequel has to offer.

• Like 3

Wow finally found the mod in it's normal google drive link. It took my months to find a perfect working Tiki Islands! Good work, i'l test them off. Also GraphiX, if you don't like those, replace them, because that's the same thing i'm going to do after I install the mod.

• Like 1
On 4/1/2020 at 9:36 AM, BlackStallionDX said:

So, actual realese is final cut i think, story have logical end and map is totally done, so...waitin foks for new thread, i have some content for Tiki Islands 2

Wait, so Tiki Islands is finished? Why not post the final version on this thread? I think I only downloaded the BETA version.

On 4/9/2020 at 12:22 AM, deadasfuqboi said:

Wait, so Tiki Islands is finished? Why not post the final version on this thread? I think I only downloaded the BETA version.

I did it. On first post, i've posted links (mod + translation), maybe after some time i'll post some bug fixes, if it really need.

• Like 2

Then, what are these latest screenshots from? The map in the build looks nothing like how it did in these screenshots.

Edited by deadasfuqboi
12 hours ago, deadasfuqboi said:

Then, what are these latest screenshots from? The map in the build looks nothing like how it did in these screenshots.

So, actual screens showin only buildings,which used in final build. So, final build used 2018 edition of map.

Chek it

Sorry, I'm just extremely confused. This was what I expected to play when I downloaded the mod. So, are you saying that it's just not released yet? I'm horribly confused. I apologize if I'm wasting time here.

11 hours ago, deadasfuqboi said:

Sorry, I'm just extremely confused. This was what I expected to play when I downloaded the mod. So, are you saying that it's just not released yet? I'm horribly confused. I apologize if I'm wasting time here.

So, as i say,i;ve plan to do a Tiki Islands 2. There is TI 2 gameplay sheet, TI 1 set up in 80s and story around ex-cop, who become a druglord. So, TI 1 is done - full storyline, finished map an etc.

• Like 1
On 3/24/2020 at 5:41 AM, IlyaKostygov said:

What did you want , bro? Now it is much easier to make SA-style from faeces than to "clean each polygon with a fork" separately. This is much easier and more understandable to most , the SA-style can be done by anyone, even if they do not have outstanding abilities. It's very mundane, mediocre characters score modding with mediocre projects. A truly unusual and fresh project will not break through in such conditions. Take a spoon and eat feces along with the rest of the forum, there is nothing to show off with HQ-modifications.

-----
Не, ну серьезно. Почему не используешь текстуру грязи? Почему так много полигонов в моделях? Компьютер же не выдержит такой детализации!
А вообще - на какое-то время забей на моддинг. Пусть без тебя взвоют от безысходности. После этого уже "на белом коне" въедешь в моддинг.

So you do have a GTAF account. I'm actually kind of surprised. I was linked to a particular video (spoilered later) on a Discord I'm a part of and assumed you would be nowhere to be found.

Your first mistake was insulting the critique, regardless of how scathing it may have been. Keep doing that and you'll soon find that the only people who want to play your mods are yourselves.

Secondly, you have little to no idea what you're talking about. Because I can assure you, it takes FAR MORE skill to create a model from complete scratch that follows the style initiated by R* than it is to copy-paste a model directly in from NFS, Forza etc., apply a few shaders, and import the .dff/.txd files into the game. People have been doing that in GTA since the beginning:

Spoiler

4a4e401e66f06befde8a997606a78294de5d3090675b4633cc12f46e6aadb920.jpg

As every such game with this type of car came out, it got easier to convert them for SA and the disparities between these cars grew; a 4,000 poly model from a Black Box NFS title WILL look different from a 10,000 poly model from an early Forza game, which in turn will also look different from a 25,000 poly render model that causes the game to sink to 5 FPS and cause no traffic to spawn. And after 5, 6, 7 years of the same old wannabe high poly bullsh**, people got bored. But at least the first few who did it had the ability to hack into the game they got the models from, extract them, and do at least the smallest bit of optimization for VC/SA. Nowadays, it is ridiculously easy to hop on to gamemodels.ru, find the models from the game you want, and take it from there. It's no skill involved at all, since the hard work's already done for you. Anyone can do it.

But it worked at the time, because the GTA VC/SA community back in 2007 for example was a lot younger than it is now. 12 and 13 year olds wanted 2F2F Skylines, and so they got 2F2F Skylines. They wanted Ferraris, and so they got Ferraris. The first 5 years of Vice City and San Andreas' modding history is nothing but endless conversions of cars from Need For Speed, Forza etc. Some were decent, some were awful. It depended if the author knew how to use VC/SA's lighting & shader systems and creating a decent damage model, since 3D-era is limited to fixed/dented/off. Or if they just Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V and sit back, watching as their download count rises.

Even now you can see this in the HD conversion community - there are some excellent conversions, and some awful ones. The good ones are made by authors who take time and extensively remodel/optimize the car so that it FITS in the 3D-era game. They replace textures with the ones that are used in the game. They map dirt and reflections so that they don't look out of place. They put care and attention into their conversions and are rewarded greatly for it.

But you're making the mistake of assuming the GTA 3D-era community in 2020 is the same it was in 2008. It's not even the same community it was back in 2013. People who played Vice City on their day off from Junior High are now in their 30s. People who weren't even born when the first 2 - 3 GTA titles came out are now old enough to have stopped playing video games altogether. The kids who wanted the newest supercars and tuners in a GTA set in the '80s/'90s because their parents couldn't afford Need For Speed: Carbon or Forza Motorsport 2 have long since left. They've moved on. Now SA style is the popular thing. You can either accept that and move on with your life, or keep telling people to "eat feces" and then bitch and moan when no-one has anything nice to say about your mods, complaining that the SA-style boogeyman is drawing away attention from your map-swapped modpack.

Either way, only a complete LOSER would make a 30 minute video attacking a large part of the remaining 3D era community and stating that you will try to "eliminate" it.

Oh wait. That's exactly what you did.

Since I don't speak Russian and had to rely on translated subtitles, you think people who appreciate SA-style are "быдло", or "cattle". That's ok if you accept that people who appreciate 2010 Ferraris, Ladas and Chryslers in a game set in fictional '80s/'90s Miami/Los Angeles are "дети" or even "гопники". You think "muh HD" is the "future", when in fact it's the past. Every car from every Need For Speed got converted years ago and put into every 12 year old's bootleg copy of Vice City. It isn't 2007 anymore. The playerbase is older and smaller than it used to be.

Ok, so there is a problem with poorly-modelled cars based on the original vehicles produced by Rockstar. Awful hybrids with the front end of another vehicle. "Monster" cars where they've slapped the body of a car on to the Monster's suspension. Basic conversions that change nothing. But is it a problem compared to say, the 20,000 Ladas/VAZ/GAZ/FATAZZ on Gamemodding.net, all with hardcoded colors, Vossen rims, no damage and awful chrome? Models that have been cut up, chewed up, spat out and blended into awful unoptimized abominations that kill the framerate and make zero sense in an American atmosphere? What about the million Infernus/Elegy with "HD" tuning parts?

For years the GTA 3D-era community was plagued with examples such as the below picture, and it's finally starting to die.

FyebAib.png

And to me, this is a good thing. I'm not calling your mod part of the same type, but the way you have acted up to this point is doing you no favors.

I think there are 3 lessons you need to learn here:

• GTA 3 and Vice City are nearly 20 years old. The community for the game is perhaps <5% the size it was at its peak, if even that. The overwhelming majority of players and modders are either on V, IV or SA. An increasing number aren't even playing GTA anymore, since the last game came out nearly 7 years ago. Give it some goddamn patience instead of assuming a barrage of applause for every tiny update you make. A game that is, again, nearly 20 years old.
  • What you and BlackStallion etc. are doing is not "unusual" or "fresh" in the slightest, please get off your high horse. Do you know how long ago it was when the first total map conversion came out for Vice City, hmmm? 2003. Myriad Islands. That mod was revolutionary at the time because it achieved something few thought was possible; replacing the entire city. The key words here is "at the time". Since then, city replacements are old hat. Perceptions evolved and eventually we got to the CLEO stage where people were injecting new code into the old game to create new events. Then we got to the modloader stage, and now we're at the reverse-engineered .exe stage where people are re-enabling stuff buried deep in the original game's source code. It takes a LOT more to impress the GTA community in 2020 than a map and a modpack. At the very least, consider modelling your own cars instead of taking other people's from 10, 15 years ago that you most definitely do not have permission for since they left the community many years ago. Maybe you'll then get an ounce of respect.
  • You're almost completely right, there IS nothing to show off with HQ modifications. Except for one thing: Vehfuncs. This is a completely new, untapped way of modelling HD cars that allows something which has plagued 3D-era modding since the very beginning: variations. With this addition, you can give HD cars different wheels, different tuning parts, or even different body styles. But have you done that here? Don't think so. To me it just looks like you've taken IV conversions, Mafia II conversions, and real life cars and threw them all into your mods with reckless abandon. There is no continuity. It's a mixture of real life and fiction with no consistency between the two.

Or you can just tell me and everyone else not worshipping your modpack to eat feces. That works too.

8 hours ago, AlexGRFan97 said:

So you do have a GTAF account. I'm actually kind of surprised. I was linked to a particular video (spoilered later) on a Discord I'm a part of and assumed you would be nowhere to be found.

Your first mistake was insulting the critique, regardless of how scathing it may have been. Keep doing that and you'll soon find that the only people who want to play your mods are yourselves.

Secondly, you have little to no idea what you're talking about. Because I can assure you, it takes FAR MORE skill to create a model from complete scratch that follows the style initiated by R* than it is to copy-paste a model directly in from NFS, Forza etc., apply a few shaders, and import the .dff/.txd files into the game. People have been doing that in GTA since the beginning:

Hide contents

4a4e401e66f06befde8a997606a78294de5d3090675b4633cc12f46e6aadb920.jpg

As every such game with this type of car came out, it got easier to convert them for SA and the disparities between these cars grew; a 4,000 poly model from a Black Box NFS title WILL look different from a 10,000 poly model from an early Forza game, which in turn will also look different from a 25,000 poly render model that causes the game to sink to 5 FPS and cause no traffic to spawn. And after 5, 6, 7 years of the same old wannabe high poly bullsh**, people got bored. But at least the first few who did it had the ability to hack into the game they got the models from, extract them, and do at least the smallest bit of optimization for VC/SA. Nowadays, it is ridiculously easy to hop on to gamemodels.ru, find the models from the game you want, and take it from there. It's no skill involved at all, since the hard work's already done for you. Anyone can do it.

But it worked at the time, because the GTA VC/SA community back in 2007 for example was a lot younger than it is now. 12 and 13 year olds wanted 2F2F Skylines, and so they got 2F2F Skylines. They wanted Ferraris, and so they got Ferraris. The first 5 years of Vice City and San Andreas' modding history is nothing but endless conversions of cars from Need For Speed, Forza etc. Some were decent, some were awful. It depended if the author knew how to use VC/SA's lighting & shader systems and creating a decent damage model, since 3D-era is limited to fixed/dented/off. Or if they just Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V and sit back, watching as their download count rises.

Even now you can see this in the HD conversion community - there are some excellent conversions, and some awful ones. The good ones are made by authors who take time and extensively remodel/optimize the car so that it FITS in the 3D-era game. They replace textures with the ones that are used in the game. They map dirt and reflections so that they don't look out of place. They put care and attention into their conversions and are rewarded greatly for it.

But you're making the mistake of assuming the GTA 3D-era community in 2020 is the same it was in 2008. It's not even the same community it was back in 2013. People who played Vice City on their day off from Junior High are now in their 30s. People who weren't even born when the first 2 - 3 GTA titles came out are now old enough to have stopped playing video games altogether. The kids who wanted the newest supercars and tuners in a GTA set in the '80s/'90s because their parents couldn't afford Need For Speed: Carbon or Forza Motorsport 2 have long since left. They've moved on. Now SA style is the popular thing. You can either accept that and move on with your life, or keep telling people to "eat feces" and then bitch and moan when no-one has anything nice to say about your mods, complaining that the SA-style boogeyman is drawing away attention from your map-swapped modpack.

Either way, only a complete LOSER would make a 30 minute video attacking a large part of the remaining 3D era community and stating that you will try to "eliminate" it.

Oh wait. That's exactly what you did.

Since I don't speak Russian and had to rely on translated subtitles, you think people who appreciate SA-style are "быдло", or "cattle". That's ok if you accept that people who appreciate 2010 Ferraris, Ladas and Chryslers in a game set in fictional '80s/'90s Miami/Los Angeles are "дети" or even "гопники". You think "muh HD" is the "future", when in fact it's the past. Every car from every Need For Speed got converted years ago and put into every 12 year old's bootleg copy of Vice City. It isn't 2007 anymore. The playerbase is older and smaller than it used to be.

Ok, so there is a problem with poorly-modelled cars based on the original vehicles produced by Rockstar. Awful hybrids with the front end of another vehicle. "Monster" cars where they've slapped the body of a car on to the Monster's suspension. Basic conversions that change nothing. But is it a problem compared to say, the 20,000 Ladas/VAZ/GAZ/FATAZZ on Gamemodding.net, all with hardcoded colors, Vossen rims, no damage and awful chrome? Models that have been cut up, chewed up, spat out and blended into awful unoptimized abominations that kill the framerate and make zero sense in an American atmosphere? What about the million Infernus/Elegy with "HD" tuning parts?

For years the GTA 3D-era community was plagued with examples such as the below picture, and it's finally starting to die.

FyebAib.png

And to me, this is a good thing. I'm not calling your mod part of the same type, but the way you have acted up to this point is doing you no favors.

I think there are 3 lessons you need to learn here:

• GTA 3 and Vice City are nearly 20 years old. The community for the game is perhaps <5% the size it was at its peak, if even that. The overwhelming majority of players and modders are either on V, IV or SA. An increasing number aren't even playing GTA anymore, since the last game came out nearly 7 years ago. Give it some goddamn patience instead of assuming a barrage of applause for every tiny update you make. A game that is, again, nearly 20 years old.
  • What you and BlackStallion etc. are doing is not "unusual" or "fresh" in the slightest, please get off your high horse. Do you know how long ago it was when the first total map conversion came out for Vice City, hmmm? 2003. Myriad Islands. That mod was revolutionary at the time because it achieved something few thought was possible; replacing the entire city. The key words here is "at the time". Since then, city replacements are old hat. Perceptions evolved and eventually we got to the CLEO stage where people were injecting new code into the old game to create new events. Then we got to the modloader stage, and now we're at the reverse-engineered .exe stage where people are re-enabling stuff buried deep in the original game's source code. It takes a LOT more to impress the GTA community in 2020 than a map and a modpack. At the very least, consider modelling your own cars instead of taking other people's from 10, 15 years ago that you most definitely do not have permission for since they left the community many years ago. Maybe you'll then get an ounce of respect.
  • You're almost completely right, there IS nothing to show off with HQ modifications. Except for one thing: Vehfuncs. This is a completely new, untapped way of modelling HD cars that allows something which has plagued 3D-era modding since the very beginning: variations. With this addition, you can give HD cars different wheels, different tuning parts, or even different body styles. But have you done that here? Don't think so. To me it just looks like you've taken IV conversions, Mafia II conversions, and real life cars and threw them all into your mods with reckless abandon. There is no continuity. It's a mixture of real life and fiction with no consistency between the two.

Or you can just tell me and everyone else not worshipping your modpack to eat feces. That works too.

Meh...me 27 old and so on?

We talkin bout makin HD-mods, not outdated oldie style. Where you saw in my mods mix of real and un-treal cars, those? Hmmm...nope. They basicly taken an real life prototypes of original one cars from VC(3D) and VC(2D).

Takin more - map is scratchmade,  characters - basicly not scracth, but is'nt just conversation ( using various models and makin uniqle stuff, you think it's easy?)

You said i don't have permissions and don't credit? You played my mod? I don't think so (all vehicles's authors and some plugin have a credit)

- i pm every vehicles author bout using their cars in my TC (repoman, carface...they on this forums, russian vehicles artist i pm too, buy not on gtaforums)

- YOU SAID THIS JUST A MOD PACK. How many mods pack you know with fully custom map, mission and storyline, wich maden not in dyom?

How much? Alien City...hmmm....Mushrumania....and...and...and.....ooooohhhh yeah. So many, SO...

Really, youreally think lovin' oldie stuff making you more adult? Meeeh

But when i saw how, car from LCS converted with one whole diffrent stuff like...mmm...engine from xbox and havin more reacted then HD scratch made recreation of 3D-era bulding, this make me sad. Oh...you wanna say, converted cars from stories with little minor update more uniqle work than making HD-buildings from scratch? Don't make me laught.

Also, look at TES-community.

I'm play Morrowind since 2003, and what can i say - i can't, i just phisicly can't play morrowind with vanila textures and characters models. And me is...27 old. Many morrowind's player is older then me, and they can't play morrowind with vanila graphics too.

Real plroblem not on tastes, real problem in community, when TES'community workin on HD-stuff, present GTA'communty makin out-dated low-poly styled mods. Yeah....great.

• Like 4

Hi, i installed this mod with the English Translation but why certain things like mission passed is in Russian? Plus i cant read whats in the menu, i have to rely on my memories.

2 minutes ago, TarRebririon said:

Hi, i installed this mod with the English Translation but why certain things like mission passed is in Russian? Plus i cant read whats in the menu, i have to rely on my memories.

Go to options, select language and select the bottom language.

3 minutes ago, deadasfuqboi said:

Go to options, select language and select the bottom language.

Thanks for the help, it works!!

Btw, if anyone finished this game please send me a savegame file. I prefer "sandbox mode"

Just briefly started playing, great job! You can tell a lot of passion went into this, one of the better TC's I have played. There are some issues and instabilities yes, but overall, very well done.

Edited by Wolff
  • Like 1

Here we go... @BlackStallionDX

Where you saw in my mods mix of real and un-treal cars, those?
Not in your mods necessarily, but in Ilya's. Kostygov City or SteelPort City whatever it's called this week. And you'd be right, this isn't Ilya's thread. It's yours. But you're in the same modding group and defend each others' beliefs so you are accountable for what Ilya says/does and vice-versa. If you wish to conduct yourself in a manner unbefitting that of a mod creator then that's purely on you. If either of you tell a critic of your mod to "eat feces" without prior insult or invocation (and even THEN you should be reporting/ignoring them rather than responding to bait), then that's a belief that each of you share unless you condemn the other. And since you haven't condemned Ilya's comments then I can only assume that you stand by them. Do you see the way this works? Silence is obedience.

( using various models and makin uniqle stuff, you think it's easy?)
( using various models
you think it's easy?)

Yes I do think the first part of your statement is easy, as a matter of fact, and ANYONE can see that it's easy. Using others' stuff takes no skill at all. It doesn't. Unless you significantly modify that pre-made content through remodelling, remapping, or adding extra features, you show no skill whatsoever. And I know you have skill, else you wouldn't be able to model a city.

i pm every vehicles author bout using their cars in my TC (repoman, carface...they on this forums, russian vehicles artist i pm too, buy not on gtaforums)
Then show us these messages. I HIGHLY doubt either of you got a hold of Pumbars for example since he's been inactive for many years, and even a 2012 forum thread on LSPDFR was unable to find him. And that was 8 years ago.

And since you don't seem to understand the concept, though it's not necessarily your fault for not understanding:
Credit DOES NOT = Permission

Read the above line and read it carefully.

It never has and it never will. If you take mods without the express permission of the original author, then it is deemed as stealing, pure and simple. If you claim to have received permission, then show us the emails/PMs you made to all the old members of the community. Those who left many years ago. Show us all in fact. And if you didn't/haven't, then you've stolen the mods. Personally I don't agree with it (considering very few mods are scratch-built), but that's the way the policy has been decided on most sites. That you have to ask the original author before you do anything with them. And if you can't get a hold of the original author, then you can't get permission. For some reason, people living in a certain area of the world have a hard time understanding this; most mods reposted onto libertycity.ru for example are uploaded WITHOUT permission. Doesn't matter if you uploaded them under the original author's name or not, doing so without them saying you can is stealing. And that's the end of that. That's an argument for you to have with the admins of GTAF, not me.

How many mods pack you know with fully custom map, mission and storyline, wich maden not in dyom?

How much? Alien City...hmmm....Mushrumania....and...and...and.....ooooohhhh yeah. So many, SO...
I'm sorry, you choke on something? You need help? Let me help you out with that:

And that's BEFORE we get into the 3D-themed expansions.

• LCS for PC
  • VCS for PC
  • IVSA
  • Underground
  • United
  • GTA 1 Renderware Edition
  • GTA 3D...

Plus ALL the new map projects that your team has worked on. SteelPort/Kostygov, this one...

You really didn't think this through, did you? As I said, a new map does not give many people the "wow" factor anymore. You need to do a lot more than that. A LOT more. If you spent less time passive-aggressively complaining and doing work, the rest of the community would warm up to you. But you seem to insist on fighting everyone who doesn't 100% approve of your decisions and actions. I don't get it. I have NEVER seen a mod creator that just insults everyone who issues critiques, and even then, I've never seen modders who actively belittle and spit on the work of others who have nothing to do with them. Just because it's a style you don't like. How no senior staff have stepped in at this point and issued a warning over your behavior just bewilders me.

But when i saw how, car from LCS converted with one whole diffrent stuff like...mmm...engine from xbox and havin more reacted then HD scratch made recreation of 3D-era bulding, this make me sad. Oh...you wanna say, converted cars from stories with little minor update more uniqle work than making HD-buildings from scratch? Don't make me laught.
You seem to be confusing two types of mod styles here, and I'm not sure what the problem is:
Workshops, where only one type of mod is being made (for example, cars with HD features)
Total conversions, where lots of different stuff is centralized around one project (e.g. GTA Underground)

In a workshop, a modder is not required to put their content towards a future big mod such as a total conversion. They can make cars, weapons, textures, whatever they want. They are not obligated to start modelling a brand new city from scratch and start piling together missions. The fact that what other people voluntarily choose to do with the GTA games upsets you just makes you come off as massively insecure. And then not only that. OK, so you're upset over what people decide to do with their mods. That's not my problem. My problem is that you, Ilya etc. actually are upset over such a thing and then proceed to insult the hard work and effort that others put in for free, because you perceive them as getting more attention and praise than for what you do. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. What's it to you? They're not being paid for their work; 99% of them at least.

Also, look at TES-community.
This isn't Elder Scrolls. What happens in other communities is of no concern to us. Should've ended your point there. Every community will be different. If you can't accept that, then you're more than welcome to leave.

Real plroblem not on tastes, real problem in community, when TES'community workin on HD-stuff, present GTA'communty makin out-dated low-poly styled mods. Yeah....great.
Ah yes, blame everyone but yourself. It's "the community's" fault that your mods are not receiving the praise you expect them to. You say you're 27, but I was maybe 16 when I stopped blaming the world for my problems and started taking control of my actions. Protip, the problem is not with the community, it's with YOU. YOU are the problem. Change your attitude. Stop being so hostile towards other members, and appreciate that not everyone shares your tastes. And yes, it is "taste". Whether you like it or not. If you want to load up a game set in 1992 Los Santos with present-day Teslas and Lada Kalinas, then that's your personal taste. For me that just kills the immersion. But because you're making a total conversion, that's not my issue. If you want to move it to another world then that's ok. People can rebrand everything to be as close to real-life Miami, Los Angeles etc. and it can work. But then you have "SteelPort" where a GTA IV Turismo, a medium-poly model of a fictional 1940s car from Mafia II, and then a high poly modern Ferrari are supposed to co-exist, and you just don't seem to get that you can't just straddle the gap. You have to pick one or the other. And that's mainly aimed at Ilya, but since you're friends, I'd assume you'd understand.

P.S. Ilya, if you've got something to say then come out and say it, don't send your friends to fight your battles. I gave you over a week to answer my reply since I was feeling generous but instead I only got one from BlackStallion. The fact is you made a 30 minute long video vowing to "eliminate" a part of the GTA community which has done no harm unto you, nor does any harm unto anyone else. You can answer that accusation, or you can ignore it. Either way is fine by me. You ramble on for half an hour. About such a small problem that I wasn't even aware anyone had a problem with apart from you and your cronies. With your video and general attitude you disrespect and insult the works of Crack Yo' Neck, direct, savidge, and many others who are peacefully modding. Maybe if you saw the process of modelling a vehicle from scratch, applying collisions, tuning parts, vehfuncs and everything else you'd change your attitude for the better and realize just how much work goes into these "tiny" things. Because I guarantee that both of you would be surprised. It takes more work than clicking "download" on a car that was made more than 10 years ago, and still a lot more work than taking a model from a modern game and porting it over without optimizing it first.

I find it hard to respect the work of those who are not willing to pass on respect themselves.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, AlexGRFan97 said:

Then show us these messages. I HIGHLY doubt either of you got a hold of Pumbars for example since he's been inactive for many years, and even a 2012 forum thread on LSPDFR was unable to find him. And that was 8 years ago.

Pumpbars is russian guy, mate. I pm him on mail.ru since 2016 year. Also i pm stratumx on vk.com. Carface 80, i pm him here.

I pm Driver too. I'dont pm only one goy - Arland - but he wrote in his ReadMe - Use in whatever you want, as long,as you give a credit me.

457b2e9f4cc53e6c22a746074eb75ddd.jpg

If you a really don't who me, just don't try to shame me, mate. I'm workin on mods since 2009, so i know something,

And only Alien City, Cretaceus Runner and YAH have new map and mission as well. Criminal Russia, Gostown and etc - just a map. Others (L4T, BioHazzard) - infact just new mission with little minor changes. I said you, NEW MAP+MISSIONS, you can't find much mods like that.

Tiki Islands one of them - huge new map + missions.

Do you have a play my mods? I don't post only map, mate. I'm very hard work on lore and scenario. Make cine-cutsenes and much more. Also, when i learn well on making vehicles, i've start mking my own CARS ( Russian Theft Auto Beta 4 used only my vehicles), Vice City'89 - only my vehicles. But fist mods, which used only my vehicles was - Wasteland, it was 2013-2016 years, i made 20 vehicles from scratch. So what's you say me now, wiseguy?

• LCS for PC
  • VCS for PC
  • IVSA
  • Underground
  • United
  • GTA 1 Renderware Edition
  • GTA 3D...

Converted maps is't TC as well. This just convert, i can't see real soul here.

You say you're 27, but I was maybe 16 when I stopped blaming the world for my problems and started taking control of my actions.

Im just sick at it all, actually.

I like all the new improvements and really enjoy this version, there's a giant problem i had when testing it though, the game always crashes after the third mission "payment" when mr.johnson gets killed. it crashes every single time so i can't progress any further. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sprunkadelic said:

I like all the new improvements and really enjoy this version, there's a giant problem i had when testing it though, the game always crashes after the third mission "payment" when mr.johnson gets killed. it crashes every single time so i can't progress any further. 

Just lock your fps on 30, missions scriprt workin fine on 30fps, not higher

Just now, BlackStallionDX said:

Just lock your fps on 30, missions scriprt workin fine on 30fps, not higher

ah okay, forgot how f*cked up things could get if your fps is over 30.