1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

$$ Race trolls - your thoughts

Jenkiiii

On Wednesday I took full advantage of the double money making from stunt races - it was amazing: 35-75k for winning a race.

But now I've got an active xbox messaging suspension for texting a group of trolls and calling them a bunch of c*nts, lol. They were seasoned trolls. One guy would race to win, and was very good at it, but the other guys would DNF and block the other racers in first, second place... etc, so his team mate could win. The troll(s) would find a narrow section of track and block the gate, but open the gate for their team-mates. They were nice as pie on messaging, apologising for their 'mistakes' but kept on doing it race after race. I was incensed and got a two day messaging/party ban, lol. They were in a party of six squeaking kids, so they all reported me I guess - fair enough, I did use vulgar language.

I really need to grow up and calm it down, lol, but has anyone else experienced organised trolling during the double $$ and RP stunt races?

Sky_Light12

well , does using heavier vehicle of category helps you plow through his teamate ?

• Like 1

whywontyoulisten

I read a load of posts on this the other day, but can't find the thread. Might be in b&m.

Shootinalloveryourface

I'll be honest, I troll stunt races all the time. I love it, it's hilarious and fun.

Duel is a great troll track. Canyon crossing a classic troll track. The new Vespucci is an interesting troll track. Lots of variation and fun to be had

I'll be honest, I troll stunt races all the time. I love it, it's hilarious and fun.

Duel is a great troll track. Canyon crossing a classic troll track. The new Vespucci is an interesting troll track. Lots of variation and fun to be had

You do whatever you feel right, it's just a game and you're not winning races, $$ or RP, so it's your decision.

But do you organise trolling with friends so that they can win? That was the question - double $$ does strange things to some people.

Furry_Monkey

That's not trolling. It's not even close. They were helping a mate win. People call everything that they dislike trolling, these days. That, and the rest of your post, prove you need to learn some new words. Read some books.

That's not trolling. It's not even close. They were helping a mate win. People call everything that they dislike trolling, these days. That, and the rest of your post, prove you need to learn some new words. Read some books.

You're right it's called being an asshat, and you're probably one too

In roller derby their called blockers but it's not just stunt races that brought blocking on its a common team tactic that I've experienced since the beginning.

Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 4

Of course it's trolling when other players purposely destroy a racing field so that a team-mate can win a race. It's not a deatmatch or adversary mode, it's racing. At least shootinalloveryourface has the grace to admit he does it, unlike you.

Actually, you can find this sort of tactic in real life racing as well, at least when there are teams involved. Teammates will prevent other racers from getting to the front and make sure their teammate wins, and even throw away their own victory at times. Of course, in real life there might be a judge that deems it unsportsmanly if they take it too far, there's no such thing in GTA Online.

• Like 2

Of course it's trolling when other players purposely destroy a racing field so that a team-mate can win a race. It's not a deatmatch or adversary mode, it's racing. At least shootinalloveryourface has the grace to admit he does it, unlike you.

Actually, you can find this sort of tactic in real life racing as well, at least when there are teams involved. Teammates will prevent other racers from getting to the front and make sure their teammate wins, and even throw away their own victory at times. Of course, in real life there might be a judge that deems it unsportsmanly if they take it too far, there's no such thing in GTA Online.

Yes, that's a good point. In F1, for example, there's the FIA and the racing panel overseen by Charlie Whiting, who look at all in-race incidents and decide whether to give grid penalties, time penalties, etc... depending on the seriousness of the incident. One car might legitimately go slower than he's able to, to effectively 'back-off' the other drives so that his team-mate can build up a decent gap, and that's pretty hard to detect.

To avoid all this nonsense, you can join a racing team like CLD9 or SHFT, or even NODO, for example, but this is double $$ racing for three whole days and people are using it to troll like never before - it's a shame really - but I'll be back to racing with proper people when this $$ promotion is over.

Fu*k the lot of them OP. Bunch of trolling pricks.

Races are a solo venture, there's no such thing as a Team. You should have reported every single one of them for griefing. Unfortunately this is the problem with races, there seems to be a growing mentality that if you can't win, you should ruin someone else chances of winning. The stunt races offer a better opportunity for creating a roadblock than in normal races, but it's not a new phenomenon. It's existed in normal races for as long as I've been racing.

There are a lot of fairly well-known racers out there who employ a similar tactic (they're usually hosting their own race) but maintain that they're 'clean' racers. I've raced against a few and there always seems to be that one racer who seems to be protecting them. The 'host' plays clean, but if it looks like they're going to lose to you a 'random' does everything they can to take you out. Bunch of sad cheating bast*rds.

Any deliberate attempt at ruining someones enjoyment of a game is griefing, period.

Edited by Tonguegirl

People who do this kind of s**t are exactly the term you used that earned you the ban. I haven't seen it during stunt races yet, but during regular races, absolutely and it's just one of the factors that makes racing such a source of frustration at times. Of course, I have noticed an increased amount of players who purposely try to ram you off the track so that you have to respawn.

I can't tell people how to play the game, but if you have to resort to low tactics and/or cheating to win, it not only shows that you're an arsehole but it's a sign of weakness and insecurity as well.

Race options >>> Destroy Last Place: 60 secs. (or set it on 'each lap' in a race with many laps)

No more trolling because after 60 secs their car explodes and they're forced into spectator mode. When I'm host I always use it.

Edited by GTA-Bobski

To deliberately block a passage so another racer can't get trough is trolling!

It's a shame that things like that happens. Really takes the fun out of racing.

But to OP - I know how it is and I used to get angry when it happend to me. These days I just quit - period. Don't let it irritate you too much.

When it comes to trolling trolls or arguing with assholes on xbox live.

Its better to never draw 1st blood. Because if you do they use it against you. Especially if its a text message.. and you send it 1st. They will use it against you.

You need to walk a fine line.. And bait them to verbally attack you 1st.. Once they do, then its time to play the game.. I've said some of of the nastiest most vile sh*t ever to some people. But because i baited them to do it 1st, they can't use it against me because they would also be punished if they report it.

I think this song says it all..lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYWcV2DIIHU

• Like 3

Fu*k the lot of them OP. Bunch of trolling pricks.

Races are a solo venture, there's no such thing as a Team. You should have reported every single one of them for griefing. Unfortunately this is the problem with races, there seems to be a growing mentality that if you can't win, you should ruin someone else chances of winning. The stunt races offer a better opportunity for creating a roadblock than in normal races, but it's not a new phenomenon. It's existed in normal races for as long as I've been racing.

There are a lot of fairly well-known racers out there who employ a similar tactic (they're ususally hosting their own race) but maintain that they're 'clean' racers. I've raced against a few and there always seems to be that one racer who seems to be protecting them. The 'host' plays clean, but if it looks like they're going to lose to you a 'random' does everything they can to take you out. Bunch of sad cheating bast*rds.

Any deliberate attempt at ruining someones enjoyment of a game is griefing, period.

I'm cool now, but on Wednesday afternoon I was 'bunch of c***********nts' raging red, LOL.

Anyway, I have a very nice friend who I enjoy playing with from time to time, although he's absolutely sh*te at GTA online. He constantly came in last and started to troll just out of frustration, so I see where it comes from - you're not good enough, you can't win, you're annoyed, frustrated, so mess it up for others and hopefully help out your team-mates in turn.

I get it, I really do. That's why race crews exist - full of great guys who love to race clean and avoid stuff like this.

• Like 2

Get a room guys, this conversation wasn't worth derailing a thread over, so get on-topic or face a temp.

• Like 2

emptyplayer

Lol OP. I've found trolls but none working together. Unless the troll is on first place I'll usually quit and find another to join.

I gave up racing other players yesterday. I've made way more money racing by myself as I'm guaranteed a $16,000 payout for each three lap race. I really only enjoy racing other people in traditional races anyway.

Edited by AUScowboy
  • Like 3

I'm cool now, but on Wednesday afternoon I was 'bunch of c***********nts' raging red, LOL.

Anyway, I have a very nice friend who I enjoy playing with from time to time, although he's absolutely sh*te at GTA online. He constantly came in last and started to troll just out of frustration, so I see where it comes from - you're not good enough, you can't win, you're annoyed, frustrated, so mess it up for others and hopefully help out your team-mates in turn.

Races are extremely frustrating. If anything in this game is going to make me ragequit, it's races. I don't recall ever rage-quitting in freemode, regardless of the level of annoyance, but I've lost count of how many races I've left. It's not because I'm losing, it's because the people I'm in with are just totally obnoxious. It's one thing to bump into another player, it's quite another to continue smashing into them to make them lose and then do the same to everyone else. It's just pathetic and it is griefing IMO.

• Like 3

kottonmouth401

Unfortunately, you see this all the time, but it has been pretty bad this week. Its usually one "racer" (who still races dirty) and two blockers. I guess they're trying to make up for lack of skill with strength of numbers. Its frustrating being robbed of a win, but I just leave the lobby after the race and take it as a compliment that it took a team of three to beat me.

• Like 3

Races are extremely frustrating. If anything in this game is going to make me ragequit, it's races. I don't recall ever rage-quitting in freemode, regardless of the level of annoyance, but I've lost count of how many races I've left. It's not because I'm losing, it's because the people I'm in with are just totally obnoxious. It's one thing to bump into another player, it's quite another to continue smashing into them to make them lose and then do the same to everyone else. It's just pathetic and it is griefing IMO.

I'm with you 100% - especially if you can win races in full fields through absolute merit. It's frustrating.

I don't race that much any more, but if you want to race clean seek out NightShift Racing (SHFT) on XB1 - GrassyGrishnak is the team-leader, or Cloud Nine (CLD9) - run by Bekjenet. They're all super guys and love clean racing. Or try NODO across all platforms run by Broughy1322. Great people.

Edited by Jenkiiii
  • Like 1

We Are Ninja

I ran into a similar crew of scrubs. I had built up a good head of steam; a 45 second lead on the field during a multi-lap race. I see cars sitting sideways on the course pulling forward and reversing trying to stop me. Failing that, they begin to sit at the entrance of tunnels. That does slow me down, but not 45 seconds worth. Finally, they sit 3 wide and box me in. One on each side and one from behind as they try to literally drag me off the edge of the course and sacrifice themselves in the process. They fail, and I claw my way back to the leader and am drafting him before I realize... that they made me miss a checkpoint. No angry messages or anything like that. This is GTA. This is the armpit of online gaming. I'd expect nothing more.

Besides. If your homie needs that much help to win, he doesn't deserve to win.

• Like 2

Cant-B-Faded

Classic b&m. I don't even know why this is a thread. If you've been here long enough you can post whatever you want?

The erratic 'rule' enforcement baffles me around here.

• Like 3

This happend to me the first day. That why i dont play them anymore. So many trolls make this event bad

• Like 2

NcT_Jogallo

They do that because they can't win… I usually win even with them.. so waste of time
Tip: never get nervous in a race, make a laugh, or you drive bad and you loose

• Like 2

Hellbendzor

Did around 10 races today... Five were messed up by griefers/blockers.. The other five were with a majority of genuine fairplay racers... I won three of those and lost two. Those lost two races were as satisfying as the wins... Lots of genuine tension, overtaking, slipstreaming, overtaking again... and losing to a better pilote... Very nice...

I have full faith that the latter section (fairplay racers) will increase after the double cash/rp event is over tomorrow, so we can enjoy some more fairplay races... However I think it's also nsafe to presume there will always be players (with no skill or desire to get better) who just like to mess up other people's enjoyment in the game... Sad vermin... Nothing more nothing less...

So I understand your reaction, OP... But next time, just lag yourself out... They're not worth it... :-)

• Like 3

My advice to orgainsed trolling. If you can't win, bet on them. If they give you the inside line (or you work it out), then extra money awaits.

Did around 10 races today... Five were messed up by griefers/blockers.. The other five were with a majority of genuine fairplay racers... I won three of those and lost two. Those lost two races were as satisfying as the wins... Lots of genuine tension, overtaking, slipstreaming, overtaking again... and losing to a better pilote... Very nice...

I have full faith that the latter section (fairplay racers) will increase after the double cash/rp event is over tomorrow, so we can enjoy some more fairplay races... However I think it's also nsafe to presume there will always be players (with no skill or desire to get better) who just like to mess up other people's enjoyment in the game... Sad vermin... Nothing more nothing less...

So I understand your reaction, OP... But next time, just lag yourself out... They're not worth it... :-)

You're absolutely right. I lost my cool with some random kids online, and I shouldn't have done so.

I then got an 'enforced' temporary XB1 ban message, which made me chuckle because I obviously got right under their skin after mass blocking them online, lol. I know how to troll big time myself when I want to... but I won't be doing it again, not if my precious GTA online experience might be affected.

You live and you learn. These GTA online trolling idiots are effectively protected by online gaming rules, and there's nothing we can do. There's no point getting angry at them because it can backfire, ouch, especially if they're organised. At the end of the day we have to moderate our own races and gaming experiences, because Rockstar won't do so. There should be clear rules about trolling/cheating online, but there aren't any.

Sorry for the rant(s) guys. Racing in random lobbies has been a hell-hole of mixed experiences since the beginning. Who remembers the bridge across Liberty City from the race 'Southern Switch' on GTA 4? There was always at least one little turd blocking the traffic at the end... it'll never change.