1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

/// REAL LIFE TRACKS - Recreations and Remakes

FR_Player-One

FR_Player-One

Special Stage Route 5, in case you missed my edited post. Feel free to let me know how Tokyo and Special turned out. Any feedback is appreciated.

http://rsg.ms/87e4743

Note: I might've put the start/finish line too close to the tunnel right? It should be back farther right? Like halfway?

I haven't played or seen in detail your tracks, so I can't say anything about it sorry ^^

No its cool I appreciate the feedback, you made some good points there that I'll certainly think about for any future tracks.

All I would say though is I was trying to make my tracks look like they could actually be real tracks, so the grey colour scheme is deliberate so it blends into the environment.

Plus putting tire walls on the inside of barriers is also deliberate as real circuits would have that on sharp turns, and they would probably be the same style/colour all the way round.

It really depends what you are wanting to achieve with your race I guess.

I know it is deliberate and I get your idea.

But you should also notice that on RL tracks, even urban ones, the turns are still marked and the ground color is often different (most of the time red). Using grey as your base is totally fine, you can also use black, or even white sometimes.

But in GTA, using the same only grey color all around the track, feels very monotonous like I said. So using colors on turns at least is a win-win situation.

About the barriers, yes indeed they use similar ones on real tracks (and of similar colors overall), but, rarely so close to the actual track on the outside of a turn... You gotta leave some space for mistake (overshoting the turn, crashing inside being throw off outside etc) and saving. Plus remember that those barriers in GTA stops the car or make it spin out, which is a pain in the a**.

People won't know the track as well as you do, and you have to guide them through the best you can.

Edited by FR_Player-One
  • Like 1
Iroquois

Just noticed that during my Tokyo R246 fine tunining when i replaced the normal roads with the barred/railed roads, the checkpoints disappeared, which in turn, deleted the turns on the map. The turns are there; i just forgot to place those checkpoints again. Ill re-add them later; but im about to go away on a important trip until wednesday so maybe then. Ill try to squeeze it in today.

Just noticed that during my Tokyo R246 fine tunining when i replaced the normal roads with the barred/railed roads, the checkpoints disappeared, which in turn, deleted the turns on the map. The turns are there; i just forgot to place those checkpoints again. Ill re-add them later; but im about to go away on a important trip until wednesday so maybe then. Ill try to squeeze it in today.

When you remove the prop that's under the checkpoint it always deletes it. I learned it the same way as you did haha.

• Like 1
doubleg213

When you remove the prop that's under the checkpoint it always deletes it. I learned it the same way as you did haha.

It can be a little frustrating that it does that. I've taken to pretty much building the whole race up exactly as I want it then adding the checkpoints last.

FR_Player-One

^That's what I'm doing, only placing the checkpoints at the end. It's the easiest and quickest step anyway.

Off Topic :

Again, anyone know how to fix the first post ? The "white background bug" of some text.
Before the end of the week that would be cool... (cause I will be away for a couple of weeks after that and I don't really want to leave it this way)

Edited by FR_Player-One
atheistsw

Hi guys,

A friend directed me to this thread. I've just finished making a GTA version of Hockenheimring, trying to get it as close as possible to the real track with GTA creator limitations. :whistle: It does also feature an authentic pitlane for GTA mode, unfortunately as it's classed a stunt race then I've left it as Standard for now as GTA provides far too much opportunity for random asshats to turn it into a warzone (when will R* give us the ability to turn OFF owned weapons in GTA Races?) Early feedback has been good, there's a video below so you can see for yourselves too, any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/dt_jWF4pbkC-LLvOXxMamA

Edited by atheistsw
  • Like 4
ThaBirdCoot

Hi guys,

A friend directed me to this thread. I've just finished making a GTA version of Hockenheimring, trying to get it as close as possible to the real track with GTA creator limitations. :whistle: It does also feature an authentic pitlane for GTA mode, unfortunately as it's classed a stunt race then I've left it as Standard for now as GTA provides far too much opportunity for random asshats to turn it into a warzone (when will R* give us the ability to turn OFF owned weapons in GTA Races?) Early feedback has been good, there's a video below so you can see for yourselves too, any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/dt_jWF4pbkC-LLvOXxMamA

Will check this out, some good stuff in this thread.

Iroquois

Its fixed

• Like 1
Nitty Don

Played Tsukuba Circuit (JP) from Player one's opening post a few days back with 12 other clean and fair racers, was a great race and very enjoyable to hot lap, great work :)

• Like 2
FR_Player-One

Played Tsukuba Circuit (JP) from Player one's opening post a few days back with 12 other clean and fair racers, was a great race and very enjoyable to hot lap, great work :)

Thank you, I've never got more than a couple a friends to race at the same time, I would have loved to see that.

By any chance have you recorded your race ? ^^

(Also I'm updating the OP with the couple of tracks I've missed)

Edited by FR_Player-One
  • Like 1
Iroquois

Hey FR_Player_One Buddy,

Would you accept the Hotring 8-Track Forum Race from Vice City and San Andreas? If not, I won't upload it

FR_Player-One

Hey FR_Player_One Buddy,

Would you accept the Hotring 8-Track Forum Race from Vice City and San Andreas? If not, I won't upload it

Sorry for the delay.

Of course.

I said remakes from other video games are fine too.

Especially if it comes from a previous GTA, that's a good throwback.

As long as it's well made :D

• Like 1
Iroquois

Hey FR_Player_One Buddy,

Sorry for the delay.

Of course.

I said remakes from other video games are fine too.

Especially if it comes from a previous GTA, that's a good throwback.

As long as it's well made :D

Ok just making sure. Yes i think its well made. There are few imperfections in the road because its hard to make a straight curving road for a figure 8 without the sides tilting up.

Yeah ill edit and post tomorrow. Im also going to do a bloodring banger version too. But the bloodring banger wouldnt be appropriate for this thread becoz the race wont be linear. The cps would be all over the place.

Hotring 8-Track

http://rsg.ms/332e0e6

New York (From Gran Turismo and real life)

http://rsg.ms/f3f8fce

Next up(off the top of my head):

Opera Paris

Rome

TBH, new york was difficult because it isnt populated with as much buildings and i had to create some so i had a lack of props. Also I might do some fixes to the NY track

Edited by Iroquois
  • Like 1
djdest

The crew I'm in did a playlist of about 10 tracks from this thread last night, they were all very impressed and loved them!
The only thing we felt worth a mention is that a few had traffic locked to on, and even though it doesn't affect the tracks, it did seem to be either causing or adding to some serious frame rate drops in places.

Maybe worth turning it off in creator just to avoid it being a potential problem.

I have also created a fictitious circuit, trying to fit it into the map with good surroundings rather than just floating in the air.

Any feedback is welcome :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3cqedMKU6E

Can be added to the game here for PS4:
  • Like 2
WestCoastRobby

I found a xbox one creator who is getting really good at making tracks here is a video of his Nurburgring Grand Prix circuit thats in the making.

Xbox One

Hey Buddies :)

With the vaste set of new props that came August 2nd, also came vaste possibilities.

Now that we are free from being forced to build on the ground, one of them is to recreate real life tracks from real life racing.

Just like I am, I'm sure many of you are, (if not fans) at least interested in some racing disciplines in real life.

And maybe you would like to see some of your favorites racing tracks in GTA Online.

This thread solely focuses on real life tracks, no "original" ones.

And no "I've made a track that 'kindaaa' ressembles this track... from afar, with eyesight problems and 32 stunt jumps and tubes on it."

But that can include recreations of fictional racetracks found in other video games (example : Gran Turismo).

COTA%20T15%20Panorama.jpg

(Circuit of The Americas - Austin,Texas, U.S.A.)

The objectives of this thread :

The objective is therefore to discuss this topic (thanks captain obvious), to allow people (you) to share their creations, permitting other players who are looking for this kind of tracks to find them easily.

But remember, as creators, the objective is also to help each other build them, and overcome the issues we could encounter with the Content Creator while we're building them. Considering that some tracks could be really challenging to put together if we want to be as accurate as possible.

Another objective is to make the best recreations / remakes possible in the end. For that, no selfishness is allowed.

What do I mean by that ?

If two, or more, of you plan on making one particular race track (on the same platform), either talk to each other and decide which one of you will make it, or both of you make it but after you're done with it, test it, choose the best one and seek improvement with each other's advice.

Know that we will only keep one of these two in the end. We don't need 55 Daytona remakes, 53 of them being badly made and/or having problems, you know what I mean.

The final goal being to have a set of very good and well made (the most accurately done possible / the most faithful to their real life counterpart) tracks at our disposal (our = we the players / racers), that we can enjoy and play with our crew or friends.

"Who" built them shouldn't matter. Do not seek "plays, likes, fame" (it won't make any difference in your life, and in some time you'll realize how useless it is). It's been 3 years that we're stuck with building on the ground, with poles everywhere and limited to the same roads portions etc, now is not the time to be selfish absolutely wanting to be "the one" who created this or that track.

And no d*ck fights over who's the best creator or whatnot.

We only compete during the race. Just enjoy the game and make the best of it :)

I'm only saying this preventively, don't get me wrong.

For the moment :

Here's a few things we can also talk about, discuss, and things I would like to know.

1) What is your favorite Real Life track (and from what discipline) ?

2) What track would you like to see recreated / like to play ?

3) What track do you plan to remake ?

4) Do you have ideas for the locations (on the map) you will use ?

Random Infos, Tips and Advices :

- Using any Stunt props will turn your race into a "Stunt Race".

- Whatever setting you define your race as (standard contact, non-contact, GTA race), will be the only one available. Players won't be able to change it once done. Only you, in the editor.

- The "Stunt" special physics is applied to vehicles during standard contact stunt races and no other game mode (apparently). Be aware of that.

- Save your progress as often as possible ! Think you don't need to save ? Let the game boot you back to Online for no reason and make you lose several hours of progress without a warning. Save more than necessary !

- Do not neglect the "advanced options" feature. It takes longer but it's very usefull to precisely place props, make new angles for turns etc.

- Make sure to spend some time and prop budget on the scenery, as much as you can (once you're happy with the actual track). Rather than letting the track float in mid air. The minimum should be to put large block underneath and in between the roads.

- Avoid tubes, jumps, etc that would not fit IRL racing tracks.

- The more immersive it is, the better. You basically want it to be... :

MxR_Immersive_PosterMock.png?v=146542026

- Any other tips, advices ? Feel free to share them :) This will be updated.

Thank you !

TicketsGPBarcelona_4.jpg

(Circuit de Catalunya - Barcelona, Spain)

When introducing / posting your track, a picture or a video is welcome. And please always mention your platform.

The list of tracks below are not necessarily "verified" or approved by anyone. They may not be up to my or your standard.

I only put them here at your disposal. You make your own opinion.

List will be updated.

Playstation 4 :

TSUKUBA Circuit (JP)

THRUXTON Circuit (UK)

SNETTERTON Circuit (UK)

SURFERS PARADISE Circuit (AUS)

ALBERT PARK Circuit (AUS)

VAL DE VIENNE (FR)

NORISRING (GER)

PEMBREY Circuit (UK)

TOP GEAR Test Track (UK)

CROFT Circuit (UK)

MONACO Grand Prix

Circuit GILLES VILLENEUVE (CA)

2_1.jpg

TOKYO R246 (JP - Gran Turismo)

SPECIAL STAGE Route 5 (JP - Gran Turismo)

NÜRBURGRING (GER)

HOCKEINHEIMRING (GER)

XBox One :

Nobody ? Let's start a war about console popularity :D

PC :

TSUKUBA Circuit (JP)

EBISU (Drift Variant) (JP)

2_0.jpg

--------------------------

Edited by WestCoastRobby
  • Like 1
djdest

I found a xbox one creator who is getting really good at making tracks here is a video of his Nurburgring Grand Prix circuit thats in the making.

Why not just be honest and say its your own? It does have your username in the description after all :lol:

PS. Take a look at the Nurburgring track that has already been posted, "the creator you found" needs to up his game.... A LOT! ;)

Edited by djdest
  • Like 1
atheistsw

So, I wouldn't say I'm 100% happy yet, but this is my recreation attempt of one of my all-time favourites, Laguna Seca Raceway. Looking for honest feedback to help me improve it, I realise with more props I could do a better job with the scenery but it's amazing how quickly 150 of the buggers disappear when you're trying to create from scratch...

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/8RLKf5tpAEqZ2g9bPl9Rzw

Edited by atheistsw
  • Like 2
Pedinhuh

Tsukuba Circuit is finally done !

Took me well over 16 hours to build, 8 to figure out the track itself and another 8 for the scenery.

It's not 100% accurate, or the road pieces doesn't always fit perfectly (due the slight elevation changes), therefore this isn't really up to my standards XD lol but that's probably as accurate as it will get... so there we go :)

Music : DJ Darkzone - Infinity In your Hands

No download link at the moment, because the Social Club is doing sh*t for meand I can't have a link... but I will add it as soon as it's fixed.

Anyway at least you can see what it looks like from the inside :)

Is this the job in the video?

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/fr_player-one/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/z2b7f9RP2Uytwi1966pFBg

Watched the video and I have to say I'm very impressed with what you did, specially the backgrounds.

Also, these japanese folks raced in your circuit I believe:

Edited by pedinhuh
  • Like 1
JuniorChubb

Why not just be honest and say its your own? It does have your username in the description after all :lol:

PS. Take a look at the Nurburgring track that has already been posted, "the creator you found" needs to up his game.... A LOT! ;)

...and on the video too thanks to R* Editors little intro text.

I cant really comment on the track as its a work in progress and the camera angles from the video obscure the track. To showcase your track you might be better off just using the standard record feature so we get the same view as the driver and a better idea of what the track looks like.

JuniorChubb

Someone make rainbow road

Someone has, I have raced it a couple of times...

Its not put together the way I would have done it, but we all approach things differently.

Someone make rainbow road

If I had a dollar for every time this has been said. Not to mention how many times I've supported it! ha ha

I came here to get xbox content and we got nothing? Come on.

XBox One :

Nobody ? Let's start a war about console popularity :D

I've made a couple on Xbox One.

1) Monaco (Cote D'Azur) : http://rsg.ms/5e2344c

2_0.jpg

^ @vipprimo ^ has featured it in a video on this subject :

2) Donington Park (Moto GP) : http://rsg.ms/5406033

Very famous UK track for those that don't know.

2_0.jpg

Both tracks are as close to real as I could make them. I only wish I could have ironed out some bumps where the elevation changes, but that one hits us all.

FR_Player-One

Updated First Post

Thanks to all of you for sharing your tracks, I've added them.

Being away for several weeks and not really playing GTA all this time makes things difficult for me to get back in the game and building etc.
I'm rusty AF now lol

Not sure if I will keep working on some remakes or only original tracks. But I for sure will follow other creators and check others' people remakes.
So keep posting if you keep building :)

• Like 3

Updated First Post

Thanks to all of you for sharing your tracks, I've added them.

Being away for several weeks and not really playing GTA all this time makes things difficult for me to get back in the game and building etc.

I'm rusty AF now lol

Not sure if I will keep working on some remakes or only original tracks. But I for sure will follow other creators and check others' people remakes.

So keep posting if you keep building :)

Thanks for keeping this thread alive and up to date man, your Tsukuba track was a real inspiration to even attempt real-world builds in the first place! :cool:

I've just finished a recreation of Brands Hatch Indy, I went for the shorter version as I wanted to try and make it more authentic in detail, but I feel the stunt physics make it wholly too easy to take most of the corners flat-out. :yawn: Ah well, have a gander and see for yourselves whether it's any good!

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/uMua-D-sKk-uJQOvwnd_Dw

Cheers

Edited by atheistsw
  • Like 3

PS4 Opera Paris

http://rsg.ms/2226c21

Take note that for some reason, whenever i perform the smallest edit on this track, it randomly alters something on the track; such as deletes checkpoints in a different part of the track, changes the color of props, dislocates the props, etcetera. It might be because i put too much detail in one area. I recreated this blue column/spire thats seen in the original track but the editing changes the color to gray/red so ignore it. I tried my best. Ill try to change it back next time. But the rest of the track is A-Okay