1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

/// REAL LIFE TRACKS - Recreations and Remakes

FR_Player-One

FR_Player-One

I will try to do what you want in the future! I am not very good creating races :/

^I'm sure you can figure things out and make it.

If you need advices or tips, or any help, just message me.

And worst case scenario, if you can't make it. Well, I'm gonna steal your idea :D

XD

Just kidding, but yeah I could do it eventually.

Edited by FR_Player-One
  • Like 1
DravenRainrix

Silverstone

http://rsg.ms/2ee0a5a

I feel the track is fairly accurate. The off track props aren't but I think they fit OK.

Nurburgring

http://rsg.ms/aa058b0

Track layout is about 90% accurate I think, there's a few minor changes to try and make it a GTA Super car race and not an F1 Simulation race, if that makes sense. There's also no elevation changes, very much a work in progress that I wpould love feed back on. :)

• Like 1
giraffeboy

Here's my recreation of the Marina Bay circuit in Singapore. Had to take a few liberties with elevation changes and proportions to fit it between buildings and over trees etc but I was going for the feel of a night race in the city more than getting it 100% accurate. In any case the basic layout is pretty close

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/xboxone/jobs/job/I4q7O5C7TkCvtulHu5b6HA

Edited by giraffeboy

My latest affort, realistic-ish but fictional racing circuit around the dockland area.

Again I have blended it into the environment as if it could be part of the map. This track has a street/marina circuit feel.

http://rsg.ms/6f489e2

• Like 1
FR_Player-One

Quick Update :

Tsukuba Circuit : Opened the pitstop (with a few minor changes), even tho it is not usefull nor recommended to go through it, cause you will miss the checkpoint lol, but it's there. And made the race for 16 players (instead of 15 - it refused to allow 16 at first).

Monza : Made it to turn 5 so far, had to re-do some parts already due to the editor clunkyness, it's really painful to build and the result isn't satisfying. I will only work on it time to time as it is so tideous. Don't know if or when it will be complete.

Working on other personnal tracks meanwhile (will not share them here) ^^

• Like 2

I came to the conclusion that trying to recreate real tracks is a pain in the arse due to the limitations of the creator.

It's much more satisfying I think to create fictional tracks but blend them into the environment as if they COULD really exist as part of the map. Far more emersive than tracks that float in the sky :-)

Edited by Mythaga

I came to the conclusion that trying to recreate real tracks is a pain in the arse due to the limitations of the creator.

It's much more satisfying I think to create fictional tracks but blend them into the environment as if they COULD really exist as part of the map. Far more emersive than tracks that float in the sky :-)

Completely agree. I'll still attempt to re-create at least one (well I did already but made it too low and the waves went through - face palm) but the prop limit is just such a hindrance...

Tracks that are only roads in the sky without any surrounding objects feel dead to me, you get bored after 2 laps.Tsukuba is a great example of a great real track, feels genuine.

I really really hope R* bumps the prop limit to at least 200. But I know it's not realistic to expect it unfortunately.

Edited by ReRo
  • Like 2
Melancholy Angel

Quick Update :

Tsukuba Circuit : Opened the pitstop (with a few minor changes), even tho it is not usefull nor recommended to go through it, cause you will miss the checkpoint lol, but it's there.

Why not use the secondary checkpoint for the pit stop?

FR_Player-One

Quick Update :

Tsukuba Circuit : Opened the pitstop (with a few minor changes), even tho it is not usefull nor recommended to go through it, cause you will miss the checkpoint lol, but it's there.

Why not use the secondary checkpoint for the pit stop?

Because this is the starting checkpoint.. You can't use secondary checkpoints for this one.

doubleg213

It would be nice if they gave us the option to create a duplicate for the startline as well, it's so close to everything being perfect for real world tracks on that score.

JuniorChubb

Super Mario Kart - Ghost Valley 1

Use the BIFTA

http://rsg.ms/9bb03a2

I have made Ghost Valley 1 too, the thing is I have had trouble with the shortcut and the boost and rockets.

I think I have got the shortcut as close to spot on as I can, you need a boost to clear the gap but its near impossible with a stock Bifta but easy with a fully modded. If I shorten the gap a stock Bifta can clear it with a boost but a modded one can clear it without a boost.

Also the boost/rocket icons do not always appear when I play the job. I was wondering if anyone knows any reasons that this glitch might appear? Maybe locking the cars to Bifta only for example?

I will post my track later :)

sleepwalk1980

Use the BIFTA

I have made Ghost Valley 1 too, the thing is I have had trouble with the shortcut and the boost and rockets.

I think I have got the shortcut as close to spot on as I can, you need a boost to clear the gap but its near impossible with a stock Bifta but easy with a fully modded. If I shorten the gap a stock Bifta can clear it with a boost but a modded one can clear it without a boost.

Also the boost/rocket icons do not always appear when I play the job. I was wondering if anyone knows any reasons that this glitch might appear? Maybe locking the cars to Bifta only for example?

I got my shortcut working with no boosts on an unmodded Bifta. It's probably not a wide as the MK version but it's there.

I didn't use a ramp or boost, just a little piece of track rotated to make a little kicker. Enough to flick you over the gap

Edited by sleepwalk1980
JuniorChubb

Use the BIFTA

I got my shortcut working with no boosts on an unmodded Bifta. It's probably not a wide as the MK version but it's there.

I didn't use a ramp or boost, just a little piece of track rotated to make a little kicker. Enough to flick you over the gap

I was thinking about that but I wanted it to be like in SMK where you need a boost (mushroom or feather) to clear the gap. The difference between the stock and fully modded Bifta is so huge it makes creating the right size gap a challenge (well a pain in the f*cking ass!).

Anyway, track to come soon...

sleepwalk1980

I think that's why I'm going to lock my race to the Bifta and ask hosts to not allow custom cars. Evens the playing field for everyone that way

FR_Player-One

I think that's why I'm going to lock my race to the Bifta and ask hosts to not allow custom cars. Evens the playing field for everyone that way

If I remember correctly,

When you lock a race to only 1 vehicle, I think it doesn't allow you to choose custom cars at all.

If I remember correctly,

When you lock a race to only 1 vehicle, I think it doesn't allow you to choose custom cars at all.

Yes that is correct. Annoying though sometimes you would like to lock it to a certain vehicle(s) but still allow custom cars, as some cars stock are not that great.

Edited by Mythaga
  • Like 1
MrGrandis

I am planning to make the Fuji Speedway but probably won't finish in a short period of time :/

• Like 1
JuniorChubb

I am planning to make the Fuji Speedway but probably won't finish in a short period of time :/

This is why many of plans do not get off the ground, Creator just sucks your life away...

• Like 1
Iroquois

Im currently working on Tokyo R246. Spent about 2 hours on it. I think it's decent. Just got to finish putting in the aesthetic props to make it look as accurate as possible.

Once im done, my near-future projects:

Seattle Circuit

Trial Mountain Circuit

Special Stage Route 5*

And a few other tracks from GT

GTA Hotring Racer Tracks (SA + VC)

*I know someone here has made or linked Special Stage Route 5; or maybe it was me that searched for it on Social Club :/

but honestly it was a bad re-creation.

• Like 2
Iroquois

Im currently working on Tokyo R246. Spent about 2 hours on it. I think it's decent. Just got to finish putting in the aesthetic props to make it look as accurate as possible.

Once im done, my near-future projects:

Seattle Circuit

Trial Mountain Circuit

Special Stage Route 5*

And a few other tracks from GT

GTA Hotring Racer Tracks (SA + VC)

*I know someone here has made or linked Special Stage Route 5; or maybe it was me that searched for it on Social Club :/

but honestly it was a bad re-creation.

Tokyo R246

http://rsg.ms/95dea1a

I ran out of props to close off the sides of the road and to add the sponsor boards in some parts; but let me know if there is anything i could delete that isnt needed.

Edited by Iroquois
  • Like 1
FabiancsjGT3

I have a new race from Gran Turismo, Complex String (almost) :whistle:
Link: http://rsg.ms/cdb2067

Its not a detailed track cause the prop limit and its not as difficult as the original track, but its a good track I think.

I´ll try to find a way to make the ``jumps´´ and remove the ups and downs to avoid the waves (Work In Progress)

Edited by FabiancsjGT3
Iroquois

Nearly done with my Special Stage Route 5. Just got to finish making the tunnel. Tunnel building takes a damn long time. Also, I put the track in downtown so that it has the same city feeling to it as the original SSR5. Because of the height and proximity to the buildings, there is 1 small section that was tweaked slightly because i had to make it squeeze between 2 buildings rather than have the road cut straight through the building, as the road is meant to be straight. However, it should be good. Ill edit this post with the link once im finished.

Here it is:

http://rsg.ms/87e4743

Edited by Iroquois
  • Like 1
Nitty Don

Are any of these races at ground level ? loving some of the recent GP races I have played but do not like anything that floats a mile above land level, if there are any ground level races please point them out and I will happily BM and play :)

• Like 1
FR_Player-One

Anybody can help me fix the first post ?
I was editing it, adding new races etc and then the background of some text / links turned white and I can't change it... :/

My latest affort, realistic-ish but fictional racing circuit around the dockland area.

Again I have blended it into the environment as if it could be part of the map. This track has a street/marina circuit feel.

http://rsg.ms/6f489e2

Here's the problems with your races tho (in general, from what I've seen).

They're too damn grey !
lol

But seriously, add some colors to them, to the track props.

What I advise (and like to do) is choosing a color scheme for different pieces (ex : yellow + yellow&black + eventually a third one, grey). Choose one for the straight parts, or easy parts where you just accelerate. And another for the turns, where you have to brake, or be careful in general.
You can even indicate the difficulty of the turns like this (ex: straight black or grey, medium black+yellow or yellow, hard yellow or red)

Not only this will look better in general (and closer to a real life track!), but it's also a lot more pleasing to drive on it. And this visually helps you to navigate through the track. Creating patterns eases the learning ^^
If you mainly used the snapping tool to place your track props, it should be really easy to switch them for colored ones.

Yours feels really monotonous at the moment, and you have to break that.

Same goes for your use of sponsor barriers / rails / tires stacks... Do not just spam them in some corners, you have to place one here and there, well placed.
Also, the tires stacks bumps the cars off and are very likely to make it spin out or over, which is not very good to put exactly where people will crash. If you had colored turns already, you could place the sponsor behind it. Which would help the look, and make it better for people crashing here.

To finish with breaking the monotony, you can add parts of the track without rails, with more open space... that will consume more props (~5 instead of 1 or 2) cause you will have to put something underneath, and manually place other types of walls etc, but it's important especially when you're using (or are forced to use) a lot of track parts with rails.

I'm not one to rule over the building racetrack rules lol but just giving you some advices, I hope you don't take it the wrong way, cause I'm sure this can only help you and obtain better results in the future.

I've built a similarily themed track as you this past week (not copied after you lol It's a personal one, too, not a remake of real life track), seeking this "street/marina circuit" feel to it. And I would like you to compare both tracks and how they feel.
You should see what I mean with the advices I just told you. And hopefully that helps you ^^

Edited by FR_Player-One
Iroquois

Special Stage Route 5, in case you missed my edited post. Feel free to let me know how Tokyo and Special turned out. Any feedback is appreciated.

http://rsg.ms/87e4743

Note: I might've put the start/finish line too close to the tunnel right? It should be back farther right? Like halfway?

Edited by Iroquois

@FR_Player-One

No its cool I appreciate the feedback, you made some good points there that I'll certainly think about for any future tracks.

All I would say though is I was trying to make my tracks look like they could actually be real tracks, so the grey colour scheme is deliberate so it blends into the environment.

Plus putting tire walls on the inside of barriers is also deliberate as real circuits would have that on sharp turns, and they would probably be the same style/colour all the way round.

It really depends what you are wanting to achieve with your race I guess.

Edited by Mythaga