2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Cannot Edit Published Jobs

-LN-

I am not sure if this is tied to the upcoming update, but I cannot view, edit or update any of my published jobs in the creator. Today was the first day that I have tried in quite sometime; whenever I attempt to load the published job, it says "The Job Failed to Download, Please Try Again." After the message, you are put into a blank map of whichever job type you were attempting to edit.

I have tried this with four different jobs and nothing works.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Edited by LN-MLB

FR_Player-One

I see I'm not the only one having this problem...

Last time I've tried to edit my 10 Rally races (to include new cars etc), and 4 over the 10 couldn't be loaded, for some mysterious reasons...
Tried several times to load them and it was always the same races having this problem.

Few days later I wanted to update another race. And it did the same thing, but this time when I re-tried to load it it worked...

Go figure...

I see I'm not the only one having this problem...

Last time I've tried to edit my 10 Rally races (to include new cars etc), and 4 over the 10 couldn't be loaded, for some mysterious reasons...

Tried several times to load them and it was always the same races having this problem.

Few days later I wanted to update another race. And it did the same thing, but this time when I re-tried to load it it worked...

Go figure...

Very strange.

I had the chance to play some custom maps earlier (ones that I have played many times in the past) and there were numerous issues and bugs. During one race, everyone but one person missed the first CP despite driving right through it--it wasn't exactly close to the starting grid either; vehicle placements were glitching and spawning on top of each other during TDMs; and there were re-spawn directional issues in both races and captures.

I'm hoping these issues will all be worked out in the coming update, but unfortunately, it will likely break more and solve none of them. I hate to sound pessimistic, but every update seems to break something within the creator and custom jobs.

Sancho Pantches

I used to be able to play my saved, but not published races,

(for fast traveling around the map).

Since i updated the available wheedles in those races,

i don't see them in the my jobs menu.

:(

Numerous new bugs got introduced during the last weeks. The failed to load job issue might be related to recent hotfixes for the teleport and copy job glitch. To get access to the job again, restart the game. Helps, but it's very annoying. However, there are other bugs that may kick you out of your project, so make sure you always save your progress. Otherwise:

Also, help yourself and fellow creators by regularly emailing R*. Adress the most annoying issues, like prop alignment. They need to give us a proper downloadable patch. If you expect any fixes on August 2nd, you'll be disappointed.

I used to be able to play my saved, but not published races,

(for fast traveling around the map).

Since i updated the available wheedles in those races,

i don't see them in the my jobs menu.

:(

Strange, I haven't seen this issue yet. :/

Numerous new bugs got introduced during the last weeks. The failed to load job issue might be related to recent hotfixes for the teleport and copy job glitch. To get access to the job again, restart the game. Helps, but it's very annoying. However, there are other bugs that may kick you out of your project, so make sure you always save your progress.

Also, help yourself and fellow creators by regularly emailing R*. Adress the most annoying issues, like prop alignment. They need to give us a proper downloadable patch. If you expect any fixes on August 2nd, you'll be disappointed.

I tried this and it fortunately worked. However, upon a different re-launch, I encountered the same problem--it seems to be very hit or miss.

Yeah, definitely always save progress. I've lost countless projects and edits in the past through crashes and errors.

R* is probably sick of hearing from me though, and it's downright impossible to get past the people in Tier I support, who I am convinced are either automated or haven't a clue about anything regarding the game at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Having this issue now to. I saved a race, started panning around the map, then my PC crashed which is a very rare occurrence with this rig. I then proceeded to load back into the game only to find out everything I have in the creator fails to download, published and saved... It was fresh off a save to so I though I would be okay, now I think I would have rather lost some progress on my track instead of having it totally glitched away.

Hoping it somehow magically fixes itself while I'm away today but I doubt it will. Have you guys had any luck getting stuff going again?

I can not load my saved track. I get the same message as OP, "Job failed to download Please try again."

I was already pretty annoyed at the damn snap props not connecting the props straight. So after deciding to save what progress I made then returning later to try again I was furious.