1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Should armoured trucks and crait drops return?

potato_hater

potato_hater

With increase incentive since there's already so many ways to make money which was the reason they removed it im guessing

I miss them tbh but i didn't notice they were actually gone for a while

• Like 1

HeistsActivist

Definitely need to. They would make the game more interesting

• Like 2

Seeing how "special crates" now means something entirely different, I think we've seen the last of the OG ones.

Armoured Trucks spent so long broken (in our favour - endless Trucks, mucho casho) that same goes for them, sadly.

• Like 3

potato_hater

Seeing how "special crates" now means something entirely different, I think we've seen the last of the OG ones.

Armoured Trucks spent so long broken (in our favour - endless Trucks, mucho casho) that same goes for them, sadly.

Tbh it was only 5k for one though. But yeah i remember that exploit, now you can make more just from headhunter

How To Get Away with M

They have been replaced by the better Free Mode Events with the Free Mode Events Update.

However gameplay situations similar to crate drops and armored trucks can erupt in Crate/CEO gameplay as some crate missions are designed similar to them.

Tbh it was only 5k for one though. But yeah i remember that exploit, now you can make more just from headhunter

I thought it was more like 8500, but it's been a while.

I used to love climbing on top of the truck in passive mode, wait for someone to blow the doors and then just step off onto the money bags, no wanted level :D

I like the new events better. And since the armored trucks are used in buying crates there's no way they will return.

JoeBoneless

I like the new events better. And since the armored trucks are used in buying crates there's no way they will return.

What? They only have one use at a time?

Personally I don't think they will be back but my for that reason, although I do miss them.

I absolutely loved crate drops but my guess is like most things in this game, a bunch of kids cried when they didn't get beer hats and rockstar decided oooooh we better make this more fair for everyone and took it out

I loved beating people to those crates

As much as I like a lot of the current Freemode events, I wouldn't care if some of them were removed and replaced with enhanced versions of Armoured Trucks, Crate Drops and Trevors' 'Destroy Vehicle'.

So yeah, why not. But get rid of some of the current ones like 'Penned-In', 'Moving Target' and 'Hold the Wheel'. The first one has always sucked and the other two are too tiresome to even bother doing. A retro refresh would be welcome.

why can't we have both? same goes for the smuggler planes, why did R* have to get rid of them?

• Like 2

I mean they've been repurposed.

How To Get Away with M

As much as I like a lot of the current Freemode events, I wouldn't care if some of them were removed and replaced with enhanced versions of Armoured Trucks, Crate Drops and Trevors' 'Destroy Vehicle'.

So yeah, why not. But get rid of some of the current ones like 'Penned-In', 'Moving Target' and 'Hold the Wheel'. The first one has always sucked and the other two are too tiresome to even bother doing. A retro refresh would be welcome.

Moving Target and Hold the Wheel are the most fun ones if enough players are participating.

Penned in is also one of the best ones as it is an inlobby race, however Players never participate which is a shame.

nWo_Y2J_2015

The Armored Trucks already have returned, technically, with Cargo missions.

Crate Drops would be cool, but since the server has been kinda crap lately, it'd be a challenge just to get a chance. Seems they decided to punish us for trying to get solo Public Lobbies by making it hard to get into a session with others. My internet seems fine, no change, so it's probably their end. Hopefully they fix it.

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015

Everything needs to return.

The crates, the armored trucks, the HPVs, the assassination targets, the aircraft takedowns... everything should come back.

Chasing armoured trucks around the map was really fun, especially when two or three people were competing for the same prize. It was really satisfying blowing the back doors open with a sticky bomb, jumping out of your car and running over the sacks of 'free' money.

We all know it was an exploit that was abused though - sometimes trucks would re-spawn over and over again, enabling you to pull off the same trick and earn potentially hundreds of thousands, but other times trucks would spawn on the map but not be there when you arrived, or just drive around the map endlessly but have no money in them.

It was bug-ridden, Rockstar removed them, but there's no reason why they couldn't make a return at a future date - just remove 'Penned In' and replace it with something better that people regularly play.

• Like 2

nWo_Y2J_2015

What is a Crait ?

A misspelled 'Krait'...Imagine these kinds of drops!

krait
krīt/
noun
  1. a highly venomous Asian snake of the cobra family.
Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015
  • Like 3

Cackling Jack

why can't we have both? same goes for the smuggler planes, why did R* have to get rid of them?

Same with those Simeon High Priority Vehicles. I miss doing those.

They have been replaced by the better Free Mode Events with the Free Mode Events Update.

I'm sorry, but what? Every lobby I get into barely anyone does them, you make less money than you did by destroying smuggler planes, robbing armored trucks and distract the cops from Lester.

These should be put back into the game period also special crates.

• Like 1

TyphoonJames

I seem to be the only player in a session to take interest in those last three events. :/ In fairness, I think the novelty has worn off and I wasn't playing GTA O at the time of their release Edited by TyphoonJames

nWo_Y2J_2015

distract the cops from Lester.

I agree...but this part made me laugh.

potato_hater

What is a Crait ?

A misspelled 'Krait'...Imagine these kinds of drops!

krait

krīt/

noun

•  

a highly venomous Asian snake of the cobra family.

Kraits are not in the cobra family mind you

Kraits are in their own family, Bungarus

Same with those Simeon High Priority Vehicles. I miss doing those.

Simeon's a con-man, screw him.

Take the blue-pearlescent Sentinel XS that sells for 17.5 at the local mod-shop. Take that little beauty to Simeon and he'll give you a regular 9k-odd for it. Bastard :)

kottonmouth401

+1 for the return of SPECIAL crate drops with unique clothing items, even if they only do it for certain occasions. Trying to beat a lobby full of rabid wolverines to the ultimate prize of a top hat that shoots fireworks would make for a fun weekend.

Side note: Penned In is fun as hell. If only anyone would ever play it. I've spent a lot of lonely minutes driving in circles under that purple energy dome, probably soaking up dangerous levels of radiation, and all for nothing

I'd play Penned In more if Rockstar weren't such spoilsports

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

• Like 2

Rather than destroy rival ceo crates, I'd like the option to steal them for my own warehouse instead.

The old armored trucks were indeed broken and exploitable. I understand why they were removed, but I'd love to see them fixed and returned.

Special crate drops were an interesting way for R* to give out special items to players. They should be added back considering their associated completion awards. I was able to collect the required crates on OG, but many players have not.

• Like 1

Rather than destroy rival ceo crates, I'd like the option to steal them for my own warehouse instead.

people would just change sessions on you. No one ever thinks this suggestion through. I know I'm not chasing ANYONE for 2k. The ammo alone is a waste. Edited by TreFacTor

Charles_Lee_Raye

Personally I don't think they will be back but my for that reason, although I do miss them.

I absolutely loved crate drops but my guess is like most things in this game, a bunch of kids cried when they didn't get beer hats and rockstar decided oooooh we better make this more fair for everyone and took it out

I loved beating people to those crates

I thought they removed them because they never worked?? I can't count how many times I was in a lobby with one of those green circles to never have a crate drop.

Good riddance, cool in theory but a broken mechanic tied to rare special items was infuriating. Pretty sure most b!tched about them never spawning. I never got a beer hat because they never actually dropped the crates.

They should bring them back, or get rid of the awards for destroying planes, robbing trucks, etc. I think there was a tattoo linked to these that'll forever remain locked for anyone who didn't do them on LG.

aaronBLUEeyes

$5k for armored trucks? We earned as little as zero if it was the beginning or end of their route but we earned as much as $30k and averaged 17-20 something thousand on 360.