3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

c39687

Why is AI Melee such sh*t?

c39687

How do I make peds attack each other instead of dancing around looking at each other? (And yes they are in melee combat when acting like this).

In IV the peds were aggressive, You could make 10 vs 10 with bats and they'd go crazy on each other. In V, 2 of them fight at a time and the others all watch and their meleecombat property is true. V engine is some horsesh*t is some areas like melee.

Is there a way to make them go crazy? Even zombie mods I see look like sh*t cause the zombies try to box you xD

c39687

Update2: C Melee Manager = 100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtp2JDngvZE

IV Melee Battle (Chaos)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYo50NfrjmA

Update: After updating GameConfig.xml...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2PMFAMjww8

V Melee Battle (AI fights one at a time and waits for each other)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR7QMSHsGjc

Edited by c39687

c39687

added the iv video

c39687

what is all that?

InfamousSabre

Notepad-editable data in gameconfig.xml.

Use OpenIV to find gameconfig.xml in Grand Theft Auto V\update\update.rpf\common\data , then extract the file. Make the changes I've made above, replace the file in OpenIV, then try out your Braveheart script.

You may want to increase CombatMeleeManager_Groups a bit more though. That number basically is the number of peds who can use Melee at once, and you have a lot of people fighting in your script.

Edited by InfamousSabre

c39687

Use OpenIV to find gameconfig.xml in Grand Theft Auto V\update\update.rpf\common\data , then extract the file. Make the changes I've made above, replace the file in OpenIV, then try out your Braveheart script.

You may want to increase CombatMeleeManager_Groups a bit more though. That number basically is the number of peds who can use Melee at once, and you have a lot of people fighting in your script.

awesome ill try it out, then maybe i can figure out a way to edit this in memory... because i would like the game to go back to normal after a battle

thanks for the tip

i can probably use CE to load some crazy values and see where this stuff is

Edited by c39687

InfamousSabre

awesome ill try it out, then maybe i can figure out a way to edit this in memory... because i would like the game to go back to normal after a battle

thanks for the tip

Funny you should mention that because Leftas is helping me edit this in memory right now.

But really, it doesn't affect normal gameplay much. Makes it slightly better, if anything.

c39687

thanks for the tip

Funny you should mention that because Leftas is helping me edit this in memory right now.

But really, it doesn't affect normal gameplay much. Makes it slightly better, if anything.

oh cool, well if u figure anything out let me know, im gonnsa play around with CE later and see if i can find the addresses

unknown modder

thanks for the tip

changing pool sizes after they have been initialized is an easy way to get an overflow error. Better of just using gameconfig and mods folder

c39687

thanks for the tip

changing pool sizes after they have been initialized is an easy way to get an overflow error. Better of just using gameconfig and mods folder

true i i kinda realized that after the fact when i looked at what i was trying to edit

i guess im just gonna edit the file and be done with it

Edited by c39687

c39687

well there is more chaos it seems, i think it is fixed, not as chaotic as iv but a huge improvement

InfamousSabre

well there is more chaos it seems, i think it is fixed, not as chaotic as iv but a huge improvement

how many peds do you spawn and what did you set the melee manager pool size to? Can we see an updated video?

c39687

how many peds do you spawn and what did you set the melee manager pool size to? Can we see an updated video?

i set all the values you used and i am clearing the world and setting ped/veh densities to 0 each frame and then spawning 30 vs 30... with melee weapons, gta is stable but with guns firing it can cause gta to crash sometimes

ill make a vid now

Edited by c39687

c39687

updated with the new video in the above post

InfamousSabre

i set all the values you used and i am clearing the world and setting ped/veh densities to 0 each frame and then spawning 30 vs 30... with melee weapons, gta is stable but with guns firing it can cause gta to crash sometimes

ill make a vid now

30 vs 30 so probably only half the peds are fighting. set melee manager to 60 and see how that does. Looks pretty cool though

Edited by InfamousSabre

c39687

ok ill try 60... and yeah much improved

edit: screw it, im gonna test 100

100 made it really good... InfamousSabre, you're my hero :inlove:

now if only some modder would make me 1300s soldier, scottish and english ped models... oh and swords :sarcasm:

:orly:

Edited by c39687

c39687

added the melee manager = 100 video above

InfamousSabre

Lol it looks awesome now. Glad I could help :)