1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
ULPaperContact

Days Gone

Days Gone Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to this game?

ULPaperContact

So Sony Bend announced 'Days Gone' at E3 this year, and I wanted to hear your thoughts. Unless there's already a topic for this.

A mess of quotes about the game from Playstation.com:

"Days Gone is an open-world action-adventure game set two years after a devastating global pandemic. Play as Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter facing a brutal struggle for survival, searching for a reason to live."

"At its core, Days Gone is about survivors and what makes them human: desperation, loss, madness, betrayal, friendship, brotherhood, regret, love – and hope. It’s about how even when confronted with such enormous tragedy they find a reason to live. Hope never dies."

"Using the power of PlayStation 4 and Unreal Engine 4, Days Gone offers an incredibly realistic and detailed open-world experience. Vast and hostile environments can be fully explored on the back of Deacon’s Drifter bike. Abandoned vehicles can be searched for useful items. Towns and buildings can be entered and searched – at great risk. All lighting is done in real time – eye adaption technology creates a real sense of dread when entering dark buildings; day and night have an impact on the experience; weather affects enemy behavior."

"Exemplifying true, free-form gameplay, Days Gone offers freedom to explore, strategize and play “your way.” Every challenge can be approached and completed in an almost infinite number of ways. Many different items and weapons can be crafted using items found in the field, including brutal melee weapons and traps. Customizable weapons and skills offer true freedom in how the game is played."

"In addition to human Drifters, marauders and militia, Deacon must face a wilderness overrun by Freakers – mindless, feral creatures, more animal than human but very much alive and quickly evolving. Freakers have needs, habits and behaviors that the player can learn and adapt to."

"The harsh high-desert of the Pacific Northwest offers a large variety of environments in a single geographical area. One minute Deacon can be riding through a pristine forest, a snow field, a lush meadow, and the next, be in the harsh desert lava fields. The hazardous environments, scarred by millions of years of volcanic activity, are defined by ancient lava flows, mountains, caves, cliffs and river basins, delivering a breathtaking backdrop to an equally diverse style of gameplay. Cinnabar mines, lava tube caves and small rural towns offer a variety of environments to explore. "

The Game's Annoucement Trailer:

The Game's Gameplay Demo:

The Game's Playstation.com Page:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/days-gone-ps4/

What do y'all think? I think it looks pretty slick.

Edward Nashton

It looks like The Last of Us meets the World War Z film. Eh, I've got to see more of it, but at this point it's hard to take video games serious who play it straight when it comes to zombies, that's why the other prominent zombie franchises are the goofy ones like Dead Rising and Dead Island (well, DI 2 seems to be taking that direction), Dying Light played it straight and IMO it was pretty forgettable.

Richard Power Colt

The one thing that looks interesting about this game is the World War Z-esque horde of zombies. That's not something I've seen other games do. Other than that it looks kinda generic and meh, but we'll see more of what it has to offer eventually.

the_grizzly_man

Bikes, guns and zombies - what's not to like?

SonOfLiberty

Looks like the love child of TLAD and Undead Nightmare. I'm in.:)

Osho

Wow! I read the details available so far and feels quite an interesting game to look forward to. The only issue is with the platform exclusivity.

If it goes well and ends up being praised then I'll definitely pick this game.

Fireman

My problem with every zombie game, but Project Zomboid, is that I miss the survival aspect of a zombie apocalypse.

This seems to be mostly unlimited ammo (yeah it shows an ammo count, but he still has 900 bullets) and shooting, which I'm not interested in.

Edited by Fireman

feckyerlife

i was until it was revealed to be another Zombie game.

Freakorama

Here's some interesting stuff I dug up about this game.

ULPaperContact

My problem with every zombie game, but Project Zomboid, is that I miss the survival aspect of a zombie apocalypse.

This seems to be mostly unlimited ammo (yeah it shows an ammo count, but he still has 900 bullets) and shooting, which I'm not interested in.

That was only to show the sheer amount of zombies, the devs mentioned that you won't have that much ammo and that the zombies would be tougher.

Fireman

I'm just saying what it looks like. It mainly looks like gameplay and QTE, I don't like gunplay or QTE.

Edited by Fireman

ULPaperContact

Ah. I didn't see many QTEs, but I did see button prompts to do certain things. And considering gunplay is a huge part of a zombie game, I can expect you wouldn't be looking forward to it.

Fireman

And considering gunplay is a huge part of THIS zombie game, I can expect you wouldn't be looking forward to it.

Fixed that for you.

But yeah I meant the button prompts.

ULPaperContact

No, action-adventure zombie games, excluding some novelties *cough* Typing of the Dead *Cough* have guns as a huge part of it, at least recently. Arcade zombie shooters are excluded.

Dead Island Series

The Last Of Us

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (It's got a standalone, so it counts)

Contagion

Dead Nation

State of Decay

Dying Light

A f*ckton more. Seriously, look up 'zombie action adventure games', and I guarantee you, it's got zombies.

Edited by ULPaperContact

Pat

To be fair, Dead Island and Dying Light put a much bigger emphasis on melee combat than gunplay, and in my experience firearms were very rare in Dead Island (I haven't played Dying Light so I can't comment on it). The same is true of the Dead Rising series, where firearms are so rare that they're basically a novelty. Still, gunplay definitely reigns supreme in the majority of examples; just not those three specifically.

ULPaperContact

In Dying Light and Dead Island (Made by the same people, that's important) Guns are needed as one of the characters specializes in them, and many mods ONLY go on guns. It's also nigh impossible to kill the human enemies with melee. Dead Rising is arcadey, and excluded from the argument.

Hey Pat, while you're here, got an opinion on the game?

Pat

I'm cautiously optimistic. I enjoyed The Last of Us (although I think it was grossly overrated) and it would be nice to have an open world survival game with AAA polish. It is this studio's biggest project yet, however, and I'm concerned about performance. I wouldn't have played through TLoU if it had been locked at 30fps.

At the very least, it'll give me a reason to clean the dust off of my PS4.

Fireman

I'm a bit drunk so don't make too much of this post, though I wrote this post earlier without posting it so it's kind of based on sober truth.

Firstly, why would I google for something I"m not interested in? If I google "zombie shooter" I'll end up with zombie shooters, no sh*t.

Second, a lot of game you mentioned, Dead Island, Dying Light, State of Decay aren't shooters. I wouldn't even call Dying Light and Dead Island good games. They were made just to kill zombies in the most gruesome ways, which is a lot of fun. Also a lot of other zombie games are more about survival and gathering loot and basebuilding, which I enjoy much more.

I don't like zombie shooters, this looks like a zombie shooter, hence I don't like it. If it's goign to end up to be something more, I might still fall in love with it.

esmittystud101

I'm hoping for a little MMO style zombie survival kind of game. Not full blown MMO or anything. But to be able to meet up with a few randoms or buddies.........oh the joy we could all have. :)

Fuzzknuckles

The Last of Us and Mad Max movement animations - Check.

Tuffgais on modahbaikes - Check.

Pretty mountainous scenery - Check.

Yeah I'll probably check this out but it looks incredibly formulaic.

HeavyDuke

Well, they have the bike riding physics clearly done a 1000x times better then GTA V already. Thats pretty good.

Edited by HeavyDuke

Fuzzknuckles

Well, they have the bike riding physics clearly done a 1000x times better then GTA V already. Thats pretty good.

As it appears to be the main focus for vehicles, you'd hope they'd get one of the central mechanics of the game right...

Cosmic Gypsy

2 gripes with this game, from what i can see on the trailer...

Protagonists Sprinting looks slow, the animation and speed, but especially the animation.

I'm more of a car kinda guy.

Erik Decimus

On my Top Five short list of most anticipated games, this ranks as no. 1.

​I love the footage I've seen..

Day one.

Edited by Erik Decimus

Mr_Zombly

This actually looks fun, at first I was getting a last of us feel but then the hordes of zombies came up. It looks less linear than the Last of Us too.

ULPaperContact

Am I the only one who noticed the protag's name was something unique?

Turan

It looks like we're getting another top tier PS4 exclusive...

5wxlr4a.gif

iqQ9vT3.gif

rpDOiQG.gif

Turan

The game is releasing this friday. We’re getting the reviews on thursday.

So far the impressions from the people who are playing this game suggest this is going to be yet another good PS4 exclusive. 

I don’t think it will be top tier like GOW or the Naughty Dog games, but more along the lines of Horizon and Spider-man.

Anyway, I’m really excited for this one. Recently got done playing Sekiro so I’m looking for a new time sink. 

HaRdSTyLe_83

cant wait for another zombie game... /s

SonOfLiberty

Pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition last night.😎