1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Tribute To MIDNIGHT CLUB

AxelEurope

MIDNIGHT CLUB Games  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite game in the franchise?

• Midnight Club: Street Racing
    • Midnight Club II
    • Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition (+Remix)
    • Midnight Club: Los Angeles (+Remix)

I made this video as a tribute to Midnight Club, especially to Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition (who played this game, can founds some references in my video) I truly believe that Midnight Club was and is one of the best racing game franchise of videogames history. Sadly Rockstar looks not interested (for now) to make a new game, last one was Midnight Club: Los Angeles, probably din't make so much revenues as Rockstar was expecting, but the entire Midnight Club franchise made a lot of money and popularity to Rockstar.

No game make me feel again the essence of Midnight Club, that tuning, those customization, those vehicles, those cities, those songs (excellent soundtrack), those histories... Damn, I really miss Midnight Club.

I made this tribute as a fan, the song used is Kasabian - Club Foot, one of my favorites Rock songs, who I meet right in Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, this song was in the game soundtrack.

Hope you enjoyed, any constructive criticism is welcome, I know there is some mistakes, and some cameras troubles, but in those last week I've been interrupted with a lot of problems of Mods, GTA Online Update affected ScriptHook V, and from last uptade Rockstar created problems for export videos from Rockstar Editor, well... I had a bad week, hopefully I will come better with each new video I make.

In the future I have also others projects in mind, as remake Midnight Club: Los Angeles intro and Driver (1998) intro as well.

If you enjoyed the video, I would really be grateful if you give it a Like, but also I want to read some comments, I make this video for us, Midnight Club Nostalgic players, so tell me your memories of this awesome franchise :)

1fm4.png

DELETED SCENES

Edited by AxelEurope

I thoroughly enjoyed your video! You would have gotten me more if you used the music from the Midnight Club II commercial :D

DJDarkzone - Infinity in your hands (if anyone is interested)

Edited by V4S
  • Like 4

FR_Player-One

Hey Axel !

Amazing work on this video !
Midnight Club is indeed one of my favorite racing (+tuning) game (with NFS:Underground and Juiced 2).
I've played MC3 DUB Edition and MC:LA, I still have pictures of my cars on my PC lol

And these music... :) I think I'm gonna search more of the OST of these games, totally went off my mind how good it was lol

BTW, While I'm here, I may as well let you know that I have only seen yesterday the message you left me on Youtube like 4 months ago... XD

Yeah, accessing messages on YT isn't really obvious, and there is no notifications either, so.
Sorry I didn't reply back then. But I checked the previous video you were talking about in this message.

Also you're going to make the Driver intro tribute before I do... ^^ lol

Edited by FR_Player-One

I thoroughly enjoyed your video! You would have gotten me more if you used the music from the Midnight Club II commercial :D

DJDarkzone - Infinity in your hands (if anyone is interested)

Wow! It sounds very good, it give directly the feel of streets racing, look:

I've been working 3 weeks in this video, I reached 17 minutes of recording and I just used 5 minutes, so I can make almost another entire video about Midnight Club, if you like of the idea, I will use this song in the video showing the cutscenes (I will not just put there the clips, I will elaborate a cute thing) do you like of how it sounds? :)

But this one was my principal video and the song I used (Kasabian - Club Foot) was because is my Ringtone (my favorite song), I lessen it in MC3 DUB Edition for first time, nostalgia, it inspired me to make this video (I thinked in making this video back in Summer of 2015, but I was changing home, Saving money for buy a powerful PC blablabla) and in March of this year I released an teaser searching volunteers for help me making this project, 2 months after 2 YouTubers made their tributes (there wasn't exactly tributes as mine, one was like a Midnight Club cars showcase and the other one the Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Opening remake, and I admit he do it a excellent work) so a but scary for don't hurry up I decided make this in the "hard way" and use all the mods I can and Voilá.

I really appreciate your comment n.n

Hey Axel !

Amazing work on this video !

Midnight Club is indeed one of my favorite racing (+tuning) game (with NFS:Underground and Juiced 2).

I've played MC3 DUB Edition and MC:LA, I still have pictures of my cars on my PC lol

And these music... :) I think I'm gonna search more of the OST of these games, totally went off my mind how good it was lol

BTW, While I'm here, I may as well let you know that I have only seen yesterday the message you left me on Youtube like 4 months ago... XD

Yeah, accessing messages on YT isn't really obvious, and there is no notifications either, so.

Sorry I didn't reply back then. But I checked the previous video you were talking about in this message.

Also you're going to make the Driver intro tribute before I do... ^^ lol

Damn,those games had amazing soundtracks, the music was also one of the Pro points of these games.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqPSC7q98atd0YheGgNSuoA

Here you have a channel full of Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Songs, I don't know any channel or Playlist for the OST of MC:Los Angeles but I think will don't have difficulties to find it.

Don't worry, sometimes I didn't receive email notifications from YouTube Neither ;)

But I think I asked your help anyway, and you answered, right?

The problem was the same, you play in PS4 and I in PC and there isn't crossplay, right? Hopefully some day the world will looks like Gaming Paradise; All consoles/PC United, all Gamers together and living peacefully... Haha

I already started the project of Driver Opening, I hope you do not mind,it would be great if we be able to work together. I also thinked in Driver 2 opening, but that opening is 90% characters scenes and most of their movements would be really difficult to copy in GTA V.

You can make your Driver Opening anyways, as I said after my trailer 2 channels makes similar Midnight Club 'Tributes'

By the way, can I suggest you 2 songs to lessen from MC3:DUB Edition?

Those 2 songs (Rock) was my favorites after Kasabian - Club Foot:

1. Marilyn Manson ~ "Rock is Dead"

2. Unwritten Law ~ "F.I.G.H.T."

(The second one I have it in my phone too), normally most of videos about streets racing use rap, dubstep, house. Normally I think Rock is a bit unusual but is match perfectly as well, right?

PD: Both songs you can find them in the MC3 DUB Ed. Out channel I passed you above.

FR_Player-One

I have some MC:LA songs on my personal playlist on my PC/MP3 already so I don't have far to search ^^ I have only used one in one of my showcase videos so far.

But yes, I totally agree that the OST is a huge pro point, as you say.

I can't remember if I answered or not lol I may have said that I was on console and couldn't help you.

But don't worry about the Driver intro remake. If you make it before me, I will just include your video in my "The DRIVER" playlist on Youtube.
It requires more work (and workaround) to produce on console than on PC anyway. I'm even lazy to start lol, that will avoid me the trouble of making it myself, at worst.

Just a suggestion about the Driver Intro, if I may. For the scene where the guy gets out of the elevator (filming the foot), you can use the elevator inside the Control Tower at Fort Zancudo. The surrounding and lighting is the closest I've found from the original game.
I haven't found where to film the parking scene tho.

Just a suggestion about the Driver Intro, if I may. For the scene where the guy gets out of the elevator (filming the foot), you can use the elevator inside the Control Tower at Fort Zancudo. The surrounding and lighting is the closest I've found from the original game.

I haven't found where to film the parking scene tho.

Oh... My... God... I was thinking in how to do that scene (Looks the most difficult scene to copy) until now, I was supposing to found something in Menyoo Locations but your suggestions helped me a lot. THANKS SO MUCHHH!!

For Parking I was thinking in the one where Franklin used a SniperRifle to kill that man exiting from an Hotel. I don't remember if is a story mission game or one of these mission post-game. I just remember that Lester sent the mission.

I also think in maybe download some cars, the game already have a lot of 90' looking cars as those who appears in the intro but the Police cars in GTA V doesn't look like the white police car of the opening. Police Cars of Yankton (the initial mission of GTA V) could match, but I must seen if in Menyoo I found them without the snow above.

I hope don't disappoint you, and your suggestion will help me a lot :)

(In 2 messages we started to talk more about Driver in this post than about Midnight Club, lol)

FR_Player-One

It's from a side mission yeah.
I've visited every single car park / parking of the map and I liked none lol and I didn't want to re-use the same one as the one in the first mission.

Use (and customize) the Tampa for the car he is stealing (closest thing to a Mustang).
You can use the IVPack for more old cars.
If you want to stay lore-friendly toward GTA tho. If you don't want, just DL cars that looks the closest to Driver.

ANYWAY

That's what I thought. This is off topic ! lol
We should be talking about Midnight Club. Sadly I don't have much suggestions for this one, as this is mostly visual work, camera, filters...
You pretty much figured it out already... ^^.

Edited by FR_Player-One

• 2 weeks later...

My next project will show the cutted scenes of my Midnight Club Tribute Project.

When it will be ready, I will share the video here.

And here there is the Deleted Scenes!!!

As promised. Tell me what you think ;)