4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Need suggestions for a new laptop

M*A*R*I*N*A

I seriously need a new laptop, I want one that can handle games like GTA5, GTAIV, etc. on maximum settings. I'm not tech savvy so I have no idea what I'm doing so is there any advice anyone can give me as to what I should be looking at or what I should look at getting for a new laptop, I'm absolutely clueless. Thank you so much! :)

If you're looking for max settings, then I can assure you it won't be cheap. You'll need at least $1000 for a laptop that can handle relatively high settings, and at least $1,500 for a laptop that could potentially max them out. That's all US dollars, by the way.

I guess the better question is why a laptop? They're big, bulky, loud, they overheat, and worst of all, you can't upgrade them.

If you're looking for max settings, then I can assure you it won't be cheap. You'll need at least $1000 for a laptop that can handle relatively high settings, and at least $1,500 for a laptop that could potentially max them out. That's all US dollars, by the way.

I guess the better question is why a laptop? They're big, bulky, loud, they overheat, and worst of all, you can't upgrade them.

Good point, money isn't a problem. I just want to know that if a purchase a PC it will be the best possible choice and that it will last.

For handling games like these, you'd probably need a laptop with an i7 processor(look it up on google about i3, i5 and i7 processors), plus atleast an 8GB ram and 4GB memory card. This can become pretty expensive.

For handling games like these, you'd probably need a laptop with an i7 processor(look it up on google about i3, i5 and i7 processors), plus atleast an 8GB ram and 4GB memory card. This can become pretty expensive.

Thank you! :)

If you absolutely need a gaming laptop (nothing wrong with that, just make sure you really need the portability before hunking down loads of cash for one) then you will need something with at least a GTX 970m to really rock modern titles. A good price for one of these laptops right now is about $1150 new or about $1000 used, perhaps more if you want more bells and whistles like faster storage or more RAM.

Another interesting, albeit expensive, route is to get a laptop with Thunderbolt 3 (I'd recommend the Dell XPS 15 with the GTX 960m) as well as the Razer Core. This way you can hook up the Razer Core to your laptop along with a desktop graphics card to get even better gaming performance. You'd be looking at spending at least $1200 dollars for a suitable laptop, $500 for the Razer Core, and anywhere from $250 to $600 for a great graphics card. Expensive, but pretty cool.

Edited by Big Moist

I would advice you to get custom built (not prebuilt) PC instead of a gaming laptop. It's much better value/price, it's upgradeable, it lives way longer and quality and gameplay is better and more comfortable.

But like the guys above said, you need at least 8 GB Ram and an strong i7, with at least 970m if you wanna play on the highest settings, and I'm still convinced you wont be able to run all the new games now and upcoming ones at the best setting. While busting out 1000-2500$.