1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Hacker/Modder Reporting Thread

Nick930930

After the big CEO update, it was very clear that something good was done about the hackers. Servers felt a lot less likely to contain players using mod menus and crap.

But after today's update, I was seeing messages from players asking people to "drop money" again and I was running into several players with godmode, constantly off radar, potential teleporting (can't confirm if they were or not) and other suspicious things.

it was impossibly frustrating evening filled with lots of bullcrap in several different sessions.

Are the cheating scum back in full force? If so, what changed? Why is it they suddenly have returned?

I assume you're talking about PC, in which case they are, albeit slowly. Initially (after the update before Stunts) they were truly gone, at least it seemed that way. Now apparently they are making a come back, but I have yet to witness any. Free roam has been good so far to me.

The stuff you mentioned however:

>players asking for money: this'll almost always be there even if hackers are present or not I'm afraid :p

>godmode, off radar: glitches most likely

>teleporting: there's a Creator Mode in FR glitch for this

The type of hacking I mentioned coming back right now includes cheating in races, although this is allegedly just simple Cheat Engine manipulation (lol!).

I wouldn't worry about hackers (if there are any), they're not that much of a menace as of now.

• Like 3

ride_the_spiral

The god mode/teleportation can be put down to the creator in online glitch. The people asking for money drops are probably just idiots.

Since the FFAF Update, the majority (98%) of hackers is gone, i play daily and i have yet to see a douche who spawns UFOs or do other gameruining stuff. Modmenus have decreased by a big margin, before FFAF you could find dozens of menus and now they all have to be vanished (public ones). Game is finally fun again as you dont have to worry about being kicked out of vehicles or being exploded over and over. Either all of those scriptkiddies have moved on to another game or R* finally has the right tools to ban them faster.

And yeah, the Off Radar/Godmode/Teleport stuff is being done by glitches to get a glitched Creatormode in freeroam. I can happily live with it as its a glitch and no 3rd party crap and i havent seen anyone abusing it.

So all in all the Online experience has recovered to a pretty nice "having lots of fun again" with my friends.

• Like 3

Furry_Monkey

Why is it that people who are stupid enough to think hackers "are back" when they have very little understanding, knowledge or proof, are also the same people that are too stupid to say what platform they're referring to?

• Like 8

After the big CEO update, it was very clear that something good was done about the hackers. Servers felt a lot less likely to contain players using mod menus and crap.

But after today's update, I was seeing messages from players asking people to "drop money" again and I was running into several players with godmode, constantly off radar, potential teleporting (can't confirm if they were or not) and other suspicious things.

it was impossibly frustrating evening filled with lots of bullcrap in several different sessions.

Are the cheating scum back in full force? If so, what changed? Why is it they suddenly have returned?

GOD DAMMIT!! STATE PLATFORM IN YOUR OP ON POSTS LIKE THIS!!!!

GOD DAMMIT!! STATE PLATFORM IN YOUR OP ON POSTS LIKE THIS!!!!

On another note, i look foward to them arriving on xbox one with billionaire bounties , at least that was fun.

lol they never left. They just got smaller in numbers.

• Like 1

Non Funkable Token

Thought the teleport glitch was PS4 exclusive.

External tools such as Cheat Engine will always work for almost any game, but this method is literally a 99.9% chance of being banned. Any other form of "hacking" is just glitches.

Shootinalloveryourface

Yesterday I got my very first money request! Something like "Hi can you give me money plz"

I tried to do the Tank Money glitch but it didn't work and he just died several times

• Like 4

Yesterday I got my very first money request! Something like "Hi can you give me money plz"

I tried to do the Tank Money glitch but it didn't work and he just died several times

Did you make sure he was wheelie-ing a yellow bmx on Saturday at night....you know that's important right.

;)

• Like 3

External tools such as Cheat Engine will always work for almost any game, but this method is literally a 99.9% chance of being banned. Any other form of "hacking" is just glitches.

Apart from being filled to the brim with adware, if not worse.

But a couple of days back I had a guy (PC) in an invisible care turn up to hunt me. Only his head was visible. I'm not entirely sure if this was a glitch or someone having hacked the game.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

every week i saw atleast one on pc...but it seems they are rare like hell

also i made a script kid mad like 2 weeks ago, the only thing he could do was apperantly teleport and freeze people

which...seeing as there is a creator glitch...

i havent seen much fishy sh*t yet

PC

Why is it that people who are stupid enough to think hackers "are back" when they have very little understanding, knowledge or proof, are also the same people that are too stupid to say what platform they're referring to?

I can agree it's best to add the platform but as for proof, I have proof that they're back and I sent it to the right people. I'd personally rather not show it publicly or it would just serve to influence other players with mod menus to boot them up. The less attention cheaters get the less cheaters there will be, on PC we're all one download away from being cheaters so it's best to just report them and move on IMO.

I can PM you a link if you really want proof. They are back on PC but I'm not sure what they're using, it's no glitch though, saw one using malicious cheats a couple days ago. We baited him to use the cheats on us and I did everything I could to get him banned, that's the only reason I have an abundance of proof. If they don't use malicious cheats I couldn't care less if they cheat.

l Marksman God l

hahahahaha and those threads keep coming..

• Like 1

Diana_McFarland

Was on pc last night.

Guy was invincible, and was blaming it on us having poor aim.

shot him 127 times and his health didnt go down.

needless to say we reported him and kicked him from the session

• Like 1

BondageKitty

In PC, all the most common methods are done ever since the CEO update. The only method I know works is a cheat engine outside the game. They are pretty rare and from what I can tell it's quickly detected and banned. Of all the time since CEO update, I have only seen one and he only played for 1 hour before being banned.

dimitrispgr

There are people ask for money when they see you are 300+ level

Furry_Monkey

I can PM you a link if you really want proof.

Nah you're alright, thanks. I trust your word and sadly since it's PC then I know it's the case.

Non Funkable Token

Thought the teleport glitch was PS4 exclusive.

it was but not anymore.

Now I know. A guy teleporting himself in a Power Play map on pc. :whistle:

Several paid hacks were working perfectly fine when Cunning Stunts was released. On the first day i ran into a guy with infinite health in deathmatch, and another guy who was teleporting around the map while doing CEO missions.

The base game hasn't changed. R* just added more content. There are several paid hacks, which i won't mention here, that, again, were working on day 1.

GTAO is built on P2P servers and so too much trust is placed in the client (players). Cheats like aimbots and wallhacks can't and won't be stopped, but stupid sh*t like teleporting and god mode, which would be impossible in any dedicated server environment, will remain as long as this game continues to be P2P.

Aside from that, i've seen reports of modders coming back in as well, but at the same time i know of plenty of people who have been permabanned for running trainer menus.

• Like 1