Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,815 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Happy Hunter

Project: Helisexuality

Duckdude001
Posted (edited)

Random question but why aint there a Valkyrie appreciation thread considering we have one for every other military heli including the annihilator and cargobob?

I wouldve been all over that a few months ago. That was our machine - until the Hunter dropped. My Valkyrie just collects dust nowadays. But hey, start one! I use my Valkyrie as much as I can when I got 3 other ppl with me, also they buffed the firerate of its cannon in the SR dlc and now it wrecks sh*t just like a hunter does.. u should take it out for a spin too. No armour or countermeasures but this heli is the best one to use the passive crutch in. I think H.Hunter should start a thread for it since hes a heli and all. :) Edited by Duckdude001

Voodoo-Hendrix
Posted (edited)

New helicopter, the Sea Sparrow!

DYtqC1IU8AAJHvr.jpg

Can be equipped with either machine guns or homing missiles.

EDIT: Locked behind dripfeed because of f*cking course it is

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix

sudon't

This bloody thing is low-key more OP then the damned Hunter.

Ah, the good ol’ days!

This is what we were talking about in the Hunter Appreciation thread - the explosion of the Valkyrie’s cannon is more powerful than the Hunter’s. Nevertheless, the Valkyrie was a sitting duck for anyone who would fight back. Between having no countermeasures, and how painfully slow it was to swing that gun around, you were very vulnerable. Perhaps if they’d allow the side-gunners to aim down, you could keep all the dots busy. As it is, they only provide defense against other air-vehicles, and it’s so boring, no one wants to be in that position.

asadog2

Yes the sea sparrow just had to be based off of a Schweizer 300 and not a bell 47 -_-

At least it’s got rockets or machine guns

Piro

Yes the sea sparrow just had to be based off of a Schweizer 300 and not a bell 47 -_-

At least it’s got rockets or machine guns

I'm happy to hear Im not the only one triggered by this.

Oh well... we can always hope for sea sparrow classic in the future right?

Giantsgiants
Posted (edited)

These last couple of helicopters make me think of Apache: Air Assault. Who remembers this game?

jaquette-apache-air-assault-xbox-360-cov

Edited by Giantsgiants

Duckdude001

At least its got rockets or machine guns

well u could think of the gta5 sea sparrow as a modern day counterpart to that old 40/50s heli.

GLTh3Pr0

At least its got rockets or machine guns

well u could think of the gta5 sea sparrow as a modern day counterpart to that old 40/50s heli.Yeah, the same could probably be said about the new Hunter being partially based off the RAH-66.

Amy Vinewood

I seen a bunch of discussion on another thread on which Helicopter is faster, the Hunter or the Akula. I decided to give this a honest test to see once and for all. Here's my results.

Results: The Akula has more acceleration but the Hunter has a higher top speed. You can see how the Hunter catches up and passes the Akula in the end.

Thanks to WildBrick142 for helping test this with me and looking at the game files. Which said in terms of raw top speed both are the same, but the Akula is 2000kg heavier than the Hunter.

StangOne50
Posted (edited)

I seen a bunch of discussion on another thread on which Helicopter is faster, the Hunter or the Akula. I decided to give this a honest test to see once and for all. Here's my results.

Results: The Akula has more acceleration but the Hunter has a higher top speed. You can see how the Hunter catches up and passes the Akula in the end.

Thanks to WildBrick142 for helping test this with me and looking at the game files. Which said in terms of raw top speed both are the same, but the Akula is 2000kg heavier than the Hunter.

I tested this myself after seeing the convo. I only did 1 run from my hangar to the airport. I tried to stay fairly low to not lose time from gaining too much altitude. I was about 2 seconds faster with the akula.

I think just with cars the question which is faster is not a simple one. One could be faster in a straight line and one could be better in a run with a bunch of turns. When I ask the question which is faster I want to know which will get me from point a to point b faster and in this case for me it was the akula. To me the top speed is just that, the top speed a vehicle can reach. So depending on distance the vehicle with the lower top speed could still be the faster one.

I think your vid could have had a couple checkpoints to show both aircraft in the same flight path and altitude.

Edited by StangOne50

Happy Hunter

I tested with them both form the interaction menu, and the gap was very small - but the Hunter was quicker. From the hangar, the Hunter leaps ahead. It's crazy when you get it from there.

Voodoo-Hendrix

Hi, I read in Reddit that the current aircraft armor can be "fixed" buying the 80% armor instead of 100%, can anyone confirm?

StangOne50

I tested with them both form the interaction menu, and the gap was very small - but the Hunter was quicker. From the hangar, the Hunter leaps ahead. It's crazy when you get it from there.

I know u can fly but i think since these helis gain altitude at full throttle you have to play with the throttle to stay in a straight line and low. I did a second run and it was very close , the hunter was maybe 1 sec behind if that much.

Happy Hunter

I know u can fly but i think since these helis gain altitude at full throttle you have to play with the throttle to stay in a straight line and low. I did a second run and it was very close , the hunter was maybe 1 sec behind if that much.

Oh I was careful not to gain altitude in both.

I took them out from the interaction menu (from the hangar the Hunter would've had too easy a win), and brought them up to around 3000ft. I passed my bunker, and used that as a marker to time it - when I passed by on the map, that's when I timed it later.

I then carried on going all the way to the other end of the map (when I passed over the sea on the minimap, that's when I stopped timing).

By the time I reached the end I had lost a lot of altitude - my goal had been to just get both over as fast as possible, which meant easing up on the throttle to let them gain more speed in a straight line (rather than using it up rising).

The Hunter got over just a little faster for me. Although, from the hangar the gap would've been much wider - it'll do about 190mph from there.

GhillieMaster has a more accurate test video, he very carefuly measures it out.

sudon't

Hi, I read in Reddit that the current aircraft armor can be "fixed" buying the 80% armor instead of 100%, can anyone confirm?

Could you link to that discussion? I couldn’t find it, and that sounds very interesting.

Voodoo-Hendrix
Posted (edited)

Could you link to that discussion? I couldnt find it, and that sounds very interesting.Here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/8271xc/hope_r_patch_fragile_avenger_bug_in_the_next/dv7vi14

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix

sudon't

Could you link to that discussion? I couldnt find it, and that sounds very interesting.
Here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/8271xc/hope_r_patch_fragile_avenger_bug_in_the_next/dv7vi14

Thanks! They only seem to be talking about The Avenger, though. Have you done any testing with your Hunter?

Voodoo-Hendrix

^ Not yet, will do and report back tue results.

sudon't

^ Not yet, will do and report back tue results.

Well, we gave it a whirl yesterday. We put both of our Hunters on 80% Armor, and went out to play. We were one-shotted a couple of times, at least. I don’t know if it works for the Avenger, but it does not work for the Hunter. Sad!

Voodoo-Hendrix

I would love to be able to buy one of these helmets for my helisexual suit:

RFnaz9P.jpg

While the flight helmets do look good while inside an helicopter, those are more intended for airplanes and jets.

Piro
Posted (edited)

^I'm still waiting for dlc with old pilot jackets

N5EoFwC.png
s3Ck93U.png

and btw:

Edit:

Edited by Piro

Voodoo-Hendrix

Little Willie:

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

Swiftwolf:

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

Suzuki Azure Vulpine

Just an Akula doing Akula things:
b3eHN1h.gif
aNJia3y.gif

a5Dp3v6.gif
foAlBrc.gif

Voodoo-Hendrix

Hunter pole dancing, NSFW

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

Voodoo-Hendrix

Sorry for the double post.

BTW, thank you @Happy Hunter for your NOE flight guide, it has helped me wonders!

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

Piro

cinEK7e.png

Happy Hunter

Made a quick little update to the OP to mention the Sea Sparrow got added. Looking back, it's pretty uncanny just how many of the things here got added or done/changed.

TheBricktop

It's truly amazing how these things are getting added. I really hope for some tanky boi in the next update (and a fix for the damn oneshot glitch)

tommyguns

Made a quick little update to the OP to mention the Sea Sparrow got added. Looking back, it's pretty uncanny just how many of the things here got added or done/changed.

Really? The sea sparrow is finally here? :)

Been away a while, my gold sub ran out so I thought I would have a play through of fallout 4. Hadn't played anything besides gtao in a while. I'm getting near the end now though, so thought I would suck back in here to see if anything had changed.

Cammie

3GkiKU6.jpg