2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
MrHaynes1980

Honestly think shark cards ruined rockstar.

nmk111

Or 3. We would get all this stuff that has been withheld and re-branded as dlc, and they would've gone to enough effort initially to make the game work straight out of the box. Just like games used to be made.

So basically option 2. you would have waited a sh*tton of time longer for the game, until everthing is ready, then get it all at once and never get any new content to gta online after release day?

Or you seriously think all the gta online dlc, everything from heists, eaoc, ceo stuff and cunning stunts was all there, ready to be shipped with the base game in 2013, but they just withheld it to be re-branded as dlc later? ...thats some straight up cash-card-conspiracy-nut-i-wear-a-tinfoil-hat talk...

DevilDaRebel

Or 3. We would get all this stuff that has been withheld and re-branded as dlc, and they would've gone to enough effort initially to make the game work straight out of the box. Just like games used to be made.

So basically option 2. you would have waited a sh*tton of time longer for the game, until everthing is ready, then get it all at once and never get any new content to gta online after release day?

Or you seriously think all the gta online dlc, everything from heists, eaoc, ceo stuff and cunning stunts was all there, ready to be shipped with the base game in 2013, but they just withheld it to be re-branded as dlc later? ...thats some straight up cash-card-conspiracy-nut-i-wear-a-tinfoil-hat talk...

Actually, heist where supposed to be out with the game... but was delayed... multiple times... sooo lmao

Hunter

As -Velox says, look at heists. There was also a Hydra cut from the original game, and resold later as dlc ... A Dodo cut from the original game, and resold later as dlc ... A "Hind" cut from the original game, and later resold as dlc (in the form of the Savage) ...

Stunt races have also been in the works for a long time, and I highly doubt they've been working on them all this time - just waiting until there's a suitable window to sell it to us.

There's a ton of stuff that could have easily been included in the original game. Would it have taken an extra month or two? Maybe, but I could've waited that long, especially if it meant my 60$ actually bought the full game, rather than half of the game.

Edited by Icantthinkofonew

RogerWho

Funny how if you make a b&m thread about shark cards, it doesn't get locked and the OP doesn't get dissed for making another one of those.

nmk111

just waiting until there's a suitable window to sell it to us.

exept they are not selling it to us, the updates are free.

especially if it meant my 60$ actually bought the full game, rather than half of the game.

60$ bought you the single player campain, did you felt like it was half of the game after completing it? i didnt. online was a free addon, whitch you are still playing 3 years later. idk, getting entertainment for 3 years for 60$ sounds like a good deal to me.

Hunter

exept they are not selling it to us, the updates are free.

You're going off topic here. I didn't specifically say the updates weren't "free". My point was I'd rather shark cards didn't exist, and that the cards hadn't really kept anything going - since the majority of the big dlcs had already been designed before the game was even out.

60$ bought you the single player campain, did you felt like it was half of the game after completing it?

How I feel isn't relevant - there is only what there is; not what people feel about it. The fact is that 60$ did not buy the full game, as multiple parts have been withheld to squeeze money out of people with these stupid shark cards.

Funny how if you make a b&m thread about shark cards, it doesn't get locked and the OP doesn't get dissed for making another one of those.

Didn't he?

Hmmm.....this has been talked about already several times i think.....

Oh dear. Another one of these threads.

Honestly, I think the shark card bitching and whining ruined the Forums

Shootinalloveryourface

The naivety and misplaced anger in this thread is outstanding.

Hunter

The naivety and misplaced anger in this thread is outstanding.

There's no anger on my part, I'm just saying things how they are.

So ...

31q9op.gif

Shootinalloveryourface

For what it's worth I agree with nmk11. $60 for a 3 year game is good value

Hunter

For what it's worth I agree with nmk11. $60 for a 3 year game is good value

I do agree on that. I was just making my case in the GTAForums court of law.

beach bum

It's much harder now to make money so I don't get this idea where it's easier. You had missions like coverted which paid about $210k an hour. Now the best you'll get from mission grinding is about 100k. Heists is no good way to make money unless you have 3 trusted friends who are also prepared to grind otherwise you're stuck with ramdoms and most of them can't be relied upon to do any heists. They end up dying or trolling.

nmk111

The fact is that 60$ did not buy the full game, as multiple parts have been withheld to squeeze money out of people with these stupid shark cards.

how are they squeezing tho? everything is obtainable by just playing the game and never buying a single card. you can even experience most of the new vehicles in races for free etc. they could make it so that certain items or gamemodes would only be accessible by shark card money or give pvp advantages to players who buy them etc. now that would be squeezing. you have an OPTION to buy them if you dont have the time or are too lazy to grind, or HAVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW.

now these claims that all the online dlc content, that has been added to the game over 3 years, was ready to be shipped in 2013 or would have taken them "couple of extra months do develop" i consider stupid conspiracy talk without sources.

if we are talking about realistic options, (that doesnt involve going back in time or changing the entire gaming industry) how gta online can be kept going with developers making a profit and new content added, those are:

monthly subscription fee

payd dlc-s

free dlc with option to earn money ingame or buy shark cards

i think we can agree that shark cards is the lesser of evils...

if we are talking about rockstar as a company then i have gotten over 1600 hours of entertainment for my 60€ investment, cant really complain...? specially when other companys charge the same for their games, wich i usually end up shelving after 50-90 hours with no replay value.

Ayylien

60$ bought you the single player campain, did you felt like it was half of the game after completing it? i didnt. online was a free addon, whitch you are still playing 3 years later. idk, getting entertainment for 3 years for 60$ sounds like a good deal to me.

To be honest; single player is trash. So yes. They obviously put their focus and efforts in Online.

For the love of God stop calling Online free. Everyone single one of us paid for it.

Edited by Ayylien

We Are Ninja

You don't have to buy shark cards. Money is really easy to make in this game if you do heists with friends or do the CEO crates with a Hydra. Its all really easy.

Because a new player has access to all of those

Good point, but a new player should have to earn his stripes like everyone else (that didn't glitch or buy a modded account) did. A new player has three years of work to put in before he's on a level playing field with early adopters.

Edited by We Are Ninja

Hunter

how are they squeezing tho?

You have the option of spending a ton of time grinding, or buying shark cards. Not everyone has a lot of spare time, so a lot of people have to buy shark cards (or glitch, which I would recommend over the cards).

now these claims that all the online dlc content, that has been added to the game over 3 years, was ready to be shipped in 2013 or would have taken them "couple of extra months do develop" i consider stupid conspiracy talk without sources.

I never said "all" the content; I said the majority of the large updates. Which is absolutely true, and pretty irrefutable.

It is a well known fact that heists were originally planned to release with the game. Look at the first trailer and even there you can see an early Hydra and Dodo. There have been files found for the "Hind". Just look into it a little, like I have.

I've made my case anyway.

Aviator10

As things get more expensive, making the money becomes easier. This game pretty much throws money at you.

oh yea that 2000 dollars goes a long way......

Karrecod

GTA VI will be f*cked from Day 1...

beach bum

the push for the cashcard felt real early in the game after they nerfed the payouts but now, they are not an issue anymore...

things have become more expensive but making money have become way easier.

if you play the game, theres no need to buy a cashcard.

i mean i made a million in the last few days while having fun in the stunt races, if that not easy money then i dont know what it is!

You made a million just in the stunt races? Then you must have been playing like 10 hours a day and be a freak at racing. The money you make on those races is a joke.

nmk111

You have the option of spending a ton of time grinding, or buying shark cards. Not everyone has a lot of spare time,

what option do you propose then? make every job pay millions or everything dirt cheap/free?

oh yea that 2000 dollars goes a long way......

you get that 2k for literally doing nothing, do you expect more for that?

Neuling2000

Shark Cards saved GTA Online. Without Shark Card sales R* would not be supporting this game with these kinds of updates.

I play a number of games where each DLC costs $15+, or there's a season pass that costs more than the disc. There are some computer games that have cost me hundreds of dollars in real life money for DLC content. This is the direction most games are going. But it sure beats the day where you'd buy a cartridge and there were no updates.

I have never bought a Shark Card, and I never will. But I have 100 cars (spread across two characters), 10 properties, a yacht, office, warehouses, and a sizable bank account just from grinding Pac Standard.

In the past hour we just ran Pac Standard back-to-back-to-back-to back. The two hosts made $1.5m and the two ridealongs made $1m. It took a little over an hour.

No one should ever say money is hard to make in this game. If you're not in a crew that grinds Pac Standards or you have no friends that play, then that is not R*'s fault.

Just be glad the DLC wasn't $19.99 and the cars 100,000 GTA$.

If you host Pac Standards with a 60-20-20 split with 3 friends/crew members, you can make $8.25 million in about six hours if you're efficient.

Somebody who uses a glitch to make money shouldn't say it's not hard to make money.

I transfered with 89 million $ to PS4 in christmas 2015. I have never reached that again. Now I'm down to 73 million $ and I try not to waste my money. I don't grind, I just play what the game offers, races, deathmatches, ceo stuff, free roam, adversary modes and sometimes a heist. And I'am playing this game too much...

Edited by Neuling2000

TCA

It's much harder now to make money so I don't get this idea where it's easier. You had missions like coverted which paid about $210k an hour. Now the best you'll get from mission grinding is about 100k. Heists is no good way to make money unless you have 3 trusted friends who are also prepared to grind otherwise you're stuck with ramdoms and most of them can't be relied upon to do any heists. They end up dying or trolling.

I can make over 200-300k playing missions. Idk where you got that figure from? You must just do Gerald and Simeon missions idk. But I'm sorry money IS easy to come by and make, All the money I personally made was from heists PS x3 daily, Simeon vehicles, bounties, Selling a street car here and there also missions.

Hunter

what option do you propose then? make every job pay millions or everything dirt cheap/free?

I haven't proposed anything, since I know there's no chance they'd do the right thing by the consumers.

In an ideal world, they would have released the majority of the content with the game, and would then have no excuse to keep shark cards around to fund these "fresh" dlcs. Without shark cards, we would probably see the prices of a lot of ingame items fall, less nerfs on mission payouts, higher payouts in general, etc.

beach bum

16 players races should pay 1st place 50k, 2nd 40k, 3rd 30k, 4th 20k and 5th 10k and anyone below 5th get's nothing.

Missions should be between 20-50k per mission.

Heists should be double what they pay at the moment. A cut of a heists is about 80k which isn't much if you have to restart over and over.

Car sells should be worth between 10-50k.

Just those few change would make thing a bit reasonable.

Shark cards should be $1 = $1m in game money

Kid-A

They gotta get money somehow. There's nothin' wrong with cards. GTA ONLINE is a free addition that comes bundled with one of the best games in the last 10 years.

beach bum

I can make over 200-300k playing missions. Idk where you got that figure from? You must just do Gerald and Simeon missions idk. But I'm sorry money IS easy to come by and make, All the money I personally made was from heists PS x3 daily, Simeon vehicles, bounties, Selling a street car here and there also missions.

What are these missions that earn you 200-300k an hour?

Hunter

They gotta get money somehow. There's nothin' wrong with cards. GTA ONLINE is a free addition that comes bundled with one of the best games in the last 10 years.

GTA "Online" is nothing more than GTA V's multiplayer. That they actually managed to trick some people into thinking it's a separate game is shocking.

On Xbox, companies aren't actually allowed to release games without some kind of Xbox Live functionality - so if "GTA Online" is a separate game, then GTA V breaks this rule and is, technically, illegal.

Do people really think that, even though GTA IV had multiplayer, they would just ditch it for GTA V? It's not a separate game lol, it's GTA V's multiplayer.

As for them making money, they've made more than enough. Billions of dollars from us buying the game alone, last time I heard.

It's a good game. But let's have a little balance here - people don't need to blindly love everything they do, or blindly hate everything they do.

Plutia

>is his own fault bc he works and has a family

Having a family and working is a "fault"?

Most Forum members would recommend that OP get his priorities straight - as in: Fake his death, abandon his family, go live in a trailer in the mountains with nothing but a bigscreen TV and a console, and play GTA Online all day. That's how they do it. Life and family are unnecessary distractions.

its not necessary to fake his death and stuff like that, it all comes down to managing his time to get some quality playing time.

Says the guy who has put 2500 hours into a game in not even 3 years. Just for comparison: an average working year would be around 1700 hours.

2500 hours of gaming sounds like a lot but it translate to just over 2hours per day, which is something almost everyone can do.

i have a wife, 3 kids, fulltime job, if i can do it, anyone can do it.

2 hours a day makes no time for anything else. Eating out, shopping, groceries, the like. It really is work, go straight home to play, sleep and repeat.

The weekends are ok i guess.

you... what, mate? no time for anything else? I game 10-16 hours depending on the day, 2 hours is nothing, leaves plenty of time to do other sh*t.

@ the above post

GTA Online is completely standalone, and treated as an entirely different game, which is why there are two completely separate build numbers when you launch gta V/O

Edited by Plutia

Nutduster

GTA "Online" is nothing more than GTA V's multiplayer. That they actually managed to trick some people into thinking it's a separate game is shocking.

Oh, I don't know. I would have completely agreed with you 6-12 months after the game launched. It seemed laughable to me back then that people were trying to claim GTA Online was a separate, free (or bonus) game. Nowadays, it does seem like it's evolved into its own thing. The map hasn't changed but almost everything else has, and there is so much content in it that is not in single player - not only not in there, but doesn't even remotely resemble anything in single player. Update after update of this stuff. And I don't see it stopping anytime soon. If Online isn't already basically its own game, it's trying very hard to become that.

As for this shark card discussion... I can't be bothered. We've been beating this dead horse since the game came out (before then, actually) and it is just tired. The entire gaming industry has gone this direction and if you dislike it that much, you better stop gaming or invent a time machine to go back to the good ol' days. I've resigned myself to putting up with it when I like the game enough (e.g. GTA Online), and scoffing at the worst examples (all those free-to-play money pits on your cell phone). But conversations like this thread are accomplishing nothing now. You can't turn back the hands of time.

20451ecneps

Do people seriously think that GTA V and "GTA Online" are two separate games?

It's the same game, it just has a single player and a multiplayer component.

The gameplay is almost the exact same in both, and even things like races, parachuting, and golf are pretty similar in both SP and MP.

(And I'm referring to "Races", not Stunt Races. Before someone tries to point that out to me. They're both separate types of races.)

They may have tried to change things up and evolve it into it's own game, but it's not.

Edited by SPENCE15

Plutia

Do people seriously think that GTA V and "GTA Online" are two separate games?

It's the same game, it just has a single player and a multiplayer component.

The gameplay is almost the exact same in both, and even things like races, parachuting, and golf are pretty similar in both SP and MP.

(And I'm referring to "Races", not Stunt Races. Before someone tries to point that out to me. They're both separate types of races.)

They may have tried to change things up and evolve it into it's own game, but it's not.

it is NOT the same game, referenced by two different engine variations <thus separate build numbers> gta online is just built off the engine for gta v, it is not the same game. megaman x collections includes megaman x 1-6, are these not different games then because they're all on one disc now? what about the sonic collection, or atari vault? guess what, multiple games can be bundled on a single disc and gta v != gta online.