2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
MrHaynes1980

Honestly think shark cards ruined rockstar.

CarimboHanky

>is his own fault bc he works and has a family

Having a family and working is a "fault"?

Most Forum members would recommend that OP get his priorities straight - as in: Fake his death, abandon his family, go live in a trailer in the mountains with nothing but a bigscreen TV and a console, and play GTA Online all day. That's how they do it. Life and family are unnecessary distractions.

its not necessary to fake his death and stuff like that, it all comes down to managing his time to get some quality playing time.

mistermaster7

I am glad I have been through the whole journey of GTA Online and experienced all the crazy money making glitches etc..

I don't have time to grind missions for 16 hours in a day and that is why I am for ever grateful that I did take advantage of those glitches, most memorably the hooker glitch, which made me have approximately 100 million dollars.

I don't complain about Shark cards, it's R* way to make money but I agree with current prices of the new stuff. Adder used to be expensive as sh*te and now it is like "meh we have a golden jet that costs 10 million and a racing car that goes for almost 3 f*'n mill."

This is why I don't regret doing the hooker glitch because R* made this game super expensive.

And for the people who say it is easy to make money, DAMN but have you already made 100 million dollars because I have approximately 10 million left and I don't own even close to all the stuff in this game. I own what I feel I need.

I feel you OP.

Van_Hellsing

It is the one game I am playing for two and a half year. No other game has had such a lifespan. Other games became dust collectors. So no complaints here.

I never bought a shark card. Well, I did by a psn gift card for a friend's birthday. That he bought a white shark card is his business. So that does not count.

If you do not have the time, do not buy everything. That is hard for me, because I am an completionist for clothes and masks. Do not buy and then sell cars, you lose 50%.

Investigate your own habits. 99% of the time you run around in the same clothes, shoot the same gun and drive the same car. You can do without most other crap.

Hoosierdaddy76

Microtransactions have ruined virtually all of gaming. It doesn't take long playing any new game to figure out how it was designed to get you to keep spending money over the longest duration while providing as little in return as possible.

streetx1xracer

You can make half a million in like 3 hours. Idk about u op, but if you dedicated yourself to getting rank 10 in gta4 ($7500 a job, $3mil to go from 9 to 10), you sure as hell can manage to get millions in gtao.

Shark cards are not mandatory and take two owns R* so they probably have more influence.

I had more time to play when I was grinding in GTA IV. I didn't have kids back then.Then understand the fact that you have different priorities now as you grew older and no matter what game you play, that'll affect the time you put into it.

davey1975pafc

I've always made money quite easily. Been in the millions but now I've hammered racing lately I'm down to 33 thousand... but I still feel like a millionaire because I know different tasks in this game can financially ruin you. But others can net me a million in an hour or two. It appears to me that it's in the mindset of certain players as to how rich or poor they feel in game. I'm down to 33.000 but I still feel rich because I now realise it doesn't worry me. The reason is because I already have everything I need. It's like real life now (in game) I've been playing racing too much since the stunts update came out and now I need to stop that and go back to work, heists, crates etc etc. That's what I'll do for the next couple of weeks to build my balance back up. No one worth their salt would ever need to buy a shark card in this game if they just played the game as it's set up to be. Rest ~explore. Work~heists crates etc. Play~racing.

I have this train of thought I suppose because the billionaire days ruined it for me but the one thing it did give me was all the big things I knew I wanted and are there on the end of the phone when I want them, thus enabling me to not be too worried when I blow my cash. I could have 1 dollar left and know I can still function in game.

Also the only savings policy you can usually have in this game is cars. If I'm up on cash I'll invest in expensive cars I'll never use and just sell them when I want a cash hit. Granted you'll still lose money but nevertheless it's there for a rain day.

Just play the game like real life. Have fun when you want but don't ignore the fact that you still have to work to have fun.

dudclub55

Most people, myself included, wouldn't mind shark cards if their value wasn't so atrocious, you're basically paying to get ripped off.

If I could spend $100 and get $100m ingame money, I'd probably do that.

Plutia

Most Forum members would recommend that OP get his priorities straight - as in: Fake his death, abandon his family, go live in a trailer in the mountains with nothing but a bigscreen TV and a console, and play GTA Online all day. That's how they do it. Life and family are unnecessary distractions.

yep. witness protection program helps you fake your death a ton.

Candy_Licker

its not necessary to fake his death and stuff like that, it all comes down to managing his time to get some quality playing time.

Says the guy who has put 2500 hours into a game in not even 3 years. Just for comparison: an average working year would be around 1700 hours.

TreFacTor

You can make half a million in like 3 hours. Idk about u op, but if you dedicated yourself to getting rank 10 in gta4 ($7500 a job, $3mil to go from 9 to 10), you sure as hell can manage to get millions in gtao.

Shark cards are not mandatory and take two owns R* so they probably have more influence.

I had more time to play when I was grinding in GTA IV. I didn't have kids back then.There wasn't anything to grind in IV....LMFAO the Damn level only went to 10.

O_o

TreFacTor

Says the guy who has put 2500 hours into a game in not even 3 years. Just for comparison: an average working year would be around 1700 hours.you need a new calculator or your calendar is only 6 months long.

Most people work 40+ hrs a week at least 50 weeks out of the year.

Edited by TreFacTor

CarimboHanky

Says the guy who has put 2500 hours into a game in not even 3 years. Just for comparison: an average working year would be around 1700 hours.

2500 hours of gaming sounds like a lot but it translate to just over 2hours per day, which is something almost everyone can do.

i have a wife, 3 kids, fulltime job, if i can do it, anyone can do it.

CarimboHanky

I had more time to play when I was grinding in GTA IV. I didn't have kids back then.
There wasn't anything to grind in IV....LMFAO the Damn level only went to 10.

O_o

level when to 10 but it takes ALOT of killing...

level 10 is $5million dollars, which is a lot when you only get $100 per kill.

mirthless

2500 hours of gaming sounds like a lot but it translate to just over 2hours per day, which is something almost everyone can do.

2 hours a day makes no time for anything else. Eating out, shopping, groceries, the like. It really is work, go straight home to play, sleep and repeat.

The weekends are ok i guess.

Candy_Licker

Says the guy who has put 2500 hours into a game in not even 3 years. Just for comparison: an average working year would be around 1700 hours.you need a new calculator or your calendar is only 6 months long.

I just googled the numbers (OECD statistics)

These are the average working hours per year per working person. Part time jobs obviously influence this somewhat (in some countries more, in some countries less) but it is what it is. Atleast 50 weeks is also a bit hyperbolic, since there's also legal holidays. Average time of sick leaves are also taken into account. Whatever the case, I don't thik it debunks my statement: that 2600 hours is a crazy amount of time to spend on one game...

http://img.zeit.de/wirtschaft/2014-05/arbeitszeit-infografik/wide__820x461

Edited by Candy_Licker

Candy_Licker

2 hours per day each and every day on average is crazy enough. Ofc it's possible if you're really dedicated, but some people want to do (and play sth) else from time to time. GTA Online is a classical MMO that encourages you to make playing a second job or buy shortcuts. Period.

LogoPablo

I don't think they ruined it, I just think the payouts for missions and races and whatever should payout alot more

saintsrow

Anyone with the discipline and capability to manage their time would not be wasting it playing video games in the first place. :p

Candy_Licker

Anyone with the discipline and capability to manage their time would not be wasting it playing video games in the first place. :p

C'mon, what's more productive than putting in countless hours to earn a fancy virtual car or yacht? And GTA Online teaches you valuable lessons in productivity, like how to be most effective in earning by glitching so you can play the same heist finale over and over again. If that's not fun, I don't know what fun is.

Edited by Candy_Licker

InFrareD Kush

What do you expect, to just start gta online and to automatically get everything in the game for free?....

qr0opy.gif

Rotarl

Meanwhile in the storefront's Cash Card section...

AUScowboy

How about NOTHING has ruined gta online bc we are all still playing it and enjoying it?

Ive never played a game this consistently for this long after paying for it three years ago. Best game ever.

Amen scooter brother. There was ONE other game i've played like that, which was San Andreas. LOL, played that bish until the DAY I got V.

saintsrow

How about NOTHING has ruined gta online bc we are all still playing it and enjoying it?

Ive never played a game this consistently for this long after paying for it three years ago. Best game ever.

Amen scooter brother. There was ONE other game i've played like that, which was San Andreas. LOL, played that bish until the DAY I got V.

:^: I've played each GTA single player game since GTA III until the next Rockstar open world game came along (the next GTA, or RDR or LA Noire, even dabbled with Max Payne 3 in those long dead years of reprehensible GTAV marketing).

I'm not into "achievements" or "progress" or "unlocks" or "completion" or buying every piece of DLC sh*t that pops out of Rockstar's butt. I'm also not into senseless PvP and racing frustration. I just like to play in the virtual world. So I prefer an SP game with lots of random events and things to do. GTA Online was a predictable abomination, but because it has contact missions, while GTAV SP has no replay value (by design), I do spend almost all my time on Online.

Edited by saintsrow

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I can't speak for the company of Rockstar, but shark cards definitely ruined GTA Online for the simple fact they killed any chance of us ever seeing an operable casino in GTAO:LS.

I would not be sure of that.

Look at how they handlrd premium races

its not necessary to fake his death and stuff like that, it all comes down to managing his time to get some quality playing time.Just put that kid up for adoption, or get a divorce and get some friends with benefits.

Problem solved. :)

AUScowboy

Yep... f*ck old flings, sell pot, and dedicate a good four to five hours to GTA give or take an hour or so. That's how i roll, you'll be GTA rich in no time. If you smoke enough pot, you won't care about the discrepancy between digital and IRL lol..

Edit: better tag this with a J/K for all the literal rubes on here..

Edited by AUScowboy

nmk111

One thing all these -complaining-about-shark-cards- threads have in common- (besides from "WAAAAAA things are expensive, newbies have a hard time, i want EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW but without grinding or buying shark cards") they never offer a better solution or their ideas on how things could be better in a way that would make developers and players both happy.

If the current model is so horrible, how do you want gta online to be then?

1. pay a monthly fee just to get access to online?

2. pay 15-20$ for every dlc?

3. expect everything to be free, because they made billions from base game 3 years ago?

4. expect them to lower shark card prices on a free market, when they are making a decent profit with the current prices, just because some people complain about the value, but most of them end up buying the product anyway?

5. expect them to make some trastical changes into gameplay payout system and prices, so that every "casual 1-2hrs couple a times a week" player could be instantly rich and own everything in the game faster? (read: invest time and money into changing their product in a way that ends up getting them less revenue in the future)

6. some other option? please describe.

Edited by nmk111

Hunter

-snip-

I would include all the dlc (which is, in fact, largely just cut content) in the original game.

In the old days you bought a game, and it was a full game. They included everything they wanted to, and didn't try to resell you parts of it at a later date, or cut parts out of it for extra profit.

But that's never going to happen - the whole gaming industry has gone down that route. So there's not much point pushing for that.

elfoam

The average weekly hours of all employed peoples would be under 20 hours imho. Full time work isnt common in the modern world.

nmk111

-snip-

I would include all the dlc (which is, in fact, largely just cut content) in the original game.

In the old days you bought a game, and it was a full game. They included everything they wanted to, and didn't try to resell you parts of it at a later date, or cut parts out of it for extra profit.

But then:

1. we would never get any new content to gta online and it would be the sh*tty mess it was on day 1.

2. or with all the online dlc/development included until now, we would still be waiting for the original game to come out.

You honestly think either of these options is better than the current model?

Hunter

But then:

1. we would never get any new content to gta online and it would be the sh*tty mess it was on day 1.

2. or with all the online dlc/development included until now, we would still be waiting for the original game to come out.

You honestly think either of these options is better than the current model?

Or 3. We would get all this stuff that has been withheld and re-branded as dlc, and they would've gone to enough effort initially to make the game work straight out of the box. Just like games used to be made.

But it's never going to happen. Those days don't exist anymore, just the sh*tty practices of games companies nowadays. No point even asking for it.