1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

First annual GTA Online Dakar event!

Jiko-Shi

First annual GTA Online Dakar overview

This is my first post on this forum so I hope this is the right place to do it!

If you prefer to read this all in a Google Doc here is the link: https://goo.gl/0y2SR2

Introduction

Before reading into the finer details of the first annual (hopefully) GTA Online Dakar there are a few things that you should know:

• If you find the idea of “roleplay” cringey or it’s not something you are interested in then stop reading now.

• Although “Dakar” may imply a race this event will be more centered around having fun and roleplaying.

• This event will only take place if enough people show interest.

FAQ’s (no one has actually asked any yet but I'm sure these will come up)

If you have any more questions or are unsure of anything join the dedicated discord (linked below) and if I’m online use “@jay” in chat to get my attention. I will then be happy to either talk to you in voice or chat to give you more information.

Q. When will the event take place?

1. We won’t be able to set a date until we if there is enough interest in the event. When enough people have signed up we will finalise the details.

Q. How long will it take?

1. The driving section of the event will take less than an hour, however getting everyone into the server, getting to the start and being organised about it will take considerably longer. Prepare to put aside 2 hours to partake in this event.

Useful links

Map: http://puu.sh/pZK8t/0ab487cf6d.png

Route card: https://goo.gl/r7Wb79 (out of date)

Route video preview: https://youtu.be/_nbmxVQ834U

Discord: https://discord.gg/QuxVQQ2

Vehicles: https://goo.gl/ZaXkYq

R* Social club Crew: http://rsg.ms/ac5894e

Overview

Notice that the word “event” is being used instead of “race”. This is because the the main theme around it is role playing, having fun, sticking together and working as a team. This will create the most enjoyable experience for everyone involved and make sure no one is left out. The event will start in Paleto Bay, ending at the Galileo Observatory, taking the participants around the whole map to places you probably didn’t know existed or have never gone to except during missions.

Route

A map of the route that is available to view (It is recommend getting familiar to the route before the event to minimise confusion and stop us from getting off course) in the Useful Link section. The route includes fast double track, quick stints on paved road, slower single track and finally some completely off road technical sections. The event will start with all the participants lined up under the pier, between the wooden supports. These will act as the start gate and a member of the event staff will set each vehicle off, after the pace vehicle, at 5 second intervals to avoid pileups and crashes early on.

Vehicles

A document containing the full list of vehicles including recommended vehicles and upgrades will be linked in the useful link section. There are two main categories of vehicles allowed to take part in this event. They are: Motorcycles and 4x4s. The full list of vehicles will be in the vehicle's document (link in the useful link section, duh!) Note: due to the nature of the course there may be some places where participants in 4x4s will have to find an alternative route for short sections because of low hight or narrow width clearance issues. It would, however, be nice to see a large variation in vehicles. Remember being the fastest isn’t what this is about!

Roles

There are a few roles other than driving/riding in the event, they are:

• Media coverage.

• Sit passenger in a frogger helicopter and record the whole event from the air with a screen recording software (e.g obs, fraps, xsplit and nVidia shadowplay), write up a report after the event (like a newspaper or blog would cover the real Dakar) and finally provide a commentary for the record so that viewers of the broadcast can tell what is going on. While performing this role please turn off your HUD and film from the furthest 3rd person view available.

• Helicopter Pilot

• Fly above the event participants so that the media can get the best view of what is going. You should be a competent pilot who can fly close to the ground (100ft) and be able to land on a hillside or small area in case of a participant having to abandon their vehicle.

• Pace driver/ Lead driver

• Be the first person to start the race. You will set the light hearted pace and show the route to the rest of the pack. Participants are not allowed to overtake you and you will be in direct contact with the event supervisor (me) so that we can manage and respond to any emergencies or a unexpected turn of events. Your vehicle must be painted Bright Orange and must be one of the “top tier” recommended vehicles in the vehicle's document.

• Support driver

• You will follow the participants from the rear as they move throughout the course. If anyone has a mechanical problem and their vehicle is no longer operational then you will have to pick them up drive them either to the halfway mechanical break (the only place you are allowed to call your mechanic) or to the end of the race. You are exempt from any sections of the course that may be hard to traverse in the support vehicle (cite in the vehicle's document)

To apply for either of these roles make sure to reply with which one you would like to do and reasons why you should be chosen. Provide any evidence if possible (e.g YouTube videos, screenshots or forum posts).

Rules and requirements

Some of the rules and requirements listed here apply to behavior in game during the event and some of them apply to you as a person if you would like to take part. Common sense and maturity are a given and anyone who messes around or griefs the event will be kick from the server without warning.

• You must be in the server at least 20 minutes before the event is scheduled to start.

• After entering the server anything to do with time will use the in game clock to avoid issues with different time zones. The irl time that the will start at will be GMT (England)

• Ramming, shooting and other forms of immature behavior will result in you being kicked from the server without warning and a cooldown of 2 future events before you are allowed to take part again.

• After enough people have shown interest you must fill in the application form correctly and as accurately as possible so that the turnaround time for applicants is quick

• While in voice chat in the dedicated discord server you must have push to talk ON and only talk either when you are spoken to or if you have an emergency with your vehicle or if you are lost.

• Your vehicle can not be painted bright orange as this is the dedicated colour for the staff vehicle’s.

• You may not overtake the pace vehicle and any attempt to do so will result in being kicked from the server.

• If someone has closed the 5 seconds gap on you and are within 20ft of you for more than one minute you must pull to the side and allow them to pass you, on the flip side if you close the gap on the person in front of you, give them one minute to pull away again until attempting to pass.

• Most importantly have fun.

APPLICATION WILL BE DONE IN THE DISCORD SERVER !

steve dogg 51

Hi fella, I'm interested I this and have a large crew that might also like to attend.

I really like the role play idea and I'm sure it will apeal to some crew members.

Can I ask is it on PC ?

Hi fella, I'm interested I this and have a large crew that might also like to attend.

I really like the role play idea and I'm sure it will apeal to some crew members.

Can I ask is it on PC ?

It is indeed on PC

Cool u ok if I let the PC guys know ?

Yes ofc. How many of you are there? I checked out your website; I'll be keeping a close eye on your events too!

SKiTZoFReNiK

I was wondering when this would pop up

seems like a fun idea

• Like 1

steve dogg 51

Cool u ok if I let the PC guys know ?

Yes ofc. How many of you are there? I checked out your website; I'll be keeping a close eye on your events too!

728 :) but mainly were Xbox 1 - have a couple of PC players that might be interested

ScooterEightyTwo

Well this sounds like a cool idea, shame that I'm on PS4, will the 'media coverage' be on Youtube afterwards to watch?

Also, I wonder if anyone is game enough to try this in the Dune dakar truck that releases soon, if possible

Well this sounds like a cool idea, shame that I'm on PS4, will the 'media coverage' be on Youtube afterwards to watch?

Also, I wonder if anyone is game enough to try this in the Dune dakar truck that releases soon, if possible

The plan is for it to be uploaded to youtube! I have tried the course in the trophy truck and the desert raid both perform amazing at lowers speed with great acceleration but ultimately get left behind on the longer full throttle sections.