1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

New cars - Carbon spoiler = speed increase?

desperado558

desperado558

Well I happened to notice some post on the Rockstar community support site stating that the Carbon wing on the RE-7B actually seems to improve its speed (and also stating it is faster than a hydra but i can't test that and really don't care)

Well... Curiosity got the best of me. I had the stock spoiler still, but otherwise was fully upgraded and took it to LSIA and did 8 runs in the same stretch of the runway from one end to the other timing it. The results were between 21.24 and 21.31 seconds.

Went and threw on the carbon wing and tested once more using the exact same spot, 8 more runs. All were between 19.69 and 19.77 seconds. A very notable improvement for nothing more than a spoiler.

Not sure if there may have been something else that affected this or if it was in fact just the spoiler on this car. Also do not know about the other new vehicles, as I've only had enough for this one. If anyone else cares to test this out somehow and post results that would be interesting, because from what I've seen previously, spoilers have never made a performance difference what so ever.

EDIT: Mistakenly posted this outside of the vehicle sub-forum. Sorry!

Edited by desperado558

Are you playing on PC? On Xbox One I don't seem to be going notably faster in my Anus whatever its called.

Well,all spoilers (appart from stock spoilers) increase traction quite substantially, but that typically doesn't change the top speed of a car, it just means you can retain more speed while cornering etc, so if you're carrying more speed through a corner, you do get a head start on the next straight.

However, PC version is bugged so that some spoiler options cause the suspension speed boost bug,

Rockstar's QA team (if it even exists) is really bad. Good chance they don't understand the physics of their own game, so they can't foresee the consequences of too much downforce on certain car suspensions.

Lately it has been on a roll. First it the 900R, then the Slamvan Custom, then the wiggle boosting, then the 811 and now whatever the hell is going on.

LightningLord

Rockstar's QA team (if it even exists) is really bad. Good chance they don't understand the physics of their own game, so they can't foresee the consequences of too much downforce on certain car suspensions.

Lately it has been on a roll. First it the 900R, then the Slamvan Custom, then the wiggle boosting, then the 811 and now whatever the hell is going on.

Someone mind explaining this? I haven't played this game or been super active on the forums much lately.

Edited by LightningLord

Actually they know, that's why they made those cars to break the speed limit for OL vehicles. Kerb boost is not a mystery for a long time.

Well,all spoilers (appart from stock spoilers) increase traction quite substantially, but that typically doesn't change the top speed of a car, it just means you can retain more speed while cornering etc, so if you're carrying more speed through a corner, you do get a head start on the next straight.

However, PC version is bugged so that some spoiler options cause the suspension speed boost bug,

Actually the increase in traction from the spoiler also, because of the games physics, reduces the wheelspin and allows for a better a launch speed in a drag, so better launch and mid-range acceleration. Which is probably where he found the difference. However, I doubt there is any difference between the carbon and other spoiler options as long as you don't stick it with the stock spoiler, stock spoiler doesn't do anything and is only there to look pretty when you buy it.

Someone mind explaining this? I haven't played this game or been super active on the forums much lately.

Wiggle boosting was a glitch with the Sabre Turbo Custom that was since patched that allowed a player to use the hydraulics of the car tilting it left-right-left-right whilst going on straights to obtain the same effect that you get from kerb boosting, since activating the hydraulics makes the car not able to corner it still required a skilled driver to do succesfully in a race but it made the car able to reach ridiculous speeds. If you try to do it now however you will just go slower, since they patched it.

• Like 2