1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

mx5

Western Gargoyle Appreciation (PIC HEAVY)

Giantsgiants

My Gargoyle:

zT2YmED.jpg

My Gargoyle's theme song:

THC

Before I was able to drive off chilliad without falling off no problem or not falling off in general but now im falling off every crash. Wtf?

Obscur4ns

I bought two of these because they're so nice. I kept one as the hillclimber with the grey livery and the other I made into a bobber

6cDFiQN.jpg

1rosuOF.jpg

dFSuzE9.jpg

C5JzRBq.jpg

Antigenetic

Still trying to figure out if I want to whip those stock tires off and give it a street makeover or not.

I did it and have no regrets whatsoever.

bafs8ug9xeej0ww-pqk79v2skj.jpg

Edit: I like the Gargoyle livery as well; I'd just prefer to have pure black underneath the livery itself, or at least a way to make the grey darker. Another gripe is that a crew emblem cannot be applied; there used to be a glitch that allowed you to put an emblem on a bike that could not have one, but I haven't seen anything like that recently. Any ideas anyone?

Edited by Antigenetic

Erased

Mine. I am in love with this bike. My ONLY little nitpick I have is I wish the rear fender was a little more flush w/the tire. That's it tho, other than that I love it.

yOuRcD0.jpg

Absolut

Such a great bike. Either physics in bikes were changed, or this has way different. I had quite a few moments when i was sure i'll fall, and didn't. Wheelie abilities in this are phenomenal, feels like a true powerful bike. Great at traffic.

TheLordMarvel

Only bike I wouldn't mind a rusty livery for. :p

cmbrXfx.jpg

aabodMR.jpg

zgGyVoK.jpg

action_pumper

Great bike and it can wheelie at speed which is significant to many people. Looks like a proper beast too.

Thank you :D

I've got another 4 hours before I get home. Information like that is a MUST!

Well monkey face, what's the verdict??!!

Are you able to leap tall buildings in a single bound?

singemfrc

I thought hill climber too especially with the forward peg position.

Just drove it off the side of Chiliad, two monster jumps and hit a tree at the bottom and I still haven't come off it. Got to be the best bike for landing safely on. I reckon I could get hit by a train and it would just knock the train off it's track.

I read that it seems difficult to fall off bikes in general, most likely due to the stunt races having huge jumps. Have you noticed the same with other bikes?

By far without a question. I was doing the same thing, not only flying up the side of mountains but I also noticed what is an otherwise uncontrollable descent on other vehicles is very controllable on the Gargoyle - you can brake (quickly) and turn around and go right back up the mountain!

Funny, I literally did that. I decided to see how far I could take it so I Cargobob'd the bike to the top of the maze bank tower and drove the bike off of the side and fell down to the street and STILL landed safely without any damage to my player. So literally no matter where you go or how far you fall, as long as you land with both wheels on the ground, you won't fall off.

Edited by singemfrc

Furry_Monkey

Great bike and it can wheelie at speed which is significant to many people. Looks like a proper beast too.

Thank you :D

I've got another 4 hours before I get home. Information like that is a MUST!

Well monkey face, what's the verdict??!!

Yes, and very, very easily. The problem is that there have been changes to the physics and/or glitches. There are definitely glitches, like being able to slam into the train at full speed, head on, and just get shoved to the side without falling off your bike. You can wheelie and jump off the front of oncoming vehicles as well, but then suddenly it just stops working and you'll start falling off as normal.

They've applied changes to allow the stunt races to actually work without people falling off their bikes all the time, and those changes have spilled into free roam too. Until they sort it out it's impossible to be sure how good or bad the bikes are for stunting. That said, they are both f*cking lovely bikes and the Gargoyle *may* replace the Ruffian as my go to bike. I'll have to wait and see.

Oh and it's not just the new bikes that are affected by the above-mentioned glitch. I was bumping off oncoming traffic and getting big air whilst on a Ruffian earlier. It's bikes in general, but it's not all the time.

action_pumper

Totally agree, I caught big air when I accidently wheelied into an oncoming car. If there is any negative impact from this physics change, rockstar might be slow to fix it.

I notice the bike finishes upside down a lot, following a crash.

Beautiful looks, sound and handling!

o_Marvelous

It's lovely! I don't really have space for this but tested it in a race. Corners great. Great top end and acceleration. Wheelies. Traction. Handles bumps. Sounds nastyyyy.

10/10

EVOLUT7ON

:r*:
Awesomeness bike!

IoLcNUpvr0q4Bj6-a0vk2A_0_0.jpg

Edited by EVOLUT7ON

boppa_

This bike is the second best thing about this update... 1st is the update itself. Thank you Rockstar!!

The Western Gargoyle. Untameable.

CnNEJqHWAAApQ7P.jpg

FourSevenNine

Before I was able to drive off chilliad without falling off no problem or not falling off in general but now im falling off every crash. Wtf?

Did your Gargoyle get destroyed? Mine was a monster, then it had an accident and blew up on my way down Chilliad and it hasn't been the same since. Constantly falling off of it now, while before hand I could haul off into a wall and not move.

THC

Did your Gargoyle get destroyed? Mine was a monster, then it had an accident and blew up on my way down Chilliad and it hasn't been the same since. Constantly falling off of it now, while before hand I could haul off into a wall and not move.

No it just all of a sudden it just stopped being the beast it was now its just a fast motorcycle.

FourSevenNine

No it just all of a sudden it just stopped being the beast it was now its just a fast motorcycle.

I believe its bugged one way or the other, whether it was supposed to be near impossible to fall off of or just a fast bike I'm not sure. I'm going to be a little disappointed if it wasn't supposed to be hard to fall off, made it a very fun bike. :/

Carrythxd

THC

I believe its bugged one way or the other, whether it was supposed to be near impossible to fall off of or just a fast bike I'm not sure. I'm going to be a little disappointed if it wasn't supposed to be hard to fall off, made it a very fun bike. :/

Yup, going chilliad was fun as hell. Now one little bump and its all over.

Fireboy769

Just drove it off the side of Chiliad, two monster jumps and hit a tree at the bottom and I still haven't come off it. Got to be the best bike for landing safely on. I reckon I could get hit by a train and it would just knock the train off it's track.

Besides the Soverign. Unless I actually get run over by traffic, it's really damn hard to fall off it. Hopping fences (or Bouncing, since you go back high in the air), trees, cars, gates. Nothing can stop it. No wonder Western made the Gargoyle.

SickBoy

What happened with Power Play is happening with the Gargoyle, in that, when it was first released, some people still had the Aircraft Carrier on their map even though they were back in freeroam, and now the handling and abilities that motorcycles have in a stunting race are leaking into freeroam, so for a short while after completing a race and returning to freeroam, the handling and ability to survive just about anything come with you.

FourSevenNine

What happened with Power Play is happening with the Gargoyle, in that, when it was first released, some people still had the Aircraft Carrier on their map even though they were back in freeroam, and now the handling and abilities that motorcycles have in a stunting race are leaking into freeroam, so for a short while after completing a race and returning to freeroam, the handling and ability to survive just about anything come with you.

Maybe R* won't notice :lol:

Heres a video of me seeing just how much it can handle.

Edited by FourSevenNine

bloatedsack

This is so close to be awesome, but so far.

If they'd given it a single headlamp like the Soverign, it would look so much better than the weird undersized dualies of the Bagger. That would've been enough to make it near perfect, but if they'd done that and stripped the radiator off the frame it'd be the best looking bike in the game.

Alas, it's not to be. I'm most horrified by the headlamp though which just doesn't fit the rest of what they've done. Even in a world of retro-design, I don't think a designer would've slopped those ugly lights on a motorcycle meant to evoke classic American iron.

Fourtified gta

PSA: I might know the solution to this. I bought the gargoyle before even doing a stunt race and took it down chilliad and off the top of buildings in downtown, I fell off easily like I would have expected, and bumping into cars threw me off the bike. A few hours later after doing tons of stunt races, some of which were bike stunt races in which I used my gargoyle, I went back to free mode and noticed that my gargoyle was practically indestructible. I think something about using it in races triggers that indestructibility (where u don't fall off the bike), and it transfers over into free mode until you destroy your bike.

Haven't tried this more then once, but someone that's having this issue, go to stunt races on it and then return to free mode, might be our solution here!

Edited by Fourtified gta

THC

PSA: I might know the solution to this. I bought the gargoyle before even doing a stunt race and took it down chilliad and off the top of buildings in downtown, I fell off easily like I would have expected, and bumping into cars threw me off the bike. A few hours later after doing tons of stunt races, some of which were bike stunt races in which I used my gargoyle, I went back to free mode and noticed that my gargoyle was practically indestructible. I think something about using it in races triggers that indestructibility (where u don't fall off the bike), and it transfers over into free mode until you destroy your bike.

Haven't tried this more then once, but someone that's having this issue, go to stunt races on it and then return to free mode, might be our solution here!

I just tried the race and yeah it seems like the only thing that activates it, sad I was hoping it was an actual thing for the gargoyle. Now lets hope the fun police don't ruin this.

Edited by Spree Killer

Bob_760

I was about to buy this when I noticed that the default version doesn't show up when you do an off-road race. Can anyone confirm if the custom version shows up in off-road?

Lafbael

Weird, one moment I was not flying off my motorcycle then after I placed it in my garage and drove it out I seem to fall off it every hit I take.

@Above The custom one doesn't seem to show up under off-roads even in the creator.

TheLordMarvel

l Marksman God l

Amy Vinewood

My Gargoyle:

6ef84ec22e.jpg

6ef88d93bc.jpg