2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Is Online worth it?

Neonic29

Yes if you like pay to play with cheaters, douchebags and annoying 12 years old kids.

Without forgetting the superhuman effort to get money to buy an expensive reskinned car or an useless gun...

Edited by Frito-Man

Nope, this game is poorly planned when it comes to catering to newcomers, the only way you'll enjoy anything new is if you played since Day One and grinding everyday since then.

Actually on last gen he has a good chance that a random modder will drop 40 millions on his head and fully upgrade his cars just for being there. At least that happens on PS3, not sure if 360 has such nice modders.

Edited by RogerWho

I've been playing this one game for years and haven't gotten bored yet...I'd say it is worth it.

DangerZ0neX

I have a tip for you OP, consider paying $10-$20 dollars for a modded account from a trustworthy source and you'll get unlimited access to everything in the game, you will never have to worry about not having enough money for a tiny vanity plate on your precious lowrider ever again.

EvilPickle12

Yeah, and you get 4 free games a month too

Edited by EvilPickle12

All Rockstar cares about anymore is shark card sales, so if you can't decide on your own over $5 a month, you aren't in their $50-100/month shark card demo and nothing that benefits or caters to you will happen.

That being said, if all you want is to play with friends who already have GTA:O, the fun with them would probably be worth it. Just avoid the cesspools known as public lobbies, unless you're proud of your homosexuality, your mothers promiscuity, and having noobs in fighter jets grief you for the lulz.

So I got it.

Newbie question: What do people spend most of their time doing Online?

So I got it.

Newbie question: What do people spend most of their time doing Online?

f*cking escaping reality and playing a game bro

As a newbie, what advice does anyone have for me as I start out? What should I do? How do I rank up fast etc?

EvilPickle12

Start with contact missions, save for a garage, buy an Elegy, they're free, then do fleeca heist and buy an house, i think low end houses are 100k? Or save for a Del Perro apt, 200k.

Play alone until you're rank 40, or if you want to, get spawnkilled every minute

Edit: Or get the free sp cars that came with the update. Thanks Specter for the reminder

Edited by EvilPickle12

Start with contact missions, save for a garage, buy an Elegy, they're free, then do fleeca and buy an house, i think low end houses are 100k? Or save for a Del Perro apt, 200k.

Play alone until you're rank 40, or if you want to, get spawnkilled every minute

There's also the three free sponsored muscle cars from singleplayer that came with the update.

Start with contact missions, save for a garage, buy an Elegy, they're free, then do fleeca heist and buy an house, i think low end houses are 100k? Or save for a Del Perro apt, 200k.

Edit: Or get the free sp cars that came with the update. Thanks Specter for the reminder

Are contact missions like Simeon and such?

GAUNTLET HELLFIRE

As a newbie, what advice does anyone have for me as I start out? What should I do? How do I rank up fast etc?

If you are on Xbox One check out this thread for an easy way to get a bit of extra money. http://gtaforums.com/topic/766408-npc-modified-rare-vehicle-bicycle-mega-thread/

Don't bother with expensive cars yet get a high end apartment first so you can host heists. Del Perro is on sale at the moment for $160k. Do The Fleeca Job ASAP you'll get a once off $100k bonus. When you hit rank 15 do the daily objectives they pay $25k a day and you get a weekly and monthly bonus for doing them everyday. As for ranking up I have found the best way is doing contact missions on free aim until you have enough money to be a CEO.

Mix up your jobs don't just grind the same mission over and over again mix in some Captures, LTS, Races etc. If you host Captures and Deathmatches you can put it on forced and pick ups only so everyone has access to the same weapons and until you get use to the game you can kick high levels so you are only playing against new players and possibly second characters. until you have upgraded cars you can turn custom vehicles off if you host a race that way no one can use a fully upgraded car and you have a chance of winning.

If you are going to do races check out this Youtube playlist

. He test every car around a track so it will give you an idea of what cars to stay away from in races.

Start with contact missions, save for a garage, buy an Elegy, they're free, then do fleeca and buy an house, i think low end houses are 100k? Or save for a Del Perro apt, 200k.

There's also the three free sponsored muscle cars from singleplayer that came with the update.

They are only free if you played on last gen.

If you are on Xbox One check out this thread for an easy way to get a bit of extra money. http://gtaforums.com/topic/766408-npc-modified-rare-vehicle-bicycle-mega-thread/

Don't bother with expensive cars yet get a high end apartment first so you can host heists. Del Perro is on sale at the moment for $160k. Do The Fleeca Job ASAP you'll get a once off $100k bonus. When you hit rank 15 do the daily objectives they pay $25k a day and you get a weekly and monthly bonus for doing them everyday. As for ranking up I have found the best way is doing contact missions on free aim until you have enough money to be a CEO.

Mix up your jobs don't just grind the same mission over and over again mix in some Captures, LTS, Races etc. If you host Captures and Deathmatches you can put it on forced and pick ups only so everyone has access to the same weapons and until you get use to the game you can kick high levels so you are only playing against new players and possibly second characters. until you have upgraded cars you can turn custom vehicles off if you host a race that way no one can use a fully upgraded car and you have a chance of winning.

. He test every car around a track so it will give you an idea of what cars to stay away from in races.

I'm on 360.

What are the daily objectives? And what are contact missions?

Thanks for the help.

EvilPickle12

I'm on 360.

What are the daily objectives? And what are contact missions?

Thanks for the help.

Simeon, Gerald, Lamar missions, daily objectives are things you have to do to get money, for example, kill 10 players, destroy 10 vehicles and complete a race. Do this 3 objectives and you get 25k, do them for a week and you'll get 100k, do them for a month and you'll get 500k

for PC it is.... online is where all the updates go and why I still play the game for hundreds of hours after the game, it's a great time to be had.

So I've amassed 200K. What now? Should I buy a garage or a house? Then should I do the Fleeca heist?

Also I've been really enjoying Online so far.

Anachronistic

So I've amassed 200K. What now? Should I buy a garage or a house? Then should I do the Fleeca heist?

Also I've been really enjoying Online so far.

Good. I'm glad your experience has been good so far. I hope you're doing monthly because I heard rumors of the 360 servers being shut down. :/

Yeah, a garage is good because then you can have your car delivered to you.

I'm not sure how bad the modder situation is but it is probably worth it to see if they'll drop money on you. Just understand it's just as likely they'll drop a Ferris wheel on you as well.

Consider spending $10 - $20 on a shark card to get the special carbine, the homing launcher and the heavy shotgun, or $10-$20 on a modded account and be set forever. (Btw keep your level and KD reasonable, on CG I like to target players with unrealistic stats.)

Survivals are good to get ammo and your shooting up as well as some decent cash.

Once you become some what competent at that quick join heists to get money and unlock vehicles. I had to do that recently to unlock vehicles on a secondary character. You might get kicked but it's better than waiting for people to join you. (You can't even host heist until you get a high end apartment)

Then get an armored Kuruma or Insurgent. Both are good mission cars and will help you in public sessions.

Try to level up, unlock items like the heavy sniper and get good with it.

Your going to struggle for a while but you'll eventually reach a point where you're saving more money than your spending and you can get the nicer items.

That's about all I can say about LG. Obviously with the servers possibly being shutdown consider upgrading to CG. It's a much more expansive world (gameplay wise, it's still the same map)

Edited by Anachronistic

DangerZ0neX

Did you even play Singleplayer, OP? Don't tell me you bough GTA V just to play Online.

Did you even play Singleplayer, OP? Don't tell me you bough GTA V just to play Online.

Yeah I did. I played it a lot, actually.

If you're on old gen I'd advise you to get a modded account and a £200 million at least, because you've started way too late to just grind it out. Then transfer to current gen.

If you're on 360 it is worth it. I haven't enjoyed the game in the last 7 months of owning a NG console. Take my advise and don't transfer. It's just not enjoyable and rarely playable if you have a highish level.

only reason i haven't sold my copy is i still play with 1 person when she is off work.

And if you do upgrade, stay away from xbox 1, this is the worst console i have ever played on in my 23 years, and i used to say that about 360. i imagine ps4 to be better, but everything about this console is just horrible.

Actually OP, just go outside and run, run away OP, far far away, while you're young. Just go and don't come back, ever. It will be worth it, i promise. Save yourself while you still can!

if you cheat for money then yes if not then prepare to play for weeks until you are allowed to have fun

If you're on old gen I'd advise you to get a modded account and a £200 million at least, because you've started way too late to just grind it out. Then transfer to current gen.

How does one get a modded account?

For one game? I wouldn't get a live or plus sub just for one game, but you can always unsub if you don't end up enjoying it.

GTA is the only PS4 game I play(99%) of the time , hell, I got my PS4 so I could play GTAV on the new consoles

Current gen yes. Old gen probably not.

Old gen is still worth online. And if you have a RSC account linked to your online character then you can level up/make money then transfer them to your next gen when you get it.

sh*t, I bought an apartment in Del Perro but it was a 90k one, not the 160k one. I've got 160k left. Should I spend it all on the high end Del Perro apartment for heists?