1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

So how exactly do GTA Online bans work?

WaterLord

Hey all, I was wondering how do people get banned in GTA Online? I know the obvious stuff (modding/hacking isn't allowed etc) but does anyone know how exactly they decide whether to ban someone or not?

I'm asking this because a few days ago I got banned, although I'm pretty sure I deleted every mod AND deleted and reinstalled the game before playing Online for the first time, and after that verified the game through Steam just to make sure. Could it have been possible that someone flagged me and Rockstar decided to ban me? Also could they ban me for having Cheat Engine installed on my computer but NEVER using it (before or after getting GTAV)?

Also would it make sense if they thought my money was increasing too fast or something? I recently did all the flight school missions and a lot of races.

Anyway thanks for reading, and please reply if you know anything regarding their ban system.

No one knows, because they will not provide a ban reason, they will not provide ban evidence and they will not discuss your ban with you or allow you to appeal it. They put up a wall and hide behind the community to defend them, who will automatically assume that you are a lying cheater, despite Rockstar's ban system representing directly a court in the worst, most corrupt kind of country.

In a civilized society, it's innocent until proven guilty, and that law exists precisely to stop abuses like this.

You don't get to say that someone is guilty because they were banned. You get to say that they were banned because they were proven guilty. No evidence or reason provided for the ban? Your ban isn't legitimate. End of.

Edited by Azarael

emptyplayer

I was just about to ask how do I ban appeal a ban without ringing them. I received an email which I read on the 8th but had received on the 3rd advising my account had been banned. No expiry date or explanation as to why. I thought it was odd as I only remember playing on my ps4 for a while and I'd been on since the third so assumed it was mistake. Booted up PC yesterday and realised the ban is on there and expires on the 13th. Funny things is I've never modded or glitched any money (I know, I know) but I do remember being afk last Saturday on PC so I think it occurred from there. I'm a day one player from PS3 so when ever people see my level they just think I'm a modder on PC. I don't think I can bothered to telephone them about it though.

Edited by emptyplayer

There have been telephone conversations posted of attempted ban appeals on YouTube, have a look. I'm pretty sure they take the same stance that they do elsewhere - since they can't ignore you, as they've acknowledged you already, they'll refuse to lift the ban and tell you that they "don't overturn temporary bans" as if reading from a script.

I was just about to ask how do I ban appeal a ban without ringing them. I received an email which I read on the 8th but had received on the 3rd advising my account had been banned. No expiry date or explanation as to why. I thought it was odd as I only remember playing on my ps4 for a while and I'd been on since the third so assumed it was mistake. Booted up PC yesterday and realised the ban is on there and expires on the 13th. Funny things is I've never modded or glitched any money (I know, I know) but I do remember being afk last Saturday on PC so I think it occurred from there. I'm a day one player from PS3 so when ever people see my level they just think I'm a modder on PC. I don't think I can bothered to telephone them about it though.

To appeal a ban you can go to this link: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/newand open a support ticket, though from what I've heard almost everyone gets the same automated response (the same one I got) and in most cases the ban isn't lifted. Like the other poster said, they don't even give you a reason for the ban, but you can still give it a try if you want.

Also from reading your post I remembered that I also went afk for a bit too, maybe 5-10 minutes and got the message that I was disconnected for being idle. But I honestly don't think this was the reason, because I got disconnected already, so them banning me for this wouldn't make sense.