1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Session splits in heists

Gothamite

Ok, we are doing CM and I had session split 4 times in a row right after prison parachuting on the beach. Like seconds before we finish the finale. 4 times in a row! This can't be a coincidence.

I don't habe any issues on free mode or with my net in general. It all started yesterday in heists. This is unacceptable, because it took us so much time. Now I don't wanna continue because this sh!t might happen again.

I have no idea what's going on, but it's super frustrating....

Sky_Light12

well it does happen to me if i adjust my MTU to 800 , which results me getting blamed for quiting

What's that? And do u have this issue only in heists? On free mode its ok?

I didnt change anything though.

You're not alone bro, Same thing is happening on PC recently. We get near the end of a Heist then one player DCs, happens at least every 2-3 heists and it's not the same player each time.

Yesterday I was the one that DC'ed after popping flares at the Humane Lab Heist, it's embarrassing to get back in the menu with quiet friends that may think it's your fault somehow. I don't have connection issues in any other game, only GTAO.

I've been encountering more connection problems with the game since the three extra F&F vehicles were added. The LS Customs menu is moving too sensitively, I'm getting a lot of lag in free roam, a lot of racers jumping around the place... my Internet connection is pretty solid too.

You're not alone bro, Same thing is happening on PC recently. We get near the end of a Heist then one player DCs, happens at least every 2-3 heists and it's not the same player each time.

Yesterday I was the one that DC'ed after popping flares at the Humane Lab Heist, it's embarrassing to get back in the menu with quiet friends that may think it's your fault somehow. I don't have connection issues in any other game, only GTAO.

But it only happens in heists... That's the weird part. I can play free mode for hours and be in the same lobby without any issue, without any session split.

20451ecneps

Well, the game does act up a little bit before a DLC (particularly, the big ones) gets released. I'm not sure if that's the cause of this or what, but if a lot of people are experiencing it, then I guess it's a possibility.

SophistiKat

Jesus freakin' Christ, after 3 hours I still couldn't finish all the Pac Standard setups because one player would just randomly lag out in the middle of the mission.

Me, I had no problems during heists, but I lagged out constantly in freeroam today.

Just quit the game a few moments ago 'cause it became too damn frustrating.

session split 4 times in a row

Oh, so that's what it's called when one of the players suddenly "quits" the setup mission? Edited by SophistiKat

session split 4 times in a row

Oh, so that's what it's called when one of the players suddenly "quits" the setup mission?

Yes, it shows as all players left all of a sudden.

Fail_At_GTA

Protip: For CM, all players must quickly close the game if you fail something by death or if a disconnect happens. It wont save the data and your CM progress wont be lost.

But it only happens in heists... That's the weird part. I can play free mode for hours and be in the same lobby without any issue, without any session split.

same, only in heists and only near the end which makes it that much worse.

That's unacceptable lol

Stupid question, but could it be hackers or something.

It just doesn't make any sense that it ONLY happens in heists near the end...

That's unacceptable lol

i highly doubt it's hackers, I play heists with friends only & normally from an invite only session to decrease loading time. I think it'sjust good old R* matchmaking or syncing issues. Just imo, I have no idea what's causing it.

That's unacceptable lol

i highly doubt it's hackers, I play heists with friends only & normally from an invite only session to decrease loading time. I think it'sjust good old R* matchmaking or syncing issues. Just imo, I have no idea what's causing it.

I do the same in heists [everyone in an invite lobby before it starts] and get the same sh*t. A lot. It's a huge part of why I advocate for the new CEO sh*t to be done solo. If the session splits and I'm alone, my last few hours of work are still safe. I've had to resort to forcing session splits to do CEO stuff solely so I don't have randumbs screwing me out of a payday constantly. I could solo pac stand too if R* let me but apparently going full Joker and murdering all your accomplices and keeping the full pay off isn't allowed in a crime simulator...

Yeah I haven't done ceo stuff in a while but when I'm in solo mood I just snipe udp port and be solo forever until I get bored of it and disable the rule.

However these splits really irks me. To make things worse, we are doing CM challenge.

I already sent support ticket and if they tell me some generic sh!t like my internet is to blame, I swear I'm gonna throw up.

It doesn't make any sense that it's our internet if this ONLlY happens in heists, while we don't have ANY issues at all in free mode, missions etc etc.

Dumbasses are probally heisting with their MTU locked to 800...

We are on PC, doing CM challenge. No one is changing anything.

• Like 1

Ok I've been playing the whole day without any splits.

All of a sudden it started happenning again.

The only possible reasons could be that:

1. I had gta on for 8 hours straight, and it overheated somehow

2. After the split I just saw that nod32 finished an update

Any help would be appriciated because this is so annoying. I had 2 splits in a row doing PS finale.... It's unplayable....

R* replied same bs like patching etc they are clueless as I am...

P.s. And again this ONLY happens in heists.

Edited by Gothamite

Quick update because it seems that I finally solved the issue.

It was #2, norton antivirus was the problem. It was automatically.updating itself etc while I was in hesists. So I just disabled nod32 while playing gta.

Don't know why it only happens in heists though, must be that the heists are more sensitive syncing wise and whatnot but I'm glad it's all good now.