Ricketts

Seth

Marshall Johnson

Jonah

Eli

Bonnie

Jack

Canady117

Irish is my favorite character, with Landon Ricketts coming in second and Bonnie at #3. Bonnie is a strong, believable and grounded female character (doesn't seem like many artists can get that type of character right). Ricketts always reminded me of both Sam Elliott and Kurt Russell. Irish is just plain hilarious - his character is just too damn great.

PhillBellic

Apart from John/Jack, Bonnie is by far my favourite Character. I hope she makes an appearance in the Red Dead 'Next' Game.

CreepShow

Apart from John/Jack, Bonnie is by far my favourite Character. I hope she makes an appearance in the Red Dead 'Next' Game.

Like a grandmother. That'd be cool. What if Jack marries her...okay, im losing my mind.

jedijosh920

Rdr_carnelius_wolfe02.jpg

An NPC that goes by the name of Carnelious Wolfe. He always wants to duel John Marston and he slightly resembles "The Man with No Name" from the Dollars Trilogy.

“Bit of poetic justice - me, Carnelious Wolfe, killin' you in a duel.”

CreepShow

Cornelius is a bad shooter.

JosephStalin

TzgwHz1.jpg

YOU f*ckING CHEAT ! f*ckING YANKEE ! :lol:

Legend, anyway few of my favourites

John

Irish

Dutch

Edger Ross

Luisa

Professor Macdougal

Captain Da Santa

Landon Ricketts

Nigel West Dickens

Red Dead had a great cast of lovable Rockstar nutjobs. :r*:

Edited by FuckingYokel

The Deadite

I'm not seeing enough love for Nigel West Dickens here.

Either way, is really hard if not impossible to make a list of my favorites without just listing all the characters in the game, i honestly can't even mention a character i dislike.

Shadowfennekin

Nigel West Dickens

John Marston

Landon Ricketts

Irish

Seth

Marshall

Bonnie

Abraham Reyes

Professor Macdougal

monkb4skunk

Marston followed by irish

Payne Killer

John Marston

West Dickens

Irish

Seth

Abraham Reyes

Uncle

Bonnie

PhillBellic

Like a grandmother. That'd be cool. What if Jack marries her...okay, im losing my mind.

You have a very very vivid imagination, you Creep. :p

Neon_Dreaming

That sly old dog Nigel West Dickens, I enjoyed how he thought that he was a scholar, referencing great works of literature like he wrote them himself. I also like how on his wagon it says West Dickens Elixir, London, New York, New Austin, he was probaly chased out of the first two. The very definition of a bullsh1tter, but an entertaining one

Luisa, I found her naivety a bit grating at first, for someone who is a teacher and seems to be an intellegent person to not see through the thin veneer of patriotism and bluff that is Reyes is surprising. However I find her desire for a better future for the people of Mexico admirable, she has no ulterior motive, just for a better tomorrow, so because of this I've grown to like her.

Nastas, while not one of my favourite characters as he didn't have many apperances he still remains an enigma, I would have liked to hear more of his backstory, maybe have a few missions for him, bring the Native American viewpoint to the fore.

Femme Fatale

Randall Forrester...

"Fella's gotta eat."

Well said, friend, well said...

Edited by SprayPaintedCraniums

BenMitchell90

My two favorites are John Marston and Edgar Ross.

John is pretty self-explanatory, he's the perfect protagonist for this kind of game, and probably the best-written protagonist to ever grace a Rockstar story. One thing I really liked about him is that while he has a good set of morals, he still has a dark, ruthless side that proves that the outlaw within isn't entirely dead. Like how he casually threatens to kill West Dickens early on, or late in the game, when he jokes that he'll throw MacDougal to Dutch's gang. Then there's the whole Mexico arc, where he aids the military in some pretty deplorable actions - as long as he gets what he needs, the ends justify the means.

Ross is just a fantastic antagonist, and for my money he's the best one Rockstar's ever done. I think the thing I love most about him is that he's surprisingly three-dimensional. Sure, he's a huge prick, and gives the player every reason to hate him, but it's also easy to see where he's coming from. When he talks about civilizing the West and bringing Dutch to justice, it's hard to argue with what he's talking about. And honestly, at times I found him to be such a prick it's kind of hilarious (kinda like Roy Earle, who's easily my favorite partner in L.A. Noire). Like when he tells John that Abigail was killed in a prison riot and then reveals he was only joking, what a great ba*tard. I also thought he and John had a really good protagonist/antagonist chemistry that provided for some great dialogue.

I think the only thing I dislike about his character is

That he goes to his death still being a do*che. To be fair, it's pretty clear that Jack is there to kill him, but if he'd shown genuine regret over John's death and asked for forgiveness, and you were given the choice to either kill him or spare him, the ending would have held even more power IMO.

As far as honorable mentions go, Bonnie and Abigail are about tied. Considering how Rockstar usually depicts women, I was pleasantly surprised to find that these are two of the strongest written in gaming history. I really loved Marshall Johnson and Landon Ricketts too, just two salty older bada**es whose prior adventures in life could probably make for strong games alone. Dutch Van der Linde was also an amazing antagonist; he didn't have a whole lot of screen time, but they really made it count, and he's a surprisingly deep and even sympathetic character by the end. And as something of a sucker for Native American culture, I also really wish Nastas got more screentime.

Edited by BenMitchell90

Fuzzknuckles

Nigel, Nigel, Nigel. Seth, Jack, Irish. In that order.

ColePhelps

Bonnie
Dutch
Marshall Johnson
Ricketts
John
Reyes

Alexlecj

John Marston

Dutch Van der Linde

Nigel West Dickens

Irish

Bonnie MacFarlane

vnus_dmlo

herbert moon

that guy ran a tight shop at the armadillo general store and was just the best all round shop keeper you could ask for, he had a rigid moral code and ran his life accordingly and was never afraid or embarrassed to ask for help when he needed it, proudly and self assuredly proclaiming "HELP MEEE, IM HERBERT MOOOOON!" when in a pickle

aside from the herb theres also every other character in the game because theyre all great, i did especially like dutch and his philosophy and stature, by the end of the game he's almost this mythical character in what he has accomplished and what he's capable of

to me dutch is the ultimate western character philosophically and the way his death reflects the death of the wild west is really clever and fitting

MostWantedMVP

Bonnie MacFarlane

Irish

Seth

Harold MacDougal

Herbert Moon

BullsonParade
Posted (edited)

Landon Ricketts

Marshal Johnson

Bonnie MacFarlane

Seth Briars

Dutch Van Der Linde

Nastas

I felt bad for Dutch, he went insane, he had a flawed philosophy but he thought that what he was doing was right. Before he jumped off the cliff in Cochinay, he wasn't seen as a villain, he was a broken man.

Nastas was a character that I felt bad for, Macdougal was just so ignorant to him and his culture, also he helped John more directly, like he got him close to the man he had to hunt. And Nastas was probably the only character that John trusted.

Also John Marston, it's a given, one of the best protagonist in a video game.

Edited by BullsonParade